PDA

View Full Version : I am so proud of her!

CurlyCurves
July 9th, 2012, 01:26 PM
The other day, my friend asked me about going natural. I gave her lots of tips and wished her luck. I didn't hear back from her R.E going natural after that conversation, so imagine my surprise and happiness when I went on her FB and saw this!;

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8024/7535145090_2328ab465c.jpg

(I got her permission before posting this, obviously).

I am SO proud of her! It looks BEAUTIFUL. I told her about the LHC, so hopefully she comes along :)

meishkamooshka
July 9th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Aww! Way to go spreading the word! She has BEAUTIFUL HAIR, and you can tell her I said so! ;)

Changling
July 9th, 2012, 01:43 PM
omg, that is so awesome! I really support natural hair (as in, not torturing your hair into being a way it doesn't want to be) in everyone, but I know girls with kinky textures especially are under a lot of pressure to relax and straighten their hair, and it makes me sad. I love that it's becoming more and more acceptable (fashionable, even!) to wear one's hair naturally :) Even so, it takes a lot of guts to suddenly change your look, because you just KNOW you are going to get a ton of comments on it...whether you want them or not. So kudos to her :) And I agree, it's just gorgeous.

CurlyCurves
July 9th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Aww! Way to go spreading the word! She has BEAUTIFUL HAIR, and you can tell her I said so! ;)

I know, right? :D I am just so proud of her, I have to tell everyone! I will certainly pass on the message ;)

omg, that is so awesome! I really support natural hair (as in, not torturing your hair into being a way it doesn't want to be) in everyone, but I know girls with kinky textures especially are under a lot of pressure to relax and straighten their hair, and it makes me sad. I love that it's becoming more and more acceptable (fashionable, even!) to wear one's hair naturally :) Even so, it takes a lot of guts to suddenly change your look, because you just KNOW you are going to get a ton of comments on it...whether you want them or not. So kudos to her :) And I agree, it's just gorgeous.

Exactly! I just hope she can stay strong and fight through any negativity. I will certainly be encouraging and supporting her, anyway.

Dragon Faery
July 10th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Awesome! Good for her!!! :)

She has amazing hair. :)

Amber_Maiden
July 10th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Good for her! I like her hair!

leslissocool
July 10th, 2012, 07:47 PM
:cheese: she has gorgeous hair! Way to go!

Yozhik
July 10th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Beautiful! Awesome for her -- it looks great! :)

Elanadi
July 10th, 2012, 08:32 PM

I agree so wholeheartedly, and not just with hair. :) Her hair is beautiful natural!

RitaPG
July 10th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Sweet! I love the look of natural, voluminous hair. Congrats! ::D
Hopefully she'll join, there's a whole bunch of supportive people here ^^

CurlyCurves
September 12th, 2012, 01:47 AM
She put weave back in, unfortunately, but I hope she goes natural again! Her hair is stunning.