PDA

View Full Version : Hair screw pins

Inozz
July 9th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I just picked up a set. I'm not quite sure what to make of them. What's the general verdict on them? Any tips on using them? I managed a decent bun with two crossing over each other. It's still holding strong several hours later.

Lady Neeva
July 9th, 2012, 09:31 PM
They can hold, really, in any angle you insert them in.

embee
July 9th, 2012, 09:32 PM
The instructions on my package said *not* to cross them. There's a thread somewhere on LHC about that too. It wasn't pretty.

Be very careful removing them.

Inozz
July 9th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Uh oh. I'll be extra careful then. My package didn't have any instructions.

misspriss
July 9th, 2012, 09:41 PM
I always have crossed mine, I didn't know you weren't supposed to. I had a pair of old "hair scroos" and you were supposed to cross them, they were much thicker though.

dulce
July 10th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I cross mine for better hold and have had no problems with removal.

gthlvrmx
July 10th, 2012, 11:17 AM
my hair is too thin to NOT allow to intersect in a bun. that or i can just use 1 screw. ill try 1 screw from now on XD

lunalocks
July 10th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I love my spin pins. These are what hold my hair up every day and every night, in every kind of bun imaginable. Sometimes 2 do the trick, most times 3 to 4 and occasionally, more, such as when I do a half bun, then a braid surrounding it.

I try to not cross them so as not to scratch them.

earthnut
July 10th, 2012, 09:45 PM
I love mine! I usually find just one to hold a bun very well.

jacqueline101
July 10th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I have a set of spin pins and love them I've never crossed mine.

CurlyCap
July 10th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I....uh....kinda went bonkers over them here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=96704).

Kaelee
July 10th, 2012, 10:23 PM
I was thinking of trying these, would they be OK to sleep in? I usually sleep in a ponytail, and I'd love to find a more hair-friendly style.

Inozz
July 12th, 2012, 02:04 AM
I'm loving them so far. I had pigtail buns today and one held each side very well. I think I need to pick up more.

earthnut
July 12th, 2012, 02:07 AM
I was thinking of trying these, would they be OK to sleep in? I usually sleep in a ponytail, and I'd love to find a more hair-friendly style.

I've slept in them and had no damage. I think they're less damaging than elastics or bobby pins.

However, they are bulkier and I could feel them. (I don't like sleeping with a ponytail for the same reason)

misspriss
July 12th, 2012, 05:32 PM

I have slept in in them with a bun on top of my head, I can't stand things that I actually lay on while I sleep. They seemed fine. I don't do it a lot though.

Vanille_
July 12th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Omg. I found them a couple days ago. I'm in heaven. Bobby pins and hair sticks don't hold my fine silk hair for crap. I put these in and BAM! All day hold!

dwell_in_safety
July 12th, 2012, 05:38 PM

I always use them to sleep in, though as someone else mentioned I only put my hair in a bun atop my head, not anywhere that I could feel them.