PDA

View Full Version : Biotin in VitaminWater! :)

Mrs.Witherup
July 10th, 2012, 01:55 AM
So I've been trying to add more water into my daily life, I am a devoted Dr. Pepper and Cherry Coke drinker :o but I realize I need more water for overall health! So my local Albertson's is having a fantastic sale on SmartWater and VitaminWater, so I picked up some VitaminWater Zero, and noticed tonight that the glow flavor (strawberry-guanabana, yum :D) has 50% of your daily biotin in it! :cheese: So if it's good for hair, and water is definitely good for overall health, I say yay!

ariesfairies
July 10th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Biotin inside? Sounds cool :P
But if you want water, go for the source :D Though tasty even the Coca Cola company lawyers admitted it's not a healthy drink :( Although half as much sugar than a can of cola, the vitamins included are synthetic :doh: Be careful!

prettykitty
July 10th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Score! Bad news about the nasty old sugar though :/

Sophiatrist
July 10th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Where are they getting a daily level from? In the U.S. anyway there is no RDA.

ariesfairies
July 10th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Where are they getting a daily level from? In the U.S. anyway there is no RDA.

Good point - having a deficiency in it is rare.

Mrs.Witherup
July 10th, 2012, 05:10 PM
It's the VitaminWater Zero, sweetened with stevia, which I thought was good for you. I'm new to this whole watching what you eat thing, lol. I don't know where they got the biotin level, it's stated on the label that it contains biotin and then on the nutrition facts it says 50%, but doesn't give a mcg level or anything like that. I'm gonna go research more! :D I just thought for those of us trying to up our biotin intake it would be a good thing!

swearnsue
July 10th, 2012, 05:14 PM
I looked at my multivitamin label and it says only 10% recommended amount of biotin! So 50% in some water sounds great!

lmfbs
July 10th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Most people get enough nutrients from simply eating a balanced diet. You don't need vitamin water. Why not just drink water? Personally, I can't stand the artificial flavour taste in water (funny, don't mind diet coke - I guess because I don't consider it water). Why do so many people hate water? There's nothing better for increasing your water intake than drinking water.

Mrs.Witherup
July 10th, 2012, 05:21 PM
So according to wikipedia, kids that have PKU are more prone to cradle cap, and may have it over larger parts of the body other than the scalp, and this could be related to poor ability to use biotin. I wonder if my kids vitamins have biotin. No PKU in our family but my youngest DD has horrible eczema...
Other than that, the VitaminWater Zero contains 0g of sugar! So good news there :)

ariesfairies
July 12th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Why do so many people hate water? There's nothing better for increasing your water intake than drinking water.

The taste. I can't speak for all who don't enjoy drinking water, but definitely for me and some others, water has an unpleasantly metallic taste, even when filtered. I still cringe when I drink it, despite knowing it's best for me!

hairstuck
July 12th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Half as much sugar as soda... is still less soda for those soda-addicts.

I actually like Vitamin Water. I don't drink it all the time, but it's a better alternative to super sugary drinks when you want something sweet. And, it sure tastes better than the nasty plain water here.