PDA

View Full Version : Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Shanawavy
June 18th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Mrstran you are welcome!
Fred I saw a woman in the park today with a medieval look to her hair (which was at WL). So envious!

Hair is flipping like mad at the moment but a squeeze of honey in my conditioner is helping to keep it tamed. Although I love coconut oil it makes my hair brittle.

ameliasuzanne
June 19th, 2017, 11:06 PM
I've been absent from LHC for the last few months, but today is my 1 year anniversary of buzzing off all my hair! So I was inspired to check back in.

Recently I reached a chin-length bob, so I guess I've graduated from the "super shorties" thread to here :D

Almost all of my funky layers are grown out (I've trimmed along the way, or else my longer layers would have more length, but I had to keep things at least semi-even) and I do currently have some funky waves that are growing out into weird flippy ends, but overall I'm really happy with the progress and where it's at.

_fred_
June 20th, 2017, 01:06 AM
Shanawavy And no I have secondhand hair envy, that sounds so lovely!

I've not tried honey in conditioner, I'm tempted now though. I keep meaning to try a SMT (I have so many aloes in my house!), but I haven't got around to it yet.

ameliasuzanne Welcome! And happy anniversary! :cheer:

Shanawavy
June 21st, 2017, 02:07 AM
ameliasuzanne you have good timing! Happy growing! :)

Fred I need to do an SMT too as my hair has dried out a bit in this heatwave (which is over already where I live!)

_fred_
June 21st, 2017, 02:03 PM
Shanawavy I hope it helps! Mine's done similar.

_fred_
June 24th, 2017, 01:09 AM
OK, I think I'm gonna call it.

When it's wet, it's just past collarbone. This isn't the best pic - if I'd bothered to comb out my hair it'd be clearer! But hopefully you can see the curl lying kinda in the hollow of my collarbone (I'm one of these people with kinda prominent collarbones, so yay for easily accessible body markers!).

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/OTb-bynczlys7NqaOjwAu4WeX5bVuIq8Shfata3TUvcHzSZFzNERpi gPtAx2J_OyIdLAB0QFek-WDFazrJRAocp6AICA9blblcAMSsQO5MEQ-Thp6gTafppbz6gDqzNJxPfAB_e_IfmFKM6P5xILw-PkGYrGD47ys9QWMRgGSid4CZofsMqJxwJZFIMSxFfc-FU4AXFX2Le4PswNEIj--Z9drNEgxPgMNXg6R9NgM30r9WCRL087o_OOJa5dyG-RiOF8N4AfUu4OoAJBgR3fB3U0c-bepIsPFt_7rTy8kcd9qGGuw46LlhfAyXCuQLWoW2R0qqAZjuFe qSoEZ02f42M6iWtUrRY66JYsbm8Bt7c_0joe81iSVUAPfetLtZ nn1sVFYfCp-WtM_MYyv7BCSas1lYL_V5m9XDudcHVlI7pzjF4U6veg8bn6m2k fvPdU9wbzZ_XoHhJnmP4cazR1EwUZeMcyrvcTQKTkCOuC3103n h0fjW1TzFTf5qo1mUHFRWYDET6Z33nX6abRmfvos1-XHGfzX3nHG0VOinMD3Qyb7XWhfQw9a3xNXPkiufhSgEOA4XKSm Mg-UUec_WVT144BzKIGuRlLrc1mszy_c7r_J0Tf8nKqjxyWnPjcnR NSe6gc-rOIj_Tmji7UQWb5W6onsGQEyWpqemI19CqRXQ=w365-h486-no

Dry, it's definitely resting on my shoulders, getting in the way of cardigan collars, tucking itself under my dress straps and being a general nuisance when down. :happydance:

These two pics were taken at the same time - I love how the light changes the colour! The pink is the closest to how it actually is right now. The flick at the back is thanks to the teeny tiny bun I can finally keep it in at work! Makes it flick like crazy when it's down, but it gets it out of the way and the ends are all covered.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ijkkveQYqkAeuFHSdJuhXA5dy2zD-lJ86MaJE1GXnP0aeQPlTXLXrpcwoRN_lg_5KEeX1eGlhuQHbmy 2NWIuyFmh2Dkxzbh7ABkm-9zvbIWE4qmIeJLO7f7AYArAEiLzRhLO75BWRA3vN1pPAR8Pmz7 HMg_CdAcRP087QYB8Ez2QAgYe30xW_ehoTGEsN1zWzKfZ8plrl zOmlOOHl6M5AnkwfFZNbuuMFEOzfiCvXNvXGLmkUHOBJmU7HYi K6vY4YQHavv4Ie8YLtawK1ETsVdA6QMdwgf2ip22pHvYxQI_qs r1mGOdPk_LKFQWHSp-fX47SLmdko22pfpThJNPBc2JxUVT3vwsCY4aXQhG0vp8mvu34F RzNe3Hv14hfP7Ec-xl9C1ROwunfebs2I8Z1uTwDUXtzWiDJ4Kqzd-3u-aoeg6HfSmO74yHBkhemuFAAvKtpPASG6941WUnbVmtjlaj_WtD UoVL54kX7Aapm3164C5mGP8VdHzoKLh7afUYd7PxzGzGbZQUFJ dolPOX9WcFlqynLqIZafPYHPp5nKGji5oqEx22Z-Gbjg7EcADvwiD5V1JO9ToTm0UFUwRjAQsYV7D7EaywJfjRyF_R Qtx7KA0lKku9v60qfvqnM9ywxIR9MLXzYrRbk5PX_MJmgUgjsy 0Obmr67oBmk-NTJLg=w365-h486-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/e6ada2mBt1BH2z62ldGRuRNRY7nAiDqb8JeydqRTtBYNXDqq3D 2stKemQUzgnG3ubMpPUKSIreWYwyxWj8uGmosZfSmqzlyhQsTT a8S3Rq1kFBfu5s45FWLxGPkSFB0zCIR6J76g9qgKleoz7XwCz4 kf9E9jhwaQz7GL9P8cun3B16y6wAJ8qhQJhrSTC18yrHLzJc0b KzWNIvs03tiS5W2-KOIXHckQbd6zqnyGzepnM3m4QNlOG3OPIFSqIhOzXWELTgEe4l ESUzLRy0njGRMu3cgOzTVWQRMGZYZC1Xb9ocXNU48kqcgLmMKe 3NIm7PIZBKb7K-POnh7rNOjtcqDZev0rSih3GSj_VUcJ-bdQGVOHz1N1rLOGTHVmMHvlOEieDgfolthrT3qUlHu52HICwdw 64F-0Yl4m0HXPZdTeXHdZqwTHIR6Lpe-4VEXwU_il1JYpft-n3Esu2QP2YlobslNCHeek4yv5keDue3zTOtoN1KmQb9z7Ewv3T XWC2PKSAQNgIcwf9yI4zX1MQrf2XULkDfVz17ZPTH3pqoV1T8a Qx7BNS7T7wtJDddDxq5HJfIUiZQAGvXkI2m00J2eTf3J1YXOU4 TocoZebx9IP1rkv5YdzWzRBUlFtQ2E0yJMshcPL1rbFg8Y4XS1 6tH2GoyB4q2TiX6p6cmm6TQ=w365-h486-no

So I guess I'm graduating the thread. I'm still totally cheering you all on though :cheer:

Shanawavy
June 24th, 2017, 03:25 AM
Congratulations Fred :applause
Your hair looks in great condition - and what a pretty colour!
Mine is shoulder when wet. I have a couple of months to go...not long now!

Renora25
June 24th, 2017, 08:46 AM
Hello All! I have recently decided to try to grow my hair out once again after a big chop from BSL to pixie-like with an undercut in April 2016. So far, after 2 other major cuts, I am at chin length, if not a bit below that. Chin measures as 15" on me with collarbone/shoulder being 18". I am really hoping this thread can help me be not as frustrated about growing out my hair from the last time I tried.
Cheers to good growth!

Shanawavy
June 24th, 2017, 10:03 AM
Welcome Renora25 and happy growing! If you find yourself wavering, just post here. I was on the verge of cutting even shorter recently, but have found the friendliness and helpfulness of the posters here have kept me growing instead. :waving: Maybe think about joining one of the no trimming threads?

AndreaNOR
June 24th, 2017, 12:03 PM
I just had a 4 cm haircut, I was at collarbone :/ I was so silly to bleach my hair!

Shanawavy
June 24th, 2017, 12:51 PM
I hear you AndreaNOR :flowers: I did the same thing last year. Your hair will grow again! And the new growth will be in better condition.

AndreaNOR
June 24th, 2017, 02:04 PM
Yes, it will. I still have a few cm before the bleach is gone. Not sure if I'll cut it as well in some months or see how it goes.

_fred_
June 25th, 2017, 01:45 AM
Congratulations Fred :applause
Your hair looks in great condition - and what a pretty colour!
Mine is shoulder when wet. I have a couple of months to go...not long now!

Thank you! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :D

Melisandre
June 25th, 2017, 02:31 AM
Time to check back in here! My hair is currently in the flipping up at the bottom stage, making it look way shorter than it is.
When I pull it straight down it almost reaches my shoulder, I think I can call it in a month.
I have a birthmark/freckle on my left shoulder, if you look closely you can see it, that's where shoulders is for me :D
I have about an inch left. Summer weather makes my hair grow crazy fast though.

I wear it up in either an half-up or a teeny tiny stubby ponytail with a few pieces in my nape still not reaching the elastic :(

I forgot a progress photo in May:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27747&d=1498377592

Renora25
June 25th, 2017, 07:27 AM
Welcome Renora25 and happy growing! If you find yourself wavering, just post here. I was on the verge of cutting even shorter recently, but have found the friendliness and helpfulness of the posters here have kept me growing instead. :waving: Maybe think about joining one of the no trimming threads?

I just joined the no trimming thread for the second half of the year! Hopefully I can stick to it for the whole challenge. Time will tell. Happy growing!

BloomShine18
June 26th, 2017, 07:07 AM
Hello all :) So I was in the Shoulder to APL group for a bit and then vanished. After a crazy whim to go light, my hair was damage city so I chopped :( I'm sitting right around the bump at the top of my back for now. Hoping to grow grow grow!

Silverbleed
June 27th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Time to check back in here! My hair is currently in the flipping up at the bottom stage, making it look way shorter than it is.
When I pull it straight down it almost reaches my shoulder, I think I can call it in a month.
I have a birthmark/freckle on my left shoulder, if you look closely you can see it, that's where shoulders is for me :D
I have about an inch left. Summer weather makes my hair grow crazy fast though.

I wear it up in either an half-up or a teeny tiny stubby ponytail with a few pieces in my nape still not reaching the elastic :(

I forgot a progress photo in May:
[photo]
I like how your hair starts to change in the last picture.
It's growing really fast!

Renora25
July 1st, 2017, 08:45 AM
Alright, So I decided to start with the length pictures again because I am a visual person. Here is my length as of today:
http://imgur.com/9SZXZk5

Also first time posting a picture so hopefully that worked.

It measures at 15" from the front over the head. ( I think that is LHC standards) If that is right, Shoulder is 18".

Renora25
July 1st, 2017, 09:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/9SZXZk5.jpg?1

Alright, I don't think I can edit my previous post but this one seems to be working.

ameliasuzanne
July 2nd, 2017, 11:58 PM
My hair is doing that annoying flip-up-ends thing on my neck. We're having very hot weather here and I'm desperate to reach the point where my hair will all reach a ponytail! :(

I probably need a trim, but I'm trying to put it off as much as possible because I really want to hang onto every bit of growth right now...

Melisandre
July 3rd, 2017, 01:00 AM
My hair is doing that annoying flip-up-ends thing on my neck. We're having very hot weather here and I'm desperate to reach the point where my hair will all reach a ponytail! :(

I probably need a trim, but I'm trying to put it off as much as possible because I really want to hang onto every bit of growth right now...

My hair still flips up and I'm almost at shoulders. But being able to put it in a ponytail really helps. Hang in there!

Shanawavy
July 4th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Good luck AndreaNor!
Welcome BloomShine18 and Renora25 - your hair looks in very nice condition.
[Melisandre I will echo Silverbleed lovely shiny hair!
Ameliasuzanne I will also join the 'flip' club. Not only is my hair flipping up at the ends...my cheekbone length layers are also flipping up and outwards! :taz:

Renora25
July 8th, 2017, 05:13 PM
Thank you! I hope it does. Damage was the reason I chopped it off about a year and a half ago. Frizzy crazy ends. I hope it doesn't damage too much before I can put it in a braid. My hair seems to hold grudges and damages easily.

Shanawavy
July 9th, 2017, 03:05 AM
It's weird how hair takes on a life of its own sometimes!
It looks like we have similar hair types. Does your hair like shea butter? My ends absorb it well. They also like almond oil. I can't quite braid my hair at the moment due to layers, but when it's a bit longer, I'm going to try securing the braid with a claw clip instead of an elastic. This might be easier on the ends. Keep growing, you look to be nearly at shoulder!

MERMAIDED
July 9th, 2017, 04:08 AM
Haven't been on the forums for a while now, but I'm still growing towards shoulder... All these layers are really annoying :( Can't wait to be one length shoulder. :D

Renora25
July 9th, 2017, 08:25 AM
It's weird how hair takes on a life of its own sometimes!
It looks like we have similar hair types. Does your hair like shea butter? My ends absorb it well. They also like almond oil. I can't quite braid my hair at the moment due to layers, but when it's a bit longer, I'm going to try securing the braid with a claw clip instead of an elastic. This might be easier on the ends. Keep growing, you look to be nearly at shoulder!

I have about an inch left or so. But my hair likes to do a flippy thing at shoulder so it might take a little longer :p.

Shanawavy
July 9th, 2017, 08:41 AM
Haven't been on the forums for a while now, but I'm still growing towards shoulder... All these layers are really annoying :( Can't wait to be one length shoulder. :D Hang in there! You will get there. :) Just think of those nice smooth blunt ends...
I've decided to grow to APL and then see if I still want layers. They are looking uneven at the moment. The layers on one side of my head are trying to catch up. The layers on the other side are just saying 'Meh'.

Shanawavy
July 9th, 2017, 08:42 AM
I have about an inch left or so. But my hair likes to do a flippy thing at shoulder so it might take a little longer :p. Ha you and me both! If I comb my hair too much when drying it flips like mad. I'm trying to leave it alone!

Renora25
July 9th, 2017, 08:48 AM
Ha you and me both! If I comb my hair too much when drying it flips like mad. I'm trying to leave it alone!

It is so hard not to play with it right now! When it was long, I could throw it up in a braid and not touch it all day. Now I am constantly brushing it out of my face, or tying it up in a half up.

Obsidian
July 9th, 2017, 09:15 AM
I keep my chin length hair clipped back in a half up most of the time. I use a ficcare and do a type of peacock twist then I use snap clips to tame any loose bits.

Eas693
July 9th, 2017, 10:20 AM
I haven't posted anywhere on this page in awhile. I've been lurking again. It's my third time trying to grow my hair out after a child cut it short. It was a real awakening because I wasn't really taking great care of it. I'm just passing chin length and no matter what I do it's dry. I don't use heat, or chemicals (henna only), I don't brush my hair wet, I used a sulfate free shampoo and a cone free conditioner, I've done light to heavy oilings with numerous oils, I sleep wrapped in silk, and yet my ends are dry and splits keep coming. I take a bunch of vitamins and have seen advances in how fast my hair is growing as well. Yesterday I tried a shampoo bar for the first time and I am hoping it works! I don't want to have to chop it off again I want to get passed chin length so badly!

dollyfish
July 9th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Yet another lurker popping back in! I was active here a few years back. Returning again because I did a Big Chop (myself, in the bathroom, impulsively--UGH!) recently. Loved the haircut for a month, now I hate it again. I'm coming back to LHC to try to learn how to style my hair at this length and get enthused about it. I'm growing my hair out right now, but my *~real goal~* is to learn to love it even while it's short like this!!

saff.cel
July 9th, 2017, 06:17 PM
Hello! I just cut four inches and several layers out of my hair on the 2nd of July. I was trying to get it so that I'll be able to trim it myself at some point and to get the bleach out of the ends. I had had my hair cut in a pixie and dyed red in winter of 2016, I bleached my whole head to get the red out so I could go back to my natural color, and I've still got about two inches of bleached hair left. Right now we're at mid-neck length, but I'm so sad I can't put it up in a chignon anymore. I can pull it into a low pony at the nape of my neck, but I'm not doing it so as not to damage it. It's a bit of a hard transition having to wear it down all the time.

Shanawavy
July 11th, 2017, 04:32 AM
It is so hard not to play with it right now! When it was long, I could throw it up in a braid and not touch it all day. Now I am constantly brushing it out of my face, or tying it up in a half up.

I'm nearly shoulder as well and am also finding it tricky at this length. I do use claw clips but have to be very careful of the hinges. Spin pins, even mini ones, require a lot of twisting. I'm on a search for a mini hair fork with three or four prongs - that might work!

Shanawavy
July 11th, 2017, 04:47 AM
Happy growing everyone!
I saw that some of you are at chin length. When I was at chin length (back in January) I did braid waves quite a lot to change things up (there are lots of threads on braid waves in these forums). I can't do them now - my hair is nearly at shoulder, and braid waves make my hair go into a triangle shape. :o
I also used to put the front up a lot. This I also can't do now, as my bangs are too long, which results in a flat look.
What I'm trying to say is enjoy being chin length - you might find ideas in the super-shorties thread as well!

Sympathies also to those of you with dry hair. Maybe have a look at the threads about protein/moisture balance.
I was on holiday two weeks ago and used a lightening treatment on my hair before I went. I pre-pooed with coconut oil, and did protein treatments afterwards, but my hair started feeling dry a few days later. The only shampoo to hand in the hotel was one that was too harsh on my hair. When I got back from holiday my hair was very dry. :(
Since then I've been diluting my shampoo, using baby oil as a rinse out, shea butter on my ends, and doing ACV rinses and SMTs - plus treating my hair super gently - this is helping, but it might take a few months to see a real difference.

hairaddiction
July 11th, 2017, 07:04 PM
I'm just finally hitting the chin stage this month, growing out from my last pixie cut back in December of '16. Hullo everyone!

What up-dos can you manage, if any?
Tiny peacock twist, twin French/Dutch braids, tiny pony tail. That's about it, I think.

And how do you do them?
Very patiently, but just like you'd normally do them honestly. I have thinnish hair so I have to take a LOT of time and care to do braids, so my arms get quite the workout.

What is your final goal length?
I'm honestly not sure. I lost a lot of thickness due to a medication I no longer take, so I don't know how long it can grow and still look decent. I'm hoping for at least BSL, but would be happy for MB or WL.

How do you style hair that is not that short, yet still definitely not long?
I have a strange sort of pseudo-bang type thing left over from my asymmetrical pixie, so I wind up putting my long bits behind my ears and sweeping the bangs to the side a bit in front of my ears. They rest on my glasses in a way that makes them curve to the side sharply. It's goofy, but it'll do for now. It's my normal look because I'm lazy.

Shanawavy
July 15th, 2017, 02:32 AM
I'm just finally hitting the chin stage this month, growing out from my last pixie cut back in December of '16. Hullo everyone!

What up-dos can you manage, if any?
Tiny peacock twist, twin French/Dutch braids, tiny pony tail. That's about it, I think.

And how do you do them?
Very patiently, but just like you'd normally do them honestly. I have thinnish hair so I have to take a LOT of time and care to do braids, so my arms get quite the workout.

What is your final goal length?
I'm honestly not sure. I lost a lot of thickness due to a medication I no longer take, so I don't know how long it can grow and still look decent. I'm hoping for at least BSL, but would be happy for MB or WL.

How do you style hair that is not that short, yet still definitely not long?
I have a strange sort of pseudo-bang type thing left over from my asymmetrical pixie, so I wind up putting my long bits behind my ears and sweeping the bangs to the side a bit in front of my ears. They rest on my glasses in a way that makes them curve to the side sharply. It's goofy, but it'll do for now. It's my normal look because I'm lazy.

Happy growing and congrats on joining the chin to shoulder thread! It's great that you can do a few different styles already.

Shanawavy
July 24th, 2017, 02:18 AM
I'm calling shoulder! My longest layers are shoulder. I don't want to grow the layers out yet as they shape my hair nicely (when I've done my hair routine properly).
Sorry no pics, my phone is ancient. I need a new one!
The longer my hair has got, the less inclined I've felt to rush out and get it cut back to chin. I have put too much effort into looking after my hair to conform at this stage.
Happy growing!

doodlebug66
July 28th, 2017, 07:02 AM
Well I am back to growing out again. Cut it into chin length bob thinking it would be cooler. Was down to my bra strap. So the growing out again. Good Luck everyone growing.

Growingit
July 28th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Hello everyone 😊 I'm new to the community & growing my hair out. I shaved it bald about 3 years ago (for a fundraiser) and have been trying to grow it out since. I've been cursed with bad haircuts, medicine (caused massive hair loss) & terrible trims/cuts & dye jobs since. My hair is at my neck. I'm so happy I found this group & this feed. I just canceled my color job for Tuesday. I recently started going every 4-6 weeks and the stylist kept cutting my hair without saying anything! You all are motivation ❤️

Renora25
July 28th, 2017, 05:27 PM
Hello everyone �� I'm new to the community & growing my hair out. I shaved it bald about 3 years ago (for a fundraiser) and have been trying to grow it out since. I've been cursed with bad haircuts, medicine (caused massive hair loss) & terrible trims/cuts & dye jobs since. My hair is at my neck. I'm so happy I found this group & this feed. I just canceled my color job for Tuesday. I recently started going every 4-6 weeks and the stylist kept cutting my hair without saying anything! You all are motivation ❤️

Welcome and happy growing! :)

Growingit
July 28th, 2017, 05:29 PM

Thank you 😊

Renora25
July 29th, 2017, 07:27 PM
Out of curiosity, how many of us do deep conditioning/pre-poo oiling? I am trying one tonight (overnight) and am interested in everyone's experience.

Growingit
July 29th, 2017, 08:47 PM
Out of curiosity, how many of us do deep conditioning/pre-poo oiling? I am trying one tonight (overnight) and am interested in everyone's experience.

I do deep condition just not my roots. I feel like my hair sheds so much more with with oil.

Gillian1978
August 1st, 2017, 03:58 AM
I think I belong in this thread as my hair is less pixie more of an inverted bob shape( short at back long at front and on top)I used to have lovely long hair but cutit due to bleach damage. I'm desperate to grow my hair to shoulders so I have at least something to play with .i really hate this awful stage as I can only get the top half up in a pathetic ponytail. Most days I clip the front up with a Kirby or barrette. Will be nice to speak to others who are at this stage of there growth journey!

ameliasuzanne
August 6th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Been lurking for the past couple of months, just busy with life and waiting for my hair to grow... it's creeping down my neck towards my shoulders and the bottom layers are almost there! Braids are becoming more successful as it grows, as are ponytails -- although a half-up pony/bun is still my go to easy style for work to keep it out of my face. I can do a real ponytail now if I have a headband, though if I'm active it'll just fall down anyway.

Still just inching away, bit by bit...

D1dubs
August 11th, 2017, 07:19 PM
Hello! I am joining! My last trim was 19 May 17. Well, it was a cut into a chin length inverted bob. I've had the same cut for four years, and have failed at several attempts to grow it out. I stopped dying it red about a year ago, but I've still been blow drying and flat ironing all summer. I can FINALLY get into a tiny pony tail to keep it out of my face, but need loads of hair spray to put it into a bun (I'm in the military). I know hair spray isn't the best for my hair, but it has to be better than heat, right?

I have about one inch of natural (ashy brown) growth (took a while to get the red out!) and my 1C/2A hair loooks crazy when it air dries. I've been wearing hats or braids a lot when I'm not at work. My goal is BSL, maybe waist if I can keep it healthy! :p

Stray_mind
August 13th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Hello, i'm regrowing my hair, wich is currently chin lenght in the front and... very short in the back :D
My hair also has layers, so i expect it to be a difficult period of regrowth, but i'll survive somehow.

Here's my current lenght.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/SAM_0269_zpslujr5q7k.jpg

Stray_mind
August 13th, 2017, 12:27 PM

I do pre-poo oiling once in a while. I keep my hair drenched in coconut oil overnight and then wash it out. My hair seems to like coconut oil. It becomes extremely soft and shiny, despite me using semi permanent chemical hair dye on it.

my2cats1
August 13th, 2017, 02:54 PM
i started pre-poo oiling again since I've decided to grow it long again. I've been using Nightblooming Panacea for several hours before shampoo.

anyone having a hard time stretching washes at the legnth? the longest I can wait is every other day.

Renora25
August 13th, 2017, 06:04 PM
i started pre-poo oiling again since I've decided to grow it long again. I've been using Nightblooming Panacea for several hours before shampoo.

anyone having a hard time stretching washes at the legnth? the longest I can wait is every other day.

I have never heard of Nightblooming Panacea. What is that? As for stretching washes, the longest I can make it is 3 days. Especially when it is a workout day.

my2cats1
August 13th, 2017, 08:01 PM
I have never heard of Nightblooming Panacea. What is that?.

It's a wonderful treatment that can be used on either dry hair as a pre-poo or freshly washed hair as a leave in. You can use the search function to find several discussion threads on it or go direct to Nightblooming's store on etsy. https://www.etsy.com/shop/NightBlooming

Gillian1978
August 14th, 2017, 08:38 AM
I'm having trouble stretching washes too as by day 2 my hair is an oily mess:(. Really can't wait to grow this bob out and have my long flowing hair again. My hair feels like a helmet at the moment and I really hate it . Thank goodness I can have a moan here among other people who are trying to grow hair too!

Stray_mind
August 14th, 2017, 02:34 PM
I last untill day 3 and then i Have to wash it. It really sucks. I used to be able to go 4 or 5 days without washing my hair.

my2cats1
August 14th, 2017, 09:13 PM
what styles (if any) can you do at this length?

I can manage a half up and a very tiny, tiny stub of a ponytail. i guess the ponytail can be called a protective style because the scrunchie almost covers all the ends. ha!

paulownia
August 14th, 2017, 11:11 PM

I tried to stretch but it's just not working, I have to wash every other day... my scalp is itching and getting greasy.
I just cut off 2 inches of my hair a week ago which puts me back in chin length:/ seriously it has to be the last time. I want longer hair and I will have it!! Back to growing :)

Stray_mind
August 14th, 2017, 11:53 PM

I can manage a half up and a very tiny, tiny stub of a ponytail. i guess the ponytail can be called a protective style because the scrunchie almost covers all the ends. ha!

I can't really do anything yet, since only my hair in the front are chin lenght. My hair in the back are layered and about 2 inches long, lmao. Maybe i Could make a tiny tiny half up ponytail, but it doesn't look very good, so for now i only keep my hair loose.

Renora25
August 15th, 2017, 04:06 PM

I have only just been able to do two dutch braids. But my hair is closer to shoulder than chin (yay!). Other than that, I do half ups with a mediumish claw clip around the whole "bun".

paulownia
August 16th, 2017, 04:56 AM

I've experimented with peacock twists yesterday and manage to put my hair up in two, one on each side of my head, and it looks fun :) but most of the time I'm wearing my hair loose. At this length there is not much damage, I guess ... no need for protective styles.

Gillian1978
August 16th, 2017, 06:15 AM
I managed a tiny pony yest with the help of bobby pins! Was very pleased as this mess is driving me insane lol can't wait to watch the pony grow ;)

QuoteTheCrow
August 20th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Hi, everyone! Brand-new here, but this group is right where I need to be for now.

Started growing out from chin in late May of this year. Some tips are barely brushing against my shoulders, but most is still a bit shorter so I'll hang with you all until those pieces catch up.

No picture privileges yet but I'll update muy signature as soon as I'm able. Thanks for having me, and happy growing!

Ezusthold
August 22nd, 2017, 09:25 AM
Hi here, QuoteTheCrow, and happy growing! :):)

Ezusthold
August 22nd, 2017, 09:32 AM

:) for me the pony-in-pony (one starts at the top, one in lower, and it contains the top one's end), the dutch-in-pony (same setup: dutch braid on the top, pony at the nape of my neck, and the end of the braid is contained in the pony), pigtails (double pony) and double dutch(only those parts are braided which are laying on my head) what is working currently. Over the normal pony (side still not reaches my nape) and half updo/half updo with braid ofc :)
I'm just planning to add these "styles" into my albums, together with hair length update :)

Twig
August 25th, 2017, 02:54 PM
I did a lot of headbands, bobbies, etc.I am once again resorting to these as I am growing out bangs :-/

Stray_mind
August 26th, 2017, 03:24 AM
I managed a tiny half up ponytail today, hahaha

my2cats1
August 26th, 2017, 09:27 AM
yay! I got all my hair into one pony today when I went to the gym and it stayed! I've been looking forward to this mini milestone for a while.

my2cats1
August 26th, 2017, 09:32 AM
are any of you thinking about joining the no trim challenges? I know that is the quickest way to grow, but I wonder if I can deal with all the random layers and shapes that happen between chin and shoulder. to shape or not to shape as it grows between awkward stages - I guess that's the question.
I can imagine that once we get below shoulder it may be easier to go without trimming for shaping purposes.

Stray_mind
August 26th, 2017, 09:34 AM
are any of you thinking about joining the no trim challenges? I know that is the quickest way to grow, but I wonder if I can deal with all the random layers and shapes that happen between chin and shoulder. to shape or not to shape as it grows between awkward stages - I guess that's the question.
I can imagine that once we get below shoulder it may be easier to go without trimming for shaping purposes.

I've decided to join the No trim challenge for next year. I'll have to wait it out somehow. :D
I ordered these on ebay to help me keep my hair in place

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1e_iSKpXXXXaKXXXXq6xXFXXXU/t304-Korea-hair-accessories-Sin-Mei-branch-antlers-alloy-side-folder-fashion-personality-Princess-clip-wholesale.jpg_640x640.jpg

my2cats1
August 26th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Oh those are so cute! Way to embrace the growing stages!

Stray_mind
August 26th, 2017, 12:19 PM
Oh those are so cute! Way to embrace the growing stages!

Yeah, i'll get them next month, right on time, since my hair will start curling up in a couple of weeks or so, lmao. :lol:

Renora25
August 27th, 2017, 04:05 PM
I've decided to join the No trim challenge for next year. I'll have to wait it out somehow. :D
I ordered these on ebay to help me keep my hair in place

https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1e_iSKpXXXXaKXXXXq6xXFXXXU/t304-Korea-hair-accessories-Sin-Mei-branch-antlers-alloy-side-folder-fashion-personality-Princess-clip-wholesale.jpg_640x640.jpg

ooo those are pretty! I am currently in the no-trim second half of 2017. But I am hoping to get a little trim in December, then join the no trim 2018.

Gillian1978
August 28th, 2017, 02:13 AM
No trimming is the fastest way to grow for sure! I grew out a pixie a few years back and I just left it. Babied it and just let it be. A year later it was on my shoulders and and the layers barely noticeable. Here's hoping my hair grows as well this time. Trimming definitely slows the process a bit , but it's putting up with awkward stages that is difficult for some. We will get there though!!!

Stray_mind
September 1st, 2017, 04:18 AM
How is everyone doing? I took a pic for my monthly lenght photo project and compared to a picture i took half a month ago, my hair seems a bit longer. It also Feels longer, at least in the front. If i stretch the part which is curled up, it can almost reach the middle part of my neck :D

Renora25
September 1st, 2017, 04:56 AM
How is everyone doing? I took a pic for my monthly lenght photo project and compared to a picture i took half a month ago, my hair seems a bit longer. It also Feels longer, at least in the front. If i stretch the part which is curled up, it can almost reach the middle part of my neck :D

Congrats on the growth! I am in the same boat. My hair is doing all kinda of flippy things. It is almost shoulder if I stretch out the wavy curls. But I am trying not to call milestones until it *looks* like that length with no manipulation.

Gillian1978
September 1st, 2017, 05:25 AM
Congrats on your growth everyone. Mine is doing weird flippy things too but itsdefnately growing. My children have noticed a difference. It's just this shaped in bit at the back that I'm worried about. Has anyone grew out a shaped in at the nape graduated bob before? Thanks

OhSuzi
September 1st, 2017, 05:32 AM
I was a short crop/shaved pixie - no trims for 1 year & reached just beyond shoulder - have just had one big 4 inch trim, back to mid neck - this has gotton rid of all the layers and awkward mullety bits - now just straight forward growing!!!
Wasn't too scary having so much trimmed in one go - as I'd grown it before from pixie reasonably quickly and hair feels thicker withou the funny layers - reckon Ill be shoulder length by crimbo & can then just keep on growing.
So kind of happy to wait and kind of a little impatient - as I have never ever in my life had hair much longer than shoulder hair - can't wait for it reach the realms of real longness!!

I will say this whatever products the hairdresser used, made it super shiny & soft - but after that my hair was quickly greasy & messy.
Its taken about a month so far to get my hair used no cone shampoo / condition & stretching washes to 3 / 4 days apart again.

So I'm back to no trimming for another year and hopefully it will be long enough & neat enough next time around to just trim myself if it really needs it.

OhSuzi
September 1st, 2017, 05:35 AM
Gillian1978 - If you can I'd try to ride it out - it'll only be flippy annoying for 1 - 2 months tops! Browneyed susan who posts in super shorties had tips on how to pin up & hide awkward layers & hair that grows at different lengths.
Once it's long enough it will either start to behave or you'll have enough length to chop your hair evenly & get rid of any variation in length.

Stray_mind
September 1st, 2017, 06:13 AM
Congrats on the growth! I am in the same boat. My hair is doing all kinda of flippy things. It is almost shoulder if I stretch out the wavy curls. But I am trying not to call milestones until it *looks* like that length with no manipulation.

My hair is flipping to the front now, so i have to tuck it behind my ears all the time, which, ironically, makes my hair flip even more, hahaha. :D

paulownia
September 1st, 2017, 10:35 AM
I was a short crop/shaved pixie - no trims for 1 year & reached just beyond shoulder - have just had one big 4 inch trim, back to mid neck - this has gotton rid of all the layers and awkward mullety bits - now just straight forward growing!!!
Wasn't too scary having so much trimmed in one go - as I'd grown it before from pixie reasonably quickly and hair feels thicker withou the funny layers - reckon Ill be shoulder length by crimbo & can then just keep on growing.
So kind of happy to wait and kind of a little impatient - as I have never ever in my life had hair much longer than shoulder hair - can't wait for it reach the realms of real longness!!

I will say this whatever products the hairdresser used, made it super shiny & soft - but after that my hair was quickly greasy & messy.
Its taken about a month so far to get my hair used no cone shampoo / condition & stretching washes to 3 / 4 days apart again.

So I'm back to no trimming for another year and hopefully it will be long enough & neat enough next time around to just trim myself if it really needs it.
Well, growing out a pixie is a major pain in the ....:p I've been there! Takes a lot of patience.
Im still before shoulder length, but I hope I will get there before winter. It's been more than 3 weeks since the last cut and I see the progress !;) I've been drinking yeast all this time and now started also with nettle tea. This combo used to give me an inch in one month;)

Stray_mind
September 1st, 2017, 10:48 AM
Well, growing out a pixie is a major pain in the ....:p I've been there! Takes a lot of patience.
Im still before shoulder length, but I hope I will get there before winter. It's been more than 3 weeks since the last cut and I see the progress !;) I've been drinking yeast all this time and now started also with nettle tea. This combo used to give me an inch in one month;)

I have No hope to reach shoulder by winter, but Maybe i'll get close by the end of spring. The main goal now is to get back my thickness by growing out all those layers. :)

Lady Stardust
September 2nd, 2017, 04:35 PM
Hi everyone

I'm joining from the super shorties thread as I'm now officially at chin length following my latest trim. My hair doesn't do well if I go without trimming and I have 2-3 inches of bitty sections that aren't split but that just look tatty, so I'm going to trim them as I grow.

My plan is to trim half an inch every 3 months so I'll hopefully be at collarbone length this time next year.

I have a long neck and I find this stage of growth really awkward, my hair looks odd when it's half way between chin and shoulder length, neither here nor there. I'm looking forward to it starting to flip up when it touches my shoulders, it'll make a nice change!

Stray_mind
September 3rd, 2017, 12:57 AM
Hi everyone

I'm joining from the super shorties thread as I'm now officially at chin length following my latest trim. My hair doesn't do well if I go without trimming and I have 2-3 inches of bitty sections that aren't split but that just look tatty, so I'm going to trim them as I grow.

My plan is to trim half an inch every 3 months so I'll hopefully be at collarbone length this time next year.

I have a long neck and I find this stage of growth really awkward, my hair looks odd when it's half way between chin and shoulder length, neither here nor there. I'm looking forward to it starting to flip up when it touches my shoulders, it'll make a nice change!

AndreaNOR
September 4th, 2017, 04:19 AM
So I thought I had just a few cm of bleach left, but the damage seems to be worse than I thought. I have colored over the bleach so a bit hard to say exactly where it ends. Most of the damage is in the back of my head and I had to layer it quite a bit to get rid of most of it. I'm technically at shoulder, but I won't call it before I'm sure all the damage is done, so I can see whether I have to cut some length as well to even everything out.

AndreaNOR
September 4th, 2017, 04:20 AM
I also had to trim my bangs from jaw to right under my nose, cause there was a part of it with severe breakage 😥

AndreaNOR
September 4th, 2017, 04:24 AM
Sorry for triple posting. Basically I have a lot of stretchy hair in the back, and it actually came after I started using Redken extreme anti snap?? I don't understand why it would come after starting using protein? Do you guys think I should clarify?

WillOTree
September 4th, 2017, 06:43 PM
I am joining this thread! I cut from APL which i just hit to chin, it's a short bob essentially. It gives me the opportunity to grow out a cut with some shape to it. Planning on trimming the back to avoid a mullety look since they shaved the bottom inch, one trim to even out the bottom and cut out the slight layering. Hopefully I'll be able to cut the layers and bangs at the same time, then happy growing!

The stretch to APL was grueling and i was impatient, but i feel soooo much better starting with something resembling an actual style, rather than trying to grow out hairloss regrowth (twice!) with a buzzcut. It lays better, the ends feel better, and the hair in front is not a flyaway mess. Yay!

valkyrie90
September 5th, 2017, 04:39 AM
Dunno if I'm eligible for this thread. I have been growing out a side shave since April . So now it's kinda a pixie but it looks insanely awkward. I can hide it easily, though as the rest of my hair is BSL I think. Hopefully I can make it thru the awkward stage without shaving it off again . I miss having more thickness.

Stray_mind
September 9th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Welcome to all the new members and happy growing :)
My hair at my nape seems to have grown about half a centimeter since i took my picture for monthly growth photo project. I also did henna a week ago and i can already see tiny roots comming in. I hope i get a growth spurt and reach as far as i can in the remaining months, then i'll trim on december 30'th and will join the no trimming challenge for next year.

my2cats1
September 9th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Any plans to change your haircare routine now that the seasons are changing?

I think mine grows more slowly in winter, so I plan to be vigilant about water, nutrients, and exercise. I'll continue to use my satin pillowcase and pre-poo coconut oil on my ends. I've been good about avoiding heat styling, and I know that will be more of a challenge during the cold months...perhaps I'll switch to washing at night so it will have time to airdry.

What about you?

Stray_mind
September 9th, 2017, 11:14 PM

I think mine grows more slowly in winter, so I plan to be vigilant about water, nutrients, and exercise. I'll continue to use my satin pillowcase and pre-poo coconut oil on my ends. I've been good about avoiding heat styling, and I know that will be more of a challenge during the cold months...perhaps I'll switch to washing at night so it will have time to airdry.

What about you?

I will do the same. I already take supplements for my skin and hair, and i'll continue to do so during the cold season.
My shampoo and conditioner are slowly going to an end so i'll get ones that would be suitable for autumn/winter air.

Renora25
September 10th, 2017, 07:02 AM

What about you?

I haven't really explored a change in routine for the winter (though I know my skin gets dryer). What things do you all think can help encourage healthy hair in the winter?

Stray_mind
September 10th, 2017, 07:30 AM
I haven't really explored a change in routine for the winter (though I know my skin gets dryer). What things do you all think can help encourage healthy hair in the winter?

I think moisturising and keeping it covered/ put up if possible. I'll try to get a soft winter cap to cover my hair.

my2cats1
September 10th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Yes, choosing a soft winter hat is a good idea - I should look.

I think I'll get a humidifier, too. When I've used one in past winters I think it helped my skin, so perhaps my scalp will like it, too.

I think keeping up the exercise and nutrition will be key for me. I tend to slow down in the winter (hair growth included!) and I would like to keep my growth rate as close to my faster summer rate as possible.

Stray_mind
September 10th, 2017, 11:12 AM
Yes, choosing a soft winter hat is a good idea - I should look.

I think I'll get a humidifier, too. When I've used one in past winters I think it helped my skin, so perhaps my scalp will like it, too.

I think keeping up the exercise and nutrition will be key for me. I tend to slow down in the winter (hair growth included!) and I would like to keep my growth rate as close to my faster summer rate as possible.

I'll try my best to excercise and eat healthy (-er).... Too, lol.

I don't remember what my actual growth rate in winter is but iirc, it doesn't change much..However, winter air dries out my hair terribly so a humidifier of some sort would really help.

Edit:

Today is exactly one month after my last hair cut and this is my progress

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/2017-09-13_202708_zps6pgmtjno.jpg

my2cats1
September 17th, 2017, 07:35 PM
I think I might hit SL by the end of 2017. Anybody with me? We can do this! Gonna baby the ends and avoid heat and chemicals.

Shoulder length by New Years Eve 2017!!! :cheese:

Stray_mind
September 18th, 2017, 12:22 AM
I think I might hit SL by the end of 2017. Anybody with me? We can do this! Gonna baby the ends and avoid heat and chemicals.

Not gonna happen for me i'm afraid.
But i'll be rooting for you!

Renora25
September 18th, 2017, 04:29 AM

I think I am going to hit shoulder length before but I do need a trim at the end of the year. So I might be shoulder length by the new year too!

OhSuzi
October 16th, 2017, 11:47 AM
YAAAS! Reckon Ill get to proper shoulder by December 2017!
Some of my hair juuust nearly tickling the shoulder now
depending on position of my head & how curly its behaving that day.
December will be full on Defo Should Length Forrealz though!!!

Then a year more of growing and getting somewhere I might actually begin to consider calling the start of long hair!

Sending you all hair grow vibes xxxx

OhSuzi
October 16th, 2017, 11:56 AM
stray_mind - you might have a little longer to wait but the hair you got so far looks shiny & luscious!

Stray_mind
October 16th, 2017, 12:22 PM
stray_mind - you might have a little longer to wait but the hair you got so far looks shiny & luscious!

Thank you. My hair is pretty shapeless though with all the layers :D

The ends are getting very flippy and i can clearly see and feel the growth. It's been only two months since i came back here and my hair at the back is already covering about half of my neck :)

I think i should hit shoulder lenght in spring for sure.

Here are my progress pics. Also as you can see, most of my chemical dye has washed away and all that's left is dark red Henna:

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/2017-10-16_180922_zpscclwmgrp.jpg

MissMuse
October 23rd, 2017, 03:21 AM
Hi all,
Newbie here :)
I joined for support as I'm at that dreaded stage of growing out a short haircut. It was pretty much pixie at the start of the year and mid year decided to go long. It is now basically chin length... although it's super thick so I can't get away with any cute hairstyles as it just doesn't sit right.So I'm stuck with hairbands and bobby pins.
I've always had long hair, as the length weighs it down enough to control the thickness, and I really enjoyed it shoer but miss my long hair.
Hoping by xmas it's long enough to put up without any bobby pins!!

Lady Stardust
October 23rd, 2017, 03:40 AM
Hello and welcome!

This is an irritating length when your hair doesn't sit right isn't it. Mine is the same, I need length to weigh it down to stop it flicking out all over the place. Mine is fine though and average thickness so I have the same problem as you but for different reasons!

Luckily this stage won't last forever :-)

Happy growing!

OhSuzi
October 23rd, 2017, 04:01 AM
Hopefully if your going by the average growth rate, about an inch longer by mid Dec.

or if you're brave & don't mind it taking a bit more time to get there, keep it chin length but ask a hair dressers to thin it out / give you a style you'll be happy growing out.

Tricky one as there's the risk of a scissor happy hairdresser who gets rid of all your progress.
But as hair takes approx 2-3 yrs before it even starts looking long long, you might want it to look 'styled' & nice and be managable during some of that time.

I pushed through one year of ok / weird mullety pixie to layeredy long & then finally had a chop - day 1 loved the new style & relieved that my hair was a bit more manageable & styled without having to hide weird long / short sections.
After a while, there is that sort of longing for it to grow long & have I chopped too much off fear, I 've undone 2 - 3 months progress feeling.
But that's partly because the chop made your hair very prominent in your mind again and after 2 months have passed & your back to the length you sort of were before but in a much neater way it's all good & positive again - your less conscious of your hair again & ready to just let it do it's growin.

MissMuse
October 24th, 2017, 12:51 AM
Thank you for the welcome :)
I know I just need patience... it's at the point now where I literally have dreams of having long hair again lol, so I think once it's long enough to just pull it all back into one pony tail I can kind of forget about it and let it grow in it's own time. At the moment it's all I can think about because every morning I am faced with an epic clown hair/afro/mop head and it really takes a lot to calm it down enough for the day. Once I can just wear it up and go, it will be fine.

My hairdresser has been mindful to trim it regularly since I started growing to avoid the mullet-y-ness, ut hasn't helped my morning clown hair I have going on haha

Have a great week :)

Andthetalltrees
October 24th, 2017, 01:08 AM
Welcome! I started here on this thread too :cool:. Chin to shoulder was a really frustrating stage for me. Mostly because it was really uneven and just looked horrible all the time, But I promise it won't be a big deal in a few months or so :D .

Rockin' Gramma
October 24th, 2017, 06:21 AM
Hi, I'd like to join this thread too. I'm currently at chin length bob with my underside, which is straight, and I keep my wavy canopy self-trimmed in layers. I'll post photos when account matures.

My challenge is I look in the mirror at the chin-to-shoulder distance and feel like it's as far as the moon and back. I really, really want that length because as I get grayer, I want to look as young as I feel and I believe longer hair will help. There's nothing wrong with a gray pixie, but in my aging well quest, I want to look different.

This thread is so encouraging and helps to keep it real. Thank you!

Stray_mind
October 24th, 2017, 06:33 AM
Hello to all of the newcommers. I hope you won't stay long here and quickly move on to the next milestone :)

My hair starts to turn upwards as it grows more and more and i really Hate that. Still can't tie it in any other way except a half up. The good news is, i think i have about three months or so untill i reach shoulder lenght. Well, at least part of my hair does.

Dems
October 25th, 2017, 09:23 AM
Hopping onto this thread! My longest pixie layers are at chin now and the mullet is holding off thus far! I'm not hugely excited for the flippy shoulder phase that I'm approaching, but we shall have to support one another! :D

MissMuse
October 25th, 2017, 11:47 PM
It's nice to meet others stuck in this stage!!

Seeing as I'll be here for MONTHS... should probably introduce myself properly :)

I'm from Australia, my hair is super thick..and coarse. Mop head describes me best at the moment
i'm hanging out for Christmas to have a 2 week break from work.
I have cats... no kids
My favourite place on earth is New York
My favourite band on earth is... MUSE!!
I live 2 min walk from the beach
I love fine food and wine :)
I've been married almost 12 years , together almost 17
Last night I dreamt that my hair was almost bra strap length, curly and pale purple!!

Stray_mind
October 27th, 2017, 05:39 AM
It's nice to meet others stuck in this stage!!

Seeing as I'll be here for MONTHS... should probably introduce myself properly :)

I'm from Australia, my hair is super thick..and coarse. Mop head describes me best at the moment
i'm hanging out for Christmas to have a 2 week break from work.
I have cats... no kids
My favourite place on earth is New York
My favourite band on earth is... MUSE!!
I live 2 min walk from the beach
I love fine food and wine :)
I've been married almost 12 years , together almost 17
Last night I dreamt that my hair was almost bra strap length, curly and pale purple!!

Hello!

Some facts about me:

I am from Lithuania, my hair is fine,heavilly layered, currently colored Black, since that's the color i wanted since early teenage years, i'd say it's 1c/2a, though sometimes it gets to full 2a mode, lol. My part is naturally placed slightly to the right, so my hair tends to cover my left Eye if i don't pin it in a half up or put it behind my ear. Currently it is at it's Flippiest stage, so i look a bit like an Emo kid, hahaha.

I have a dog and a chinchilla and my brother leaves his Own dog at my place A lot, so i've started to think i really have Two dogs. I want a cat, but i still live with my parents and my dad is Very allergic to cats sadly

I am a veterinarian.

I love a lot of different genres of music, but i enjoy Japanese/Chinese instrumental music the most.
I Love travelling, though am only able to go somewhere once every half a year, if i save up enough money.

My favorite foods are plant based. The only things i enjoy from animals are eggs, cheese and some honey. I don't really feel a natural craving for Meat or fish, but i eat it on rare occasions.
Currently don't feel like wanting sweets too, even though i used to be a Huge sweet tooth in the past. I do love dark chocolate with as much natural cocoa as possible. I eat it with black tea with no sugar...

I like singing a lot, but only when nobody hears me, hahaha. My favorite natural place is Forests.

Lanalavallama
October 27th, 2017, 09:40 AM
I kinda tiptoe between this thread and super shorties. Hair is in a weird place, metaphorically speaking :)
I love these little bios you ladies are sharing.

Gillian1978
November 1st, 2017, 10:07 AM
Love reading everyone's progress and glad I'm not the only one who feels they are at a weird stage ! I still feel like I have a helmet head but I am now able to wear two French braids daily so now I can stretch my washes and try to forget about the mess on my head lol. So happy about this 😊I hope everyone is baring up well with there hair growing!

Stray_mind
November 1st, 2017, 10:29 AM
Love reading everyone's progress and glad I'm not the only one who feels they are at a weird stage ! I still feel like I have a helmet head but I am now able to wear two French braids daily so now I can stretch my washes and try to forget about the mess on my head lol. So happy about this 😊I hope everyone is baring up well with there hair growing!

That's so nice!

I feel like a mushroom head when i see my hair from the back :D

I still can't do anything about my hair, just pin it back into a small ponytail-half up.

Lady Stardust
November 11th, 2017, 03:26 PM
I've reached some kind of weird flip length. Weird, because my hair is hovering about an inch above my shoulders, rather than flipping up because it is resting on my shoulders. It looks consistent, I'll give it that, it flips all the way around. It also looks ridiculous :-)

I have sloping shoulders so the back of my hair is just about at the point where my neck meets my spine, so I look shoulder length from the side. Then I look front on and I've still got some way to go before all of the ends touch my shoulders.

I think the flip is caused by my hair nestling against my clothes, as it gets more pronounced through the day. I look like some kind of hennaed brunette Sandra Dee tribute act.

Anyway it makes a nice change, and it's progress!

Stray_mind
November 12th, 2017, 03:45 AM
I've reached some kind of weird flip length. Weird, because my hair is hovering about an inch above my shoulders, rather than flipping up because it is resting on my shoulders. It looks consistent, I'll give it that, it flips all the way around. It also looks ridiculous :-)

I have sloping shoulders so the back of my hair is just about at the point where my neck meets my spine, so I look shoulder length from the side. Then I look front on and I've still got some way to go before all of the ends touch my shoulders.

I think the flip is caused by my hair nestling against my clothes, as it gets more pronounced through the day. I look like some kind of hennaed brunette Sandra Dee tribute act.

Anyway it makes a nice change, and it's progress!

I'm at the Exact same spot with my hair. It flips up so much, that i'm starting to wonder when will it start forming Loops. When i stretch the flippy ends, it almost looks like its Collarbone length in some spots, yet it still doesn't touch my shoulders... Awkward length at it's best.

MissMuse
November 22nd, 2017, 05:08 PM
Hi all :)
Well, it feels like no growth happening here but I am getting more and more into a band now with less bobby pins so thats a little win I think. Still need to pin underneath and the sides but it's an improvement!

Lanalavallama
November 25th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Had to trim this week, not sure what got my ends all gbarly.
Sad about the loss of length but glad that those hard, tangly ends are gone

Gillian1978
November 26th, 2017, 04:18 AM
Aw I feel you all! These awkward stages are the worst but at least it's growing even if we can't see much growth yet. I can't wait to hear how you all get on this coming year. It's feels so much better having each other and we can check progress. Here's for lots of lovely growth for us all in 2018😁!

Stray_mind
November 26th, 2017, 07:09 AM
Had to trim this week, not sure what got my ends all gbarly.
Sad about the loss of length but glad that those hard, tangly ends are gone

Aww, sorry to hear that. But on the other hand the less it tangles, the less it breaks and the growth will be more noticeable. :)

My hair is very close to shoulder length. Two more months and it should be there if i don't trim.

Lanalavallama
November 26th, 2017, 08:41 AM
Aww, sorry to hear that. But on the other hand the less it tangles, the less it breaks and the growth will be more noticeable. :)

My hair is very close to shoulder length. Two more months and it should be there if i don't trim.

Thanks for your kind words.
It must be so exciting; to be so close to shoulder. I have seen pictures of your hair here on the boards. Very pretty!

Stray_mind
November 26th, 2017, 08:44 AM
Thanks for your kind words.
It must be so exciting; to be so close to shoulder. I have seen pictures of your hair here on the boards. Very pretty!

Thank you :o

I am more excited to reach the point where All of my hair fits into a ponytail hahaha. :D

OhSuzi
November 28th, 2017, 03:58 AM
Reckon Im pretty much shoulder! - definitely if I dried my hair straight, but even wurly it's tickling them!
can get 80% of my hair in a pony!
Long enough to start proper experimenting with half ups & braids & ting!

Gonna keep on growin!

Lanalavallama
November 28th, 2017, 06:12 AM
Reckon Im pretty much shoulder! - definitely if I dried my hair straight, but even wurly it's tickling them!

Gonna keep on growin!

How exciting! Enjoy the length. Congratulations!

Lady Stardust
November 28th, 2017, 06:15 AM

Gonna keep on growin!

Hey congratulations! Sounds like things are about to get a lot more interesting! Having styling options will make growing much more fun now that you're heading out of no man's land.

Stray_mind
November 28th, 2017, 01:09 PM

Gonna keep on growin!

Congratulations. I am almost there too :)

So exciting!

Lady Stardust
December 8th, 2017, 01:20 PM
I had half an inch trimmed off and my hair looks and feels much better for it. My hairdresser also said something to make me appreciate this length rather than be impatient for the next stage - hair is "swingy" at this length, it won't be when it reaches the shoulders, so enjoy it!

Regular trims mean I'm taking the slower approach, but it's best for my hair at this time so I have to remember that. Slow and steady.

Stray_mind
December 9th, 2017, 03:46 AM
I have decided to not trim my hair at all this year and the next year and then do a bigger trim to even up my layers at the start of 2019 :)

Wonder how long my hair will get in one year.

Key
December 12th, 2017, 05:19 PM
I'm back! I'm returning to the forum after a big chop. I couldn't stand my bleached hair, or my roots taking years to grow out, so it was necessary. It used to be waist length, but then it was cut to ear length. And in a year I cut it again back to ear length to rid the bleach once and for all. I have virgin hair now, and the shortest hairs are nearly chin length with the longest hairs being lower neck length.

Groovy Granny
December 12th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Welcome back - nice to see you again :waving:

Happy growing :cheer:

Key
December 12th, 2017, 06:02 PM
Welcome back - nice to see you again :waving:

Happy growing :cheer:

Nice to see you again too! Did you reach hip length while I was out?

Groovy Granny
December 12th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Nice to see you again too! Did you reach hip length while I was out?

Yes I did...twice :lol:
Then I realized I was happiest between waist and hip, so here I will stay....sometimes nearer to waist...and other times closer to hip as I am now :o

Plus my silver has really filled in and it is very fine/wispy; it doesn't seem as heavy as it did...so that may have been the issue. :shrug:

EliseMarie
December 13th, 2017, 05:22 AM
Hi everyone! I am officially chin length now, which is a milestone for me. I haven't been able to get past pixie for the last 4++ years! I had intended to grow it out all natural but over the summer I dyed and highlighted it. I have about an inch and a half of virgin hair growing in and plan to keep growing my virgin color. Happy to be here.

https://i.imgur.com/YBvR5A0.jpg

Stray_mind
December 13th, 2017, 09:12 AM
Hi everyone! I am officially chin length now, which is a milestone for me. I haven't been able to get past pixie for the last 4++ years! I had intended to grow it out all natural but over the summer I dyed and highlighted it. I have about an inch and a half of virgin hair growing in and plan to keep growing my virgin color. Happy to be here.

Welcome! Your hair looks so healthy and i love the color.

Lady Stardust
December 13th, 2017, 02:13 PM

Hello and welcome! That's a fantastic achievement, the urge to cut back to a lovely pixie can be very strong during the awkward stages can't it. Your hair looks great.

patches
December 13th, 2017, 03:28 PM
So I asked this in the super shorties thread as well, but wanted you guys' opinions on it as well. How did you decide when you had reached chin length? Was it when your longest bits of hair got there or the shortest or maybe just the majority?

EliseMarie
December 13th, 2017, 04:22 PM
So I asked this in the super shorties thread as well, but wanted you guys' opinions on it as well. How did you decide when you had reached chin length? Was it when your longest bits of hair got there or the shortest or maybe just the majority?

I decided when my sides reached chin. My back got there a long time ago but I kept trimming it until the sides caught up. I plan to grow from here. Another idea would be to keep trimming the sides and back until your shortest layer caught up and reached chin. For some textures that would be fine, but for me it would totally be a triangle, LOL. That is how I decided.

Stray_mind
December 14th, 2017, 12:21 AM

I decided to call chin when most of my bottom layers reached chin length.

EliseMarie
December 14th, 2017, 05:57 AM
Welcome! Your hair looks so healthy and i love the color.

Thanks so much. I need to go back on this thread to get aquainted with everyone. How close are you to shoulder?

EliseMarie
December 14th, 2017, 05:59 AM
Hello and welcome! That's a fantastic achievement, the urge to cut back to a lovely pixie can be very strong during the awkward stages can't it. Your hair looks great.

Yes, yes it does. I have caved to that urge countless times! It feels so great to cut back to pixie, but soon the regret comes. Thank you so much. How far along are you to shoulder?

EliseMarie
December 14th, 2017, 06:01 AM

Gonna keep on growin!

Congratulations!! Keep growing :)

EliseMarie
December 14th, 2017, 06:03 AM
I have decided to not trim my hair at all this year and the next year and then do a bigger trim to even up my layers at the start of 2019 :)

Wonder how long my hair will get in one year.

I am also considering joining the no trim 2018. Keep us posted if you do. I think it would be very interesting to see how much growth we could get in a year.

Stray_mind
December 14th, 2017, 07:20 AM
I am also considering joining the no trim 2018. Keep us posted if you do. I think it would be very interesting to see how much growth we could get in a year.
I already joined that thread, but i was considering getting a small trim in December. I changed my mind about that and will just let my hair grow. Maybe if i see a lot of split ends, i'll buy a good pair of shears and do a S&D.

Lanalavallama
December 15th, 2017, 10:00 PM
My hair just before my ears feels so close to chin when i stretch it.
The hair in my neck just about touches the top of my shoulders now.

Will straighten in about 2 or so months, then call chin if my anticipated trim doesn't set me back too much.

In its natural afro state it looks like zero growth.

Key
December 18th, 2017, 01:25 PM
I'm considering getting all of my hair to one level in the coming weeks and joining no trim 2018 as well. I'm not sure if it actually got used, but my 13" or so inches I was able to donate.

patienceneeded
December 18th, 2017, 04:54 PM
I realized the other day as I was brushing my hair that I've already made it to shoulder. I guess I'm heading to APL now. I just want to be able to use all my hairsticks and forks from when my hair was much longer again. It's all good though. I enjoyed my short pixie and now I'm ready to enjoy long hair again too.

Stray_mind
December 19th, 2017, 02:29 AM
I realized the other day as I was brushing my hair that I've already made it to shoulder. I guess I'm heading to APL now. I just want to be able to use all my hairsticks and forks from when my hair was much longer again. It's all good though. I enjoyed my short pixie and now I'm ready to enjoy long hair again too.

Wow congratulations! May you reach your next milestone fast!

My longest ends are at the bottom of my neck when stretched.

EliseMarie
December 19th, 2017, 05:57 AM

Yay! Congratulations and happy growing :)

EliseMarie
December 19th, 2017, 06:01 AM
I already joined that thread, but i was considering getting a small trim in December. I changed my mind about that and will just let my hair grow. Maybe if i see a lot of split ends, i'll buy a good pair of shears and do a S&D.

I am going to join. Are you doing the full on no trim for all of 2018? I don't need a trim at the moment but have no idea what shape I'll be in at the half way point. I remember one time I grew from pixie in my 20's I don't think I get a cut for a couple of years and that was the longest my hair ever was. I don't remember it looking bad at all during that time.........

Stray_mind
December 19th, 2017, 06:28 AM
I am going to join. Are you doing the full on no trim for all of 2018? I don't need a trim at the moment but have no idea what shape I'll be in at the half way point. I remember one time I grew from pixie in my 20's I don't think I get a cut for a couple of years and that was the longest my hair ever was. I don't remember it looking bad at all during that time.........

Yeah, i decided to not cut my hair until 2019 at all. I need all of my layers to grow as long as possible until i even up the hemline. If it will look bad, i'll somehow find a way to put it up or something so it wouldn't bother me :D

Lanalavallama
December 19th, 2017, 06:41 AM
patienceneeded, congratulations.
Can't wait to reach the point where I can wear hairtoys.

Key
December 19th, 2017, 09:00 PM
Most of my hair, save for my bangs, are able to make a baby ponytail. I'm pretty excited to let it be natural this go-around instead of caving to the pressure of getting it "thinned out".

Stray_mind
December 19th, 2017, 11:29 PM
Most of my hair, save for my bangs, are able to make a baby ponytail. I'm pretty excited to let it be natural this go-around instead of caving to the pressure of getting it "thinned out".

Why would you thin it out? It will look worse when it grows longer if you do.

my2cats1
December 23rd, 2017, 12:22 PM
Well, yesterday I noticed that the tips of may hair are brushing the tops of my sholders, even when it's dry. So....I'm calling it! Shoulder legnth, just in time for the holidays. :D
I began with a jaw-length / chin legnth cut in early May that I immediately hated. I've had two small trims since then. I might have made it in six months without the trims, but the trims helped give it some shape as it grew out. The back grew faster, as it often does with me.
I'm headed on over to the shoulder to APL length thread, but first wanted to say thanks to everyone here. Neck is a frustrating legnth to be at, and your comments helped cheer me up when I needed it.
Happy Growing!

Lady Stardust
December 23rd, 2017, 01:50 PM
Well, yesterday I noticed that the tips of may hair are brushing the tops of my sholders, even when it's dry. So....I'm calling it! Shoulder legnth, just in time for the holidays. :D
I began with a jaw-length / chin legnth cut in early May that I immediately hated. I've had two small trims since then. I might have made it in six months without the trims, but the trims helped give it some shape as it grew out. The back grew faster, as it often does with me.
I'm headed on over to the shoulder to APL length thread, but first wanted to say thanks to everyone here. Neck is a frustrating legnth to be at, and your comments helped cheer me up when I needed it.
Happy Growing!

Congratulations! Lovely timing :-)

EliseMarie
December 23rd, 2017, 07:00 PM
Happy Growing!
So happy for you! Congratulations! Good luck reaching your new goal :)

Stray_mind
December 24th, 2017, 03:10 AM
my2cats1 -congratulations! Great timing for a milestone :)

My hair has finally stopped falling out in handfuls, so it made me pretty glad. The first month after dying with chemical dye whenever i massaged my conditioner in, my hands would come out full of hairs stuck on them. It was pretty scary. Today i shampooed and conditioned my hair and i found only a couple of hairs on my hand afterwards.

Chemical dye is really terrible :(
But i am glad my hair is feeling better.

Lanalavallama
December 24th, 2017, 10:55 AM

My hair has finally stopped falling out in handfuls, so it made me pretty glad. The first month after dying with chemical dye whenever i massaged my conditioner in, my hands would come out full of hairs stuck on them. It was pretty scary. Today i shampooed and conditioned my hair and i found only a couple of hairs on my hand afterwards.

I am so glad for you that your shedding stopped.
You have beautiful hair, and I can not wait to see it at your next milestone!

Stray_mind
December 24th, 2017, 11:21 AM
I am so glad for you that your shedding stopped.
You have beautiful hair, and I can not wait to see it at your next milestone!

Aww. Thank you! I love Your hair too! Those curls are really pretty :)

EliseMarie
December 25th, 2017, 09:08 AM

That's really weird how that happens, isn't it? Happy that your hair is doing better. Here's to healthy hair!

Stray_mind
December 25th, 2017, 12:49 PM
That's really weird how that happens, isn't it? Happy that your hair is doing better. Here's to healthy hair!
Well, chemical dye damages the hair to he very bulbs, so it's no wonder some of the more sensitive ones just die. :(

But i saw some baby hairs growing out, so maybe it'll be fine. :)

MissMuse
December 28th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Hi all, hope you've all had a safe holiday period :)
I'm confused about my length because the back part is touching my shoulders (just) but around my face is still no where near my shoulders. I think I'll be staying here for a few months longer.
I've got a new hairdresser as of this month (sob) so hopefully she'll be cool with only trimming every few months.
Bring on some amazing growth in 2018!!

MissMuse
December 28th, 2017, 06:49 PM
Actually apparently neck length is a thing, and that's pretty much me. So I'm definitely here for a lot longer!!

WillOTree
December 28th, 2017, 10:08 PM
I'm still here! Going in for a trim next month to even things out a bit, which will put me just past chin again. I've resigned to the fact that I should get a half inch dusting every three months or so, so I still *slowly* gain length but fix the disastrous mess that happened in Sept.

patches
December 29th, 2017, 12:52 AM
Hi all, hope you've all had a safe holiday period :)
I'm confused about my length because the back part is touching my shoulders (just) but around my face is still no where near my shoulders. I think I'll be staying here for a few months longer.
I've got a new hairdresser as of this month (sob) so hopefully she'll be cool with only trimming every few months.
Bring on some amazing growth in 2018!!

I'm in the same boat. I've been growing my hair out from a shaved head and have been too lazy/stubborn to do any trimming at all. So while it's all the same length it doesn't all hang at the same length. The back of my hair is starting to brush my shoulders, but the sides are barely reaching chin.

Though I suppose that does mean I do belong here finally. I don't think I'm going to call shoulder until my sides get there.

Stray_mind
December 29th, 2017, 08:00 AM
Actually apparently neck length is a thing, and that's pretty much me. So I'm definitely here for a lot longer!!

I also am at Neck length now. Though my hair is at the bottom of my neck and can barely brush shoulder when i stretch it...

The flippy ends are so annoying, but then, my hair will have a pretty texture as it grows so i have to endure them :D

yahirwaO.o
December 29th, 2017, 08:34 PM
I was shy about joining this thread because I knew I had chance of over obsessing about my hair. Safely now and with more length I can happily get in and share abit of my hair :)

This year I went super short and the whole transsion to decent bob was extremely hard. Rightnow my hair is neck length and the front parts are almost about shoulder while the back is still short since I cut my hair in a reverse bob. I knew I didnīt want to deal with layers since my hair does flip badly and getting it back to one lenght (still looking like a mushroom top for my straight locks sometimes) helps to handle thing better.

I've read a lot of your post and certainly share a lot of your frustrations while not feeling alone in this process. I've just started to enjoy my hair again .

I had several corrective trims and cuts to get a decent looking hair so hang in there, it might feel like you are not growing but damn it is progress!!!

I'll share some pics of my progress in the future while preparing for my third anniversary in this site! This is such a cool thread you alll!

Lanalavallama
December 30th, 2017, 12:27 AM
Hi everyone, and welcome to the new joiners to this thread :)
I have been lurking as I don't really belong in super shorties anymore, but that thread was my home for so long; I can't just leave.

It is so frustrating at times that with my shrinkage I see progress veeerrryyy slowly.

When I stretch my hair at the base of my skull at the back, it reaches past the tips of my shoulders. Given my frequent trims,
I am happy with my progress most days. But some days it just feels like it is going nowhere, no progress.
Plus, the hair on the sides of my face reaches only just past my jawline.

Does all my hair have to reach my shoulders for me to call it?

Stray_mind
December 30th, 2017, 02:32 AM
Hi everyone, and welcome to the new joiners to this thread :)
I have been lurking as I don't really belong in super shorties anymore, but that thread was my home for so long; I can't just leave.

It is so frustrating at times that with my shrinkage I see progress veeerrryyy slowly.

When I stretch my hair at the base of my skull at the back, it reaches past the tips of my shoulders. Given my frequent trims,
I am happy with my progress most days. But some days it just feels like it is going nowhere, no progress.
Plus, the hair on the sides of my face reaches only just past my jawline.

Does all my hair have to reach my shoulders for me to call it?

Well, it depends on you

Some people call it when most of their hair touches shoulders when unstretched, others call it stretched, some call it when only the longest layers get to shoulders...

I am waiting until most of my hair is shoulder length.

Welcome to all the new members!

Lanalavallama
December 30th, 2017, 04:29 AM
Thank you Stray_mind

Let's see what it looks like when straightened and go from there.

Stray_mind
January 4th, 2018, 04:51 AM
Hello guys, happy new year to everyone! How are you all doing?

My hair is now somehow not growing Longer, but rather Thicker to the sides. I think it has to do with all the layers growing out.

Lady Stardust
January 4th, 2018, 05:18 AM

My hair is now somehow not growing Longer, but rather Thicker to the sides. I think it has to do with all the layers growing out.

Hi, happy new year!

Thicker and longer sounds great! Mine is looking thicker too because I had a small trim. It's definitely closer to my shoulders than it is to my chin, so neat and yet so far.

My hair is starting to do its favourite trick - curl under on the left hand side and curl out on the right hand side. Looks ridiculous, as the right hand side is bouncing up and out. Never mind, it won't be for much longer, and it's bearable. I can get away with it at this length but it looked truly stupid when it did this at ear length! That's why I decided to grow it, so when it misbehaves now it just reminds me that I'm doing the right thing.

Stray_mind
January 4th, 2018, 05:27 AM
Hi, happy new year!

Thicker and longer sounds great! Mine is looking thicker too because I had a small trim. It's definitely closer to my shoulders than it is to my chin, so neat and yet so far.

My hair is starting to do its favourite trick - curl under on the left hand side and curl out on the right hand side. Looks ridiculous, as the right hand side is bouncing up and out. Never mind, it won't be for much longer, and it's bearable. I can get away with it at this length but it looked truly stupid when it did this at ear length! That's why I decided to grow it, so when it misbehaves now it just reminds me that I'm doing the right thing.

That's good news!

My hair tends to curl up and out to the front. And some are sticking out to the sides, lol.

I also have some empty gaps, because some layers are still only reaching my ears.

I feel like i have to suffer trough it though... I don't want to cut my hair to even up the layers..

EliseMarie
January 4th, 2018, 05:40 AM

Thicker is good! Mine feels pretty stringy and it is straighter because of the dry air. It's not looking all that great but I am happy with it and I know better days are ahead, lol. Since I have been able to get this far and not chop back to pixie, I feel that I am gaining patience. Finally. I have been in a pixie crop cycle and have been* *trying* to grow for years. I feel that growing and dealing with all of the imperfect stages has helped me also grow as a person.

Lady Stardust
January 4th, 2018, 06:17 AM
EliseMarie you're right, the process definitely teaches you a lot about patience and how to cope with the mental challenges that come with it. I'm glad you pointed that out, it adds to the positive feeling that we're getting somewhere! I try to focus on the positive as much as possible. I might not always sound like I do when I point out how ridiculous my hair looks but I'm just poking fun at myself.

Congratulations for getting past the pixie stage! It's not easy when you want to avoid looking awkward.

Stray Mind, I think you're right to keep going rather than trim. The only reason I'm trimming is that my hair is ridiculously fragile and I have splits even at chin length, and my ends had the double whammy of looking thinner because of layers, and due to postpartum shed. The thinnest bits have gone now, and I plan to trim another 2 inches over the course of this year.

Stray_mind
January 4th, 2018, 06:35 AM
EliseMarie you're right, the process definitely teaches you a lot about patience and how to cope with the mental challenges that come with it. I'm glad you pointed that out, it adds to the positive feeling that we're getting somewhere! I try to focus on the positive as much as possible. I might not always sound like I do when I point out how ridiculous my hair looks but I'm just poking fun at myself.

Congratulations for getting past the pixie stage! It's not easy when you want to avoid looking awkward.

Stray Mind, I think you're right to keep going rather than trim. The only reason I'm trimming is that my hair is ridiculously fragile and I have splits even at chin length, and my ends had the double whammy of looking thinner because of layers, and due to postpartum shed. The thinnest bits have gone now, and I plan to trim another 2 inches over the course of this year.

Definitely. Growing from very short lengths teaches you a lot of patience.. My shortest hairs were about 1,5 inch long when i chopped and look how far i got only in a few months. :)

We can do it!

OhSuzi
January 5th, 2018, 05:26 AM
stray mind - mine did that like alternate months , one month it'd look longer, next month it'd seem about the same length but thicker etc.
definitely seems to be a thing if you have wavey / curly hair - there's a Youtube video about growing out a pixie
' Laura Nazeuths 8 month journey' and i noticed her hair seemed to grow longer one month, thick the next.

Stray_mind
January 8th, 2018, 02:23 AM
stray mind - mine did that like alternate months , one month it'd look longer, next month it'd seem about the same length but thicker etc.
definitely seems to be a thing if you have wavey / curly hair - there's a Youtube video about growing out a pixie
' Laura Nazeuths 8 month journey' and i noticed her hair seemed to grow longer one month, thick the next.

Yeah, growing out layers is a pain.

I really hope i'll reach shoulder by the end of spring. Once you hit shoulder, the growing process becomes easier. :)
I'll be calling it Unstretched though, so it might take longer than that....

Key
January 8th, 2018, 05:08 PM
My bangs are currently at mouth-level. My longest hairs (in the back) are at the bottom of the nape of my neck. :/ I got some vitamins for hair-growing, so perhaps I should trim just to make things a bit more uniform. I probably won't cut to my bangs, but I'm considering making the back length match my side lengths. The current shape could potentially get very wonky.

OhSuzi
January 9th, 2018, 03:09 AM
Key - It drove me mad to have different levels of layers but I put off chopping them out & evening up the mullet until the front was mid neck / nearly shoulder length.
The bonus of this was being able to put my hair up as it grew – cause the mullet was long enough to be pony tail worthy early on, even if there were some stragglers at the front / sides that needed pinning.

Plus it meant I had a nice long even amount of hair for the hair dresser to play with & only needed one cut once to even it up!
If you ask for your hair to be evened out in a bob & the front is still quite short – in order to get the back neat they might need to chop it real short / shave into it & you end up with straggly mullet layers again eventually that will need another cut later on.

Plus some hair dressers are like I know you said leave the front but it does need juuust the tiniest trim to get it all neat and even with the rest of the hair – so you relent & then they brush that front section up & away from your face with the rest of your hair & chop into wildly, lots of small snips over & over, so you cant quite tell how much they’re getting rid of
until your mouth level hair is suddenly cheeckbone level!

However I was itching to get my hair cut by the time I finally went & it was a massive relief & confidence boost to have some style put back in again.
It’s up to you & maybe you’ll find a hairdresser who listens to you & will just chop straight across the mullet without complaint.

WillOTree
January 14th, 2018, 09:37 PM
Got a trim today. Lost about a half inch so my longest hair is just under chin. She blended the shaved growth in the back and generally cleaned it up so it looks more like a Bob, not a massively overgrown botched a line thing. Lol. And it has some flow! I'll post pics later, but with 3 trims since September I've still gained about an inch. Progress!

WillOTree
January 14th, 2018, 11:00 PM
September to today, with trims.
https://i.imgur.com/L9QP0h1.jpg

EliseMarie
January 15th, 2018, 03:56 AM

Looks nice! I can really see how far your layers have grown down. I love your hair color and texture.

Stray_mind
January 15th, 2018, 05:20 AM
Looks Really nice WillOTree. I wish straight bob would suit me, then i would also do some trims for my layers to even out. But sadly, my face looks Really bad with blunt cut bob. :D

WillOTree
January 15th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Thanks! :o there is still a little hole by my ear because of the way my hairline is and the way my hair wants to sit, but if I gain 1.5in before next trim it'll be gone. I might do 6 month trims after that to cut out the layers in the back, I'll see how the next trim goes. I don't have crazy scraggly layers anymore, yay!

Better pic from the side:
https://imgur.com/WeETaeW

olivetime
January 21st, 2018, 10:46 AM

Ohhh beautiful hair!! Do you mind if I share it with my hair dresser? I'm growing out from pixie.

WillOTree
January 21st, 2018, 03:41 PM
Ohhh beautiful hair!! Do you mind if I share it with my hair dresser? I'm growing out from pixie.

Of course you can! :D

Harini
January 22nd, 2018, 01:54 PM
July 2017 to today.
It doesn't look like much but I've had a few haircuts and trims to fix the pixie choppiness. My husband has trimmed the inevitable rat's tail about twice and evened it out once. I also got a haircut to even it out a couple weeks ago. Finally at a state where I can let it grow to shoulder length.

http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o746/dizzyboo12/Screenshot_2018-01-22-12-34-17_zpsays7kx9z.pnghttp://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o746/dizzyboo12/20180122_123842-1_zpsiimbwbpd.jpg

I don't really style my hair often, no heat at all at the moment. Sometimes I use headbands (hard, elastic or tie) or bobby pins. I also do half-up do's since it doesn't all fit into a hair tie yet.

Stray_mind
February 1st, 2018, 08:54 AM
Crossposting from the other thread just to sjow my progress. It's been 5 months since i started growing out my hair and i feel like in two more months, i will be at solid Shoulder length. Yay!

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/SAM_0612_zpsehhsh1cm.jpg

Lady Stardust
February 3rd, 2018, 03:18 PM
Crossposting from the other thread just to sjow my progress. It's been 5 months since i started growing out my hair and i feel like in two more months, i will be at solid Shoulder length. Yay!

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/SAM_0612_zpsehhsh1cm.jpg

That's great, and your hair is looking beautiful!

WillOTree
February 7th, 2018, 01:32 AM
I got yet another trim. Still solidly at chin. I couldn't handle how it was cut to supposedly help fix the botched bowl cut/a line/bob thing in September. Aveda had been cutting the bottom bit and the back, but not doing layers also in the front which apparently I need at this length or else I'm stuck trying to not tilt my head forward to keep the choppiness from showing. I went back to the lady who trimmed it when I grew out my buzz and I'm so glad I did. She even said my hair was thick, which about made me cry because I had dealt with hair loss episodes a few years ago. It looks and feels so much better, I feel like I can focus on letting it grow. :happydance:

Lady Stardust
February 7th, 2018, 01:37 PM
I got yet another trim. Still solidly at chin. I couldn't handle how it was cut to supposedly help fix the botched bowl cut/a line/bob thing in September. Aveda had been cutting the bottom bit and the back, but not doing layers also in the front which apparently I need at this length or else I'm stuck trying to not tilt my head forward to keep the choppiness from showing. I went back to the lady who trimmed it when I grew out my buzz and I'm so glad I did. She even said my hair was thick, which about made me cry because I had dealt with hair loss episodes a few years ago. It looks and feels so much better, I feel like I can focus on letting it grow. :happydance:

That's fantastic, your hair looks lovely and thick in the pictures you posted recently :-)

A well done trim, even if it's a tiny one, can make your hair look and feel so much better can't it. I'm glad that it's all coming along nicely for you.

My hair needs regular trims and it always gives me a bit of a boost when I have one. My next one is in a couple of weeks, I'm looking forward to it!

Lizabeth94
February 7th, 2018, 05:17 PM
I was approaching neck length with a long pixie mullet but trimmed off my mullet back to chin length since i job interviews soon. :( so far I cant do any styles with it other than pin my bangs back. In a month or 2 my layers and bangs should be long enough for me to do a 1/2 back hairstyle, and i should be able to wear a headband without my hair sticking up every which way. Im hoping that in 4 months i can do 2 short dutch braids.

pahbee
February 7th, 2018, 08:40 PM
Hey all! I recently went for a huge chop, from lower back to chin length. I was getting bored of my hair, it was getting damaged from the dry winter weather, and after yet another couple of housemates moved in I noticed all of us had long, black Asian hair. So I cut it in a really short jaw/chin-length bob and bleached it slightly, darkish brown. I loved it for the first week or so... but now I'm missing my old length! :run: Long hair is really for me after all. So I'm growing it out again. ;) Happy to join all of you guys!

Stray_mind
February 8th, 2018, 10:37 AM
Hey all! I recently went for a huge chop, from lower back to chin length. I was getting bored of my hair, it was getting damaged from the dry winter weather, and after yet another couple of housemates moved in I noticed all of us had long, black Asian hair. So I cut it in a really short jaw/chin-length bob and bleached it slightly, darkish brown. I loved it for the first week or so... but now I'm missing my old length! :run: Long hair is really for me after all. So I'm growing it out again. ;) Happy to join all of you guys!
Hello. Welcome and happy growing :)

Stray_mind
February 20th, 2018, 03:13 AM
Took a length shot today... I am So close to shoulder length.. Next month i'll Be there.

My hair looks shapeless with all those layers though :rolleyes:

https://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/SAM_0634_zpsguj2oobg.jpg

Lady Stardust
February 20th, 2018, 02:39 PM
Took a length shot today... I am So close to shoulder length.. Next month i'll Be there.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/SAM_0634_zpsguj2oobg.jpg

Your hair is looking great and you're progressing so well! Layers are a pain when you don't want them though so I know how you feel.

I have sloping shoulders so I'm getting there in stages....the back is properly shoulder length, the sides are just gazing shoulders now. The front will only look shoulder length to me when it reaches my collarbone - only an inch or so away!

Stray_mind
February 21st, 2018, 02:08 AM
Your hair is looking great and you're progressing so well! Layers are a pain when you don't want them though so I know how you feel.

I have sloping shoulders so I'm getting there in stages....the back is properly shoulder length, the sides are just gazing shoulders now. The front will only look shoulder length to me when it reaches my collarbone - only an inch or so away!

My front strands are already lying on my shoulders and the ends can reach collarbone length when stretched, but i am waiting until the hair in the back catches up to call solid shoulder length. :)

We'll get there!

MissMuse
February 22nd, 2018, 03:45 PM
Hi everyone, I'm still here... Growing painfully slow :( I did get a trim last month to cut my mullet length a little shorter. My 'mullet' (by the way, I really hate that term haha) is probably reaching the top of my shoulders but my front fringe section is only just past my chin. I don't think I'm anywhere near real shoulder length yet. Here for the long haul I think!!

Lanalavallama
February 23rd, 2018, 10:43 AM

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/SAM_0634_zpsguj2oobg.jpg

Doesn't look shapeless to me. Pretty!

Stray_mind
February 23rd, 2018, 11:05 AM
Hi everyone, I'm still here... Growing painfully slow :( I did get a trim last month to cut my mullet length a little shorter. My 'mullet' (by the way, I really hate that term haha) is probably reaching the top of my shoulders but my front fringe section is only just past my chin. I don't think I'm anywhere near real shoulder length yet. Here for the long haul I think!!

You'll get there eventually!
Just be patient. Try focusing less on your hair and you'll see the progress soon enough. :)

Stray_mind
February 23rd, 2018, 11:06 AM
Doesn't look shapeless to me. Pretty!

Thank you!

As my bottom layer grows closer to shoulder length, my top layer grows closer to Ear length, so i can finally do some braiding.

It made things much easier.

MissMuse
February 24th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Thanks stray length, I'm definitely here for the long haul :)
Random question but has anyone tried olaplex? I tried the home treatment last week and it left my hair feeling very frizzy. It's already quite coarse and super thick and from everything I've read it should be smoother, but nope. I've paid for it now so will keep trying in the hopes it gets better.

MissMuse
February 24th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Whoops stray mind. Yep, hair obsessed here 😂

Lanalavallama
February 25th, 2018, 02:21 AM
Thanks stray length, I'm definitely here for the long haul :)
Random question but has anyone tried olaplex? I tried the home treatment last week and it left my hair feeling very frizzy. It's already quite coarse and super thick and from everything I've read it should be smoother, but nope. I've paid for it now so will keep trying in the hopes it gets better.

Search for "olaplex" with the search function on this site.
I woukd have linked, but am using my tablet.

Stray_mind
February 25th, 2018, 02:28 AM
Whoops stray mind. Yep, hair obsessed here 😂
Hahaha!

I haven't tried Olaplex... I thought it was only for someone with bleached hair.... I am wary of all the "mirracle hair treatments" tbh...

lostchyld
February 26th, 2018, 06:11 PM
I just graduated from the super shorties thread. I have passed chin length and will likely be at or beyond shoulder by the time I finish the no-trim first half in June. I have reached a point where my hair feels both longer than I think it should and shorter than I think it should. I'm my mind I switch from super shortie to longhair several times a day and none of the hair in my dreams is the length it is right now, so there's a little bit of dissatisfaction going on.

I do need to redye my bleached ends, but I haven't decided what color. Right now, they're a very faded green and I think I'll probably put a dark purple burgundy or purple/black over the top to cover up the faded part. My natural color is very dark brown and I have a demarcation where I stopped bleaching and let the roots grow in. I've finally gotten 'cones built up to the point that the bleached portions aren't tangling. I can't wait until I can clarify and be done with them, but that won't be until the roots are shoulder length, so hopefully I can crop out the bleach around New Years. The roots are at cheek length.

Happy to be growing with you all.

MissMuse
February 26th, 2018, 11:23 PM
Hi lostchyld
I hope to be beyond shoulder length by June too. 4 months to go, bring it on!!
I have so much to learn I have no idea what cones are but think it's from shampoo. No idea if my shampoo has them, Il have to check.
I have no idea what my hair needs, I just buy whatever my hairdresser tells me, I really need to research more I think.
I am blonde too but think I need to stop and grow out my natural colour

spurple
February 27th, 2018, 05:39 PM
I posted earlier in the pixie length group, but I think maybe I belong to this group! How exciting!

Hello all! I've had super short hair since about 2008 and I'm excited to start seriously growing it out! I stopped cutting it in October, so it's at about 14 inches now. I'd LIKE to be at BSL in two years (as a benchmark, want to keep growing past that) and know that will take some serious dedication! I'm going to be starting some hair supplements soon and have spent the last month or so really researching HAIR and how to grow it fast, thick, healthy.

OH! And my hair used to be pretty curly, at least the top layer. I still have thick hair and the top is still curling, but the 'under' side is still exposed and kinda curly but I think that's just the length it's at - sticking out in all directions. I'd like my hair to stay curly, but I don't have a say in that! I know that in the past as my hair got longer, the curl tended to stay towards the bottom 8 inches or so and I'm hoping that it will be curlier. Hm... sounds like that would be a styling thing rather than something I'd be able to maintain or encourage my hair to do.

RSunny
February 27th, 2018, 08:44 PM
Growing out my chin length hair! I started in pixie and decided to come back to this forum. Last time it was really hard because I had a bad bout of over shedding...which caused me to cut my APL hair up to a pixie cut. Is there a way to determine the thickness of my hair when I can't put it in a ponytail? I'm a little concerned my thickness isn't growing back in. I had gone from a solid ii (3" circumference) to a i/ii (~2"). Some days my hair feels thicker than others and sometimes my hair seems to be shedding more than others. TIA for your advice!

Stray_mind
February 28th, 2018, 03:05 AM
Hi lostchyld
I hope to be beyond shoulder length by June too. 4 months to go, bring it on!!
I have so much to learn I have no idea what cones are but think it's from shampoo. No idea if my shampoo has them, Il have to check.
I have no idea what my hair needs, I just buy whatever my hairdresser tells me, I really need to research more I think.
I am blonde too but think I need to stop and grow out my natural colour

Hello!

Cones are Silicones, they are found in shampoos and conditioners of many popular brands. They are all of the ingredients that end with -cone. They are Not necessarily Bad for your hair, but they tend to cover the hair shaft, and hide the damage. You can only see your hair's True condition when you start washing with Cone free products. :)

However for Some people Cones make their hair more manageable and better looking in general.

As for What your hair needs, well, first you need to determine what your hair type is and what type your scalp is. Is your hair straight? Wavy? Curly? Is it prone to being dry? Or maybe it's oily? Is it fine, medium or thick?

Is your scalp dry and easily irritated? Is it oily? Maybe it's normal?

Ask yourself these questions and you will be able to determine what products your hair needs, what substances it can take and what better to stay away from. Then you can find a suitable routine for you, after you try some things out.

For me, i follow a Rule: "Less is more"... I don't use many products on my hair. I basically shampoo, condition and do a deep conditioning treatment once or twice a month and then just leave my hair be.

Oh and i recently started Eating a spoonful of coconut oil every day, because i read it has Many benefits for my body And my hair. :)

spurple
February 28th, 2018, 08:21 AM
I thought I checked my shampoo for sulfates back when I bought it but your post reminded me to check for cones and I found sulfates!! GAH! Looks like I AM in the market for a new shampoo. :(

I tried eating coconut oil daily a few years back... BLECH! I could not do it, and I'm one who can take a taste hit if it will better my health. I've read a lot of good things about gelatin, so I plan to be adding that to my diet as well as a hair, skin, and nails supplement.

spurple
March 4th, 2018, 06:30 AM
Washed with my new sulfate-free argan oil shampoo yesterday and my hair feels lighter! Like I just got a haircut, but without actually making my hair shorter! The curls are more defined and it's all softer! WOW. :D

spurple
March 4th, 2018, 06:31 AM
Also, my gelatin supplements and hair supplements should be arriving today, time to get serious about this! I'm SO excited! As soon as I clear 25 posts I'll try to post a pic.

amiaow
March 7th, 2018, 08:45 PM
Hi everyone! I'm jumping across from the super shorties thread. It seems that a year post-pixie I've reached chin length (when wet, because it springs back a bit when dry!) and I can make a ponytail too, woohoo :) Nice to meet you all!

Lady Stardust
March 8th, 2018, 02:26 AM
Washed with my new sulfate-free argan oil shampoo yesterday and my hair feels lighter! Like I just got a haircut, but without actually making my hair shorter! The curls are more defined and it's all softer! WOW. :D

That's fantastic! Using the right shampoo makes such a difference. I think using a shampoo that was too drying was one of the worst things I did to my hair. I didn't even realise at the time, it took a year or so for me to see the effects.

Hi everyone! I'm jumping across from the super shorties thread. It seems that a year post-pixie I've reached chin length (when wet, because it springs back a bit when dry!) and I can make a ponytail too, woohoo :) Nice to meet you all!

Welcome, and happy graduation into this thread!

Stray_mind
March 8th, 2018, 03:11 AM

Also, my gelatin supplements and hair supplements should be arriving today, time to get serious about this! I'm SO excited! As soon as I clear 25 posts I'll try to post a pic.

Congratulations! I am thinking of getting a sulphate free shampoo as well, maybe it'll bring out My waves more :)
Can't wait for a picture!

Welcome. Good for you! I am almost at shoulder now and only now i can make a decent ponytail :)
Happy growing.

I am expecting to graduate from this thread anytime now. It'll probably be by the end of March or in the middle of April.

Lizabeth94
March 8th, 2018, 07:01 PM
I'm excited to report that today I discovered my bangs and pixie layers are finally long enough to do a 1/2 back ponytail. Just in the nick of time too! I start my new job (lifeguarding) tomorrow, and dress code says that even with short hair bangs must be pulled back out of your face or you must wear a headband... I look TERRIBLE with head bands, especially with short hair.
I feel like now I've reached end of the awkward stage, because I can finally do something with my hair and I don't look like a sheepdog or a homeless person who hasn't had a hair cut in 6 months. :cheese:

MissMuse
March 9th, 2018, 01:57 AM
Happy Friday everyone!
Thanks for the explanation on silicones, I need to look at my shampoo. Eating coconut oil sounds interesting... Shall research that too!
I almost took a pic of my hair to post on here this morning, we are flooding where I am so it's super humid... My hair is a fluff ball. So unattractive!!! Luckily I can laugh at myself (and luckily I'm married so husband is stuck with me haha)

Stray_mind
March 9th, 2018, 02:01 AM
I'm excited to report that today I discovered my bangs and pixie layers are finally long enough to do a 1/2 back ponytail. Just in the nick of time too! I start my new job (lifeguarding) tomorrow, and dress code says that even with short hair bangs must be pulled back out of your face or you must wear a headband... I look TERRIBLE with head bands, especially with short hair.
I feel like now I've reached end of the awkward stage, because I can finally do something with my hair and I don't look like a sheepdog or a homeless person who hasn't had a hair cut in 6 months. :cheese:
That is so exciting! Congratulations on this mini milestone. :)

Happy Friday everyone!
Thanks for the explanation on silicones, I need to look at my shampoo. Eating coconut oil sounds interesting... Shall research that too!
I almost took a pic of my hair to post on here this morning, we are flooding where I am so it's super humid... My hair is a fluff ball. So unattractive!!! Luckily I can laugh at myself (and luckily I'm married so husband is stuck with me haha)

It has so many benefits! It's pretty gross at first, but i got used to it now and i can eat a spoonful without even wrinkling my nose hahaha!
My hair and skin seems to be in a great condition and i feel like i have more energy in general :)
It also helps one lose weight, and slows down aging process of the cells as it is rich in Vitamin E which is a natural antioxidant :)

I feel like eating it is More beneficial to me than spreading it on my skin.

BerrySara
March 13th, 2018, 12:59 PM
Well thats it, I have done it guys!
I finally took a pair of scissors and cut off all my relaxed ends, leaving just my curls! I had been transitioning from relaxed (permanently straightened my hair for past 15 years!) to curly for about 13 months now and just couldn't take the multi-textured hair anymore. SO.. now I am stuck dealing with super short hair lol.

It has not been easy for my confidence and I am definitely feeling vulnerable a lot of the time but I am determined to grow out my hair! I am in it for the long haul!

This will be my starting photo. My first goal is to grow to shoulder length while somewhat evening out the layers. I'm sure due to shrinkage, even this goal might take 1.5 to 2 years but I have come to accept it.

http://i67.tinypic.com/ngpycz.jpg

The long term goal is just to keep growing and growing the curls. For once in my life I actually do think it will look quite nice once I gain some length! Even shoulder length sounds dreamy to me now :) Cant imagine how much more ill enjoy it when it grows past that!

Stray_mind
March 13th, 2018, 01:41 PM
I finally took a pair of scissors and cut off all my relaxed ends, leaving just my curls! I had been transitioning from relaxed (permanently straightened my hair for past 15 years!) to curly for about 13 months now and just couldn't take the multi-textured hair anymore. SO.. now I am stuck dealing with super short hair lol.

It has not been easy for my confidence and I am definitely feeling vulnerable a lot of the time but I am determined to grow out my hair! I am in it for the long haul!

This will be my starting photo. My first goal is to grow to shoulder length while somewhat evening out the layers. I'm sure due to shrinkage, even this goal might take 1.5 to 2 years but I have come to accept it.

The long term goal is just to keep growing and growing the curls. For once in my life I actually do think it will look quite nice once I gain some length! Even shoulder length sounds dreamy to me now :) Cant imagine how much more ill enjoy it when it grows past that!

It looks really lovely! Happy growing :)

Lady Stardust
March 13th, 2018, 01:53 PM

Your hair looks so good! Those curls are just beautiful. Congratulations on taking the plunge and cutting back to your natural texture. It must be such a good feeling knowing that you are moving forwards with a clean slate now.

Welcome to the thread :-)

BerrySara
March 14th, 2018, 12:26 PM
It looks really lovely! Happy growing :)

Thank you Stray_mind! :) I appreciate it and happy growing to you as well!

Your hair looks so good! Those curls are just beautiful. Congratulations on taking the plunge and cutting back to your natural texture. It must be such a good feeling knowing that you are moving forwards with a clean slate now.

Welcome to the thread :-)

Aw Lady Stardust, thank you! That was really sweet and very encouraging! It does feel good and freeing to just have my natural texture to focus on and just be able to baby my virgin hair and look forward towards growth. It was nice to be reminded of the positives of starting with a clean slate. Thank you :)

wispur
March 18th, 2018, 12:58 AM
This is the third thread I've posted this pic so please let me know if I'm not supposed to do that.

But hopefully this will be encouraging. The before is a little below chin length but close, and the after is almost exactly 3 months later.

All of you on this journey got this! I believe in you!

http://i.imgur.com/I2d0AtG.jpg

Stray_mind
March 18th, 2018, 03:07 AM
This is the third thread I've posted this pic so please let me know if I'm not supposed to do that.

But hopefully this will be encouraging. The before is a little below chin length but close, and the after is almost exactly 3 months later.

All of you on this journey got this! I believe in you!

http://i.imgur.com/I2d0AtG.jpg

Wow your hair is growing fast! That's amazing progress for only three months. I have been growing out my layers for 7 months now and the hair at my back are still not shoulder length :)

Lumienkeli
March 18th, 2018, 04:48 AM
Wispur, you made a good progress! What is your goal length?

Stray_mind, your hair is growing so fast too! As I remember you started from a different cut with shorter top layers, so you really should be happy with your progress! Your hair looks so thick and healthy and growing fast :)

Stray_mind
March 18th, 2018, 05:34 AM

Stray_mind, your hair is growing so fast too! As I remember you started from a different cut with shorter top layers, so you really should be happy with your progress! Your hair looks so thick and healthy and growing fast :)

Thank you so much :)
Well, i guess i called Chin length a bit too early, as only my front layers were Actually chin length at the time. The back looked like this:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30813&d=1521372714

And now, 7 months later it looks like this:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30814&d=1521372727

MissMuse
March 18th, 2018, 05:46 AM
Berry Sarah you have such beautiful hair, I think it will look incredible as it grows longer. But even at a short length it looks great :)
I will bite the bullet and post a pic soon, looking back at the pics from the last few months is encouraging because you can actually see progress , even though every day feels the same

fhairyqueen
March 18th, 2018, 09:04 AM
You could have called neck length in between chin and shoulder if you wanted to make it feel easier but your actually so close shoulder length
Actually have you tried pulling your ends down to see if they hit shoulder as they look like they would !!

Thank you so much :)
Well, i guess i called Chin length a bit too early, as only my front layers were Actually chin length at the time. The back looked like this:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30813&d=1521372714

And now, 7 months later it looks like this:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30814&d=1521372727

Stray_mind
March 18th, 2018, 09:07 AM
You could have called neck length in between chin and shoulder if you wanted to make it feel easier but your actually so close shoulder length
Actually have you tried pulling your ends down to see if they hit shoulder as they look like they would !!
They probably would. But i usually call lengths unstretched, so i'll wait for that moment my hair touches my shoulders when it's not straightened out... :)

wispur
March 18th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Wow your hair is growing fast! That's amazing progress for only three months. I have been growing out my layers for 7 months now and the hair at my back are still not shoulder length :)

Thank you <3 I feel your pain on growing out layers. I had some so short that took so long to grow out. I made my chop to almost chin length to even them out, even now they're not totally even but close enough thankfully.

Thanks so much! :) My shorter term goal is APL, and my long term goal is hip length.

Stray_mind
March 22nd, 2018, 03:04 PM
Well, looks like i am gonna stay here for another half a month at least... Getting impatient.

Lady Stardust
March 22nd, 2018, 03:38 PM
Well, looks like i am gonna stay here for another half a month at least... Getting impatient.

Your hair is looking so lovely with your natural colour and your waves coming through! Any day now it’ll be at shoulder all of a sudden.

Stray_mind
March 23rd, 2018, 02:27 AM
Your hair is looking so lovely with your natural colour and your waves coming through! Any day now it’ll be at shoulder all of a sudden.
Thank you for the encouragement..:blossom:

Sometimes i can Feel it brushing my shoulders when i let it loose, but then i take a length pic and it's still curling up and away from them... Well, at least i saw that it covers my neck Completely now and i can put it up in a ponytail without random strands escaping (sometimes they still do though as my hair is slippery)..

Lady Stardust
March 25th, 2018, 06:53 AM
Thank you for the encouragement..:blossom:

Sometimes i can Feel it brushing my shoulders when i let it loose, but then i take a length pic and it's still curling up and away from them... Well, at least i saw that it covers my neck Completely now and i can put it up in a ponytail without random strands escaping (sometimes they still do though as my hair is slippery)..

Yes my hair does the same, it bounces up as though it is being repelled by my shoulders :-)

My nape hairs are too short to stay up at the moment unless I did tiny double French or Dutch plaits.

patienceneeded
March 25th, 2018, 09:02 AM
I'm pretty much at shoulder, but am going to get it cut soon back up to the chin. I'm good with this decision. I do (eventually) want long hair again, but I have an undercut that's growing out and bangs that I'm undecided about. Going back to chin will allow everything to blend and grow as one, rather than looking like a hobo. Chin to shoulder didn't take too long (6 months), so I'm not concerned about going shorter temporarily since it will be better in the long run.

Stray_mind
March 25th, 2018, 09:24 AM
Yes my hair does the same, it bounces up as though it is being repelled by my shoulders :-)

My nape hairs are too short to stay up at the moment unless I did tiny double French or Dutch plaits.

Mine can get into a ponytail, but it is very slippery, so some strands sometimes escape.

Stray_mind
March 31st, 2018, 09:28 PM
So i am finally graduating from this thread and onto Shoulder to APL thread
It's been difficult 7.5 months of growing, but i liked being here with you guys!

Keep growing and let's meet in the next thread! :cheer:

MissMuse
April 1st, 2018, 01:03 AM
Yay stray mind, I'll be joining you soon I hope. I had a little set back but in a good way, I got my mullet trimmed so now it's all one length!! I feel like that's a major achievement and it looks nice now. That means it's just above shoulder so I'll be here a while but it's so nice to finally have it all the same length

Lady Stardust
April 1st, 2018, 03:35 AM
So i am finally graduating from this thread and onto Shoulder to APL thread
It's been difficult 7.5 months of growing, but i liked being here with you guys!

Keep growing and let's meet in the next thread! :cheer:

Congratulations, that’s fantastic! I’m going to miss you here, you’ve always been very welcoming and encouraging, but I’ll see you in the next thread :-)

Yay stray mind, I'll be joining you soon I hope. I had a little set back but in a good way, I got my mullet trimmed so now it's all one length!! I feel like that's a major achievement and it looks nice now. That means it's just above shoulder so I'll be here a while but it's so nice to finally have it all the same length

Oh that’s a great feeling isn’t it :-)

I had a “can I call it?” moment yesterday but I think I’m going to stick with my resolve and wait until the front reaches my collarbone, because it will consistently look shoulder length no matter how flippy it decides to be. I reckon another 3 months including a half inch trim scheduled for May.

MissMuse
April 2nd, 2018, 12:02 AM
I think I can graduate in three months too lady stardust :) actually, I can before then I think but I am a bit intimidated to move into the shoulder to apl thread before it's going to be AGES before we can move out of there. Does anyone know how long it takes from shoulder to apl? *Disclaimer I know all hair is different just interested in a rough idea :)

PS I got my first hair compliment the other night, the guy was drunk haha but he said he loved my 'lob' 😁😁

Lady Stardust
April 2nd, 2018, 03:33 AM
I think I can graduate in three months too lady stardust :) actually, I can before then I think but I am a bit intimidated to move into the shoulder to apl thread before it's going to be AGES before we can move out of there. Does anyone know how long it takes from shoulder to apl? *Disclaimer I know all hair is different just interested in a rough idea :)

PS I got my first hair compliment the other night, the guy was drunk haha but he said he loved my 'lob' ����

Drunk compliments count just as well as sober compliments!

I know exactly what you mean about not rushing to the next thread. I measured the distance to APL yesterday and I think it’s about 4.5 inches from collarbone for me. I have 2 inches trimmed a year so it’ll take me just over a year from collarbone, assuming average growth of half an inch per month. It’s hard to say when I’m not even at collarbone yet, the measurements are probably not accurate. I make collarbone about 18 inches and APL 22.5 inches.

JEMTheNerd
April 10th, 2018, 09:25 PM
Yay! A thread I can join in on! :D

What updos can I manage:

Well, truthfully I can't actually do a whole lot with my hair. I tend to just leave it down and tuck it behind my ears (I'm still super joyful to be able to accomplish just that)
If it's windy, I pony tail it with like five clippies to help tame the strands that aren't quite long enough to be ponytailed all the way. I'm also learning the pull through braid!

[B]What is my final goal length[B]

If I do decide to continue growing my hair long, I may just go for hip length and decide from there. I'd fancy having knee length, ultimately though.

[B]Style hair that is not that short, yet still not long[B]

I'll either clippy em' back if I am doing a pony tail, and if I leave it down as I usually do, I don't really notice unless the strands slip from behind my headphones which in that case I remove the headphones, tuck my hair behind my ear and resume my jam.

Lady Stardust
April 11th, 2018, 02:56 AM
Yay! A thread I can join in on! :D

What updos can I manage:

Well, truthfully I can't actually do a whole lot with my hair. I tend to just leave it down and tuck it behind my ears (I'm still super joyful to be able to accomplish just that)
If it's windy, I pony tail it with like five clippies to help tame the strands that aren't quite long enough to be ponytailed all the way. I'm also learning the pull through braid!

[B]What is my final goal length[B]

If I do decide to continue growing my hair long, I may just go for hip length and decide from there. I'd fancy having knee length, ultimately though.

[B]Style hair that is not that short, yet still not long[B]

I'll either clippy em' back if I am doing a pony tail, and if I leave it down as I usually do, I don't really notice unless the strands slip from behind my headphones which in that case I remove the headphones, tuck my hair behind my ear and resume my jam.

Hey, welcome to the thread, it’s great to have you with us!

Being able to tuck your hair behind your ears is just amazing isn’t it. I think the benefit of having very short hair previously is that we’re not self conscious about keeping our hair off our faces.

It’s good to have a musician around, I saw in your profile that you play piano. Me too, it was so important to me when I was at school. A great way to get rid of frustration and to provide a distraction.

leavesoflorien
April 12th, 2018, 10:35 AM
Hi everyone.

A few days ago my dad passed away and in my grief I decided it would be a good idea to cut my past-APL hair off at the shoulder, which I royally screwed up and had to have fixed by a hairdresser friend of my family. Now my hair is somewhere between my chin and my shoulder and I miss my long hair already! I'm immediately getting started on growing it out again, and my eventual goal is to get to classic. On the bright side, I was able to get rid of the last few inches of commercial dye I'd been growing out since I started henna-ing in 2015. My hair feels very healthy and light, which is nice coming into summer.

Pictures below are of me about three weeks ago (with Gandalf!) with APL hair, and then from this morning- please excuse the bare face :)

http://i63.tinypic.com/10r0eax.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/20a75nc.jpg

Lady Stardust
April 12th, 2018, 02:27 PM
Hi everyone.

A few days ago my dad passed away and in my grief I decided it would be a good idea to cut my past-APL hair off at the shoulder, which I royally screwed up and had to have fixed by a hairdresser friend of my family. Now my hair is somewhere between my chin and my shoulder and I miss my long hair already! I'm immediately getting started on growing it out again, and my eventual goal is to get to classic. On the bright side, I was able to get rid of the last few inches of commercial dye I'd been growing out since I started henna-ing in 2015. My hair feels very healthy and light, which is nice coming into summer.

Pictures below are of me about three weeks ago (with Gandalf!) with APL hair, and then from this morning- please excuse the bare face :)

http://i63.tinypic.com/10r0eax.jpg
http://i65.tinypic.com/20a75nc.jpg

Iím so sorry for your loss. Huge hugs x

A few years ago, I hennaed my hair so that I would look nice for my mumís funeral. Iíd hennaed many times before but grief definitely messes with your normal functioning...I didnít section my hair, just slapped it on, with no gloves! I kinda came to when I wondered why it didnít usually get under my fingernails.

You have absolutely beautiful hair, it looks great at its current length and previously. The good thing is that you know you can grow to a decent length and that it suits you (my own insecurities popping up there) and, as you said, youíve got rid of the chemical dye that you were growing out.

MissMuse
April 29th, 2018, 03:11 AM
Hi everyone :)
I haven't posted for a month, same same here. Hair is 1/2 inch longer. I'm going to officially be here forever I think it's growing so slowly haha
Now that I can put the majority of my hair up it's just going to be set and forget for a few months and hopefully surprise me one day with some length.
I'm going to stop dying it soon if I can cope with that.
Hope everyone else is ok :)

Lady Stardust
April 29th, 2018, 05:12 AM
Hi MissMuse, itís good to hear you can get most of your hair up, I think that helps a lot! I try to do the same, it has a few benefits to it...it keeps the ends from rubbing on stuff or getting caught when my daughter throws her arms around my neck, it means Iím not constantly staring at the ends and wondering about their condition and how long itíll be until theyíre further down, and lastly, a change is as good as a rest! Itís ages since I could do any hairstyles so Iím enjoying trying things out.

Iím pretty much at shoulder really, the back and the sides are there, Iím just waiting for the front to reach collarbone. I reckon most people would have called it by now but my shoulders slope so when itís collarbone length itíll be just past the lowest part of my shoulders. Iím having half an inch trimmed off at the end of May so I reckon Iím here for another couple of months.

The good news is, I think Iím past the most awkward stage. My hair doesnít look silly when it flips up now, it just looks relaxed and intentional. Thank goodness.

MissMuse
April 29th, 2018, 05:11 PM
I've got sloping shoulders too and think by June or July I'll definitely be in the next thread. I think realistically without cuts I've got 12 months til APL but when you think about it, I started posting here 7months ago and that's gone pretty fast, I've gone from chin to almost shoulder in that time. It's hard not to obsess over it though. I always had such long hair when I was younger and totally took it for granted!!

MissMuse
April 29th, 2018, 05:13 PM
My hair still looks ridiculous though when untamed,its very thick and sticky-outy. Lions mane would sum it up pretty accurately haha. I wish I could get away with just leaving it out but it needs a lot more length and weight before that can happen.