PDA

View Full Version : It's not thick, but now it's SHINY!

AspenSong
July 9th, 2012, 06:33 PM
I did a cassia and henna treatment today - about 80% cassia, 20% henna (the Dark brown Rainbow henna).
Wanted to oomph up my shine and color just a tiny bit, not enough to notice hugely or really change it....just to liven up what I've got.

Here's before. Hair is pretty shiny in general. Forgive the sad brush job, I can't get it to lay all nice when I brush it and toss it over my shoulder well. =/

http://i47.tinypic.com/2wdos9f.jpg

Then after, 3 1/2 hours later.
http://i49.tinypic.com/m7byiv.jpg

Held my hair up in different lights outside, it's not as red red looking as that one photo to me! More reddish highlights than usual, but I think it'll be good. Just happy about how shiny it turned out in the first shot. Having hubby comb my hair down really makes for better photos where I look like I've got more hair. haha.
I also trimmed about 1/2" off the ends while I was at it, haven't done that in about 6 months, so I figured a dusting off the stragglers might help with the tippy ends getting tangled on me lately.

lmfbs
July 9th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Beautiful!

jillosity
July 9th, 2012, 06:37 PM
really nice!

Ebrox
July 9th, 2012, 06:38 PM
your hair is lovely! and yes very shiny, also the color is awesome :)

Toiréasa
July 9th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Wow it looks beautiful,the color is very nice and look at that shine!

shutterpillar
July 9th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Wow! It was beautiful before, but now it is so much shinier! gorgeous. :)

Sisgoldenhair65
July 9th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Your hair looks beautiful....amazing results!!

swearnsue
July 9th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Beautiful shine and thicker too I think!

DragonLady
July 9th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Wow!

Yours is the first post that has tempted me to consider henna!

Your hair is gorgeous.

AspenSong
July 9th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Beautiful shine and thicker too I think!

Thanks - I surely wish it was, but I measured and alas it's not. lol. That's just the difference of wearing a dark shirt and having hubby home to comb it down all nice and evenly for me. I'm still sittin' here just under 2". :p

christine1989
July 9th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Wow! The difference is very noticeable. Henna has never made my hair shiny- yours really responded well to it though!

AspenSong
July 9th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Wow!

Yours is the first post that has tempted me to consider henna!

Your hair is gorgeous.

Well thank you! I don't use a lot of the henna mix, admittedly it's got more red highlights this time than it has before! I just usually add the henna I do for extra conditioning and if I get a bit of red highlight, great. :) I'm trying to maintain my color as best I can, but just make it the best condition I can.

meishkamooshka
July 9th, 2012, 08:42 PM
It's so shiny! I love it. Congrats on your livelier hair ;)

jojo
July 9th, 2012, 08:43 PM
I love it so much, not much colour change. But wow mirror shine.

HintOfMint
July 9th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Whoa, that's some amazing shine, you weren't kidding!

pepperminttea
July 9th, 2012, 08:57 PM
The health of your hair is just dazzling. :thud:

GlennaGirl
July 9th, 2012, 09:47 PM
What pretty hair you have, AspenSong.

Silverbrumby
July 9th, 2012, 09:49 PM
I did a cassia and henna treatment today - about 80% cassia, 20% henna (the Dark brown Rainbow henna).
Wanted to oomph up my shine and color just a tiny bit, not enough to notice hugely or really change it....just to liven up what I've got.

Here's before. Hair is pretty shiny in general. Forgive the sad brush job, I can't get it to lay all nice when I brush it and toss it over my shoulder well. =/

http://i47.tinypic.com/2wdos9f.jpg

Then after, 3 1/2 hours later.
http://i49.tinypic.com/m7byiv.jpg

Held my hair up in different lights outside, it's not as red red looking as that one photo to me! More reddish highlights than usual, but I think it'll be good. Just happy about how shiny it turned out in the first shot. Having hubby comb my hair down really makes for better photos where I look like I've got more hair. haha.
I also trimmed about 1/2" off the ends while I was at it, haven't done that in about 6 months, so I figured a dusting off the stragglers might help with the tippy ends getting tangled on me lately.

Man, makes me want to Cassia my hair again. I miss the shine.

ClassicalBlonde
July 9th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Wow, your hair is beautiful! :)

Zesty
July 9th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Wow shiny! Looks fantastic. :D

Kyla
July 9th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Very shiny and healthy looking! You're hair is so beautiful!

AspenSong
July 10th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Thanks everyone! I wish people in real life were as nice as all of you....lol, I'd probably feel much better about my hair. ;) I do think the small trim off my ends helped, I got up this morning, took my hair out of my sleep cap and tangle teezed right through it. I don't usually have many knots unless I leave my hair down, but the ends were starting to knot up a bit.

Vanilla
July 10th, 2012, 10:42 AM
It looks amazing!

bunzfan
July 10th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Wow its shiny were my shades :cool:and it looks thicker to me.

Neecola
July 10th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Beautiful!

Amber_Maiden
July 10th, 2012, 10:54 AM
wow! lovely!!

guns1969
July 10th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Amazing shine!! .. wish I could get my hair to look like that!

maborosi
July 10th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Woah! Gorgeous shine! o_o

I'm going to start doing weekly cassia treatments to fufil my desire to put henna mud on my head all the time (without actually using henna so my color doesn't get too dark, lol!)

~maborosi~

prettykitty
July 10th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Wow Aspen, I think I need to get some cassia now!

Kayla Nyx
July 10th, 2012, 03:41 PM
wow, very shiny! it looks awesome

Dandelion6
July 10th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Love the shine and color. Beautiful hair!

Lisa R
July 10th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Just gorgeous!! Love your hair. It really doesn't look like an i. You look like you've got more hair than me and I'm just sitting on 2".

Mayflower
July 11th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Lovely hair!