PDA

View Full Version : Blending long bangs

sazzie88
July 10th, 2012, 05:52 AM
I have been growing out my bangs and after contemplating cuttig them in I have decided against it and I am growing the out completely.

They are an inch below chin and my hair is at Apl.

I dont really want to feather my hair ( go any shorter ) at the front but i want to somehow blend my bangs in so it looks as though I have some sort of style, any ideas?

Zesty
July 10th, 2012, 06:18 AM
I'm curious about this too. Mine are nearly shoulder length and I have hip length hair. I'll be watching for responses in this thread.

spidermom
July 10th, 2012, 06:20 AM
My stylist went down the edges of my hair from my fringe toward my ends with the scissors at an angle.

bumblebums
July 10th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Do you wear your hair down often? Because if you don't, I would just leave it alone. On my scalp, the hair in the bangs region has a pretty short terminal length, and it wouldn't grow much past chin length anyway, so in a year or so, it would look completely blended anyway. YMMV, obviously.

MintChocChip
July 10th, 2012, 06:39 AM
I shall be keeping an eye on this thread too! I hate the growing out process of my side fringe which is also now chin length. Blergh. What I personally do is pin it underneath the rest of my hair if I'm leaving it down. Out of sight out of mind :D

Gillian
July 10th, 2012, 06:58 AM
I'm growing out bangs too and ive finally accepted the fact that i just have to wait until they look normal. somtimes it helps to do that side bangs french braid thing and then pin it behind your ear. or pin back the front and sides like angelina jolie..i do it for like a dinner or something when i dont feel like looking like i have a mullet :)

bunzfan
July 10th, 2012, 07:31 AM
I had a fringe cut back in last week and i asked the blend in the sides and the sliced the front sections if that helps at all.

ellen732
July 10th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Having a stylist blend them into an angled side or very long face frame helps to blend them.

LauraLongLocks
August 3rd, 2014, 03:02 PM
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but this has been on my mind, too. I'm growing mine out and also have leftover face-frame and one last hemline layer about 2" above my hem I am trimming out. When the bangs get to about chin length I am wondering if cutting a new face-frame would help blend them in, or if it would be nicer/easier to wear a single barrette half-up (or a bun half-up) when I wear it down. I do wear my hair up most of the time, but on the occasions I wear it down, I want it to look like it has a style, not like I had some accident at the hairdresser's. Sometimes it is just nice to let it all down and have none of the hair pulled back in any way. My hair is hip length now. I'm microtrimming the hem to eventually cut out my last hemline layer, so I can't really speculate how long my hair will be by the time my bangs make it to chin. I am guessing near BCL if I didn't do any trimming. I could tell the hairdresser to only do a top layer face frame instead of having the entire front corners lopped off. Maybe chin isn't long enough to blend it yet, anyway. Maybe I would rather wait until it is shoulder to APL.

Ingrid
August 3rd, 2014, 04:15 PM
When I was growing out my bangs, I found that S&Ding periodically helped them blend in with the rest of the hair more successfully. I didn't want to layer my hair even more so I just left them be for the most part, pinning them up and wearing headbands through the awkward stages. Now my bangs are around APL and are barely noticeable.