PDA

View Full Version : Being Good To My Hair.

MestizoGypsy
July 9th, 2012, 11:17 PM
I never thought I'd feel this way, but being on here (for less than a month) has sort of broken me of my flat iron/curling iron/blow dryer bad habits. My hairdresser has been trying to break me of it for years, but coming here has kind of given me a conscience about my hair and what I do to it. I used to wear it down every single day, but since I'm currently just in summer school and work all day, I've been wearing it braided, or in no heat styles... and actually liking the way it looks!!

Thanks for all of the tips everybody, y'all are great :o

HintOfMint
July 9th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Fantastic that you had an easy transition to gentler haircare. You're quite lucky in that respect.

MestizoGypsy
July 9th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Fantastic that you had an easy transition to gentler haircare. You're quite lucky in that respect.
Ahhh I wish it had been so easy- this forum has definitely been the thing that pushed me over to the good side, after years and years of my hairdresser and Mom telling me to quit ruining my hair haha.

prettykitty
July 10th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Yayyyy! Soon you'll start to reap the benefits, I hope it spurs you on :)

torrilin
July 10th, 2012, 06:03 AM
It'll feel really amazing when all the heat damage grows out. Takes bloody forever, but it's soooooo nice to have stylists bitching at you that they can't see why you need a trim for splits.

EndlessSunshine
July 10th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Being good to your hair takes patience but it will look so great! I too need to grow out damage but the six or so inches off virgin hair looks so great growing in. Best wishes!

Amber_Maiden
July 10th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Good work!

LaFlor
July 10th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I've definitely been there! It took me a while, but LHC broke me from my curling iron.
Your hair will thank you later and you will be so glad you stopped mistreating it with heat!!!
Keep it up :blossom: