PDA

View Full Version : Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Ariel love
May 2nd, 2018, 09:08 PM
Finally something I can relate to now. I just cut my hair about a month ago from mid back to a little above my shoulder. I had to cut it because it was damaged from permanent straightening and I can now happily say that i have cut all of my straightened part, yippee. my goal is mid back.

Lady Stardust
May 3rd, 2018, 02:03 AM
Finally something I can relate to now. I just cut my hair about a month ago from mid back to a little above my shoulder. I had to cut it because it was damaged from permanent straightening and I can now happily say that i have cut all of my straightened part, yippee. my goal is mid back.

Welcome! It’s such a nice feeling to fit rid of damaged ends isn’t it. Enjoy growing your healthy hair.

Lady Stardust
May 3rd, 2018, 09:15 AM
I’m really happy with my hair today, it’s just coming out of the awkward stage now! It doesn’t look too daft when it bounces up off my shoulders, it just looks healthy, relaxed and unfussy, which is exactly how I like it. It’s measuring about 17”, it’ll look more definitely “shoulder length” in another inch or maybe less, and it will be easier to put it up with another inch, but overall I’m very pleased with it.

I’ve thought all along that I should work out the shortest length that I would be happy with if I cut back in the future, so if I do go for a big chop I don’t go too short. I think this is the length.

Stray_mind
May 3rd, 2018, 12:51 PM
Came to cheer you guys up :)

:cheer:

I hope to see you in the shoulder to APL thread soon.

Lady Stardust
May 3rd, 2018, 01:22 PM
Came to cheer you guys up :)

:cheer:

I hope to see you in the shoulder to APL thread soon.

Hey nice to see you again! Hope you’re having fun with your new lengths :-)

JEMTheNerd
May 3rd, 2018, 05:23 PM
Hey, welcome to the thread, itís great to have you with us!

Being able to tuck your hair behind your ears is just amazing isnít it. I think the benefit of having very short hair previously is that weíre not self conscious about keeping our hair off our faces.

Itís good to have a musician around, I saw in your profile that you play piano. Me too, it was so important to me when I was at school. A great way to get rid of frustration and to provide a distraction.

Yes it is! I'm also not exactly very good at the piano. I will be learning more next school year! Sorry for such a late reply!!!

Lady Stardust
May 4th, 2018, 02:34 AM
Yes it is! I'm also not exactly very good at the piano. I will be learning more next school year! Sorry for such a late reply!!!

Haha that’s ok :-) You don’t have to be very good, you just have to enjoy it :-). There are so many great things to play that aren’t very difficult at all.

Stray_mind
May 4th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Hey nice to see you again! Hope you’re having fun with your new lengths :-)

Well, i can't do too much for now, because i work a lot and just am too lazy to come up with new hair styles early in the morning, so i just put it up with a claw clip, but it Feels long now, even though it Is at shoulder length still.
Maybe it's because i had a very short hair style for a year or so....

Ekkwhine
May 6th, 2018, 05:38 PM
Iíve just taken the plunge and cut back to about an inch above my shoulders. I found this forum a few months and really babied my dry, over processed heat damaged hair so felt that I had done everything in my power to salvage what I could. I actually ended up much longer than the hairdresser predicted a few months back when she wanted to almost pixie me so Iím happy with that and Iím loving how fresh my ends feel. Any tips beyond no heat, no dragging a brush through and plenty of moisture to try and keep the ends as nice as possible? Currently sat with coconut oil and my head covered in plastic wrap before I shower.

MissMuse
May 6th, 2018, 06:38 PM
Sounds like a few of us getting closer to shoulder length, I'm staying here u til a few of us move into the next threads that I know some friendly faces :) It's a bit daunting starting another milestone knowing you're so far off the next milestone

eaglelove
May 6th, 2018, 09:37 PM
Hi ladies!! I'm new to THLC as of today, I'm so excited! I'm getting my hair cut from a few inches below my chin, to chin length sometime this week, a sort of 'big chop' (hardly) to kick off my journey to waist length~! Also, today I did my very first successful French braid!!!

Glitch
May 7th, 2018, 01:38 AM
Hi ladies!! I'm new to THLC as of today, I'm so excited! I'm getting my hair cut from a few inches below my chin, to chin length sometime this week, a sort of 'big chop' (hardly) to kick off my journey to waist length~! Also, today I did my very first successful French braid!!!

Welcome and congratulations!! I'm almost through with my main goal and still can't French braid lol. Best of luck and enjoy the ride :heartbeat

BrightEyes
May 7th, 2018, 01:40 PM
Hi everyone :) I haven't spent a lot of time on the LHC lately, except the swap board (trying to thin out my embarrassingly huge collection). I cut my hair into an A-line bob awhile ago. I enjoyed it, but am wanting to start growing again. Right now my hair is between chin and shoulder length. I'm trying to not use heat on it, so I wear a lot of half ups and pony tails. But I feel like it's been growing quite fast lately, so yay!! I can't wait until I have more styling options, as I tend to get bored with what I have available to me right now. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and grow, grow, grow!! :cheer:

Lady Stardust
May 7th, 2018, 02:16 PM
Iíve just taken the plunge and cut back to about an inch above my shoulders. I found this forum a few months and really babied my dry, over processed heat damaged hair so felt that I had done everything in my power to salvage what I could. I actually ended up much longer than the hairdresser predicted a few months back when she wanted to almost pixie me so Iím happy with that and Iím loving how fresh my ends feel. Any tips beyond no heat, no dragging a brush through and plenty of moisture to try and keep the ends as nice as possible? Currently sat with coconut oil and my head covered in plastic wrap before I shower.

It sounds like youíre doing amazingly well, keep doing what youíre doing! Enjoy those fresh ends! The only other thing I can think of is to protect you hair from the einvironment, so keep it out of strong wind, cold and sun. For adding moisture, Iíve found a heat cap helpful, it seems to make deep conditioning treatments work even better. I sometimes use the LOC/LCO method but itís on the heavy side for my hair at this length.

Sounds like a few of us getting closer to shoulder length, I'm staying here u til a few of us move into the next threads that I know some friendly faces :) It's a bit daunting starting another milestone knowing you're so far off the next milestone

I know just how you feel, Iím itching to call shoulder but at the same time I donít want to jump to the next thread too soon. Iíll be there for about a year as it is. Iím sure theyíre a friendly bunch though :-) Iím having half an inch trimmed in a couple of weeks, so give that a month to grow back and see how I feel then!

Congratulations on your French braid! This is a great length for trying out hairdos without having to wrestle with too much hair.

Hi everyone :) I haven't spent a lot of time on the LHC lately, except the swap board (trying to thin out my embarrassingly huge collection). I cut my hair into an A-line bob awhile ago. I enjoyed it, but am wanting to start growing again. Right now my hair is between chin and shoulder length. I'm trying to not use heat on it, so I wear a lot of half ups and pony tails. But I feel like it's been growing quite fast lately, so yay!! I can't wait until I have more styling options, as I tend to get bored with what I have available to me right now. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and grow, grow, grow!! :cheer:

Hello! Half ups are great arenít they. Theyíre good for practising styles that require more length. Iíve got my hair in a French plait half up today with the end of the plait tucked underneath, itís holding without any elastics or pins and is really comfortable.

Itís great to see so much activity on this thread :-)

Key
May 7th, 2018, 08:34 PM
My bangs are at a solid chin length, my sides are at neck length, and the back is brushing shoulder length. This length discrepancy may eventually bother me enough to level it lol.

Next month marks my pixie anniversary, so this year's hair growth was fantastic.

Lanalavallama
May 8th, 2018, 02:33 AM
My bangs are at a solid chin length, my sides are at neck length, and the back is brushing shoulder length. This length discrepancy may eventually bother me enough to level it lol.

Next month marks my pixie anniversary, so this year's hair growth was fantastic.

Pixie to shoulder is fantastic growth in one year!

Key
May 8th, 2018, 04:23 PM
I feel like I'm kind of cheating though, only my back lower hairs are brushing shoulder length. I actually already trimmed the back for this reason two months ago. I wanted it to be more level with my side hairs, but it's brushing shoulder again.

MissMuse
May 9th, 2018, 08:16 PM
I'm jealous of those who can braid, I just cant get my fingers to cooperate!
Welcome to the new faces too, nice to see more activity here :)
Key I think we've been growing about the same amount of time and similar lengths except my fringe is longer at the front.

Lizabeth94
May 9th, 2018, 09:40 PM
Finally hit neck length again, but now im having issues as usual with my hair waving and flipping outwards at the ends instead of hanging straight. Its so frustrating but nothing i can do except wait till it grows long enough to stop doing that. :oops:

shaluwm_agape
May 9th, 2018, 09:50 PM
Just popping in. I wasnt here when my hair was this short but boy i remember it all too well. I hope you ladies & gents are enjoying the journey & hanging in there.

Groovy Granny
May 9th, 2018, 09:57 PM
Stopping in to say hello and cheer you on :waving:

Bling it up....encourage the flips if that's what it does...and enjoy the journey :cheer:

BrightEyes
May 13th, 2018, 03:27 PM
Do any of you use ribbon hair ties? Right now my hair alternates between a half up held with a Flexi-8 and a pony tail. The days I wear pony tails I use ribbon hair ties because they seem more gentle than elastics. But I still worry about breakage as my hair is fine (fragile) and I usually wear pony tails every other day. It's still too short to wear in other styles. Do you think this is damaging?

shaluwm_agape
May 13th, 2018, 08:13 PM
Do any of you use ribbon hair ties? Right now my hair alternates between a half up held with a Flexi-8 and a pony tail. The days I wear pony tails I use ribbon hair ties because they seem more gentle than elastics. But I still worry about breakage as my hair is fine (fragile) and I usually wear pony tails every other day. It's still too short to wear in other styles. Do you think this is damaging?
Ribbon hair ties are great they are way better than elastics just make sure to switch up your parts and give your hair a break because anything overdone can be damaging

BrightEyes
May 13th, 2018, 09:49 PM
Ribbon hair ties are great they are way better than elastics just make sure to switch up your parts and give your hair a break because anything overdone can be damaging

I typically wear my hair in pony tails and half-ups to work. When I am home in the early evenings I take it down to give it a break. I've already noticed an improvement since I've started this routine (and stopped heat styling). I think I'll continue using the ribbon ties and hopefully my hair will be okay.

shaluwm_agape
May 13th, 2018, 10:15 PM
Bright Eyes check this out (https://youtu.be/E51NJ6ia2xI)

BrightEyes
May 14th, 2018, 07:02 AM
Bright Eyes check this out (https://youtu.be/E51NJ6ia2xI)

That's a really good tip. Thanks for sharing!

shaluwm_agape
May 14th, 2018, 09:24 AM
That's a really good tip. Thanks for sharing!

NP i love my ponytails and this tip has saved my life!

MissMuse
May 15th, 2018, 12:29 AM
Ohhh thank you for that video Shaluwm, game changer!! I've noticed some little fly away hairs ar the front which is suspect are broken hairs :( I already need to use 2 hair ties as my hair is so thick (despite being short) and this will solve my problem of broken hair due to the weight

shaluwm_agape
May 15th, 2018, 01:04 AM
Ohhh thank you for that video Shaluwm, game changer!! I've noticed some little fly away hairs ar the front which is suspect are broken hairs :( I already need to use 2 hair ties as my hair is so thick (despite being short) and this will solve my problem of broken hair due to the weight

Yay! so glad to have helped and it is really comfy

Hasse
May 15th, 2018, 01:21 AM
Hi! I'm new on TLHC and am currently just at the beginning of my hair journey. I have hovered around chin to shoulder for a good five years now, always cutting back when I didn't like the length of my hair anymore. That was mostly at neck length. In januari I decided to give growing out my hair a chance, since I had just discovered henna. Now I had a chance of growing my hair out while dyeing it and keeping it healthy! A few months later I grew bored of the henna shine in the sunlight (that reddish brown) and decided to grow my virgin hair out. Since then I dyed the outgrowth (and the hennaed part, after two rounds of colour oops) in a colour that softens the demarcation line a bit, so the growing out wouldn't be as awkward as it could've been. Now I'm at almost an inch virgin hair, one inch dyed virgin hair and henna on the rest. I trimmed quite a bit the past months, mostly because I wanted to even out my bangs and the rest. Now I'm trying to microtrim once a month or maybe at the start of every new season, I don't know what I will do yet.

http://prntscr.com/ji0hk7
This is my current length, my bangs have almost completely grown out. They're still 2 inches shorter than the rest. My goal for the end of 2018 is being solid at SL. Looks I will be able to make it! I don't know my growth rate, so I still have plenty of time to figure that out before it's really gonna matter.

Lady Stardust
May 15th, 2018, 03:37 PM
Hi! I'm new on TLHC and am currently just at the beginning of my hair journey. I have hovered around chin to shoulder for a good five years now, always cutting back when I didn't like the length of my hair anymore. That was mostly at neck length. In januari I decided to give growing out my hair a chance, since I had just discovered henna. Now I had a chance of growing my hair out while dyeing it and keeping it healthy! A few months later I grew bored of the henna shine in the sunlight (that reddish brown) and decided to grow my virgin hair out. Since then I dyed the outgrowth (and the hennaed part, after two rounds of colour oops) in a colour that softens the demarcation line a bit, so the growing out wouldn't be as awkward as it could've been. Now I'm at almost an inch virgin hair, one inch dyed virgin hair and henna on the rest. I trimmed quite a bit the past months, mostly because I wanted to even out my bangs and the rest. Now I'm trying to microtrim once a month or maybe at the start of every new season, I don't know what I will do yet.

This is my current length, my bangs have almost completely grown out. They're still 2 inches shorter than the rest. My goal for the end of 2018 is being solid at SL. Looks I will be able to make it! I don't know my growth rate, so I still have plenty of time to figure that out before it's really gonna matter.

Hello and welcome! Your hair is looking great and I think you’re right, you’ll be at solid shoulder easily by the end of the year.

Do you know what length you want to grow to or are you just seeing how you like it as it gets longer? Happy growing, whatever you decide!

Andthetalltrees
May 15th, 2018, 03:46 PM

Welcome, You just gave me nostalgia, I started here at LHC at that same neckish length hair! But it looks great and I'm sure you'll be shoulder by the end of the year!

Hasse
May 16th, 2018, 02:52 AM
Do you know what length you want to grow to or are you just seeing how you like it as it gets longer?
Well.. classic sounds really cool! That'd be exactly 100 cm's of hair :D But I never had my hair longer dan APLish in the past, so I don't know whether I'll be able to enjoy such long hair. I don't know yet how to care for that yet. But first... shoulder length!

Lady Stardust
May 16th, 2018, 03:18 AM
Well.. classic sounds really cool! That'd be exactly 100 cm's of hair :D But I never had my hair longer dan APLish in the past, so I don't know whether I'll be able to enjoy such long hair. I don't know yet how to care for that yet. But first... shoulder length!

Well that’s a nice round number! Smaller milestones are great. You’ll be at shoulder in no time.

I’m the same, I haven’t been longer than APLish in the past either. It’s amazing to think that I didn’t notice exactly what length it was back then considering how much I focus on the length now!

I first thought I would grow to somewhere around shoulder, the decided collarbone would be better because of the way it flips up. I’m about an inch away from collarbone with dry hair. I define that as shoulder on me because that’s the lowest part of my sloping shoulders!

I expect I’ll keep growing beyond collarbone, at least to APL to see how I like it, and will decide at each stage whether I want to go further.

Lady Stardust
May 27th, 2018, 02:49 PM
Me again. I had half an inch trimmed off last week and my ends look much happier. The haircut was interesting because I would hardly let my hairdresser touch me - I whacked my head in a fall and apparently have a trapped nerve or something similar, my scalp is incredibly painful. I can’t do anything with my hair at all, it hurts just being there. It means I have to stop thinking about ways to put it up, and just let it be.

I’ve discovered recently that my hair is quite wavy. I’m astounded, and I’m enjoying seeing how much texture I can bring out. The best way is to finger comb while conditioner is in, and then touch it as little as possible. This suits my current circumstances very well. The top layer of my hair is pretty straight so it looks a mess with the waves underneath. It’ll be good when I can get back to doing hairstyles because it’ll look much better in a half up or with the canopy encouraged to wave more.

I’m really excited now to see how my wave pattern develops as my hair gets longer. I last tried hairtyping when I was at chin length and the waves weren’t so apparent when my hair dried. I’m not so focused on length at the moment, the waves eat up a little bit of length but give me much more volume, on wash day at least.

My new focus is on seeing what my hair type is really like when it has enough length to show. It’s more fun than waiting for it to grow another inch.

MissMuse
May 27th, 2018, 07:17 PM
Hi all,
I went for a trim on the weekend and she has butchered my hair a bit :( it's a really uneven cut. When my hair is washed and dry it bounces up anyway so it's not that noticable but I'm still a bit sad. Anyway, needless to say I'll be here for a while yet.
Lady stardust my hair is quite wavy, I wish I could style it to sit nice but it just doesnt. I need to work out how to get it to sit well as it's impossible to straighten all the time. It mostly looks like a messy mop head when dry so I just tie it back haha

Lady Stardust
May 28th, 2018, 04:46 AM
Hi all,
I went for a trim on the weekend and she has butchered my hair a bit :( it's a really uneven cut. When my hair is washed and dry it bounces up anyway so it's not that noticable but I'm still a bit sad. Anyway, needless to say I'll be here for a while yet.
Lady stardust my hair is quite wavy, I wish I could style it to sit nice but it just doesnt. I need to work out how to get it to sit well as it's impossible to straighten all the time. It mostly looks like a messy mop head when dry so I just tie it back haha

Oh I’m sorry, that’s a pain! A wonky cut is annoying at the best of times but more so when you’re growing. I’ve had a couple in the past but no-one else noticed.

I’m still here for a while too, I reckon it will be sometime in July, but then I’ll have another trim in August so I’ll have to take that into account. There’s no rush, I’ll be in the next thread for over a year.

elsiedeluxe
June 2nd, 2018, 07:05 AM
My hair is past my chin but about an inch from my shoulders. I'm feeling frustrated with its growth rate right now; looks like I only gained 1/8" in the last month. However, my hair has changed shape in the last month, so growth is happening for sure, just not showing up in overall length somehow. Whatever. I'm trying not to focus on length, and hoping that if I have a slow month for growth, it will make up for it in some other month.

Here's my actual question: it's hot and humid here, and will be for the next three months or so. My hair is too short to put up. My go-to style for this weather as a longhair was two braids at the back, parted ear to ear and stacked on top of each other, but it will be at least two years before I have enough length for that style.
My hair is straight, very fine, and quite slippery. It's also relatively thick (I don't have a measurement because it's too short to get it all in a ponytail, but hairdressers have commented in the past that it's thicker than they expect for fine hair).

What can I do with this length to get my hair off my neck? Any ideas would be very welcome.

pili
June 2nd, 2018, 08:25 AM
elsiedeluxe, my hair is very different, but at that length I used to use a headband or a buff to hold back the front, and then I would make two small low ponytails (really, they were little stubs). I could also twist and pin or clip the front back with the same pony stubs. It gets the hair off your neck.

elsiedeluxe
June 2nd, 2018, 08:31 AM
Thanks pili! I'll give that a try today.

Lady Stardust
June 2nd, 2018, 09:17 AM
I second the suggestion for a Buff, you can get a summer weight version that has UV protection and Coolmax fabric which stops your head from getting sweaty. It folds up really tiny too. They’re not particularly cheap but they wash well and dry very quickly so you only need one.

My UV Buff was my saviour last summer when my hair was around chin length.

elsiedeluxe
June 2nd, 2018, 05:08 PM
This is excellent news! I can go shopping! Thanks to both of you.

wool
June 3rd, 2018, 04:41 PM
Hello everyone! I am recently back after a few years hiatus from the LHC and think I am ready to go for length again. After lightening a few years ago I was super unhappy with my hair and slowly cut it back from nearly waist to BSL to APL and finally made the "big" cut to above the shoulders and feel that the color/damage is pretty much gone from my hair. It was not necessarily my intention to grow long again and it may not stick but I don't think I will cut it short again at least for a while. I am not really close to shoulder length now and hope to be solid shoulder collar bone area by end of summer.

Just wanted to say HI :flower: and get into the community again!

Lady Stardust
June 3rd, 2018, 04:59 PM
Hello everyone! I am recently back after a few years hiatus from the LHC and think I am ready to go for length again. After lightening a few years ago I was super unhappy with my hair and slowly cut it back from nearly waist to BSL to APL and finally made the "big" cut to above the shoulders and feel that the color/damage is pretty much gone from my hair. It was not necessarily my intention to grow long again and it may not stick but I don't think I will cut it short again at least for a while. I am not really close to shoulder length now and hope to be solid shoulder collar bone area by end of summer.

Just wanted to say HI :flower: and get into the community again!

Hello! Good to hear that you’ve got your hair back to a happier colour and condition. It’s a great feeling when you chop out the last of it!

olivetime
June 4th, 2018, 07:40 AM
Hi Everyone! I am new to this thread and so excited, as my end goal is shoulder :o

About my hair...I grew it out from shaved a few years ago and last summer I went from collarbone length to a short pixie. In the past I truly loved having short hair and was surprised at how it was just wasn't my thing anymore. I am growing out my hair via ignoring it and just doing a monthly-ish check in. I wash my hair once every 7-14 days with plant based shampoo, finger comb and use sweet almond oil on damp hair. I do have a satin pillow case which I love. While I am ignoring my hair, I suppose it's being well taken care of because it is always so soft and shiny.

I do have pictures of my grow out in an album.

Happy to be here!

PS. While I have grown out my hair and been super obsessed with it, that isn't my experience this time around which I am so grateful for! Peaceful hair growing is my new thing :blossom:

Lady Stardust
June 4th, 2018, 08:32 AM
Hi Everyone! I am new to this thread and so excited, as my end goal is shoulder :o

About my hair...I grew it out from shaved a few years ago and last summer I went from collarbone length to a short pixie. In the past I truly loved having short hair and was surprised at how it was just wasn't my thing anymore. I am growing out my hair via ignoring it and just doing a monthly-ish check in. I wash my hair once every 7-14 days with plant based shampoo, finger comb and use sweet almond oil on damp hair. I do have a satin pillow case which I love. While I am ignoring my hair, I suppose it's being well taken care of because it is always so soft and shiny.

I do have pictures of my grow out in an album.

Happy to be here!

PS. While I have grown out my hair and been super obsessed with it, that isn't my experience this time around which I am so grateful for! Peaceful hair growing is my new thing :blossom:

Welcome to the thread! Peaceful hair growing sounds ideal :-) I had a look at your albums, you have lovely hair!

MissMuse
June 4th, 2018, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone and welcome to the new faces :)
Elisedelux I live in a very humid place and summer was rough, I just survived with Bobby pins a million of them. It's now at the stage that I can stick most of it up in a bun with one or two Bobby pins. So painful for sure.
I'm not even monitoring for growth this month after my last hackjob haircut. I'm in the market for a new hairdresser though!!

Lady Stardust
June 19th, 2018, 04:05 AM
Hello, how is everyone getting on?

My hair looks like it isnít growing, because Iím encouraging the wave and the more I do that the shorter it gets :) Iím about half an inch from collarbone. Iíve decided to let my greys grow in so that I donít end up with massively silver roots one day, and to be honest it just feels like the right time because I canít henna my hair at the moment after my head injury. You have to make the most of the situation youíre in donít you.

Iím getting quite bored with not being able to do any hairstyles but itís still too painful. It is interesting to see how my natural colour looks as the roots grow in, but itís at the stage where my hair just looks like it needs washing because the roots are a different colour! I thought all my greys were coarse and curly, but Iím seeing a few fine straighter greys too. The good thing about focusing on my roots rather than the lengths is that it isnít affected by trims, the natural colour just keeps coming!

MissMuse
June 19th, 2018, 05:35 AM
Sorry to hear you had a head injury Lady Stardust was that recent? I hear you with the grey hairs 😁 I have lots now. I'm 36 this week so just embracing it!
I'm finding now my hair is long enough to mostly put up in a bun (with Bobby pins) I'm not obsessing as much, still wish It would grow faster though!!

Lady Stardust
June 19th, 2018, 06:18 AM
Sorry to hear you had a head injury Lady Stardust was that recent? I hear you with the grey hairs 😁 I have lots now. I'm 36 this week so just embracing it!
I'm finding now my hair is long enough to mostly put up in a bun (with Bobby pins) I'm not obsessing as much, still wish It would grow faster though!!

Thank you - the head injury was 5 weeks ago. It feels a bit better where the main lump was but itís given me nerve pain on the right side of my scalp, which is still very painful. I donít know how long itíll be until itís better. I fainted so I donít know exactly how I hit it.

Happy birthday for later this week! Iím 45 so I donít think I could get away with the greys for much longer. Itís nice to see a bit of sparkle here and there :-)

It must be nice to get your hair up in a bun! I was doing peacock twists, French plaits and half ups before I hit my head. Still, plenty of time for variety later!

Hasse
June 20th, 2018, 10:08 AM
I'm so happy! I just showered and reeeally took the time to stretch out my hair (especially with those flippy ends) and I discovered that it's only a centimeter until full SL! :D I'm calling it when my longest layers hit it, though.

*anxiously waits for another 30 days to pass*

Hasse
June 20th, 2018, 10:53 AM
Actually, I measured wrong (yep.. I tried it again, could not wait) and I am solid SL already! :D Byeee, see you in the next thread!

Lady Stardust
June 20th, 2018, 11:26 AM
Congratulations Hasse :)

Lanalavallama
June 20th, 2018, 12:19 PM
Actually, I measured wrong (yep.. I tried it again, could not wait) and I am solid SL already! :D Byeee, see you in the next thread!

Congratulations!

wool
June 20th, 2018, 04:39 PM
I am wondering what do people consider to be shoulder length? Just touching the tops of the shoulders or more like collar bone length?

Lady Stardust
June 20th, 2018, 04:58 PM
I am wondering what do people consider to be shoulder length? Just touching the tops of the shoulders or more like collar bone length?

I think most people would say just touching shoulders. I’m personally going to call it at collarbone length though, because I have a long neck and sloping shoulders and it just looks more shoulder length to me at collarbone - from the front anyway. I look solidly shoulder length from the back and the sides :)

I do sometimes wonder whether I should graduate into the next thread, but I’m gonna be there a long time so there’s no rush :)

Just go with whatever feels right to you!

wool
June 20th, 2018, 08:19 PM
I think most people would say just touching shoulders. I’m personally going to call it at collarbone length though, because I have a long neck and sloping shoulders and it just looks more shoulder length to me at collarbone - from the front anyway. I look solidly shoulder length from the back and the sides :)

I do sometimes wonder whether I should graduate into the next thread, but I’m gonna be there a long time so there’s no rush :)

Just go with whatever feels right to you!

Ah okay, makes sense. It is so different on so many people, I am similar to you with a longer neck. It is to tedious since I just made the decision to grow my short hair out. I look at old pictures of my long hair wondering why I ever cut it in the first place! I hope once I get past the shoulders my impatience settles some!

Lady Stardust
June 21st, 2018, 04:19 AM
Ah okay, makes sense. It is so different on so many people, I am similar to you with a longer neck. It is to tedious since I just made the decision to grow my short hair out. I look at old pictures of my long hair wondering why I ever cut it in the first place! I hope once I get past the shoulders my impatience settles some!

It is frustrating isnít it, I know someone with a short neck and her hair is chin length and shoulder length at the same time! I think chin to shoulder is the most frustrating phase for me because it looks like itís neither here nor there. The important thing is to remember how annoying this stage is and how long it takes your hair to inch down a long neck, and take heed not to do it again :)

On the plus side, Iím past the awkward stage now. My hair was flipping out in daft directions before and just looked wrong. It behaves now, partly because itís longer, and partly because I realised it was trying to wave and wasnít just badly behaved.

I agree that itís got to be less frustrating past shoulder. Thatís why Iím holding out for collarbone, itís the start of the length that I think is good for me. I want to lose the impatience when I graduate to the next thread!

Peppergirl
June 22nd, 2018, 05:46 PM
I think I belong here too. Growing out from a pixie, but at a chin layered length now. Just happy my ears are covered now, and waiting on these bangs to get long enough to tuck behind ears. Almost to that point! Today I made mini braids of my bangs to keep them out of my eyes, but at lunch I removed them feeling uncomfortable about it. I haven't had longer hair since 2006.

Lanalavallama
June 23rd, 2018, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the recent joiners!

This stage can be an absolute pain, but it will pass :blossom:
Just hang in there, ignore the scissors, and vent here as much as you need to.

Happy growing.

Peppergirl
June 24th, 2018, 07:13 AM
Embracing wash day, air drying, and hoping to see waves or curls someday. That would make me SO happy!!

Lady Stardust
June 24th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Embracing wash day, air drying, and hoping to see waves or curls someday. That would make me SO happy!!

You look like you have a strong wave already so it will be fun to see what happens as it grows :) It certainly makes it easier to enjoy the journey when you’re looking forward to seeing how your hair changes.

Peppergirl
June 24th, 2018, 03:42 PM
I think there is a chance of future curl. I think before when it was long I just didn't know how to take care of it. When my daughter was little I didn't know that she was actually curly. I am seeking out curls now, bring them on!

Lizabeth94
June 24th, 2018, 11:33 PM
Almost at shoulder length, the ends just barely dust my shoulders! Yay!

olivetime
June 25th, 2018, 04:13 AM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32450&d=1529921055

Hi Everyone! My monthly check in. Benign neglect is still working wonders for me. During the day the last few weeks I tend to wear my hair in a half up style or under a bandana. At some point I plan on getting a trim to even things out a bit but for now it seems I have enough wave that I can pull off messy and uneven! Even though my hair is messy it's soooooo soft.

guska
June 25th, 2018, 06:37 AM
I've reached the awkward stage: my hair is neither short nor long and it's just uncomfortably brushing against my shoulders :rolleyes:

Lizabeth94
June 25th, 2018, 07:10 AM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32450&d=1529921055

Hi Everyone! My monthly check in. Benign neglect is still working wonders for me. During the day the last few weeks I tend to wear my hair in a half up style or under a bandana. At some point I plan on getting a trim to even things out a bit but for now it seems I have enough wave that I can pull off messy and uneven! Even though my hair is messy it's soooooo soft.

Looks wonderfuk, almost there!

Lizabeth94
June 25th, 2018, 07:11 AM
I've reached the awkward stage: my hair is neither short nor long and it's just uncomfortably brushing against my shoulders :rolleyes:

Is it possible to pull your bangs back into a half back style? That usually helps me!

Peppergirl
June 25th, 2018, 09:53 AM
Hang in there, even pulling the bangs back just for an hour or two can be reviving!

RubberDucky
June 26th, 2018, 01:23 AM
I think I can finally move to this thread from the super shorties one. My hair at the sides is inching closer to chin and hair at the back is getting close to shoulder length. I still have a lot of choppy layers all over from thinning shears but at least for right now I'm keeping them - at this length my hair looks really awful in a blunt cut.

It's definitely wavy but hard to see just how wavy. Right now I'm guessing somewhere around 1c/2a. We'll see...

Peppergirl
June 27th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Moved my part over to a deeper side-part. Seems to help with the awkward look. At least I'm making it look intentional, lol.

RubberDucky
June 27th, 2018, 11:34 AM
The hair at the back was starting to look a mullety again, so I got that part trimmed and shaped - looks a lot better now. Hopefully it'll be months before I need another trim.

Moved my part over to a deeper side-part. Seems to help with the awkward look. At least I'm making it look intentional, lol.

Heh - I'm trying to keep my hair as shaggy as possible to cover the awkwardness. It's working. Kind of.

EliseMarie
June 28th, 2018, 05:48 AM
I am calling shoulder length.
https://i.imgur.com/RmcD9G1.png

Headed over to the shoulder to APL thread.

Good luck and happy growing everyone!

Lady Stardust
June 30th, 2018, 02:22 PM
I am calling shoulder length.
https://i.imgur.com/RmcD9G1.png

Headed over to the shoulder to APL thread.

Good luck and happy growing everyone!

Congratulations! Your hair is looking wonderful.

kamileona
June 30th, 2018, 03:27 PM
Yay! I finally found the thread for me! After lurking in the no dye/bleach thread for about a year, I FINALLY cut the last of my bleached hair off about a month ago! Im all natural for the first time since I was about 14, and Im 20 now so it feels really good!! Had to cut my hair back to about chin length so Im really happy I could migrate from that thread and right over to this one!

Lady Stardust
June 30th, 2018, 03:50 PM
Yay! I finally found the thread for me! After lurking in the no dye/bleach thread for about a year, I FINALLY cut the last of my bleached hair off about a month ago! Im all natural for the first time since I was about 14, and Im 20 now so it feels really good!! Had to cut my hair back to about chin length so Im really happy I could migrate from that thread and right over to this one!

Congratulations on being all natural, must be a great feeling!

rika_jane
July 2nd, 2018, 09:07 PM
Hi, my hair is not quiiiite at chin yet (about an inch away), but this is the closest thread I can find to being suitable for my length. Am I welcome here, or is there another more suitable thread?

Lady Stardust
July 3rd, 2018, 12:58 AM
Hi, my hair is not quiiiite at chin yet (about an inch away), but this is the closest thread I can find to being suitable for my length. Am I welcome here, or is there another more suitable thread?

Hi! Thereís also the Super Shorties thread, which is anything up to chin length - lots of pixie and buzz cuts being grown out.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18405

Have a look and see what you think - you might find that you have more in common with whatís happening in this thread, or you might like to stay in Super Shorties so that you can ďgraduateĒ - itís a good feeling to know that youíve grown into the next thread!

You might even like to flit between the two. Youíre certainly welcome wherever you want to be :)

rika_jane
July 3rd, 2018, 05:56 AM
Hi! There’s also the Super Shorties thread, which is anything up to chin length - lots of pixie and buzz cuts being grown out.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18405

Have a look and see what you think - you might find that you have more in common with what’s happening in this thread, or you might like to stay in Super Shorties so that you can “graduate” - it’s a good feeling to know that you’ve grown into the next thread!

You might even like to flit between the two. You’re certainly welcome wherever you want to be :)

Thank you! I'm thinking I'll probably stick around here - this thread seems to have a bit more traffic, and my hair is really close now :)

Lady Stardust
July 3rd, 2018, 07:41 AM
Thank you! I'm thinking I'll probably stick around here - this thread seems to have a bit more traffic, and my hair is really close now :)

Well then, officially welcome to the thread :)

Wildhorserider
July 3rd, 2018, 12:46 PM
Iíve reached chin length. Iím officially joining this thread! 🙋🏼

Lady Stardust
July 3rd, 2018, 12:53 PM
I’ve reached chin length. I’m officially joining this thread! ����

Congratulations, and welcome! x

Wildhorserider
July 3rd, 2018, 12:56 PM
So, Iím new to short hair. Iíve had it for a month. Iíve been co- washing with a cone and protein free conditioner. Iíve been wondering lately if thereís something more I should be doing? Or is chin length too short to worrie about just yet?

In the past Iíve had terribly unhealthy, bleached, waist length hair. I never did anything for it and I am not going to make that same mistake again. I have also joined the growing out bleach thread. Iím just wondering what you all do to care for your short hair?

Lady Stardust
July 3rd, 2018, 02:52 PM
So, I’m new to short hair. I’ve had it for a month. I’ve been co- washing with a cone and protein free conditioner. I’ve been wondering lately if there’s something more I should be doing? Or is chin length too short to worrie about just yet?

In the past I’ve had terribly unhealthy, bleached, waist length hair. I never did anything for it and I am not going to make that same mistake again. I have also joined the growing out bleach thread. I’m just wondering what you all do to care for your short hair?

I started doing CWC (conditioner from ears down before shampooing, then shampoo and condition) when my hair was around chin length. Then at some point I started using deep conditioner once a week, I think my hair was around 16” by then. My hair tends to dry out from about ear length, so it really didn’t need much TLC straight away.

I don’t have any experience with bleached hair (only because it wouldn’t suit me!) but I have a feeling that protein is supposed to be good after bleach? I know some people don’t get along with protein though so I’m sure you’ll get more sense on the other thread :)

EssleyBlue
July 5th, 2018, 10:45 AM
Yay, I belong here! I'm starting out again after a layered chin-length bob.

What updos can you manage, if any? And how do you do them?

I have a dual problem in that 1) I can't stand having hair in my face and 2) I hate the feeling of hair being pulled on my scalp. So ponytails, clips, braids are hard for me to get used to. That's probably why I keep getting it chopped after reaching APL. Right now I'm experimenting with a wide headband made out of a T-shirt, and also hosiery styled elastics.

What is your final goal length?

Waist length, if I can make it.

How do you style hair that is not that short, yet still definitely not long?

The T-shirt headband is one way I'm wearing it. Also small half pig tails using the hosiery-type hairbands, and half ponytails.

So happy to have co-horts in this journey!
EB

----------
no styling products | no heat | oil & shampoo

faerielady
July 5th, 2018, 10:56 AM
Whoever suggested Milabu on YouTube for short hairstyles, thank you! My hair was/is driving me nuts and it's nice to do something different with it.

RubberDucky
July 6th, 2018, 04:27 AM
Since my pixie was always lightened with thinning shears my growing out layers seem to have some wonky dry ends. These might need a dusting...

ReadingRenee
July 10th, 2018, 09:31 PM
Hello everyone!

I recently went from Mid back length to APL, then to shoulder and then to chin. I didn't exactly mean to go as short as chin but I don't know that I want to get back to MBL. I was having bad headaches at that length for some reason. But, I definitely want to get to at least shoulder! So here is my thread.

I'm happy to be here. :) I don't have a current length picture, I will have to take one and post it soon.

Kome
July 12th, 2018, 11:07 AM
Welp.... here we are. I've had short hair for a year or so now WILLINGLY. Before it was just to cut off damage. I've been loving it. I still love it, but I am torn before having this short black hair and growing it out and cutting straight short bangs again for a more "goth" look. Whatcha think?

https://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk68/kome42/IMG_20180712_130400667_zpsv1csdhbs.jpg (http://s277.photobucket.com/user/kome42/media/IMG_20180712_130400667_zpsv1csdhbs.jpg.html)

ReadingRenee
July 13th, 2018, 01:20 PM
Yay, I belong here! I'm starting out again after a layered chin-length bob.

What updos can you manage, if any? And how do you do them?

. Right now I'm experimenting with a wide headband made out of a T-shirt, and also hosiery styled elastics.

What is your final goal length?

Waist length, if I can make it.

How do you style hair that is not that short, yet still definitely not long?

The T-shirt headband is one way I'm wearing it. Also small half pig tails using the hosiery-type hairbands, and half ponytails.

So happy to have co-horts in this journey!
EB

----------
no styling products | no heat | oil & shampoo

Hi! I am totally intrigued by the t shirt headband you mentioned. How did you make it?

Welp.... here we are. I've had short hair for a year or so now WILLINGLY. Before it was just to cut off damage. I've been loving it. I still love it, but I am torn before having this short black hair and growing it out and cutting straight short bangs again for a more "goth" look. Whatcha think?

https://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk68/kome42/IMG_20180712_130400667_zpsv1csdhbs.jpg (http://s277.photobucket.com/user/kome42/media/IMG_20180712_130400667_zpsv1csdhbs.jpg.html)

Welcome! I really like your look. I don't have good input on bangs. Have you had them successfully before? Every time I cut bangs I like them for about 2 weeks and then I get tired of them and grow them back out. EVERY TIME. But if you like bangs and have had them before maybe it could be fun. :)

ReadingRenee
July 13th, 2018, 03:18 PM
And here is my new length pic after cutting a lot of hair. I need to change my sig pic very soon. I have a ways to shoulder yet.

https://i.imgur.com/Bv7JJSk.jpg?2

Wildhorserider
July 13th, 2018, 06:55 PM

I love the Betty Page look!

Peppergirl
July 14th, 2018, 07:03 AM
I can tell mine is growing out nicely, but the slight wave seems to take up a bit of the length.

Wildhorserider
July 14th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Mine too. I have this weird duck tail in the back. The longer it gets the shorter it looks! When itís long, itíll be pretty!

RubberDucky
July 14th, 2018, 11:27 PM
Yep, the slight wave I have makes it feel like my hair hasn't grown at all in the past few months - instead of going down it just grows into a random direction.

kamileona
July 15th, 2018, 05:21 PM
oops sorry for the late reply!! thanks!! yeah it feels sooo good, my hair isnt all frizzy and horrible from bleach damage anymore haha, i feel like i finally tamed the beast.

olivetime
July 19th, 2018, 06:12 AM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32778&d=1532001374

This month's hair includes some crazy flips! I still haven't gone to get my hair trimmed blunt...I figure the longer I wait, the longer the blunt cut will be! If I stretch the longest bits out, they are 1-3 inches from collarbone. Hard to believe!! Shortest layers are curling around chin.

olivetime
July 19th, 2018, 06:13 AM
Double post, sorry!

ReadingRenee
July 19th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Looks like some good growth olivetime! I like all the different angles you use for length pictures.

Today is very hot and so I am wearing my hair in two pigtails with a headband bandanna to hold back my growing out bangs.

ReadingRenee
July 19th, 2018, 07:23 PM
This evening I did a teeny tiny cinnabun and held it in place with my big old spin pins, which you can see. I need to get some mini spin pins. Still, there is hope! My hair is really clean here, I think on dirtier hair it would look better. I also made a sock bun but didn't get good pictures of that. It just barely covered the sock.

https://i.imgur.com/edAFSRH.jpg?1

LittleHealthy
July 20th, 2018, 04:51 AM
This evening I did a teeny tiny cinnabun and held it in place with my big old spin pins, which you can see. I need to get some mini spin pins. Still, there is hope! My hair is really clean here, I think on dirtier hair it would look better. I also made a sock bun but didn't get good pictures of that. It just barely covered the sock.

https://i.imgur.com/edAFSRH.jpg?1

Lovely!! You’re so good at doing buns in such short hair! May I ask why you decided to get your hair cut? I quite like the length you’ve had it trimmed to, that’s a similar length to what I had mine cut to after I had my first baby (was waist length before that).

ReadingRenee
July 20th, 2018, 09:28 AM
Lovely!! You’re so good at doing buns in such short hair! May I ask why you decided to get your hair cut? I quite like the length you’ve had it trimmed to, that’s a similar length to what I had mine cut to after I had my first baby (was waist length before that).

Thank you! It helps to have ii hair. From what I understand it wouldn't be possible to do it on thicker hair.
I also cut to this length from waist after having my second baby. That was 9 years ago though.

The reason I cut to this length from MBL this time was because I was getting really bad tension headaches from having my hair up. I am still not sure why, that hadn't happened to me before. I didn't mean to cut quite this short, the perils of wavy hair. I was preferring collar bone length at least. But I should be there by Christmas hopefully so it shouldn't be too bad. I just want it long enough to be able to pull back if I need to.

SaraJaved
July 20th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Terribly my hair are up to shoulders but are very weak to handle . Breaks even when touches .Any help ? Thanx in advance .

NightRain9352
July 20th, 2018, 11:34 AM
Yes! Finally a thread for me. I shaved my hair around a year ago and then let it grow and maintained a pixie. Got my last haircut in january and have been growing since then. Curls make it look shorter than it is but when I pull out a curl it is at chin length. Hope to be at shoulder length stretched by the end of the year.

ReadingRenee
July 20th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Terribly my hair are up to shoulders but are very weak to handle . Breaks even when touches .Any help ? Thanx in advance .

I am not sure. Do you have chemical damage? what is going on with your hair?

Yes! Finally a thread for me. I shaved my hair around a year ago and then let it grow and maintained a pixie. Got my last haircut in january and have been growing since then. Curls make it look shorter than it is but when I pull out a curl it is at chin length. Hope to be at shoulder length stretched by the end of the year.

Hi and welcome! I have shaved my head at least twice in my life. Grow out was tough! Hopefully you are coming into the easier stretch of growing out now.

olivetime
July 20th, 2018, 03:00 PM
I've grown out from shaved 3 times and kept a short pixie since I was 13. The longest it's been in adulthood collarbone. Hitting chin after getting past the pixie stage is sooooooo welcome!!

LittleHealthy
July 20th, 2018, 03:35 PM
Loving seeing so many have had shaved heads in the past!! In primary school I used to have buzzed sides with a mohawk on the top hahaha.

NightRain9352
July 20th, 2018, 03:48 PM
Wow! Amazing that so many here have rocked fully or partially shaved head!

I did a lot of experimenting with bleach and hair colors some years back and the only way to get rid of all damage was to shave it so I just went for it, but I reaaaaally miss my long hair - even if it was extremely damaged. My boyfriends hair is about armpit length and I love to braid it but at the same time I hate him hahaha

olivetime
July 22nd, 2018, 03:57 AM
My boyfriends hair is about armpit length and I love to braid it but at the same time I hate him hahaha

My husband has beautiful mid back length hair. He does let me play with it and practice braids and updos on it. He usually wears it in a braid of some sort and tucks it under a hat during the day because he is a chef. At home he lets is down sometimes and I always think how lucky I am to have his hair in my life. LOL.

I made a hair appointment for Saturday to get a trim. I would like my hair a little more even now and hoping a good trim will be all I need until Spring. (Currently mid summer where I am).

Trying to decide if I should get my swoopy bangs cut back in or if I should wait til it's longer for that. Any thoughts on that?

olivetime
July 22nd, 2018, 07:57 AM
I put together a little inspiration collage for myself, lol!
The top row is kinda what I can do now and I may use as reference when I go for my trim on Saturday.
The bottom row is my goal for the next year.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32811&d=1532267236

I'm so happy LHC taught me how to bring out and enjoy my wavy hair. Before I chopped it all off last summer, I really had beautiful wavy collarbone length hair. I never got nice pictures of it though!!

Lady Stardust
July 22nd, 2018, 03:00 PM
My husband has beautiful mid back length hair. He does let me play with it and practice braids and updos on it. He usually wears it in a braid of some sort and tucks it under a hat during the day because he is a chef. At home he lets is down sometimes and I always think how lucky I am to have his hair in my life. LOL.

I made a hair appointment for Saturday to get a trim. I would like my hair a little more even now and hoping a good trim will be all I need until Spring. (Currently mid summer where I am).

Trying to decide if I should get my swoopy bangs cut back in or if I should wait til it's longer for that. Any thoughts on that?

A lot of people find they want to keep their hair off their face when it’s hot, even if it’s just brushing it out of the way, so it might not be the best time to have them cut in...although it might not be such an issue with the swoopy side swept variety :) Just go with what feels right for now. It might be nice to have something different to look forward to next time you trim. Having said that...I had my fringe cut shorter again in May, it just suits me better so I don’t mind the summer heat awkwardness.

——————

I’m finally ready to graduate this thread! My hair looks properly shoulder length to me now.

It’s great to see so much activity on here, happy growing everyone! It’s a tricky stage but a very satisfying mission to complete :)

ReadingRenee
July 22nd, 2018, 10:53 PM

I think that just depends on if you want bangs as you grow out. It looks like from your goal collage that you do. In that case I would probably go for it,as long as it doesn't make you cut the length later. I have done that so many times,it's like cutting bangs is the gateway to cutting my length .

A lot of people find they want to keep their hair off their face when itís hot, even if itís just brushing it out of the way, so it might not be the best time to have them cut in...although it might not be such an issue with the swoopy side swept variety :) Just go with what feels right for now. It might be nice to have something different to look forward to next time you trim. Having said that...I had my fringe cut shorter again in May, it just suits me better so I donít mind the summer heat awkwardness.

óóóóóó

Iím finally ready to graduate this thread! My hair looks properly shoulder length to me now.

Itís great to see so much activity on here, happy growing everyone! Itís a tricky stage but a very satisfying mission to complete :)
Woohoo! Congratulations Lady Stardust! I bet that feels good. I hope to see you soon in the shoulder to APL thread!

Peppergirl
July 23rd, 2018, 05:52 AM
Got to work this morning and my hair felt so awkward that I had to change it. Hope no one notices. This in between stage is so difficult, especially when growing out bangs too.

RubberDucky
July 23rd, 2018, 10:50 AM
One side of my head looks quite nice, the other? Not so much. My hair has a split personality :hifive:

ReadingRenee
July 24th, 2018, 01:46 PM
When I got out of the shower yesterday I noticed that my hair was a little past my shoulders... but that is only when wet. I am aiming for shoulder length and dry so I will be here a little while longer. In the meantime I am taking advantage of my hair being this short and working on my abysmal braiding skills in the hopes that by the time my hair is longer I will be much more awesome at braiding. :)

A LOT more work is needed... But this is my first attempt so I am excited to see future improvement. I could not even get close to this when I had MBL hair.

https://i.imgur.com/b20VHmj.jpg?1

Wildhorserider
July 24th, 2018, 08:34 PM
When I got out of the shower yesterday I noticed that my hair was a little past my shoulders... but that is only when wet. I am aiming for shoulder length and dry so I will be here a little while longer. In the meantime I am taking advantage of my hair being this short and working on my abysmal braiding skills in the hopes that by the time my hair is longer I will be much more awesome at braiding. :)

A LOT more work is needed... But this is my first attempt so I am excited to see future improvement. I could not even get close to this when I had MBL hair.

Looks great! Mine is still too short to braid the bottom hairs. I canít wait!

olivetime
July 25th, 2018, 04:56 AM
RR, your braids look great! I practice a lot of braids as well though I can't get into the ends yet.

I am getting nervous about my hair appointment for this Saturday. I kinda want to cancel but more than that I just want to get it over with. My hair could actually use a trim so I'm going into it knowing it will be my last trim for hopefully a long time.

RubberDucky
July 25th, 2018, 05:29 AM

Those look lovely! I can only do regular braids but my hair is too layered for them so I'll have to wait...

I am getting nervous about my hair appointment for this Saturday. I kinda want to cancel but more than that I just want to get it over with. My hair could actually use a trim so I'm going into it knowing it will be my last trim for hopefully a long time.

I wanted to grow without any trims too but in the nine months I've been growing I have had to trim the mullety bit twice - it just looked uneven and raggedy. The rest looks fine though, so hopefully I can finish this year without any more trims.

olivetime
July 25th, 2018, 07:57 AM
I wanted to grow without any trims too but in the nine months I've been growing I have had to trim the mullety bit twice - it just looked uneven and raggedy. The rest looks fine though, so hopefully I can finish this year without any more trims.

Yep I have trimmed up the back a few times and now it feels obvious the front has been ignored, lol! I spotted a few little white dots right at the ends. Better nip that in the bud!

ReadingRenee
July 26th, 2018, 02:49 PM
Looks great! Mine is still too short to braid the bottom hairs. I can’t wait!

Thanks! My bottom hairs will just barely fit. You can see they are falling out a little.

RR, your braids look great! I practice a lot of braids as well though I can't get into the ends yet.

Thank you! Braids have been my nemesis with longer hair so I really hope I can get better. Good luck at your trim! Hopefully you can get to a good point where you can just let your hair grow after that.

Those look lovely! I can only do regular braids but my hair is too layered for them so I'll have to wait...

Thank you! I know some people can grow out without trimming the mullet but I have only been able to do that once... when I had a baby and didn't care about how my hair looked. lol! It is tough to do, and if you enjoy your hair more with trimming the mullet, then why not?

So, I feel like I am at "Is this shoulder length?" I feel like I have about inch more to go though. Also I think I am going to wear the shirt in this picture for measuring until I hit APL. The bottom of the lattice straps on the back is APL. It will be fun to watch them be covered as my hair grows longer.

https://i.imgur.com/JXpIAM6.jpg

olivetime
July 28th, 2018, 10:26 AM
Hurray, I had a really positive hair trimming experience. I told the woman I wanted the least amount of hair removed because I am growing it out. She microtrimmed it for me then added in the lightest of layers. She offered to thin it out for me because my hair is so so thick but agreed with me when I declined...its a lot of hair right bow but thinned out ends in the future wouldn't be very nice. She even said she doesn't want to see me for a while and agreed the next trim should be in the spring! Whoa, how awesome that she listened to me and didn't try to pressure me into more trims!

RubberDucky
July 28th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Hurray, I had a really positive hair trimming experience. I told the woman I wanted the least amount of hair removed because I am growing it out. She microtrimmed it for me then added in the lightest of layers. She offered to thin it out for me because my hair is so so thick but agreed with me when I declined...its a lot of hair right bow but thinned out ends in the future wouldn't be very nice. She even said she doesn't want to see me for a while and agreed the next trim should be in the spring! Whoa, how awesome that she listened to me and didn't try to pressure me into more trims!

That sounds awesome - glad she was willing to give you what you wanted. Happy growing!

Obsidian
July 28th, 2018, 05:47 PM
I think I'm almost ready for this thread. The hair at my nape is about chin but the sides have about a inch or so to go. I have layers so it's a bit hard to figure out exactly where I am, shrinkage doesn't help either.

RubberDucky
July 30th, 2018, 01:38 AM
Aaand I've reached yet another awkward stage with my hair - this heatwave is making my hair poofy and some of the shorter layers are creating big floppy "dog ears" at the sides. Gaah!

olivetime
July 30th, 2018, 09:49 AM
Aaand I've reached yet another awkward stage with my hair - this heatwave is making my hair poofy and some of the shorter layers are creating big floppy "dog ears" at the sides. Gaah!

Yep, this is me too. I'm just going with it. Lol!

I somehow got my hair into two dutch braids this morning with tiny tails AND not much has fallen out in the last 6 hours. Woohoo!! I actually feel myself relaxing as my goal is simply manageable hair. Getting so close!!

faerielady
July 30th, 2018, 10:16 AM
Got my layered hair into a sock bun! Will upload a picture later.

ReadingRenee
July 30th, 2018, 11:55 AM

That is awesome! Sounds like a good call on no thinning. Glad your stylist is so great about helping you to grow out.

I think I'm almost ready for this thread. The hair at my nape is about chin but the sides have about a inch or so to go. I have layers so it's a bit hard to figure out exactly where I am, shrinkage doesn't help either.

Yay! You will be here before you know it!

I remember this stage. I used lots of little claw clips and tiny barrettes to get through it. You can do it!

Yep, this is me too. I'm just going with it. Lol!

I somehow got my hair into two dutch braids this morning with tiny tails AND not much has fallen out in the last 6 hours. Woohoo!! I actually feel myself relaxing as my goal is simply manageable hair. Getting so close!!

woohoo that is awesome! I love that feeling.

Got my layered hair into a sock bun! Will upload a picture later.

yay! Can't wait to see a picture. Sock buns are so great for short layered hair.

I noticed my hair seemed a little longer this morning. I have been just doing benign neglect which isn't that hard when its this short. I am really thankful that I basically cut my hair blunt because I feel like its much more manageable as far as putting it up. It looks kind of blocky from the back when its straight but luckily the waves usually disguise that a bit.

olivetime
August 7th, 2018, 10:27 AM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32937&d=1533658833

Thank goodness I can finally get my hair up and it stays up. The heat this summer, oh boy! I soak my hair with the hose and while it's damp, put in two braids. It stays like this most of the day. Woohoo!

Also for whatever reason, I haven't had to wash my hair in *weeks*, water only is going so well! Wasn't even on purpose.

RubberDucky
August 10th, 2018, 12:21 AM
That looks really nice, olivetime!

I'm so close to shoulder yet so far away. I hope I can make it by October when it's been a year of growing. Fingers crossed!

olivetime
August 18th, 2018, 03:52 PM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33034&d=1534629005

Getting there!! Maybe I will be able to claim shoulder sooner than I thought!

PS. I washed and conditioned my hair today, it's not all the way dry yet.

lapis_lazuli
August 18th, 2018, 03:59 PM
Your hair is looking so lovely and healthy, olivetime! Your braided updos are fantastic - definitely shoulder length is fast approaching :cheer:

Sheroux1
August 20th, 2018, 09:05 PM
Iím new to this community but just wondering if you had TBL hair at one time...I had bra strap length hair years ago and cut it but have never been able to grow it out again. Maybe too much heat styling/ bleaching over the years. Any advice would be sooooooo helpful :)

Eireann
August 24th, 2018, 05:22 AM
I knew Iíd find this thread! Iím back on LHC after chopping from tailbone to a chin length bob. I love the bob, but I decided to grow out my greys. Searching for inspiration on the web, I saw so many pictures of beautiful long grey hair, I decided it was time! Iím just starting my growing journey (I cancelled my last hair cut appointment two days ago.) My mini goal is to be able to pull my hair back. I am so grateful for all the wisdom and support from the LHC!

lapis_lazuli
August 24th, 2018, 10:58 AM
I knew I’d find this thread! I’m back on LHC after chopping from tailbone to a chin length bob. I love the bob, but I decided to grow out my greys. Searching for inspiration on the web, I saw so many pictures of beautiful long grey hair, I decided it was time! I’m just starting my growing journey (I cancelled my last hair cut appointment two days ago.) My mini goal is to be able to pull my hair back. I am so grateful for all the wisdom and support from the LHC!

Welcome again :flower: Yes, there's endless inspiration online! Best on your journey; enjoy the road to your goals :o

windflowers_mel
August 24th, 2018, 12:07 PM
Hi, I’m new here and wanted to introduce myself! I’ve always wanted long hair but seemed to get stuck at BSL due to my bad hair care. Right now I’m at collarbone length and am hoping to get to waist or hip length in the next few years. I’ve already learned so much from you guys and am excited for the journey.

EssleyBlue
September 9th, 2018, 09:48 AM
Hi! I am totally intrigued by the t shirt headband you mentioned. How did you make it?

I just took a long strip of T-shirt fabric (about 3-inches wide) and tied the ends together in a knot. The knot goes at the base of my neck. But in all honesty, I haven't been wearing it :(

EssleyBlue
September 9th, 2018, 10:09 AM
So, I feel like I am at "Is this shoulder length?" I feel like I have about inch more to go though. Also I think I am going to wear the shirt in this picture for measuring until I hit APL. The bottom of the lattice straps on the back is APL. It will be fun to watch them be covered as my hair grows longer.
https://i.imgur.com/JXpIAM6.jpg

I'm at a similar length, maybe slightly shorter. I think I'll consider myself shoulder length when I can close my eyes, shake my head "no" and feel hair brushing my shoulders. Or I might wait for it to be as long as collarbone, because shoulder to APL seems like such a looooonnnng slog. I also get headaches when I put my hair up at SL or APL, so I'm still trying to strategize before I get to that point. Right now I'm enjoying using bobby pins to keep hair out of my face.

elsiedeluxe
September 10th, 2018, 08:43 AM
I'm pretty close to being able to graduate from this thread, I think. I can put my hair up in a peacock twist when it's damp or dirty, so that's an important milestone. When it's down it's brushing my shoulders. I think I want it to hit my collarbones before I call it.

RubberDucky
September 10th, 2018, 11:15 AM
I'm also really close to shoulder - well, only the longest bits are. But even the shortest layers are touching earlobes, so come October (one year of growing) I will move to the next thread. I promise I will post a picture before moving on :)

ReadingRenee
September 11th, 2018, 11:09 AM
I'm at a similar length, maybe slightly shorter. I think I'll consider myself shoulder length when I can close my eyes, shake my head "no" and feel hair brushing my shoulders. Or I might wait for it to be as long as collarbone, because shoulder to APL seems like such a looooonnnng slog. I also get headaches when I put my hair up at SL or APL, so I'm still trying to strategize before I get to that point. Right now I'm enjoying using bobby pins to keep hair out of my face.

Good plan! Shoulder to APL IS a very long slog for me. I have done it at least 4 times now... That is why I am not in a hurry to declare shoulder length. I think it might be shoulder length at this point, but like you I think I am going to wait for collar bone.

postpixie88
September 12th, 2018, 12:33 PM
I had gotten to shoulder length a few months ago, then then spontaneously dyed my hair (brown to auburn) and cut it to mid neck. Instant regret, turns out the two week rule is important! Now I'm trying to get back to shoulder length and it feels like it's happening SO slowly.

lostchyld
September 13th, 2018, 12:34 PM
AHHHH!!!! This is going so slowly. I made it past chin length and then it started looking gross, so I trimmed out the last of the blonde and I'm finally all natural as of July sometime. Yay for that, but it means that shoulder is taking twice as long as it should, because I trimmed back to get the bleach out. It's almost to ponytail length. Once I get there, I should be fine to just grow. I'm hoping to get there, at least, by Christmas.

I could ponytail now, but it would take a lot of bobby pins to make it presentable and I hate farting around with pins. I can't wait for the proper length to do a hairstick bun. Then it gets really easy to grow, because it's comfortable, out of my face and I can't see the length most of the time, so I don't worry about it.

Upside down French and Dutch braids are coming on quickly. I just need the front to be long enough for a ponytail and then the braids will contain most of the back.

Writing it this way makes it sound longer than it feels.

WillOTree
September 15th, 2018, 05:29 PM
Popping in to say I've graduated this thread! I'm at collarbone length again, the last trim about 2 months ago.

paulownia
September 19th, 2018, 03:27 AM
Popping in to say I've graduated this thread! I'm at collarbone length again, the last trim about 2 months ago.
Congratulations! You should celebrate:)
My hair is reaching collarbone while wet ;) but when it dries it gets shorter (wave, hello:D) and i'm just waiting... the sides are past my ears, the bangs still at cheekbones...
I keep trimming every other month. I should be checking into the ' shoulder to APL' thread soon!:)

olivetime
September 19th, 2018, 05:58 AM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33361&d=1537358141

So close!!

Vacurlylady
September 19th, 2018, 08:38 AM
Hey RubberDucky! I just realized we are at the same place of growing. I started from a Pixie last October. 😁 itís so nice to realize someone is at my same pace. How long do you want to grow yours?

RubberDucky
September 19th, 2018, 11:29 AM
Hey RubberDucky! I just realized we are at the same place of growing. I started from a Pixie last October. �� it’s so nice to realize someone is at my same pace. How long do you want to grow yours?

Hi :D I don't have a set goal in mind yet. When I was younger I had hair long enough to sit on, right now I'm aiming at APL to start. I guess we'll see.

PS! Good luck on your growing journey!

olivetime
September 21st, 2018, 03:59 AM
Rubber ducky & Vacurlylady I also started at Pixie last October :) Fun!

EssleyBlue
September 21st, 2018, 08:10 AM
I have a layered bob that's longer in the front. The longest hairs are close to collarbone when wet and straight. But mostly my hair is doing this annoying flip...it's like my hair is trying to avoid my shoulders, haha.:mad:

sigh...I'll wait a few more weeks and see if it settles down.

RubberDucky
September 21st, 2018, 11:50 AM
I have a layered bob that's longer in the front. The longest hairs are close to collarbone when wet and straight. But mostly my hair is doing this annoying flip...it's like my hair is trying to avoid my shoulders, haha.:mad:

sigh...I'll wait a few more weeks and see if it settles down.

Yeah, that flippy thing is really annoying - hair just wants to grow sideways at this point.

Cool! Hopefully all of us are soon way past shoulder :)

RubberDucky
September 24th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Ah! Had to do a tiny trim at the back since the longest layer was growing a bit wonky-mullety again. Didn't lose much length, just neatened it up a bit.

rika_jane
September 25th, 2018, 11:38 PM
Today I got another undercut (I had one for a loooong time before I shaved my head) and now, with the help of a few bobby pins, I can finally tie my hair back!! :D I'm thinking this will make it much easier to ignore my hair during the short stages ^^
https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/3c/d5/XWctsGIk_t.jpg (http://imgbox.com/XWctsGIk) https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/13/8e/gFnN6f3J_t.jpg (http://imgbox.com/gFnN6f3J) https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/1f/1c/fKqzleHE_t.jpg (http://imgbox.com/fKqzleHE)

EssleyBlue
September 27th, 2018, 06:12 AM
Finally got some photos uploaded into the album.
From June til now.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33461&thumb=1&d=1538049945
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33462&thumb=1&d=1538049956
Just starting to touch shoulder, longest strands are getting closer to collarbone.

RubberDucky
October 3rd, 2018, 05:50 AM
Nice growth, EssleyBlue!

I've been growing my hair for exactly a year now... and it's still not quite shoulder length. Granted, I have trimmed/neatened the mullety bit four times. While there are still layers all over and I have this thick weird floppy bit over my right ear, I think I can keep growing now without trims, at least for a while.

Hopefully I'm properly at shoulder length by the end of the year :)

LongCurlyTress
October 3rd, 2018, 12:13 PM
I am really appreciating all of the supportiive, encouraging posts here on this thread!! This length... chin to brushing shoulder is a very difficult and unique stage for me that I know I must endure to get past to apl and longer when I can wear my hair in half up bun. I am finding that a nape ponytail with a side part creates a bit of a chic look that will get me through this very awkward stage. It is just so reassuring to know that I am not going through this all alone. I keep my avatar and profile pic as my TBL length pics since it is way too depressing to see my current pics. I feel really inspired to see my pics that I was able to get to TBL 37 in before.. (5 years from chin length curly bob) but every month is another half inch as long as I don't cut/trim it. Good growing luck to all of us!!! We need to go hide our scissors!! :)

EssleyBlue
October 3rd, 2018, 04:27 PM
Nice growth, EssleyBlue!

I've been growing my hair for exactly a year now... and it's still not quite shoulder length. Granted, I have trimmed/neatened the mullety bit four times. While there are still layers all over and I have this thick weird floppy bit over my right ear, I think I can keep growing now without trims, at least for a while.

Hopefully I'm properly at shoulder length by the end of the year :)

I've had a long pixie cut before and the mullety thing can be tricky. Headbands come to mind for casual days. Lot's of trimming the back as it grew in. Sigh...hair is so easy to cut and so long to grow...

I am really appreciating all of the supportiive, encouraging posts here on this thread!! This length... chin to brushing shoulder is a very difficult and unique stage for me that I know I must endure to get past to apl and longer when I can wear my hair in half up bun. I am finding that a nape ponytail with a side part creates a bit of a chic look that will get me through this very awkward stage. It is just so reassuring to know that I am not going through this all alone. I keep my avatar and profile pic as my TBL length pics since it is way too depressing to see my current pics. I feel really inspired to see my pics that I was able to get to TBL 37 in before.. (5 years from chin length curly bob) but every month is another half inch as long as I don't cut/trim it. Good growing luck to all of us!!! We need to go hide our scissors!! :)

I am also grateful to have a supportive space. Otherwise I get disheartened and start wanting a haircut! 1/2" per month is about 1/8" every week. What an amazing thing our hair follicles do!

LongCurlyTress
October 3rd, 2018, 07:46 PM
I've had a long pixie cut before and the mullety thing can be tricky. Headbands come to mind for casual days. Lot's of trimming the back as it grew in. Sigh...hair is so easy to cut and so long to grow...

I am also grateful to have a supportive space. Otherwise I get disheartened and start wanting a haircut! 1/2" per month is about 1/8" every week. What an amazing thing our hair follicles do! Your hair has grown a lot since being a pixie!! That is fantastic that your hair is at shoulder length! WTG!! Once you can put it into a low ponytail you can just forgetabout it for 6 months... that is 3 inches without cutting! :) So... by April 1st, our hair(s) should be 3 inches longer!! Probably at collarbone length? Let's hope so!! :)

Vacurlylady
October 3rd, 2018, 08:27 PM
Hi :D I don't have a set goal in mind yet. When I was younger I had hair long enough to sit on, right now I'm aiming at APL to start. I guess we'll see.

Hi back! Iím just checking this thread out again today! Thank you for responding. I really do not have a goal in mind either except I do know that Iím looking forward to being able to have a bun with hair sticks. I would be so excited for that. I have NEVER had my hair long enough to do that! :)

Woo! Thatís fun to know we are all at the same length. My hair is very curly. I do a lot of curly girl care on my hair. That makes me feel shorter.
Happy growing! Hope to see you around the forum.

paulownia
October 4th, 2018, 12:32 AM
Should I stay or should I go?:D
I already joined the ''shoulder to APL''thread, but I keep lurking around here. My hair is definitely past shoulder now - while wet. When it dries it gets much shorter. I would say an inch - give or take- for spring factor. So I'm in between for a while:o.
It takes longer time to grow wavy and curly hair. Sigh.
I followed a hair blogger once, she has wavy/wurly hair, somewhat past waits I guess. She wrote once that her hair is 70 cm while curly and 80 cm while straigh. Amazing what spring factor can do;)

EssleyBlue
October 4th, 2018, 07:13 AM
Your hair has grown a lot since being a pixie!! That is fantastic that your hair is at shoulder length! WTG!! Once you can put it into a low ponytail you can just forgetabout it for 6 months... that is 3 inches without cutting! :) So... by April 1st, our hair(s) should be 3 inches longer!! Probably at collarbone length? Let's hope so!! :)

Oh, the long pixie was ages ago. Sorry, didn't want to mislead you into thinking my hair had a freak-of-nature growth rate. My last haircut was end of May/early June (?) and it was a jaw-length layered bob. I think putting it into a ponytail for a few months is what I need to stop thinking about it!

EssleyBlue
October 21st, 2018, 11:45 AM
I'm solidly at shoulder now...(updated the avatar pic). It's a good feeling :cheer:
I've technically graduated from this thread but I might linger a little longer and enjoy the length before rushing on.
Happy growing everyone!

RubberDucky
October 22nd, 2018, 02:09 AM
I'm solidly at shoulder now...(updated the avatar pic). It's a good feeling :cheer:
I've technically graduated from this thread but I might linger a little longer and enjoy the length before rushing on.
Happy growing everyone!

Yay, congrats! It's a nice feeling to reach a milestone.

I'm technically at shoulder too but since I've been growing for more than a year without trims (apart from the mullet) I might have to see a hairdresser soon - just to even out and shape the layers and overall look. That means losing some length but then I can probably go for another year without trims.

Vacurlylady
October 22nd, 2018, 06:07 AM
Happy growing everyone!

Yay! You are there! Actually I think I am as well, but still going to hang out here for awhile. A co-worker told me my hair has really grown. ☺️ I can live with hearing that once in awhile. I canít put pictures of me up because I donít have a computer. Just my cell. If anyone knows if itís possible to upload photos from a phone, please let me know.

illicitlizard
October 22nd, 2018, 04:29 PM
Yay! You are there! Actually I think I am as well, but still going to hang out here for awhile. A co-worker told me my hair has really grown. ☺️ I can live with hearing that once in awhile. I canít put pictures of me up because I donít have a computer. Just my cell. If anyone knows if itís possible to upload photos from a phone, please let me know.

Yay! Nice one on getting to shoulder :) People noticing growth is the best! Assuming your phone is a smartphone you can get the imgur app and upload pics using that (make sure you make an account first if you haven't already) then link them here as usual.

OhSuzi
October 23rd, 2018, 04:27 AM
My hair grew out originally all uneven mullety layers, so when part of it reached shoulder (Took a year)
I had a tiny trim to 3 inch chop to mid neck so that every where was starting out from the same length.
Hair cut looked great, & grew out more evenly.
Its another year and my hair is just past collar bone - sometimes I feel frustrated that my hair would prob be APL ish if I'd left it - but then I remind myself that only some of my hair would be that long, the rest wouldnt and it would still be funny uneven layers.

Also kept thinking this hair isnt growing! Shoulder length hair seems much harder to guage growth progress than obvious changes on short hair that reaches your ears, then your nose, then chin etc.
and the ends flip at shoulder so it looks like the same length for ages even when it has grown.

Might brave one more hair dresser trim in Dec (Much Much less than 3 inches off any of it!!) then let grow- next year should be long enough to easily trim myself.

RubberDucky
October 23rd, 2018, 05:13 AM
Just had my haircut to neaten things up and I'm really happy :happydance: We talked about what I wanted and she did everything exactly as I asked, taking off very little overall length but evening out my messy layers and giving my hair a nice shape I can grow with. There are still some shorter bits around my face that need to catch up but we left those alone for now.

She did straighten my hair with a round brush so I'll see what it looks in its natural state the next time I wash.

olivetime
October 23rd, 2018, 05:44 AM
Wow awesome growth everyone!! My longest layers are at shoulder now but I am going to stick around here for a bit.

I feel like my hair has shrunk, just all of a sudden my hair is long enough that it's thickness is really obvious. It's busting out of all my Dutch braids, busting out of my claw clips, Bobby pins don't work anymore! Last time my hair was this length I got an undercut and thinned it out. I don't want to go that route this time as the undercut was my undoing and a big reason I cut off my hair in the first place!

Edited to add this picture of my hair first thing in the morning, lol!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33793&d=1540295406

Stray_mind
October 23rd, 2018, 11:28 AM
Dropping by to say everyone of you has gorgeous hair. Keep growing and see you in shoulder to APL thread, hopefuly ^^ :cheer:

rika_jane
October 23rd, 2018, 09:14 PM
I'm only about 2" away now!!
https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/19/02/LUXNCfk2_t.jpg (http://imgbox.com/LUXNCfk2) https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/4d/3d/khos37e9_t.jpg (http://imgbox.com/khos37e9) https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/65/ea/A9ls4qfZ_t.jpg (http://imgbox.com/A9ls4qfZ)

drummer
October 25th, 2018, 02:31 AM
Hello everyone!
I'm new to LHC forums and alas not my first time growing out my pixie hair! :) But first time growing out naturally! Long story short: after damaging my hair with bleach / colouring / dreadlocks I decided to have a clean break this August and had cut it to pixie (I love short hair and thank God both short and longer hair looks good on my head!). I've been babying and growing out since then, my hair is fine, straight and very average growing :D I'm at ear-length now, hopefully I'll be at chin this Christmas. My hope and dream is to have waist-length hair, so I'm in for at least a 3 year growth-cycle.

And well, I drum, so that's why my screen name :D Happy growing everyone!

EssleyBlue
October 26th, 2018, 12:09 PM
A co-worker told me my hair has really grown. ☺️ I can live with hearing that once in awhile.

Awesome! No one has commented on my hair in real life yet.

Its another year and my hair is just past collar bone - sometimes I feel frustrated that my hair would prob be APL ish if I'd left it - but then I remind myself that only some of my hair would be that long, the rest wouldnt and it would still be funny uneven layers.

Also kept thinking this hair isnt growing! Shoulder length hair seems much harder to guage growth progress than obvious changes on short hair that reaches your ears, then your nose, then chin etc.
and the ends flip at shoulder so it looks like the same length for ages even when it has grown.

Congrats on collarbone, that's my next goal. My ends did that flippy thing for a while, it looked like my hair was avoiding my shoulders. I personally like to have most of my hair at the markers, because I have straight hair and it looks odd to me if I call a length when there's only a few hairs that actually made it. :D

Just had my haircut to neaten things up and I'm really happy :happydance: We talked about what I wanted and she did everything exactly as I asked, taking off very little overall length but evening out my messy layers and giving my hair a nice shape I can grow with.

That's wonderful when you get what you ask for. With each trim it gets less mullet-y.

Wow awesome growth everyone!! My longest layers are at shoulder now but I am going to stick around here for a bit.

I feel like my hair has shrunk, just all of a sudden my hair is long enough that it's thickness is really obvious. It's busting out of all my Dutch braids, busting out of my claw clips, Bobby pins don't work anymore! Last time my hair was this length I got an undercut and thinned it out. I don't want to go that route this time as the undercut was my undoing and a big reason I cut off my hair in the first place!

Edited to add this picture of my hair first thing in the morning, lol!

Looks great! I wish my hair were thicker. So thin... sigh. I never knew the undercut strategy until I got on the LHC forums.

I'm only about 2" away now!!

Yay!

Hello everyone!
I'm new to LHC forums and alas not my first time growing out my pixie hair! :) But first time growing out naturally! Long story short: after damaging my hair with bleach / colouring / dreadlocks I decided to have a clean break this August and had cut it to pixie (I love short hair and thank God both short and longer hair looks good on my head!). I've been babying and growing out since then, my hair is fine, straight and very average growing :D I'm at ear-length now, hopefully I'll be at chin this Christmas. My hope and dream is to have waist-length hair, so I'm in for at least a 3 year growth-cycle.

Welcome! I also have fine, straight hair. The good thing I keep reminding myself about it is no shrinkage. Happy growing!

Laura1986
October 27th, 2018, 06:18 AM
Hi :)

After 8 months of growing, I don't think my hair is super short anymore. I would like to join your thread :)

Current status: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TWBWzB5rabiR6Bvo9

olivetime I really like your hair!

RubberDucky
October 29th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Hi Laura! :waving:

Well, I've washed my hair twice after the trim and I'm still very happy with the result. It looked good straightened and looks even better in its natural, slightly wavy state. Very close to shoulder now but I'm sticking around until the end of the year.

rubygloom
October 29th, 2018, 01:46 PM
Hi I have been growing my hair since last May and now my hair is somewhere between my chin and shoulders.
I also wanna join this thread too it’s such an inspiring community.

Vacurlylady
November 1st, 2018, 07:21 AM

Hi RubberDucky and olivetime! Itís been a month I think since we last checked in. I was disappointed yesterday, here I am thinking my hair is quite long and then really looked in the mirror. Itís not touching my shoulders yet. I guess maybe another two months it will be. I mean it feels like it is in the back, but itís all lengths. I havenít cut any off since a January trim in the back. This is going to take patience. A lot of patience!

I donít have a set goal either, just to grow til Iím able to retire. 7 years! Gives me something to think about besides waiting to retire. 🤣🤣🤣

lostchyld
November 5th, 2018, 08:45 AM
Approaching shoulder length more quickly than expected. I made a two tiered ponytail today.

olivetime
November 8th, 2018, 06:04 AM
I washed my hair this morning and as it's drying, I'm realizing...can't deny it, I've reached shoulder/collar bone! Not just the ends either, ahhh!! Of course once it dries it could be different, depends what my wurls and waves want to do!

shelleynyc
November 8th, 2018, 04:11 PM
Hi! I'm joining this thread too :) I big-chopped my hair off to chin length a few of weeks ago, it's already grown a little so now I have about 2-3 inches left until it lays on my shoulders.
My final goal is WL, but if I could just get to shoulder length ASAP I think I would feel more comfortable in my hair again, I feel pretty insecure in this short hair :( I only cut it off to get rid of the dyed parts, since I have been transitioning to virgin hair.

olivetime
November 14th, 2018, 04:42 AM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34066&d=1542195543

Can you believe it?! I'm calling it officially, I've hit shoulder!! Happy Growing everyone!!!! See you on the next board!

RubberDucky
November 17th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Can you believe it?! I'm calling it officially, I've hit shoulder!! Happy Growing everyone!!!! See you on the next board!

So awesome - congrats, olivetime! Your hair looks really lovely.

The bottom layer/mullety bit of my hair had a weird growth spurt and looked ridiculous, so I decided on another, rather unexpected trim. It did set me back a little but I hope to join you on the next board soon.

rubygloom
November 19th, 2018, 07:45 PM
I have a question. Should I be taking progress pics while my hair is still wet? Or would dry hair be better?

gustavonut
December 3rd, 2018, 12:42 PM
I have a question. Should I be taking progress pics while my hair is still wet? Or would dry hair be better?

I have always personally done it dry every time but you can do wet too.

gustavonut
December 5th, 2018, 03:38 AM
I’m joining this thread once more for the time being. I am not currently trying to grow my hair out right this second but planning on not trimming as much at the start of 2019. If I hadn’t cut my hair to a bob I would’ve been at waist length. But alas, I needed a change. I plan on keeping my hair dark and keeping my bangs though :D

OhSuzi
December 5th, 2018, 05:55 AM

I guess consistency is key - so whether its wet or dry, take pictures the same way each time so you can see accurately how much progress has happened each month!

Wet might make it easier to see progress if your hair tends to dry much shorter and wavey / curly.

Unless you go round with wet hair every where, dry is how you wear it usually so you might wanna take progress photos of how it actually is as well any ways?

hannabiss
December 5th, 2018, 04:56 PM
Just cut it today. Doing the No Trim challenge for 2019.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34363&d=1544054109

gustavonut
December 6th, 2018, 02:11 AM
Just cut it today. Doing the No Trim challenge for 2019.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34363&d=1544054109
Looks really nice :)

hannabiss
December 6th, 2018, 07:29 AM
Looks really nice :)
Thank you. :) I think its a good starting point for the new year.

gustavonut
December 6th, 2018, 09:01 AM

It looks like we might be at the same length, I’ll join you in your journey of growing longer! What’s your final goal length?

rika_jane
December 6th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Didn't realise how close I was getting to shoulder until I saw this photo my friend took from the other day!! Only a couple months now and I can graduate this thread~
https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/c3/ea/tu0GUDky_t.png (http://imgbox.com/tu0GUDky)

lapushka
December 6th, 2018, 04:52 PM

It looks like we might be at the same length, I’ll join you in your journey of growing longer! What’s your final goal length?

Yes, grow together if you can.

I always think it's nice to find growing "buddies" on here. Someone that's about your length that you can share a journey with. :flower:

gustavonut
December 7th, 2018, 01:27 AM
Didn't realise how close I was getting to shoulder until I saw this photo my friend took from the other day!! Only a couple months now and I can graduate this thread~
https://thumbs2.imgbox.com/c3/ea/tu0GUDky_t.png (http://imgbox.com/tu0GUDky)

Congratulations!!!

gustavonut
December 7th, 2018, 05:33 AM
Hannabiss I would love to be your hair growth buddy, lol!

hannabiss
December 7th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Hannabiss I would love to be your hair growth buddy, lol!
Sounds good to me! :)

hannabiss
December 7th, 2018, 04:15 PM
My end goal is any where between waist and Tailbone. My hairs pretty fine and I dont think I want to grow it much longer than that. But Im hoping for APL by 12/19

gustavonut
December 8th, 2018, 09:42 AM
My end goal is any where between waist and Tailbone. My hairs pretty fine and I dont think I want to grow it much longer than that. But Im hoping for APL by 12/19

That would be great. I think I’m with you on that one too. I want long hair again but only tailbone, MAYBE.
I’m hoping my hair grows pretty fast this time around cause I haven’t had long hair and bangs in a while.

H o n є y ❤
December 8th, 2018, 11:16 AM
I'm here to join the gang again!

gustavonut
December 8th, 2018, 11:17 AM
I'm here to join the gang again!

Welcome back! :D

illicitlizard
December 9th, 2018, 06:46 AM
Hey guys, I might start lurking here more, not sure if it counts but am definitely nearing or at chin (in a very layered way). Am hesitant to call it just yet :o Still kind of attached to being a super shortie!

https://i.imgur.com/30OdKr8m.jpg 'scuse the pixel face, it's a true affliction
Excited to join y'all on this next leg!!

gustavonut
December 11th, 2018, 02:02 AM
Welcome to the shortie club illicitlizard! Lol.
It’s gonna be a long journey but it will all be worth it! Let us all enjoy this climb together. It may be hard but we will make it. All it takes is time.

gustavonut
December 13th, 2018, 02:05 AM
It’s been two weeks since I got this short cut and so far I feel pretty good. I know my hair is growing and I know it’s going to take a while to get back to where I was, but this time I plan on taking better care of my hair.

DaniGirl
December 26th, 2018, 12:31 PM
Hi Iím new here. Still figuring out everything and this is my very first post. Iím currently just grazing shoulder length at the back. But I go in, in a week to try a new hairdresser as my old one wasnít listening to me at all and kept doing her own thing with my hair.

Iíve got a deep v nape undercut to grow out as well as some side bangs, so Iím going to be maintaining a just above shoulder length lob for a long while as my previously thick hair comes back after too much thinning. Eventual goal I think is at least BSL with a nice thick and full hemline and some light layers.

DaniGirl
January 4th, 2019, 01:02 PM
Awww I think Iím the only one whoís going to be hanging out here for a bit.

Lady Stardust
January 4th, 2019, 01:28 PM
Awww I think I’m the only one who’s going to be hanging out here for a bit.

I’m sure someone will be along to join you! I love your signature, it made me smile :)

I was in this thread until about July I think? It’s a nice place to bond over awkward stages. Hope you got on well with your new hairdresser.

DaniGirl
January 4th, 2019, 02:51 PM
I’m sure someone will be along to join you! I love your signature, it made me smile :)

I was in this thread until about July I think? It’s a nice place to bond over awkward stages. Hope you got on well with your new hairdresser.

Got on really well with the new one, I love my cut so far and she did exactly what I wanted. I'll need to wash and style myself to make sure it's working properly for my hair. My mom isn't a bad stylist, she's always done incredibly good work and I've never had damage to my hair ever. But she's my mom and has her own opinions of what looks good and what works on my hair. She'd stopped listening to me and that made it time to move on for me. Upside I've spent my whole life surrounded by the industry so I know what to look for, what to ask for and how to get to the result of what I'm looking for.

I just need to remind myself no more drastic cuts, I loved it for ages and it's time for something different now, even if different would have been what I used to call boring.

Lady Stardust
January 5th, 2019, 03:10 AM
Got on really well with the new one, I love my cut so far and she did exactly what I wanted. I'll need to wash and style myself to make sure it's working properly for my hair. My mom isn't a bad stylist, she's always done incredibly good work and I've never had damage to my hair ever. But she's my mom and has her own opinions of what looks good and what works on my hair. She'd stopped listening to me and that made it time to move on for me. Upside I've spent my whole life surrounded by the industry so I know what to look for, what to ask for and how to get to the result of what I'm looking for.

I just need to remind myself no more drastic cuts, I loved it for ages and it's time for something different now, even if different would have been what I used to call boring.

Oh I’m glad it went so well with your new hairdresser :) Mine is great too, I’ve been going to her for about 8 years now and she is so skilled I’d be scared to go to anyone else. She asks me loads of questions each time and clarifies exactly what she’s going to do so there are no nasty surprises.

I hear you re the drastic cuts. It’s exciting to have a big change, and growing hair patiently is not as exciting in the short term but long term results are worth it!

Edelweiss11
January 13th, 2019, 11:42 AM
Hi, I'm new here too. I had chin length hair for 3 years but now I'd like to let it grow. Last time I cut it was in September and it has grown a bit since (something like 2 inches I guess). I don't know what stroke me but now I wish my hair was at classic length, quite the opposite of what I have right now! But if I can at least get it to BSL it would still be good.
Anyway, I'm glad I found a place like this, I learned a lot in a short amount of time and everyone seems to be nice :)

Eireann
January 13th, 2019, 12:01 PM
I'll join in! I have had long hair off and on pretty much all my life. I grow it out for years and then get the itch to chop it off, keep it short for a while, then repeat. I'm on a growing out cycle now. I also have recently learned to post pictures, so here are my 2 hair pix.

https://i.postimg.cc/mchF8vRf/fullsizeoutput-288.jpg (https://postimg.cc/mchF8vRf)

https://i.postimg.cc/FkrwC3sB/fullsizeoutput-2a6.jpg (https://postimg.cc/FkrwC3sB)

Agava
January 13th, 2019, 01:45 PM
Hi everyone, I'll join here, too.
Hoping to reach SL in March
My hair length is now about 1cm longer then on my avatar.

mica
January 14th, 2019, 09:28 AM
I wasn't sure I should aim to grow to shoulder. I know I want to go super short in a not so distant future, but I wanted that to align with some travel plans that won't be happening for at least another year so...I'm joining in! I went blonde a few months back so I'm curious to see if I can make my hair look decent at that length, or if it'll just look like hay :p
I *think* I should be able to reach shoulder-length within this year, but I've always been terrible at calculating that, so I guess it'll be a surprise!

DaniGirl
January 14th, 2019, 12:36 PM
Yey shortie peopleís who arenít super short. My eventual goal is waist length, however I know realistically with this year of painful growing out, itíll be probably 4 years before Iím there. Iíve made peace with that and Iím going to work on getting it nice and healthy in that time and focus on my wurls.

Iíll be hanging out here for a year while I grow out my drastic haircut decision.

gustavonut
January 14th, 2019, 01:56 PM
I’m around chin length with a lot of layers and I’m hoping to be shoulder by April or hopefully sooner. I have some progress pics on my profile, and so far since my haircut I have already grown an inch in less than two months. If I continue to have fast growth I will be soooo happy. I am wanting to continue getting my hair dyed darker and bangs cut. Speaking of bangs, mine have grown so much that they are covering my eyes now unless I sweep them to the side.

melwynnd
January 14th, 2019, 08:21 PM
I'm between chin and shoulder length right now. Had the back shaved and top long in April. My hair is really curly (spirals the longer it gets) so it doesn't look as long as it is. I'm looking forward to being able to put it up during the heat of the summer this year.

klmt
January 18th, 2019, 11:59 AM
I'm a bit past my chin now, with my right side slightly longer than my left. It's naturally straight, but not long enough to measure "thickness" via the ponytail method. I've just grown out my undercut, and I'm excited for it to get long enough to buns/claw clips for the summer! I'm tired of tucking it behind my ears lol.

How long do you guys usually go without a haircut at this stage? Since this was an asymmetric bob before growing out, I have an appointment scheduled for end of Feb to bring all the hair back to one even hemline. But, part of me is hungry for length and wants to let it go until collarbone.

Laura1986
January 19th, 2019, 02:03 AM
How long do you guys usually go without a haircut at this stage.

Growing out a pixie cut since February last year, I've had 3 mullet trims so far, since I don't like the mullet look and don't care enough for length to put up with that. Just when the shape of my haircut starts to really bother me, I will take a little bit of (like 2 cm).
My goal is fairly blunt hemline at solid shoulder length and see from there. I have wavy/wurly fine hair.
Right now, I still have some shorter pieces in the front (I will just pretend they are intentional bangs) and the rest is more or less even in length. I'll just let in grow for a while, at least until summer.

Since my last haircut from a pro was this pixie cut that was everything I didn't want ( I brought in pictures, but nope), I cut my own hair and don't plan to go back to any hairdresser. It's a bit difficult at this length, but it works for me :)

Edelweiss11
January 19th, 2019, 02:31 AM
How long do you guys usually go without a haircut at this stage?

Before I decided to let my hair grow out, I had a haircut every 3 months or so to keep it at chin length. Now I don't plan to cut my hair before July since I joined the no trimming challenge 2019 (first half only)

Reddog
January 19th, 2019, 07:21 AM
I am at chin length now with lots of layers. I have worn my hair quite short for a while. I had a not so great haircut last fall, she cut the layers at my crown soooo short and not at all even. It was the motivation I needed to grow out my hair. I’m curious to hear how everyone styles their hair (without heat) at this length. I wake up with frightening bed head, I have to wet it down every morning or it just looks so unkempt.
I had a trim two weeks ago. 1/2 inch off the bottom and she cleaned up layered ends, but didn’t trim the shortest layers. I am hoping I can make it until mid summer before I get another trim.

illicitlizard
January 19th, 2019, 07:48 AM
How long do you guys usually go without a haircut at this stage? Since this was an asymmetric bob before growing out, I have an appointment scheduled for end of Feb to bring all the hair back to one even hemline. But, part of me is hungry for length and wants to let it go until collarbone.
I'm trying to go at least 6 months between haircuts now, since the worst of the mullet stage is behind me. Haven't trimmed since October-ish? and it's not been bothersome yet. At this point I just want to let it grow so I can put it in a pony tail again!

I am at chin length now with lots of layers. I have worn my hair quite short for a while. I had a not so great haircut last fall, she cut the layers at my crown soooo short and not at all even. It was the motivation I needed to grow out my hair. I’m curious to hear how everyone styles their hair (without heat) at this length. I wake up with frightening bed head, I have to wet it down every morning or it just looks so unkempt.
I had a trim two weeks ago. 1/2 inch off the bottom and she cleaned up layered ends, but didn’t trim the shortest layers. I am hoping I can make it until mid summer before I get another trim.

I have tonnes of layers too, luckily with the right conditioner I can ditch the worst of the bed head (though I don't generally mind the unkempt look), or I just style with water and a blow dryer on warm... The heat isn't extreme at all so I figure it doesn't count Į\_(ツ)_/Į Sucks to deal with the aftermath of a bad hair cut, I feel for you.

Laura1986
January 19th, 2019, 08:43 AM
Styling?

Fingercombing (no knots at this lengt so no need for a brush or comb), making a part where it looks best atm. Sometimes I wear a flexi or a little claw clip. Half-up, my hair looks longer and any wild hair is out of my face.

Agava
January 19th, 2019, 08:50 AM
I'm a bit past my chin now, with my right side slightly longer than my left. It's naturally straight, but not long enough to measure "thickness" via the ponytail method. I've just grown out my undercut, and I'm excited for it to get long enough to buns/claw clips for the summer! I'm tired of tucking it behind my ears lol.

Before, I had impression that my hair grows fast, so I used to cut it every 2-3 months. The problem was after I reach SL and CBL, it seemed it grows slow, and becomes freezy , so just when I have to stop with cutting, I just loose patience and cut it to CL or short.
This time I'm not going to cut it at all ( until January 2020), so the growing is going to be the fastest possible. To survive the taughest period, I'm thinking about to buy some nice hairpins, and also updo when the warmer days come.

hannabiss
January 19th, 2019, 09:22 AM
I cut to chin Dec 5. I'm glad I did but I wish I was having the exponential growth associated with pregnancy. My hair grew so fast with my other 3 but seems to be normal now. I can tell its grown some but I'm trying not to overly fixate on it....which I cant help but do of course.

DaniGirl
January 19th, 2019, 08:04 PM
How long do you guys usually go without a haircut at this stage?

Every 3 months for me right now. But Iím growing out an undercut, bangs, layers and scissor thinning right now. Before I go for length. So Iím trimming my hemline length for now while the rest grows out.

Once Iím going for length Iím going to do 1/2Ē every 4 months. Which is about 1 months growth for me. I want length and a full hemline.

DaniGirl
January 19th, 2019, 08:12 PM
I’m curious to hear how everyone styles their hair (without heat) at this length. I wake up with frightening bed head, I have to wet it down every morning or it just looks so unkempt.

Iím doing curly girl and wash twice a week. Day 1 is normally wash, condition, plop, gel, air dry, scrunch out the crunch dry.
Day 2 is normally pin back my top layers, refresh with some leave in conditioner and a bit of water.
Day 3 is conceding defeat and a low positioned half up with a clip, trying to refresh wurls and failing. Normally with braided bangs.
Day 4 repeat.

Reddog
January 20th, 2019, 09:24 AM
My hair grew so fast with my other 3 but seems to be normal now.

My first pregnancy my hair grew fast and thicker. I was apl and the longest my hair ever was. My second pregnancy I donít remember the same kind of growth. First was summer, second winter. And my hair always grows faster in warm weather.

Reddog
January 20th, 2019, 09:30 AM
I’m doing curly girl and wash twice a week. Day 1 is normally wash, condition, plop, gel, air dry, scrunch out the crunch dry.
Day 2 is normally pin back my top layers, refresh with some leave in conditioner and a bit of water.
Day 3 is conceding defeat and a low positioned half up with a clip, trying to refresh wurls and failing. Normally with braided bangs.
Day 4 repeat.
I pinned up my side layers yesterday. It looked pretty bad, but they stayed put all day which is sadly progress.

Agava
January 26th, 2019, 01:23 AM
Yesterday, when my hair was wet, I noticed that almost all of my ends are reaching my shoulders. No visible gaps between ends and the shoulders.
When it is dry, then it is about 30% touching my shoulders, and the rest is still above.
In February I plan to put my hair behind my ears often, and then, in March, again back to usual style, to see what's changed. 🙂

Eireann
January 27th, 2019, 08:57 AM
I finally graduated from tiny little George Washington ponytail to being able to put my hair up in a claw clip. Now I feel like I can begin a benign neglect phase. When I couldn't put my hair up, I had to heat style and wash frequently or else I would look pretty shabby.

DaniGirl
January 27th, 2019, 09:33 AM
I finally graduated from tiny little George Washington ponytail to being able to put my hair up in a claw clip. Now I feel like I can begin a benign neglect phase. When I couldn't put my hair up, I had to heat style and wash frequently or else I would look pretty shabby.

Iím the same, my wurls have a mind of their own. I reached the point about a month ago where I could clip it up and it made me so happy. Now Iím growing out my undercut and I hate how it looks up so Iím wearing it down to hide it and itís driving me crazy while I work with the wurls and the craziness. I canít wait until itís grown out and I can start going for length.

klmt
January 30th, 2019, 09:42 PM
Checking in--I've been watching Coffee&Makeup and SilVousPlaits videos to get my long hair fix. Anyone have other long hair YouTube suggestions?

I've been doing some hair math: I measured how long my hair would need to grow to reach waist-length (14in), then divided by how much hair grows in a year (I used a 1cm/month average, so 12 cm a year, aka 4.7 inches a year).

Supposedly, it will only take ~3 years to grow from where I am to waist, if my growth is consistent, I never trim, I don't start losing length to split ends, and don't suddenly develop a curl pattern. So, I'm estimating I have about 4 years before I get to my goal.

Anyone else do hair math?

Agava
January 31st, 2019, 08:14 AM
Klmt, I do. I did measure my hair yesterday.
My hair grows around 1.3cm per month. To reach CL, I need 5cm more ( I will round it to 4 months, which means I should reach CL in June).
To reach APL, I need totally 12cm, i.e 9-10 months. But, I have impression that my hair doesn't grow evenly.
I don't have plans to trim anything, because in this phase I want growing as quicker as possible.
Further then APL I didn't calculate a lot, because I don't know how much am I going to trim in January 2020 and after.
Anyway, if I don't cut at all, it is 40cm total growth that I need to reach WL. It should be in almost 2 years after I reach APL.

DaniGirl
January 31st, 2019, 11:45 AM
Yep from where I am to waist with trims and my curl pattern Iím looking at 4 to 5 years.

In for the long haul I guess. Especially with maintaining at just above shoulder until my undercut grows out for probably a year.

klmt
January 31st, 2019, 07:46 PM
Oh interesting Dani, you're letting your undercut catch up before growing the total length? I had an undercut that I forgot to trim for so long that by the time I went for my last chop, it turned out to be the same length. How high up does your undercut go, if you don't mind me asking?

DaniGirl
January 31st, 2019, 09:18 PM
Oh interesting Dani, you're letting your undercut catch up before growing the total length? I had an undercut that I forgot to trim for so long that by the time I went for my last chop, it turned out to be the same length. How high up does your undercut go, if you don't mind me asking?

I have a deep v nape undercut. The top of my v is above the tops of my ears. So itís very deep. It looks terrible right now Iíve been growing it for about 4 months. Itís about two inches long and my hair is wavy and curly so itís starting to stick out. I hate wearing it up, but the day before wash day itís basically a necessity as it just wonít cooperate at that point anymore. Itís as bad as the one and only time I had a pixie and decided to grow it out. The rest of my hair hangs in a lob just above shoulder length.

Aeonian
February 2nd, 2019, 02:55 PM
It took me 5 months reaching SL but it doesn't really look like SL, because of all the unruly wurls. Those were the 5 longest months, I hated my CL wurly bob. Next goal is APL by Christmas 2019. Happy growing everyone!

milosmomma
February 2nd, 2019, 03:16 PM
I have a deep v nape undercut. The top of my v is above the tops of my ears. So it’s very deep. It looks terrible right now I’ve been growing it for about 4 months. It’s about two inches long and my hair is wavy and curly so it’s starting to stick out. I hate wearing it up, but the day before wash day it’s basically a necessity as it just won’t cooperate at that point anymore. It’s as bad as the one and only time I had a pixie and decided to grow it out. The rest of my hair hangs in a lob just above shoulder length.

My ds1 is growing out a mohawk so a similar type situation. His mohawk is probably 4 inches long now and flows like a mullet down a little past shoulder, but his sides are only about 1-1.5 inches long. He has 2b wurls simialr to you and we use something like an aloe gel or kinky curly knot today applied to wet hair after his bath to get his sides to tame into wurls instead or poofing out to the sides. Maybe something similar could help your growing process until it catches up. :)

Agava
February 7th, 2019, 07:10 AM
Aeonian congrats!
I'm almost at SL and soon to check out from this thread. I see my hair on shoulders, but at the same time I still don't feel I've reached the length that I for myself define as SL. I realise now how SL has it's substages long before it comes close to APL. So, I'll stay here untill I'm completely comfortable describing my hair being at SL.

DaniGirl
February 7th, 2019, 10:15 AM
Aeonian congrats!
I'm almost at SL and soon to check out from this thread. I see my hair on shoulders, but at the same time I still don't feel I've reached the length that I for myself define as SL. I realise now how SL has it's substages long before it comes close to APL. So, I'll stay here untill I'm completely comfortable describing my hair being at SL.

Totally get where youíre coming from. And shoulder to APL is a long time, so I know a lot stay here until theyíre more around just past shoulder or closer to collarbone length.

klmt
February 7th, 2019, 04:12 PM
I was looking through my old snapchats (all images started getting saved to the app, with time stamps, around summer 2016) and I'm trying to calculate how long it took my for hair to reach collarbone last time via the timestamps. Alas, the older I get the less comfortable I get with pictures of myself, so I'm finding helpful photos to be scarce.

I'm contenting myself with remembering that it HAS grown that long before, and will again.

DaniGirl
February 8th, 2019, 07:32 PM
I was looking through my old snapchats (all images started getting saved to the app, with time stamps, around summer 2016) and I'm trying to calculate how long it took my for hair to reach collarbone last time via the timestamps. Alas, the older I get the less comfortable I get with pictures of myself, so I'm finding helpful photos to be scarce.

I'm contenting myself with remembering that it HAS grown that long before, and will again.

I do this as well with old photos on facebook. My hair has been waist length before so I know I can get there. But I go through and check photos remembering when I got trims.

gustavonut
February 15th, 2019, 05:55 AM
I’m feeling really content with where I am at the moment. I have never really enjoyed short hair as much as I do now. I think it’s because last time I had short hair, i didn’t know how to take care of it, and i loathed it so much.

There is just one thing missing from my life.. and that’s my “long” hair. I miss being able to do ponytails and buns so much, and it just seems like my hair is always in my face when I go outside on a windy day. That’s just my life right now ;(

lapushka
February 15th, 2019, 04:01 PM
I’m feeling really content with where I am at the moment. I have never really enjoyed short hair as much as I do now. I think it’s because last time I had short hair, i didn’t know how to take care of it, and i loathed it so much.

There is just one thing missing from my life.. and that’s my “long” hair. I miss being able to do ponytails and buns so much, and it just seems like my hair is always in my face when I go outside on a windy day. That’s just my life right now ;(

Enjoy the color! I think it looks awesome on you. I'm glad you could have it corrected.

I know my mom is very happy with the Syoss dye, always has been & still is, and I feel a bit guilty for always talking about it because now you've tried the brand/bleach and it didn't work out well for you. :flower: Just wanted to say sorry.

gustavonut
February 15th, 2019, 04:25 PM
Enjoy the color! I think it looks awesome on you. I'm glad you could have it corrected.

I know my mom is very happy with the Syoss dye, always has been & still is, and I feel a bit guilty for always talking about it because now you've tried the brand/bleach and it didn't work out well for you. :flower: Just wanted to say sorry.

Hey thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. Really, my roots turned out great, and it was the way that I applied it/had help from my
fiancť which is why it turned out the way it did. But all in all, if my hair was completely virgin with no other dye in it beforehand, it would have most likely been perfect. :) so I thank you for the review! I would honestly try it again.

tekla
February 19th, 2019, 09:28 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and posting for the first time (also, English is not my first language so I'm sorry that it's not very fluent). Currently I have a short bob and I'm trying to grow it to BSL length or longer (unless I get bored and chop it off sooner, that has happened a few times before! :D). I thought that documenting the process will make me see the progress and help keep the faith. Pictures are taken yesterday and shows my starting point. Color is my natural color.

EDIT. I removed broken photo links

tekla
February 19th, 2019, 09:37 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and posting for the first time (also, English is not my first language so I'm sorry that it's not very fluent). Currently I have a short bob and I'm trying to grow it to BSL length or longer (unless I get bored and chop it off sooner, that has happened a few times before! :D). I thought that documenting the process will make me see the progress and help keep the faith. Pictures are taken yesterday and show my starting point. Color is my natural color.

Oops, the pictures won't show. Maybe the links will work?
https://aijaa.com/MkxDff
https://aijaa.com/VW5Bjg

klmt
February 19th, 2019, 10:40 AM

The links worked for me! I love your color, such a rich chocolate brown.

tekla
February 19th, 2019, 12:35 PM
The links worked for me! I love your color, such a rich chocolate brown.

Thanks! It's funny how natural color looks so different in different lighting. In those pictures it indeed looks chocolate brown but in sunlight it's much lighter, almost strawberry blonde with reddish pigment. At summer the top layer of hair gets very light and looks almost as if I've had it highlighted. :)

Agava
February 21st, 2019, 02:29 PM
Tekla, I had the same haircut and length in September and now my hair is SL. I had only one mini trim in November, about 2-3mm, to even the ends that were making my hemline uneven.
Good luck with growing! :)

lapushka
February 21st, 2019, 04:59 PM
Hey thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. Really, my roots turned out great, and it was the way that I applied it/had help from my
fiancť which is why it turned out the way it did. But all in all, if my hair was completely virgin with no other dye in it beforehand, it would have most likely been perfect. :) so I thank you for the review! I would honestly try it again.

Aw I'm glad it wasn't a total disaster then. :) :flower:

Ylva
February 21st, 2019, 05:02 PM

Gorgeous hair! Looks so thick and shiny! :)

tekla
February 22nd, 2019, 02:36 AM
Gorgeous hair! Looks so thick and shiny! :)

Thank you so much! I had a period of hair loss about two years ago but now it's starting to look and feel like my "old" hair again. I had a trim two weeks ago and the stylist said that there's still a lot of new hair growing. I just hope that won't have hair loss again and I'll be able to grow long(ish) healthy and thick hair.

Tekla, I had the same haircut and length in September and now my hair is SL. I had only one mini trim in November, about 2-3mm, to even the ends that were making my hemline uneven.
Good luck with growing! :)

Thanks for sharing, that gives me motivation to keep going. Your hair looks amazing in the avatar! Time goes by so slowly when you're growing your hair, but six months or so really isn't that long. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself. :D

Agava
February 22nd, 2019, 02:35 PM
For me was not a problem because I like bob haircut in all variation, so I enjoyed while growing. But the only thing is, when I get "tired" of long bob that is hard to keep perfectly neat, I just cut it to short, because I don't have patience to wait to reach some new lengths.
This time I said no trimming at all . Thanks to many motivating experiences on this forum, I know I'll have long hair again.
Btw profile pic is from December. My hair is now even longer. :)