PDA

View Full Version : Chin | Shoulder | Collarbone

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Sterlyn
February 8th, 2013, 07:26 PM
sorry meant to say; Hoping to see waist in 3 years, by the time I hit 50 not but :rolleyes:

AnnaB
February 24th, 2013, 02:43 PM
hey guys. how are all doing?
Here to share my progress
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd503/Anna_Butyrina/july-dec-feb_zpsbefd49b6.png

do we think I hit shoulders or do I need another month?

Sterlyn
February 24th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Looks like shoulder to me, congrats :)

Fufu
February 25th, 2013, 01:07 PM
I'm definitely going to follow this thread.

I chopped off my hair around near-waist length to chin length. Most people thought I've gone nuts chopping off that much of hair. I've spotted short hair for about months (can't remember how long), enjoyed the days with short hair and I intend to regrow my hair again, starting afresh.

Simone_Fatale
February 25th, 2013, 05:07 PM
hey guys. how are all doing?
Here to share my progress
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd503/Anna_Butyrina/july-dec-feb_zpsbefd49b6.png

do we think I hit shoulders or do I need another month?

Shoulder it is! Congrats on the lovely progress :)

I chopped off my hair around near-waist length to chin length. Most people thought I've gone nuts chopping off that much of hair. I've spotted short hair for about months (can't remember how long), enjoyed the days with short hair and I intend to regrow my hair again, starting afresh.

Welcome to the thread and happy growing! :)

Sterlyn
February 26th, 2013, 07:18 AM

Welcome Fufu, this thread gets kinda quiet at times, it will be good to have some extra company. I for one will be here for a while yet.

Fufu
February 26th, 2013, 08:11 AM
AnnaB: Congrats :) Definitely shoulder length ^_^

Thanks Sterlyn and Simone_Fatale

Sterlyn
February 26th, 2013, 08:28 AM
And AnnaB; wanted to add in my original post to you;
I envy you getting to shoulder so quickly, it seems to have taken forever for my hair get this far and shoulder still seems so far away.
So congrats again on meeting your goal.

RubyTuesday
March 8th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Tra la la I have a proper bob. I like to think I look very French.... in reality I probably look a bit shaggy, but my God, it is better than that awful pixie. If I ever suggest short hair again, take me outside and punch me.
I am beginning to feel like myself again. Amazing what hair can do for a person :)

jennafrogg
March 8th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Ha RubyTuesday, my husband says never again am I allowed to chop my hair off again. He's tired of hearing me complain about my hair.

fungo
March 8th, 2013, 11:41 PM
Hello, I hope I can join this thread. I am growing out a terrible mullet style which is chin length at the front and longer at the back. The layers make braiding difficult but do want to progress from a ponytail which is all I can manage. I made some knitted dreads to make it look longer.

Sterlyn
March 9th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Hello, I hope I can join this thread. I am growing out a terrible mullet style which is chin length at the front and longer at the back. The layers make braiding difficult but do want to progress from a ponytail which is all I can manage. I made some knitted dreads to make it look longer.
The more the merrier, could use more people, to help liven up this thread. :)
I am also rather impatiently waiting for my hair to get back to shoulder. Looking forward to my summer growth spurt.

Sterlyn
March 9th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Ha RubyTuesday, my husband says never again am I allowed to chop my hair off again. He's tired of hearing me complain about my hair.
LOL my husband feels the same way I think, he very patiently listened to me for months as my hair grew at what seemed a snails pace. I'm pretty sure this last episode cured me of any pixie desires I might have for the rest of my life. :D

jackgirl
March 9th, 2013, 04:21 PM

Hiya! I remembered the other day (and posted in another thread) a style I used to do when growing out the mullet. I separated it into 3 or 4 sections and then made mini french twists out of it with little clips - which held the layers in too. It looked pretty cute! Sadly I can't find any photos of it or I'd post them up.

chen bao jun
March 9th, 2013, 04:43 PM
I don't know if I belong in this thread or not. My hair is actually almost bra strap when stretched but its not quite at my shoulders curly--shrinkage, shrinkage. I am hoping for bra strap length curly though, so maybe here is where I belong. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to post attachments yet.

fungo
March 9th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Jack girl, I wish I could braid. I have tried but I just get tied in knots :(

fungo
March 11th, 2013, 04:18 AM
So tempted to go for a trim today. It's a choice between getting rid of faded dye and losing length or keeping growing and tie my hair up so I can only see new growth. I want both, sadly it's not going to happen. I think I will choose growth but I was wondering if it is possible to trim and grow. I know it would be a slower growth rate but maybe 1/4 of inch every 3 months? Would only be an inch loss in year, I think?

Lady Mary
March 11th, 2013, 01:41 PM
This is where I'm at now. Not quite at shoulder. It's sort of brushing but not really resting there yet. So close!

SunlightShines
March 12th, 2013, 08:00 PM
This is where I'm at too. I cut off all my damaged hair to start out new and healthy. I have a bob with layers in the back and the front peaks out in points a little bit. It wasn't what I envisioned when I got it cut, but the hairdresser did a great job and was able to get rid of almost all the damaged hair. Now I just need to be patient & try to enjoy the style while it's still fresh & fun! :)

kellinaturalmom
March 13th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Hello Everyone, I was wondering what constitutes shoulder length? My hair touches my collarbone in the front and kind of skims the area between my neck and shoulder. How will I know it has reached "shoulder length"?

fungo
March 14th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Hello Everyone, I was wondering what constitutes shoulder length? My hair touches my collarbone in the front and kind of skims the area between my neck and shoulder. How will I know it has reached "shoulder length"?

My hair sounds about the same length as yours, I have a kink in my hair so it's hard to see exactly were it is. I posted a photo on the No Trims 2013 thread :)

Katze
May 30th, 2013, 02:08 AM
I'm baaack! Decided to grow my hair back out for now, unless/until this awkward length gets totally unbearabl or we get a hot summer oR...OR... :)
Because my waves only start at chin, this is a really awkward length for me, and my hair only seems to look nice if blowdried. Now that it is short ( I was APL/BSL for ten years) I wash it more because there is nowhere for the sebum to grow, but I am experimenting with different washes and products.

My question for all of you is: what do you do with flippy, not-quite waves, and ends that do their own thing? the last time my hair was this short, I didn't know it was wavy so I heat-styled the heck out of it to get it not to 'bump'. Now that I know these are the beginnings of waves, I don't know quite what to do with them!

Neecola
May 30th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Hey Katze! My hair is curly so I can empathize with the craziness at shorter lengths. I wore lots of headbands and bobby pins. Have you tried gel or leave ins to help with the little "flicks"?

rainfortheend
May 30th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Braidwaves. I started doing them at jaw length, since I'm also at chin and in the 2A crazy zone. I get the awful 70s flips, with a couple random ringlets thrown in for teh lulz. My hair never dries the same twice!

I wash my hair every other day in the evening. Just before bed, I'll put it in 4-6 teensy little braids, then stuff the braids under my sleep cap. Then voilà! Evenly textured, lasting waves!

http://i41.tinypic.com/25q9c15.jpg

Messyhair
July 10th, 2013, 09:35 AM
At last I've found this thread!!!

My hair is about chin length now, and I'm growing out some henna that I've managed to fade dramatically. I'll be trimming off a bit here and there to get rid of the red colour, but allowing my length to grow out a bit at the same time. Suffice it to say that summer heat and hair that isn't long enough to completely put up = very sweaty and not comfy! So long enough for a pony stub would be great while this colour grows out.

Agnieszka
July 10th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I'm also growing out some henna. That's why I'm still at long bob length. Just trimming a bit now and then until it's gone. And it takes ages!

Messyhair
July 10th, 2013, 12:27 PM
I'm also growing out some henna. That's why I'm still at long bob length. Just trimming a bit now and then until it's gone. And it takes ages!

Yup, that's exactly what I've been doing, but I realized too late that my hair isn't long enough for a ponytail when we got a heatwave for a week. Ugh! Now it has cooled down, but it's still quite humid and I feel gross with sticky hair on my neck. All I can manage is a half-updo, which provides a bit of relief, but I think I need to grow the length a little bit so I can have a wee ponytail for the summer and then maintain the length until this red is gone.

Messyhair
July 16th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Oh wow! I saw a pic that a friend posted from Sunday and I have big-time roots!!! It's much easier to see them in the pic than in the mirror. I'm so happy they've grown out so much! I have a good 2" at least!!!!

seamonster
July 20th, 2013, 02:24 AM
Hi All,

I am new to the board, and growing my tightly coiled hair out. It is so hard to length check because it is neck length when I wet style it, but barely shoulder length if I let it dry in braids.

Messyhair
July 25th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Hi All,

I am new to the board, and growing my tightly coiled hair out. It is so hard to length check because it is neck length when I wet style it, but barely shoulder length if I let it dry in braids.

Well, better than mine... I can only get to shoulder length if I have a dangling loose hair. None of my actual living hairs can get past my chin. :p

blace
August 22nd, 2013, 08:44 AM
This thread seems rather quiet...but I thought that I would chime in anyways:

I've been growing out since April from a short, jaw length bob. Last night I had some time on my hands so I washed and managed to get my hair to dry rather straightly (I'm a 2a/b).
I measured my hair at the end of July at 16.5" and last night I got a little anxious (it's not the 31st yet) and measured myself at 17.5". I couldn't believe my eyes! I checked and rechecked the measurement and it came back the same each time. I have never had growth like this in my entire life and it's making me wish that I had joined here sooner and started measuring back in April. I still have a lot of layering going on...but I'll deal with that down the road.
Anyways...can I call this shoulder length yet? For some reason I'm feeling like I need another inch or so to feel comfortable marking off this milestone. Shoulder is such an arbitrary length...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/___excess/should1new_zps274d374c.jpg

Sorry about the poor picture btw, I wasn't intending to post it. I just got so excited!
My ultimate goal is waist or a little past...and that's still looking so far away in this photo. It's nice to know though that everything is actually moving along. :happydance:

RedNymph
August 22nd, 2013, 09:02 AM
This thread seems rather quiet...but I thought that I would chime in anyways:

I've been growing out since April from a short, jaw length bob. Last night I had some time on my hands so I washed and managed to get my hair to dry rather straightly (I'm a 2a/b).
I measured my hair at the end of July at 16.5" and last night I got a little anxious (it's not the 31st yet) and measured myself at 17.5". I couldn't believe my eyes! I checked and rechecked the measurement and it came back the same each time. I have never had growth like this in my entire life and it's making me wish that I had joined here sooner and started measuring back in April. I still have a lot of layering going on...but I'll deal with that down the road.
Anyways...can I call this shoulder length yet? For some reason I'm feeling like I need another inch or so to feel comfortable marking off this milestone. Shoulder is such an arbitrary length...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/___excess/should1new_zps274d374c.jpg

Sorry about the poor picture btw, I wasn't intending to post it. I just got so excited!
My ultimate goal is waist or a little past...and that's still looking so far away in this photo. It's nice to know though that everything is actually moving along. :happydance:

Congrats! The most satisfying thing is seeing results:)

SunlightShines
August 25th, 2013, 01:35 PM
I've been growing out a stacked bob since February. It seems like I haven't grown very much in the past 6 mth, but I can finally see some progress. I think I'm almost to shoulder! :) http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z123/kannayres/Hair/Progresspic_zpsff7c2b69.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/user/kannayres/media/Hair/Progresspic_zpsff7c2b69.jpg.html)

grungy haze
August 25th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I'm only JUST at chin right now. My fringe is at the end of my nose when stretched. It's frustrating, and I've got damage, which at this length, is just annoying. I really don't want to start trimming again until about shoulder, though. This stage is just too much awkwardness. I was trimming so much at first that I think the worst of it is gone now. These pictures aren't great but you get the idea.

(this one is especially terrible, but I wasn't really trying to get a good shot of my hair. This was sometime in June:
http://oi43.tinypic.com/6itbes.jpg

And this is today:
http://oi43.tinypic.com/2ibnwvo.jpg

blace
August 26th, 2013, 10:43 AM
I've been growing out a stacked bob since February. It seems like I haven't grown very much in the past 6 mth, but I can finally see some progress. I think I'm almost to shoulder! :) http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z123/kannayres/Hair/Progresspic_zpsff7c2b69.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/user/kannayres/media/Hair/Progresspic_zpsff7c2b69.jpg.html)

I see quite a bit of progress! Do you measure your hair at all?

SunlightShines
August 30th, 2013, 05:21 PM
I see quite a bit of progress! Do you measure your hair at all?

I haven't been measuring since I cut all the damage, but I'll do it tonight and see how long it is. (Do you measure from the scalp to the ends or from the front of your forehead down the length?) Right now I've got a deep conditioner in. I'm trying Hask Macadamia Oil Hydrating deep conditioner. I've got to say... this stuff smells great. Kind of like vanilla frosting! YUM!!!

SunlightShines
August 31st, 2013, 07:07 AM
When I measure from my forehead/hairline to the ends at the back, it's 16 inches. When I measure from my scalp to the ends of my shortest section (at the back of my head), it's 7 inches.

Rebeccalaurenxx
September 11th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Im a wurly and my hair is lightly hitting shoulder. But I cant count it just yet because some areas of my head aren't hitting shoulder yet. Uneven growth! Ugh. Im like, hoping, in like 2-3 months it will be a solid shoulder! Maybe by november 1st when I length check again. :P

silver curls
September 27th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Bumping...

battles
September 27th, 2013, 02:19 PM
I need short haired people to talk to! :wail: (Thank you for the bump!)

I did a kind of rope crown braid into little piggy stubs today. It feels nice being out of my face. It seems to be growing quite fast with sulfate free shampoo, as well. :)

BeccaAngel
September 27th, 2013, 02:23 PM
I am Soooooo close to being shoulder length, like not even an inch away from it. I'm so excited and cant wait till its passed shoulders :p

silver curls
September 27th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Yay BeccaAngel!!!

battles
September 29th, 2013, 02:28 PM
I'm really enjoying having my hair all one length! My skin looks much nicer since I don't have hair laying on my forehead all the time, and I like being able to see all of my face. I'm about 3/4 inch past chin right now..

This is the only style I've figured out so far.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6675&d=1380486433

mscm
September 30th, 2013, 08:09 AM
My final goal length is waist. What a lovely feeling that would be! Have started with msm also so hopefully there is some results to be seen soon:)

bananahanna
September 30th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Yay! A thread that i can join :) how exciting. Well i had BSL hair in january, 2013. trimmed to armpit in june of that year (i had a lot of breakage and split ends from 4-5 years of black to blonde to brown to red to blonde to brown/black to blonde again, leaving my hair with a lot to be desired) Soooo i had hair in much better condition at that point but it had about four inches of "roots" about four from my last stint of lightening and four+++ of some other color i can't even remember doing.

ANYWAYYYY, i decided it would be a great idea cutting my APL+ hair into an A Line in august 2013. That was about a month and a half ago now, and my hair dusts my shoulders when wet! YAY :) however, dry it still has another inch plus to go :(
And your questions:

What updos can you manage, if any?
I just found out i (almost) can do an updo! Its the front pieces french braided down my face like a head band. My bangs get pinned/bumped back, and the "length" gets pulled back into a pony tail.

And how do you do them?
Hehe, i just explained this. Frenching the sides around my face, bumping the bangs, and pony tail the back. It's a little nub of a pony tail, but it's mine :)

What is your final goal length?
Oh jeez, i really don't know. I'm thinking waist or hip. i figured that once i'm that long i can decide whether to stay there and maintain, or just go the easy route and keep growing.

How do you style hair that is not that short, yet still definitely not long?
I wear it down pretty often because it's not nearly long enough to touch anything or get in the way much at all.
It dries pretty straight at this length (past armpit i get a nice wave, i wish i could post a picture) so i mostly let it be.
At work i do that updo i mentioned except normally i just bobby pin the sides back as well.

SunlightShines
November 8th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I've been at the same length since August. I think all the stress from my old job was the problem. Since then, I was laid-off and now have a new job that I really like and it is pretty much stress free. Praying that now things have settled down my hair starts growing again. :pray:

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z123/kannayres/Hair/th_005-1_zpsc6c1a0df.jpg (http://s189.photobucket.com/user/kannayres/media/Hair/005-1_zpsc6c1a0df.jpg.html)

Of the Fae
November 9th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Okay I'm not sure if I belong in this thread yet. I have a sort of mohawk type of cut I'm growing out.
So the sides are pixie, the middle that is worn to the side is about past the bottom of my ear. However the mullet is definitely past chin if you measure. So I'm a little confused as to where I am now when it comes to length as it differs depending on the area of my head..
Am I allowed in :P ?

Ashflower89
November 9th, 2013, 05:20 PM
I guess I'm part of this club, 6 months post pixie. Trying to grow out all kinds of annoying layers. My longest parts are right in front of my ears, they hang almost at chin. I finally got the back evened out to the sides, but there are two shorter spots where they were above my ears during the pixie. A previous mullet cut went a little too far so now there are random angled layers all over the back. I can't WAIT for these ear layers to make it to shoulder, then the shorter spots should be chin by then.

Arctic
November 10th, 2013, 05:16 PM
My hair's approx. half way down my neck, so this is a good thread for me! When I reach shoulder I am at the same length again than when I joined LHC years ago!

Right now I have problems growing out my nape hairs which are rather layered and thinned: they get "exploded" looking and mullety fast. Another problem, related to the first one, is that at this length I am quite OCD about even hemline...

battles
November 10th, 2013, 05:26 PM
I think I'm about an inch or so from shoulder.. I'm so anxious to be able to do updos again.

BowTie
November 10th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Hi all. I belong here. My hair is currently around my neck and I can't wait it to grow!

What updos if you can manage if any?
french twist, peacock twist, fake dutch braid crown, fake broad crown braid, french braid, dutch braid, small cinnamon bun, ponytail. I'm doing wearyour hair up challenge so I have to be creative.

And how do you do them?
A bit of practicing, good hairtoys and bobby pins :)

What is your final goal lenght?
Classic in that year when I turn 30... 7 years:)

Jolly-Good-Show
November 11th, 2013, 04:56 PM
I'm neck length too! My ultimate goal is waist! I remember when I decided to chop my previously waist length hair off for the first time ;_; since then, I've never had the patience to let it get that long. Until now!!! I am so fiercely determined!! :D

Ksears4
December 30th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I am new here, and starting on my adventure to grow my hair to waist length. Right now It is at the bottom of my neck, not quite at my shoulders. This is the hardest part to persevere through. It seems like it just takes forever to get through this stage.

DebieT
December 30th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Same here, at about my neck. Maybe if the waves were stretched, it would be almost top of shoulders. I can't wait! I am also interested in different hair styles while growing out.

HairFaerie
January 3rd, 2014, 07:39 PM
I am almost at shoulder again! Maybe another month or so. I can't wait to reach it and start to move past it. It seems like that is the length where I always get frustrated and cut it back to pixie. I want to make it past that this time!

vickinight
February 13th, 2014, 04:00 PM
I hadn't seen this thread before joining in on Super-Shorties! Well, a whole lot of my hair does technically have my membership in there too! (A lot of my hair is very short, especially at the top of my head.) And I will also continue to read there.

Now, I'm also enjoying reading through this thread (going backwards, at about page 20 right now) and seeing everyone's progress... and feeling inspired that maybe I can pull off the act of growing chin to shoulder. Some of my hair might technically be "shoulder-length" but it's a mullet deal thing and I don't think it quite counts yet ;).

I am almost at shoulder again! Maybe another month or so. I can't wait to reach it and start to move past it. It seems like that is the length where I always get frustrated and cut it back to pixie. I want to make it past that this time!

HairFaerie, I am literally just now still staring at your growth pictures (Dec. '12-Jan '13) and am in awe! I'm excited for you! Since your last post in this thread was a month ago (Jan. '14), you're probably at shoulder now and have "graduated" this thread? Congrats! Either way, Happy Growing!

Anyone else making this journey? I would love company!
I can't wait to start posting monthly pictures in the big thread for that! But I also love seeing the progress pics here in monthlies by others with similar hair length. Shall we?

HairFaerie
February 13th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Thank you, Vickinight! I am just barely brushing shoulder but hesitate to really call it shoulder just yet...I am way past due for some growth pics. Maybe I will bribe my son or husband tomorrow to take some...hahaha!

Addy
February 13th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Hi VickiNight! I think I belong here now since I've hit chin/jaw length in my opinion. I've posted in the super shorties thread without much feed back so I'm ready to move on to another thread. I should be here for a few months til I hit solid shoulder. I'd love to join you and share pics. :)

Here is my current pic taken on 2/5/14. I have the front pushed back towards my ears. I'll take a pic later with it all combed down, over my ears. I've been trimming myself.
http://s30.postimg.org/jnacptag1/Hair_pic_2_5_14.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

turtlelover
February 13th, 2014, 10:22 PM
I think I probably belong here, too, and not in the super shorties thread since my hair is now getting somewhat closer to shoulder. I don't think it is there yet, but as you can see in my avatar, it is heading that direction. I've had a bad couple of years for hair w/ several big chops, but I'm hoping to settle into a year of little to no trimming since I finally got rid of the A line shape from last year's stacked bob, and have more of a U shape now which I'm not crazy about NOW, but which I'll like once it passes shoulder later on.

Addy
February 13th, 2014, 11:10 PM
turtlelover your hair is so pretty and looks super thick too. You shouldn't be here too long before you're on to the next thread of Shoulder to APL!

turtlelover
February 14th, 2014, 03:36 AM
Addy, people tell me all the time that my hair looks really thick, but it is really just poofy I think! ;-) I will be excited to get back to shoulder. I also am trying to lose 23 pounds, so I also need to be conscious of trying to get enough protein, iron, vitamins, and minerals while I am reducing calories since I don't want to stall my growth.

mrs_coffee
February 14th, 2014, 04:58 AM
Oh, I guess I didn't know about this thread. I posted in the super shorties, but I really belong here since my hair is a bit past chin length right now. My hair was waist length, but I chopped it to get rid of years of henna and some damaged ends. I originally chopped to shoulder but there was too much henna left, so chin it is.

I'm back to my natural dark brown color now and very happy about that. Wishing you all fast growth! :)

turtlelover
February 14th, 2014, 08:35 AM
I went out this morning and bought a high quality multivitamin. I haven't been eating the healthiest stuff recently, and I am hoping that that might help fill in any gaps in my nutrient intake caused by falling off the wagon. I DEFINITELY feel better when eating healthy food/taking quality supplements, and if it helps my hair grow faster, that will be an added bonus!

mrs_coffee
February 14th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Turtlelover, I've done the same thing, re: my diet. I spent the dark winter months eating really crappily. Too much processed stuff and too much junk in general. I started improving my diet a couple of weeks ago and I already feel much better and am sleeping better.

omgitssarah
February 14th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Hi! I guess I belong here, I just posted my most recent length picture on the super-shorties thread. My goal is layer-free classic, but my current plan is to let this cut grow to shoulder, then stay there and trim until my layers are gone. Shoulder was my favorite length, so that works out. :D

turtlelover
February 14th, 2014, 04:39 PM
I'm struggling at the moment. I love my hair very short and layered -- either a longish pixie-crop or stacked bob w/ lots of layers, OR very long and one length (aside from a bit of face framing) but the in betweens are hard for me. No matter WHAT I do, I struggle around shoulder length. Once it heads toward APL, I seem less tempted to hack it all off! ;-) I can tolerate shoulder length better w/ a LOT of layering, but it kind of defeats the purpose to keep on layering it when I eventually want to get rid of the layers. I wish my hair was a smidge longer so I could just put it up and forget it for awhile, instead of constantly obsessing about the fact that I want to either chop it off or have it instantly grow a foot. LOL

Addy
February 14th, 2014, 08:04 PM
My diet over the summer was horrible turtlelover! My stress level was through the roof too because my husband was in a near fatal motorcycle accident and my head was spinning! I was just starting to grow out the pixie and was ignoring it. When I look back on it, most of July, and on is a blur to me. All I can say is that it was very traumatizing for me and him both.

I've recently started back to the gym. I'll have 3 months smoke free on the 18th and cardio has been a breeze breathing wise. I've cleaned my diet up and I've gotten back to weight lifting. The scale may not budge much in the next few months but my pants will fall off of me! I can't wait to get back into my skinny jeans. lol My hair will grow faster too!

If I could tell you how I feel about my length right now, I HATE IT! Once I hit shoulder and beyond, I will be okay! Ugh... I am not a short haired girl at all!

noludoru
February 14th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Do I belong here yet??

http://distilleryimage11.ak.instagram.com/174dff86826711e3860d0e19eeb9971f_8.jpg

turtlelover
February 14th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Addy, I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I can only imagine how stressful that would be. I hope that he is recovering now!

turtlelover
February 14th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Noluduro, it looks like chin to me :-) I like your haircolor, by the way.

Addy
February 14th, 2014, 10:11 PM
He is recovering nicely considering he should be dead. That sounds awful but even his neuro said it. Not many people wreck a bike like he did and live to tell about it.

Nolu... you belong here!

turtlelover
February 15th, 2014, 08:20 AM
I recently decided I want to go back to my natural color (which has some significant amounts of gray in it), so I pulled most of the demi color out of my hair w/ Vitamin C. I am thinking of buying some Aveda color enhancing shampoo and conditioner just to see if it will temporarily tone down the gray roots while they grow out. However, I AM missing my dark auburn haircolor, and am kind of afraid I'm going to cave in and color again. :tmi:I miss the richness of the haircolor, though I feel like a slave to the touchups.

mrs_coffee
February 15th, 2014, 10:01 AM
I am the worst selfie taker in the history of ever, but this is where I am with my hair right now. Someday I will learn to look into the camera as opposed to the button on my phone/camera.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm215/tackyblueeyeshadow/2b565faa-d958-44fd-8b94-475bbbb53096_zpsabbf123d.jpg

HairFaerie
February 15th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Here is where I am. Sooooooo close to shoulder!
http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae226/LavonneP/e7a694f8-be75-4573-8844-9794d55edb39_zps9225b78b.jpg (http://s974.photobucket.com/user/LavonneP/media/e7a694f8-be75-4573-8844-9794d55edb39_zps9225b78b.jpg.html)

Leafy
February 15th, 2014, 12:48 PM
I'm looking forward to joining this thread soon, hopefully by around summer time. So I wanted to say a big hi to you all!

As of right now, I'm not quite at chin length from growing out a pixie, but I'm not too far off now.
As soon as my layers have grown out and I have a one-length chin bob, I will be settling down in this thread.
I don't think I'll be saying good-bye to the Super Shortie thread for a while though until I hit BSL, which has been my longest length~

Anyway, Happy Growing to you all and I look forward to posting here alongside you all in a few months time! I'm very excited and looking forward to reaching my next milestone and catching up on your stories!

~Leafy Ria

mrs_coffee
February 15th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Hi Leafy. :) You have beautiful eyes and remind me of Mia Kirshner. HairFaerie, you are super close!

Leafy
February 15th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Hi Leafy. :) You have beautiful eyes and remind me of Mia Kirshner.

Thank you! I've just had to google that name and I think I can see where you're coming from a little bit. ^-^

I forgot to add that I'd probably 'be at shoulder' without my mullet trims, but seeing as I'm trying to grow out one-lenth, only my shortest layer counts!

My next layer outside of my piggies is a tiny bit below ear length, so I'll probably post a little more here when that reaches chin, as by then, I'll probably have a kind of layered chin bob. And a tiny broken bit that the top - damage growing out. :laugh:

Not too long now! Perhaps I'll lurk in this thread a little bit and burst out with a big HURRAH when I reach my layered-bob, and start posting more actively when I reach one-length.
Sounds like a plan!

Leafy
February 15th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Ok so I've read just the last couple of pages and decided to take leave of the super shorties thread when I have hit chin like most other people.
Maybe my hair length perception has been warped already by seeing a lot of super-long hairs here on the forum.

I also noticed some people feel this thread has been fairly quiet and welcoming to new company, so I'll try and keep things lively as a single person can that is only just approaching the starter length in this thread, if that keeps the rest of you company.
After all, I'll be here for quite a while until I hit shoulder, so it would be a good idea to get to know you all as fellow chin-shoulder length friends. :)

It is also very nice to see omgitssarah here from the pixie thread - a big, cheerful inspiration of a girl, And also a very helpful as I am only just a little way behind.

I really can't wait to join this thread officially! I'll try and not get too excited and post too much until I properly belong here, but as I said before, I'll be hovering around. :disco:

Loviatar
February 15th, 2014, 04:56 PM
I belong here now too. My length at the back is past chin but not yet shoulder. The stupid shaggy ex pixie layers in front reach to ear lobes, and my stupider bangs reach to my lower eyelashes.

I can't wait for it to all be one length (maybe excluding the bangs, I might keep them about cheekbone level just for some face framers).

turtlelover
February 15th, 2014, 08:30 PM
I have a lot of layering, too. I think I will leave mine until APL, then gradually trim it out. If I do it at shoulder, I end up w/ a pyramid effect, sadly. I will probably keep a bit of face framing angling -- just a tiny bit in front. I wish I didn't have to think about whether or not to color on top of the growing out layers. LOL

noludoru
February 16th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Yay! So excited to be able to join. It's not chin-length in the front, but it is on the sides, and its almost brushing shoulders in the back. Here are some more from instagram - sorry about the size:

Curly:
http://distilleryimage10.ak.instagram.com/519d9b5a832111e3837f1298c7929b36_8.jpg

Brushed out, this was this week:
http://distilleryimage1.ak.instagram.com/715f1d60974411e3903312e7a940ccf1_8.jpg

Addy
February 17th, 2014, 05:56 AM
I belong here now too. My length at the back is past chin but not yet shoulder. The stupid shaggy ex pixie layers in front reach to ear lobes, and my stupider bangs reach to my lower eyelashes.

I can't wait for it to all be one length (maybe excluding the bangs, I might keep them about cheekbone level just for some face framers).

You just pegged my hair but my bangs are passing my nose now and irritating me beyond belief!

Leafy
February 18th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Change of plan - I've decided to take quite a bit off my hair when I get it 'trimmed' so I can get rid of nearly all the layers.
It's gunna take me up to ear level, so it'll be a guesstimation of about 3 months until I can graduate here?
Maybe give an extra month. Especially if I take the last little layers off after.

Guess I'll take off for now! Nice to say a brief hi, but the tides have turned!

See you all in the summer!

vickinight
February 20th, 2014, 12:39 AM
Hi VickiNight! I think I belong here now since I've hit chin/jaw length in my opinion. I've posted in the super shorties thread without much feed back so I'm ready to move on to another thread. I should be here for a few months til I hit solid shoulder. I'd love to join you and share pics. :)

Here is my current pic taken on 2/5/14. I have the front pushed back towards my ears. I'll take a pic later with it all combed down, over my ears. I've been trimming myself.
http://s30.postimg.org/jnacptag1/Hair_pic_2_5_14.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Hi, Addy! Thanks for the friendly hello! I'm SO sorry I'd disappeared for a bit there. I was in a pit of major guilt over a "trim" that, as happens more often than ever wanted, went overboard and made the left and right quite uneven. I was actually looking forward to finding a camera and taking progress pictures but looks like I'll have to be hiding my hair in a pound of clips for another month at least. I'm debating cutting the mullet at the moment (which actually survived my "trim!") but it's the only thing that allows me to make a ponytail, even if it includes that pound of clips ;).

Your pic, however...

Eegads, that is a gorgeous bodacious bob cut! You mentioned you've been trimming it yourself? You did a great job! Is there a specific method you use? I can't go anywhere without running into "Feye's Trim Method" here but I don't suppose you're using that one since I skimmed info on it and don't think it would work for shorter hair. Your bob actually looks really professional. Not at all like the shaggy layers on my own head right now ;). That cut could take you straight to shoulder! Looking forward to the smooth sailing?

Nice to make your acquaintance and looking forward to seeing you around :D! Happy Growing! Before you know it, you'll be at shoulder, perhaps by summer?

Addy
February 20th, 2014, 03:10 AM
I had 1 professional trim in January. And I didn't get my bottom trimmed the way I wanted it. So I went back in myself and evened up the layers and trimmed the neck line. I've been basically cutting my pixie and neckline for a year by myself since April.

What I do is put my back to the sink mirror and hold a smaller mirror and just trim the neck line. I have to admit it is getting harder because it is getting thicker and thicker now that my layers are growing out. I'll probably let my hair grow until May and have it done by my stylist who knows I'm growing it out. It's not easy, I'll tell you that. It kinda helps that I've held a cosmetology license too. lol Still not easy.

georgia_peach
February 20th, 2014, 04:33 AM
Hi All! My plan is to maintain at chin length and get all of my layers and bangs grown out. Once it's all the same length, I'll start growing past chin.

Addy, I admire you being able to trim your own hair. I am going to try a barber this time for my trims. I think they'll be more likely to help me accomplish my goals. I hope so, anyway.

There are some lovely heads of hair on this thread, by the way! :)

Leafy
February 20th, 2014, 06:24 AM
Gah, I was supposed to have my hair cut today but then a barbering course appeared out of nowhere.
I might stick with my original plan and join soon, as it seems i can only depend on myself for trims. I think the body of my hair might be able to survive without being cut but I wanted to even and neaten everything up.
So i'll be joining in a few months when I start getting hair around chin level.

Ok, leafy is out again - see you in the summer!

vickinight
February 20th, 2014, 12:13 PM
I had 1 professional trim in January. And I didn't get my bottom trimmed the way I wanted it. So I went back in myself and evened up the layers and trimmed the neck line. I've been basically cutting my pixie and neckline for a year by myself since April.

What I do is put my back to the sink mirror and hold a smaller mirror and just trim the neck line. I have to admit it is getting harder because it is getting thicker and thicker now that my layers are growing out. I'll probably let my hair grow until May and have it done by my stylist who knows I'm growing it out. It's not easy, I'll tell you that. It kinda helps that I've held a cosmetology license too. lol Still not easy.

Ahh, cosmetology license! It all makes sense now! :) Yours does look very neatly done. And while I'm far from being any sort of professional, I definitely agree that it's not easy to do on oneself... Especially trimming/cutting your own short hair! There are so many "blind spots" either due to being too short to see the back of the head properly (in mirror even) while trying to make the cut or because your arms and/or scissors get in the way of seeing... :hmm:... And I eventually run out of hands holding mirrors, scissors, the hair itself... Haha. When it was longer, I could find the area and keep the strand in position but pull it to the front. Now, I'm a gymnast in training! ;)

I am still on the lookout for finding a hairstylist in my area (Vancouver, Canada). Are you happy with yours? Do you still work in the industry? And I want to have a style cut for sure as I can't have all one length because in the past when I have, it hasn't worked out for me. But that's just me. Are you personally planning on having layers or all one length? My last cuts were very disappointing but there are definitely great ones out there because I see lots of great hair! I'm making a list by asking those around me who happen to have it :D!

turtlelover
February 20th, 2014, 04:28 PM
I cut my own hair, and today a very sweet lady complimented me on my hair and asked who did it. Then, she asked me if I wanted to cut her hair! I said no, but it was still a compliment! HAHA It IS anxiety provoking to cut my own hair, but probably less so than venturing to an unknown salon w/ an unknown stylist. I had a woman that I liked, but she moved, so now I don't really have anyone that I trust.

Addy
February 21st, 2014, 04:16 AM
Ahh, cosmetology license! It all makes sense now! :) Yours does look very neatly done. And while I'm far from being any sort of professional, I definitely agree that it's not easy to do on oneself... Especially trimming/cutting your own short hair! There are so many "blind spots" either due to being too short to see the back of the head properly (in mirror even) while trying to make the cut or because your arms and/or scissors get in the way of seeing... :hmm:... And I eventually run out of hands holding mirrors, scissors, the hair itself... Haha. When it was longer, I could find the area and keep the strand in position but pull it to the front. Now, I'm a gymnast in training! ;)

I am still on the lookout for finding a hairstylist in my area (Vancouver, Canada). Are you happy with yours? Do you still work in the industry? And I want to have a style cut for sure as I can't have all one length because in the past when I have, it hasn't worked out for me. But that's just me. Are you personally planning on having layers or all one length? My last cuts were very disappointing but there are definitely great ones out there because I see lots of great hair! I'm making a list by asking those around me who happen to have it :D!

It was very hard and it seems the longer it gets the harder it is because now it's getting thicker as it's growing to shoulder! I am not in the industry any longer. I'm in security now which I love. I work by myself which I love even more! lol I love my stylist. I found her right before she cut my waist length hair off due to me ruining it. She cut it into a bob and I was forced to blow it out everyday for work. Well, I was also pulling it out too because it was breaking. So, I just stood in the mirror and started chopping it off into the pixie. Everyone raved over it... see next quote... lol

I cut my own hair, and today a very sweet lady complimented me on my hair and asked who did it. Then, she asked me if I wanted to cut her hair! I said no, but it was still a compliment! HAHA It IS anxiety provoking to cut my own hair, but probably less so than venturing to an unknown salon w/ an unknown stylist. I had a woman that I liked, but she moved, so now I don't really have anyone that I trust.

I've had so many people ask me, Who did your hair?! TELL ME!!! And when I tell them I did, they all asked me to do theirs. At least a dozen women, total strangers! All of them would freak out in amazement when I said, I do it myself. I know I was certainly nervous when I was cutting mine. I'd go into it carefully and secretly wonder if I was gonna totally botch this cut or what?!

cdonald2
February 21st, 2014, 04:45 AM
im here too. My full goal is WL or MBL. but obviously i have to get to shoulder first ;)

HairFaerie
February 21st, 2014, 07:40 AM
im here too. My full goal is WL or MBL. but obviously i have to get to shoulder first ;)

I tend to get ahead of myself too!

I have to remind myself constantly to stay focused on my "short term goals". I find myself often dreaming of waist length hair and then get frustrated because it isn't quite shoulder yet. If I change my way of thinking to "Wow! I was at pixie and now I am almost at shoulder", it helps me to stay positive. Once I hit shoulder, I will celebrate and then focus on APL! :)

It's hard sometimes especially when I see such beautiful waist length hair on here!

Decemberrose
February 22nd, 2014, 03:15 AM
What comes first, shoulder or collarbone length? Hmmm, can't figure it out :D
I'm about 1 cm from collarbone now, but I don't think I'm at shoulder yet...

I can see that you all list shoulder before collarbone in your signatures.
Am I at shoulder yet?
See february photo in my length album/profile picture...

Maybe my shoulder/collarbone are the same length on me... it seems that way when I measure it...

noludoru
March 3rd, 2014, 08:48 PM
Okay, so I'm having some splits and breakage and major dryness at the ends. I did a coconut oil treatment tonight, but what else can I do to protect the ends? My hair is TOO SHORT to have splits and breakage. I've been conditioner-washing and using argan oil on my ends for ages, so other than not using a harsh brush (which is getting thrown away!) what else can I do?

Leafy
March 4th, 2014, 04:11 AM
The only thing I can think of that I have used myself currently is deep conditioning henna wax treatments
I've been having a few over the months of my growing out my severely abused hair, and not only had it made my hair look less dead, it's now holding on to a soft feel.
I don't believe there is anything that will repair a split end, as hair is dead already and have never seen anything that doesn't just coat/seal the hair. However, I do think having a henna wax treatment would greatly benefit the softness and shine of your hair and prevent split ends and dryness by a godly amount.

I am yet to find/try out a better deep conditioner. I'd even get a home steamer or something because I love it so much - I recommend trying it if you can already.

The only other thing I can say is to trim the splits off and protect your hair as much as you can so it doesn't split in the first place.
I also use a Tangle Teezer, even though I only have short hair myself. I've had amazing results so far with my hair looking thicker and less hair getting broken. That's another idea I can recommend.
I'll be conditioner washing as soon as I've used up my current hair stash, and I also air dry and stay away from straighteners to prevent heat damage.

It's certainly helped me loads, so I hope it will help you. My hair is thicker and more healthy looking already.
If I have any more ideas, I will be sure to share them.

mrs_coffee
March 4th, 2014, 07:04 AM
Okay, so I'm having some splits and breakage and major dryness at the ends. I did a coconut oil treatment tonight, but what else can I do to protect the ends? My hair is TOO SHORT to have splits and breakage. I've been conditioner-washing and using argan oil on my ends for ages, so other than not using a harsh brush (which is getting thrown away!) what else can I do?

Catnip rinses? I use them on my hair to help prevent splits. http://ktanihairsense.blogspot.com/2009/11/part-3-of-4-on-innovative-approaches-to.html

tommyboy
March 4th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Im almost chin with my bangs and longer with the back.

Ashflower89
March 6th, 2014, 04:14 PM
I've posted this pic in a few other threads, but here's my current chin-to-shoulder progress. Started with a pixie May last year, finally done with mullet trims and got a solid hemline now.

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac299/Ashflower89/2014growth_zps3412682e.png

Ashflower89
March 6th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Oops, double post

vickinight
March 6th, 2014, 10:34 PM
I've posted this pic in a few other threads, but here's my current chin-to-shoulder progress. Started with a pixie May last year, finally done with mullet trims and got a solid hemline now.

http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac299/Ashflower89/2014growth_zps3412682e.png

Woohoo, Ashflower89!
I've been away from here myself lately but very nice to see your progress!

mrs_coffee
March 7th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Great progress, ashflower!

Addy
March 7th, 2014, 03:20 PM
I am about where you are too AshFlower! Right now though my right side is doing this AWFUL flip and it's driving me nuts! I need more length to get through it and pull the hair down with weight!

Ashflower89
March 7th, 2014, 05:28 PM
I am about where you are too AshFlower! Right now though my right side is doing this AWFUL flip and it's driving me nuts! I need more length to get through it and pull the hair down with weight!

Cool =) My hair is actually crazy wavy/curly, I guessed it at 2b once. I just always straighten it for my length pictures so it behaves and the comparison is easier. I actually had a dream last night that my hair was APL and I was having so much fun brushing it lol. We'l get there eventually.... at least its not pixie territory anymore.

Addy
March 7th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Here is my flippy flip out! If I blow my hair out on low, I can control it a little more but I just washed and went today.

http://s11.postimg.org/g00l17qxv/3_7_14.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

I want a trim but I think I will hold off until I hit shoulder and just IGNORE it! :lala:

vickinight
March 7th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Here is my flippy flip out! If I blow my hair out on low, I can control it a little more but I just washed and went today.

http://s11.postimg.org/g00l17qxv/3_7_14.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

I want a trim but I think I will hold off until I hit shoulder and just IGNORE it! :lala:

Oh my gosh, rock on, Addy!!! Very nice to see the shades (sunglasses) and sunny weather that we predicted happening in full action now :cool:!
Good vibes being sent! You can power through it! Hopefully it grows out the way you want... So many times (and the reason why I still can't bring myself to post pictures still), I have tried to "fix" the bumpies and flippies by cutting only to find that they do the same darn thing once they grow back to that length shudder:! Although I know a part of that is because I don't have training doing that but another part of it is just how my hair behaves until it gets a certain length. Happy Growing!!! Think of your awesome hair at summertime!!!

Aderyn
March 7th, 2014, 08:16 PM

Dryness at the ends can be a sign of too much buildup so a clarification or chelating (especially if you have hard water) might be needed.

However, you might also be putting too much oil on your ends, as well. A little bit of oil goes a long way.

Last time I did a conditioning protein treatment, my ends were very, very dry so you might have a protein overload, too.

Lots of things to consider.

Addy
March 7th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Oh my gosh, rock on, Addy!!! Very nice to see the shades (sunglasses) and sunny weather that we predicted happening in full action now :cool:!
Good vibes being sent! You can power through it! Hopefully it grows out the way you want... So many times (and the reason why I still can't bring myself to post pictures still), I have tried to "fix" the bumpies and flippies by cutting only to find that they do the same darn thing once they grow back to that length shudder:! Although I know a part of that is because I don't have training doing that but another part of it is just how my hair behaves until it gets a certain length. Happy Growing!!! Think of your awesome hair at summertime!!!

I am hoping for ponytail status soon so I'll just power on through maybe til the end of summer! The front gets in my eyes while I'm doing house work and what not and I am now pinning it back! My bangs are on the verge of lip length and I'm in that stage where I just wanna scream! lol I feel like my hair looks HORRIBLE! My hair has always flipped on one side at very short lengths and it's one reason why I don't want to cut because it will keep doing it!

It was a beautiful day here in Pennsylvania. The sun was out all day and the temps were almost 50 compaired to the artic blasts we've been getting. I enjoyed the sun today!

Addy
March 16th, 2014, 03:07 AM
I got my hair trimmed yesterday and I think it looks so much better, even when wet! I'm going to see how it dries without blowing it out today. I want to start moving away from blowing it out very soon and start oiling it with EVOO. My silvers are very dry and want to fly away.

http://s18.postimg.org/oqcdg3wvd/March_2014.jpg (http://postimage.org/) http://s28.postimg.org/bmuoktiwt/hair_3_15_14.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

I've finally gotten rid of those annoying ear holes left from having the ears cut out from the pixie too!

turtlelover
March 25th, 2014, 11:57 AM
I THINK I am almost at shoulder. I might wait another month or two to take photos and make it "official," but I am pretty sure I am almost there. Of course, my pesky layers make things a pain at times, but that is another issue! HAHA

ErinLeigh
March 25th, 2014, 01:41 PM
I am going to join this thread since I just got a cut with hemline just at shoulder.
I have layers at ear lobe length so may stay here until those hit shoulder as well. I have decided to trim the bottom for a while to rid myself of layers before growing. There is no point in me growing out with layers because I find no one can cut them well enough to make it possible. I wish I could simply not cut and just grow but I am still trimming away damage.
I find having layers causes stylists to cut them too short instead of dusting them. I have been growing out layers for 5 months and they just keep getting shorter with each trim instead of longer. The only way to stop the cycle is let all the hair hit shoulder and then grow it out. I have probably 6 months before I reach that goal by guesstimate.

It really bums me out my layers now are no longer than they were in early November. They should be gone by now but a series of bad cuts has halted any progress made to date.

Here are pictures for progress. This is day 1.
http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af244/coconutcraze/Mobile%20Uploads/bfc92401-5f55-43c0-8bf7-3013dcfddb0d_zpsffc733b2.jpg (http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/coconutcraze/media/Mobile%20Uploads/bfc92401-5f55-43c0-8bf7-3013dcfddb0d_zpsffc733b2.jpg.html)

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af244/coconutcraze/Mobile%20Uploads/c93fa0c6-6120-41d1-87d4-a77b3685a9a2_zps9c7e9fd1.jpg (http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/coconutcraze/media/Mobile%20Uploads/c93fa0c6-6120-41d1-87d4-a77b3685a9a2_zps9c7e9fd1.jpg.html)

cherrybird
March 25th, 2014, 07:24 PM
I'm going to join this thread too. Hi everybody!
I started with a chin length angled bob in August, and trimmed the front bit and a few layers in on the sides. I can't see the back of my head so that is untouched. I started taking 1000 mcg biotin a couple days ago and I am in the middle of my first week of the inversion method. I was suspicious at first but it seems like it might actually be working!
pic of the back of my head for length. I could've sworn my hair was longer than that...
http://imgur.com/tmZrn0a

ErinLeigh I like your haircut! Hopefully it will make it easier for you to keep growing :)

cherrybird
March 25th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Crap, looks like I can't link properly yet. In case you're curious:

http://imgur.com/tmZrn0a

ErinLeigh
March 26th, 2014, 12:31 AM
Thank you! Is that your hair in the link? It has a good shape to grow out. Its lovely now and will he lovely long with that texture!

I will try the inversion method with you. I have one of those inversion racks. I should climb on. How often do you do it?

cherrybird
March 26th, 2014, 07:09 AM
I do the inversion method once a day for four to five minutes. I hang off the end of my bed and do a scalp massage at the same time. Very relaxing! I have heard that you should only do it one week per month otherwise your scalp gets used to the extra blood flow. These are the instructions I'm (sort of) following: http://hairdiary.wordpress.com/2013/08/31/the-inversion-method-for-hair-grow-an-inch-of-hair-in-7-days/

Yes that's my hair in the link! I haven't really seen it from the back since I started growing so I'm just glad it's not a triangle.

What updo's do you do with your hair? I'm having issues putting my hair up in anything but a ponytail.

Of the Fae
March 26th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Guys, I'm just in ^^
New length is chin

Such poetry :P

Haha but yeah, I'm hoping to grow together :) May I ask how long it takes usually to grow to shoulder? It seemed to take me ages last time I tried :P

Addy
March 27th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Why did you go short Of The Fae?

Erin I hate when a hair stylist (and not all but some) take it upon themselves to do whatever they want and really sssstttaaaallllllllll the process of growing out a hair cut/style! It is a big pet peeve of mine and I've been known to freak out over bad cuts! Oh... it will turn me inside out ugly! lol I have a hair dresser right now that I wouldn't trade for anything! She knows what I want and how I want it but she likes to nibble my ends off and ya know, I let her because she's just nibbling them and not taking anything substantial to set me back months or even a year! Keep trimming that bottom and it will grow out and you'll be glad you're doing it now than later! I like one length for braids and such and you just can't do it with layers because ends stick out everywhere and make a nice braid look yuck! Just my opinion. I'm right there trimming layers before I move on to APL. I've got a 2" so we'll trim together! :D

Welcome cherrybird! You're hair looks fabulous! Hubby wants an inversion table for his birthday next week but instead, we got a really sick boxer puppy to take care of. lol The baby boxer boy is much better now but the wallet has been officially raped. lol He'll have to wait for it!

cherrybird
March 27th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Thanks! and OHMYGOD boxer puppy! Glad to hear he's doing better.

And I hear you about bad cuts. There's only so many times you can say "It looks like a triangle/shelf mess now but it'll grow..."

mrs_coffee
March 28th, 2014, 05:46 PM
I'm about an inch from shoulder. I got my hair into a ponytail last night, which made me super happy.

cherrybird
March 28th, 2014, 06:54 PM
It's always such a relief to get your hair in a ponytail. I'd call that a mini milestone :)

Addy
March 28th, 2014, 07:36 PM
I can do the dumbest stubby pony tail too! lol

Yeah cherrybird he is the cutest lil boxer I've seen in a gazillion years! lol lemme see if I can sneak a pic on here real quick... shhhhhhh don't tell anyone! lol

His name is JJ! lol
http://s17.postimg.org/b1uunp0vj/JJ_is_so_cute.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

mrs_coffee
March 29th, 2014, 07:24 AM
It's always such a relief to get your hair in a ponytail. I'd call that a mini milestone :)

It really is a relief. I don't like sleeping with my hair loose because it gets so tangled and fuzzy.

dollyfish
April 1st, 2014, 10:58 AM
Oh gosh, this is me right now!!! I haven't been on LHC in forever but since I did a big chop recently I belong in this thread for sure...

I cut my hair to chin length for a costume--long story. The shortest layers are around ear-length, with the longest layers just past my chin. I already miss my longer hair! This length is so much more practical (less tangles, being the "little spoon" is easier...) but I really like how feminine I feel with shoulder+ hair. Plus, my hair is really wavy when it's long, but my waves don't usually START till below my chin, so at this length I've lost most of my curl!

I can do a stubby pony, or stubby pigtails. Sometimes I do side french braids, pinned back, or I'll clip the outer-most layers to the back of my head with a pretty bow or something.

third day post-wash bedhead reporting in!!
http://i.imgur.com/aIgbqJJ.png

cherrybird
April 1st, 2014, 01:03 PM
I'm convinced second or third day hair looks longer, especially on wavies/curlies. :P I did the same thing for my length shot!

I agree on the little spoon thing. When my hair was long it was always kind of dry so it was especially unpleasant for my bf to put his face in. I always ended up pulling it around under my head. I usually tie it up for bed now.

Do you find your hair slips out of french braids?

ErinLeigh
April 4th, 2014, 05:35 AM
Had a day of frustration. I had a good hair day as far as texture but the short front make it look like my hair was chin length from most angles. It had a real mullety look. My bf thought I had cut it shorter until he saw the back.
I am very bummed my layers were cut back to ear .chin when they were near shoulder a week ago. It may be 8 months to get it back to shoulder.

I am wondering. Should I keep trimming the back until the layers catch up and begin my growth when I reach all one length shoulder...or should I just let it grow as it and get to APL as soon as possible?
I keep changing my mind. Ideas or suggestions of what you would do if you were me would help? I see pros and cons on both options.
What are all of your plans if you have layers? Are you going for length or evening up first?

kganihanova
April 4th, 2014, 09:00 AM
Erin I cut to apl from waist but I chose to even it out. I hated the look and I hated it being so layered. I did try the trimming thing and hated my hair in the process. I may have cut 8 inches but I gained my freedom :-)

noteve
April 4th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Hello, this is my first post here so I'm going to post my whole progress over the last three years!
I shaved my hair off the 4th of April 2012, and here is a one year's difference:

http://i.imgur.com/qvnHjSO.jpg

And now, this photo was taken just a few minutes ago:

http://i.imgur.com/FhybVVJ.jpg

Does this count as shoulder length or do I have to give it a month or two?

Addy
April 4th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Had a day of frustration. I had a good hair day as far as texture but the short front make it look like my hair was chin length from most angles. It had a real mullety look. My bf thought I had cut it shorter until he saw the back.
I am very bummed my layers were cut back to ear .chin when they were near shoulder a week ago. It may be 8 months to get it back to shoulder.

I am wondering. Should I keep trimming the back until the layers catch up and begin my growth when I reach all one length shoulder...or should I just let it grow as it and get to APL as soon as possible?
I keep changing my mind. Ideas or suggestions of what you would do if you were me would help? I see pros and cons on both options.
What are all of your plans if you have layers? Are you going for length or evening up first?

I know you are so frustrated and feel the set back. I would be upset too! I've actually had a girl butcher my layers! If it weren't for my kids and being a mommy, I would have assaulted her. Sorry if that makes anyone mad but it's the truth! To go from BSL with long layers and have them cut to your ears is a HUGE set back.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do now but figure out the best method to growing out. I don't do layers anymore Erin so I am a trimmer. I have sacrificed all my grow out length in the last year to not have to deal with them. I am actually maintain at neck length and trimmed monthly at first and now, every 3 months. Once I get my top layer about an inch from my hem, I will start to let it grow. Until then, I'm maintaining a very short do. You could trim your growth every month or so.

If you let it grow, you will eventually have to cut it at some time. I'd rather cut it now than later even if it takes an extra year to get to APL.

dollyfish
April 9th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Do you find your hair slips out of french braids?

Somewhat, but not very much. The hardest part is securing the end/back of the braid. My hair is coarse enough to hold itself together pretty well.

Of the Fae
April 9th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Gawww I am frustrated about cutting my mullet right now because updo's are getting so hard! Somehow this length looks so damn awkward on me, while I had my mullet cut to make it look léss awkward....
Does anyone know a nice classical looking updo for layered chin length hair?

btw Dollofish I really like your hair, so full and thick!

Addy
April 9th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Sorry Of the Fae... I don't. The only thing I do is pull my long bangs back when I want to get them out of my face. I really despise this length because I can't do anything with my hair.

browneyedsusan
April 9th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Gawww I am frustrated about cutting my mullet right now because updo's are getting so hard! Somehow this length looks so damn awkward on me, while I had my mullet cut to make it look léss awkward....
Does anyone know a nice classical looking updo for layered chin length hair?

btw Dollofish I really like your hair, so full and thick!

*Lurker comes out of the shadows*
Total updos were hard when it was short. I grew out my bangs with the rest of my hair, and wore a variety of "half-ups". (My bangs/top were the longest part of my hair for a long time.) Here's a link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCQJ7aenX1U) to help? As soon as my bangs got to "eye-poking" length, I pinned them up, and they stayed pinned up for 6 or 8 months. When I finally wore my hair down, a friend asked if I'd gotten extensions!? :rollin:
Feel free to PM me. I grew it without trims, and it was horrible for a long while, but the half-ups kept it camouflaged. No one had any idea how bad it really was! :cheese:
Really. You can wear a jaw clip or barrette on the top of your head for MONTHS on end!

Of the Fae
April 10th, 2014, 03:43 AM
Browneyedsusan thank you so so much :) I feel like a clown with my hair down right now. Haha I have been able to wear hair sticks with 100 pins and a scarf, but I'm looking for some other options. My bangs are now the longest part of my hair, they extend a little past my chin. The back is shortest, I can barely pin it up because it's only a few cms, so the bang styling tips should really help :)

cdonald2
April 11th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Even when I tie mine up it slides out since it is so smooth. In about 2 more inches it will be much easier to handle. I atrimmed alot off because I thought my dry ends were split. I now have a serum that takes care of the dual texture feeling so I will not be so quick to cut. I am trimming on the new moon now so im hoping for good results from it.

I feel like its easy breezing once full shoulder (collarbone) is achieved.

Of the Fae
April 15th, 2014, 01:18 PM
I'm thinking it will be :) The longer it gets the easier the buns are. I also have the sliding problem- though it is less when I just applied henna. It seems to coarsen the hair. How many times do you trim?

ErinLeigh
April 15th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Erin I cut to apl from waist but I chose to even it out. I hated the look and I hated it being so layered. I did try the trimming thing and hated my hair in the process. I may have cut 8 inches but I gained my freedom :-)

I just saw this! So very very true. The pictures looked lovely also. Your happiness beemed out from the posts. For me liking my cut is the most important thing so I just need to remember that.

ErinLeigh
April 15th, 2014, 08:56 PM
I know you are so frustrated and feel the set back. I would be upset too! I've actually had a girl butcher my layers! If it weren't for my kids and being a mommy, I would have assaulted her. Sorry if that makes anyone mad but it's the truth! To go from BSL with long layers and have them cut to your ears is a HUGE set back.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do now but figure out the best method to growing out. I don't do layers anymore Erin so I am a trimmer. I have sacrificed all my grow out length in the last year to not have to deal with them. I am actually maintain at neck length and trimmed monthly at first and now, every 3 months. Once I get my top layer about an inch from my hem, I will start to let it grow. Until then, I'm maintaining a very short do. You could trim your growth every month or so.

If you let it grow, you will eventually have to cut it at some time. I'd rather cut it now than later even if it takes an extra year to get to APL.

Totally agree. I don't feel so bad now. Sometime I feel like since I am on a LH board it is bad for me to say I want to stay short until I get the issue fixed. It could be considered impatient or something. I know I should "put it up and forget it" but I can't. I still know the layers are there. Heck putting it up reminds me MORE because the little layers slip out.
I guess for me the hair journey is more about liking my hair in general, not just when it is long. I think getting to a happy point as soon as possible is what someone with my mindset needs to do. Also, its kind of hard for me to grow out hair if I know I am just going to chop it off anyway (layers) I like to rip the band aid off quickly so to speak I guess.

I am not saying there is any right way for everyone. Just a right way for each person individually. It is nice to see people supportive no matter what approach is taken. It is very much appreciated. I really like this thread.

kganihanova
April 15th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Totally agree. I don't feel so bad now. Sometime I feel like since I am on a LH board it is bad for me to say I want to stay short until I get the issue fixed. It could be considered impatient or something. I know I should "put it up and forget it" but I can't. I still know the layers are there. Heck putting it up reminds me MORE because the little layers slip out.
I guess for me the hair journey is more about liking my hair in general, not just when it is long. I think getting to a happy point as soon as possible is what someone with my mindset needs to do. Also, its kind of hard for me to grow out hair if I know I am just going to chop it off anyway (layers) I like to rip the band aid off quickly so to speak I guess.

I am not saying there is any right way for everyone. Just a right way for each person individually. It is nice to see people supportive no matter what approach is taken. It is very much appreciated. I really like this thread.

Tbh when you're that length you don't miss as many things. I miss doing side braids so bad. It's probably the one downside to the chop. Do it while you havent learnt too many new styles, so it's less annoying when you can do them anymore.

ErinLeigh
April 15th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Total updos were hard when it was short. I grew out my bangs with the rest of my hair, and wore a variety of "half-ups". (My bangs/top were the longest part of my hair for a long time.) Here's a link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCQJ7aenX1U) to help? As soon as my bangs got to "eye-poking" length, I pinned them up, and they stayed pinned up for 6 or 8 months. When I finally wore my hair down, a friend asked if I'd gotten extensions!? :rollin:
Feel free to PM me. I grew it without trims, and it was horrible for a long while, but the half-ups kept it camouflaged. No one had any idea how bad it really was! :cheese:
Really. You can wear a jaw clip or barrette on the top of your head for MONTHS on end!

You grew out a pixie faster than anyone I have ever seen. It stuns me sometimes looking at your update pictures.
It was a determined growth for sure. Patience paid off for you. When I shaved my head I kept cutting the mullet. I love seeing how it can be done another way.

0xalis
April 17th, 2014, 01:02 AM
Oddly enough, it seems that I belong here now! I got my hair cut to a mid-neck length bob today and I honestly couldn't be happier. It's so nice and bouncy, and I don't have to worry about my ends rubbing against my clothes. And above all, it's quite flattering on me!

I'm not really *actively* growing out my hair atm, but it's going to wind up growing anyway since I can't afford constant trims, lol.

turtlelover
April 20th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Can I call this shoulder??? https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-FsV4K4DYy8o/U1SQwQ_h0UI/AAAAAAAAAcQ/rS4s_7jqpxw/w368-h613-no/IMG_20140420_231706.jpg

ErinLeigh
April 20th, 2014, 10:36 PM

Good link! thank goodness for the internet. I never knew how little I knew about hair/makeup until I starting watching youtube

ErinLeigh
April 20th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Can I call this shoulder??? https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-FsV4K4DYy8o/U1SQwQ_h0UI/AAAAAAAAAcQ/rS4s_7jqpxw/w368-h613-no/IMG_20140420_231706.jpg

YES I totally think so. Congratulations :)

ErinLeigh
April 20th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Oddly enough, it seems that I belong here now! I got my hair cut to a mid-neck length bob today and I honestly couldn't be happier. It's so nice and bouncy, and I don't have to worry about my ends rubbing against my clothes. And above all, it's quite flattering on me!

I'm not really *actively* growing out my hair atm, but it's going to wind up growing anyway since I can't afford constant trims, lol.

Emily congratulations on the cut. I am right there with you. I want my layers caught up, but right now length isn't a concern for me. When I cut to SL I found I loved it. Its a great length. My hair feels light and oh so soft. Honestly, I like the look of it too and it styles so easily. I will keep growing over this year until APL just for the heck of it (baring no hair crisis that changes my mind), but I am content with hair which isn't a bad place to be no matter the length. I feel kind of bad even being on this forum as I started with hair length of avatar and have gotten progressively shorter since October, not longer.
I guess condition is far more important to me so that had to be addressed first.

0xalis
April 20th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Emily congratulations on the cut. I am right there with you. I want my layers caught up, but right now length isn't a concern for me. When I cut to SL I found I loved it. Its a great length. My hair feels light and oh so soft. Honestly, I like the look of it too and it styles so easily. I will keep growing over this year until APL just for the heck of it (baring no hair crisis that changes my mind), but I am content with hair which isn't a bad place to be no matter the length. I feel kind of bad even being on this forum as I started with hair length of avatar and have gotten progressively shorter since October, not longer.
I guess condition is far more important to me so that had to be addressed first.

I know right!!!! It feels weird being on a long hair forum at the moment since I enjoy long hair on others more than myself currently. I definitely care more about health than length in nearly all cases. It feels so good to be able to wear my hair down without worries!!! It feels so right. This feels like a haircut that was just meant to be :o

Honestly, I love my hair so much right now that I don't really want it to grow!!! It feels like it's gonna get longer so fast and I'll be disappointed, haha. What a strange dilemma for me to be having, after all of those months dying to get to APL!!!

Hedera
April 21st, 2014, 10:13 AM
After growing it out twice already (first time from a pixie cut, second time from a collar bone length cut) I am growing my hair out LHC-style for the third time! :D

I actually liked the ear-length bob I had it cut in last summer (think Christopher Robin) but I started to miss being able to DO stuff with my hair - besides, I can't really afford regular trims and if it gets longer I might as well have it long again. ;)
I really miss my braid at the moment; my hair is sort of grazing the tops of my... Hmmmm, not shoulders, but the angled parts that go up from your shoulders to your neck?
As the weather gets warmer, the hair touching the back of my neck is really starting to annoy me.

Fortunately, I can put it up in a tiny pony tail now, as well as flip it up (it only really works with one particular claw clip) and of course do half-ups (although those don't solve the hair-touching-back-of-neck issue, and I don't like the way they look on me. Not until my hair is a long longer and I can do them in a softer, LotR kind of style...).

I can sort of almost put it in two semi-French braids now but they're really tiny and the stubby pokey ends look weird.

Oh well, nothing to be done other than be patient - and just put it up / back and forget about it while I go about doing other stuff. :)

I'll try and take some length pictures tomorrow!

luluj
April 22nd, 2014, 08:15 PM
Thought I might belong here, but happily I am at shoulder already!

cherrybird
June 24th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Hey everyone! Can I call this shoulder?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11488&d=1403660668

Lazy Loop
June 30th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Cherrybird, I think there must be a "range" that is shoulder length and this is the beginning of shoulder length! Especially since your curls hold it up a bit. Then, it's "shoulder" until you hit APL?

Fericera
June 30th, 2014, 09:58 AM
I can't believe I didn't see this thread before! I've been waiting and waiting to join the shoulder to APL thread, so I think I'll hang out here for a month or two. I'm so close to shoulder. Today I saw the longest layers in the back hitting the top slope of my shoulders by my neck, but I know as soon as I wash it it'll wave back up a little, so I'm not calling it quite yet.

It's also so hard having layers. Even once it's technically shoulder length it won't feel that way for a while.

Fericera
June 30th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Hey everyone! Can I call this shoulder?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11488&d=1403660668

It depends what you're wanting to call shoulder. It's hitting the slope, but I'm not sure if that's what you want to count, or when it hits the lowest point, where your arms start. Also are you wanting to measure your goals when your hair is stretched or as is? I think you could definitely say shoulder, if you'd like to, since your hair is curly.

cherrybird
June 30th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Thanks for your input everyone! My hair stretched is a bit past my collar bone but I want to measure by how it looks normally. I think I'll wait another month or two before calling it.

Fericera
June 30th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Thanks for your input everyone! My hair stretched is a bit past my collar bone but I want to measure by how it looks normally. I think I'll wait another month or two before calling it.

That sounds like a good plan. In that case we'll probably head off to the shoulder/APL thread around the same time since my hair is about the length of yours. I'm hoping to be solidly shoulder by the end of summer. Cue the growth contest! :D

PinkyCat
June 30th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Yay I'm glad I found this thread!
I'm going to shoulder & possibly APL. I'm enjoying my journey so far!

spiritfree
July 7th, 2014, 07:27 PM
Hi, I'm in here. New to the forum and posted photos in my newbie thread earlier today.

I'll be looking for styles that I can do and I'm trying to avoid extensions as when I had them in the past they seemed to constantly knot.

spiritfree
July 7th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Also, wondered what are everyone's go to tools while growing?

Bobby pins seem to be the only thing I can get to work atm.

And favourite hairstyles to help? Bearing in mind I can do my daughter's hair, but haven't had long hair in 7 years.

Fericera
July 8th, 2014, 04:15 PM
I use bobby pins, snappy clips, headbands, and even can pull my hair into a half up now so sometimes I use pretty ribbon elastics I found at Target.

nookan
August 15th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Hey everyone ! I m currently chin length, or just past actually and with a lot of layers.... I m eager to be able to have everything in one pony but I also try to enjoy the journey.
The longest my hair has ever been is BSL, when I was a kid. And APL about two years ago. I m aiming to get SL in 3 months and CLB at around February 2015. My long term goal is WL.

I have highlights and have been colouring my hair for a long time, but in the past two years it has been way less frequently and with more gentle dyes.

My hair is in good condition and I often clip it up to have it out of my face and not think about it :-)
There it is. Oh yeah, I m doing the inversion method too (on day 3, 2nd month).

bna_rapunzel
August 24th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Yayyyy! Im bumping this. I went from classic to chin :'( and am inbetween chin and shoulder right now! Grow grow grow hair!

nookan
August 25th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Hello! It must have been a huge transition for you!
I think. I might be at shoulders length in about 2 months. You?

bna_rapunzel
August 25th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Yeah... a month or two sounds about right for me. Yahoo! I fit in somewhere again!

cherrybird
August 27th, 2014, 11:31 PM
I think it's time to graduate to the shoulder to APL thread. Length shot!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12736&d=1409200919

Right at the line created by my shoulders! Thanks everyone for the support and hairstyle ideas :)

Fericera, how are you doing with your growth?

sarahchant
August 29th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Can I join you?

This is my first post here at LHC, although I've been lurking for a while! I decided I wanted to grow my hair out only one day after having it cut into a chin length layered "bob-ish" thing. That was mid-June and although my hair has grown, it seems to be taking forever. I'm hoping to be solid shoulder by Christmas.

ErinLeigh
August 29th, 2014, 10:28 PM
I have been gradually going shorter since joining here to remove damage and layers.
I just got a cut yesterday. I will be ready to grow after one more cut to get another inch of dry ends off.
My goal is really just one step at a time and evaluate at each milestone based on how it looks. I do know this current cut is too short for me but at least I can still get all of it up in a scunci or claw clip

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af244/coconutcraze/Mobile%20Uploads/d15de880-2cb9-4534-82f4-42f3708e505a_zpse3508c11.jpg (http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/coconutcraze/media/Mobile%20Uploads/d15de880-2cb9-4534-82f4-42f3708e505a_zpse3508c11.jpg.html)

Knifegill
August 30th, 2014, 12:23 AM
I'm also at this stage, pics in my thread. Anybody doing anything to accelerate growth?

ErinLeigh
August 30th, 2014, 03:36 AM
No, I don't know what could accelerate my growth besides maybe biotin (scared of acne side effect) and monistat (I do not have scalp condition so don't feel it will work)
I did just check my ends and I think I need 3 more inches before growing out so I do wish I could make hair grow faster for a while. I suppose I could commit to inversion method and give it a shot though since I have the Teeter Hang up thing.

butter52
August 30th, 2014, 05:40 AM
That cut is gorgeus Erin!

ErinLeigh
August 31st, 2014, 12:40 AM
That cut is gorgeus Erin!

I really appreciate that. It means a lot to hear so thank you very much for being supportive :) . It has been very discouraging going shorter while everyone grows longer but I had so much damage to remove.
I set my growth date to New Years. Will be trimming off growth monthly until then then FINALLY Jan 1 will be ready to grow hair I feel is in decent enough condition.
Will be hanging out here a while.

nookan
August 31st, 2014, 03:25 AM
Oh yes ErinLeigh this cut is very pretty and suits you nicely. I like the color too!!!

I'm still unsure of how I'm gonna go on about the stupid layers. My plan right now is to let it grow, micro trim the longest layers as to make the difference between the layers less noticeable. But I will let it grow to shoulder at the same time. My hair grows faster than I thought so it's manageable.

Happy growing everyone!!!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 31st, 2014, 03:51 AM
Just wanted to say I have been admiring all your hair here and wishing you all lots of beautiful growth! Once it is long enough to put up in a pony tail or claw clip it becomes much easier. Keep growing! :)

sarahchant
August 31st, 2014, 02:46 PM
ErinLeigh, I think that haircut is so pretty! And it will grow out nicely too.

I'm afraid I will be so unhappy once I get to shoulder length because that is not a flattering length for me at all. I suppose I can wear it up for a couple months while I wait to hit CBL.

xo_meganmarie
September 1st, 2014, 12:59 PM
Hello everyone! I currently have neck-chin length hair with shorter layers. Basically it looks like an overgrown pixie, but I was desperate to chop off the remaining bleached hair. I have been wearing lots of headbands. And I just recently bought some little round clips but I can only fit the top half in it at the moment. My current goal is shoulder length but my ultimate goal is waist length. I am taking biotin and a daily multivitamin and evening primrose capsules daily. Let me tell you my hair has never been more shiny and luscious in my whole life! How long does it usually take to reach shoulder length? I'm expecting six-eight months. Is this about right? Thanks in advance :)

bna_rapunzel
September 1st, 2014, 03:46 PM
Besides aboug a thousand bobby pins... how is everyone wearing their hair up to protect the ends? I should be shoulder by christmas and I can manage from there but this neck business has me thrown for a loop.

SnowbirdRose
September 1st, 2014, 07:07 PM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3895/15111740442_d5fd2e169d_s.jpgWould this be considered shoulder length? Almost?https://flic.kr/p/p2nBX1 I attached this link so you could see a larger image.

bna_rapunzel
September 1st, 2014, 10:48 PM
Id say so yes

nookan
September 2nd, 2014, 08:54 AM
Yeah I'd definitely say shoulder to that!

My hair is at the bottom of neck, it grows about 1,5cm a month. I hope to get to shoulder soon. I try out lots of different styles. It amazes me how much little braids I can do and usually clip up my hair to protect the ends. I also try to sleep in a satin scarf, I put it on right after turning the lights out so my partner doesn't really see me with it hahhaa.

And everyday I feel like I can do something new with it. But I struggle with the thought of just leaving it alone. I remember having it at shoulder and just braid, bun or pony it and eve done with it. It seemed to grow faster. Ooh I wish I was at that length already but I try to enjoy the length I have now too.

nookan
September 4th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Oh WOW! I've just tried the LOC method, without the 3rd step (cause I don't have butters) and I'm really liking what it does to my hair!
Does anyone deep condition or try new methods with their short hair?

ErinLeigh
September 4th, 2014, 10:15 AM
HI everyone. Thank you for encouragement.
I am in my own quandry again. I am finally close to being layer free..yet am finding all one length doesn't suit me. I miss the lightness layers give and the look. I also know if I got them I could knock out all the rest of the damage in the back.

I know my hair is in a difficult stage of length where it mushrooms and it will settle once it grows but it is hard waiting to get there.
Should I trim light layers and get the rest of damage gone so I can start growing now..or just wear it up until it is past shoulder and then see how I feel? I love layers, I grew them out because upkeep is hard as stylists seem to mess them up a lot. I know that can happen again and that is what worries me.

Nookan...yes I do LOC and deep condition and try all kind of methods.
Even with short hair I want frizz free and good condition. I enjoy trying different options..cone free, cones, LOC, WCC, CO etc.
I like seeing the results of different ones..and it seems easier at this length to see quicker which work for me and which don't

leilani
September 4th, 2014, 12:19 PM
HI everyone. Thank you for encouragement.
I am in my own quandry again. I am finally close to being layer free..yet am finding all one length doesn't suit me. I miss the lightness layers give and the look. I also know if I got them I could knock out all the rest of the damage in the back.

I know my hair is in a difficult stage of length where it mushrooms and it will settle once it grows but it is hard waiting to get there.
Should I trim light layers and get the rest of damage gone so I can start growing now..or just wear it up until it is past shoulder and then see how I feel? I love layers, I grew them out because upkeep is hard as stylists seem to mess them up a lot. I know that can happen again and that is what worries me.

Nookan...yes I do LOC and deep condition and try all kind of methods.
Even with short hair I want frizz free and good condition. I enjoy trying different options..cone free, cones, LOC, WCC, CO etc.
I like seeing the results of different ones..and it seems easier at this length to see quicker which work for me and which don't
I think you should get layers if you want them and like them, and grow your hair after that to s length that you can compact cut them yourself, so you aren't at the whim of a stylist. Then you are in control of when end ends just get a dusting when they just need a tiny refresh and when they actually go shorter for a more flattering look. Just my 2 cents but I adore being free of unpredictable salon stylists!!!

leilani
September 4th, 2014, 12:23 PM
By the way, your bob is gorgeous, ErinLeigh. I'm jealous!

PinkyCat
September 4th, 2014, 02:30 PM
I have been gradually going shorter since joining here to remove damage and layers.
I just got a cut yesterday. I will be ready to grow after one more cut to get another inch of dry ends off.
My goal is really just one step at a time and evaluate at each milestone based on how it looks. I do know this current cut is too short for me but at least I can still get all of it up in a scunci or claw clip

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af244/coconutcraze/Mobile%20Uploads/d15de880-2cb9-4534-82f4-42f3708e505a_zpse3508c11.jpg (http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/coconutcraze/media/Mobile%20Uploads/d15de880-2cb9-4534-82f4-42f3708e505a_zpse3508c11.jpg.html)

That really is a great cut!
My bob has a lot of layers and I cant put it all up yet. At your length that might happen to you also. Just FYI.

sarahchant
September 6th, 2014, 08:41 AM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/sarahchanthaseny/Mobile%20Uploads/velpicstitch20140901_000841_zpswo1c4wpn.jpg (http://s8.photobucket.com/user/sarahchanthaseny/media/Mobile%20Uploads/velpicstitch20140901_000841_zpswo1c4wpn.jpg.html)

I'm sorry if the picture is too big. I don't know how to change the size...???

These two photos were taken a week apart. I feel like I can see some growth. I am just patiently waiting to reach shoulder.

nookan
September 8th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Nice picture, it looks like the collar is more 'hidden' with your hair. I used to have that cut ^.^
Also, we have approximately the same color ! I'm a natural medium ash blonde but Ive decided to grow out my virgin hair this year. Right now I have this blonette color too :-) happy growing!

Fericera
September 10th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Yes cherrybird I did hit shoulder finally!

http://i62.tinypic.com/a081ly.jpg

nookan
September 11th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Oh i feel bad. I thought I was going to hit shoulders in about 2 months but maybe it'll be in only 4 months. Hopefully I can grow quicker but I seem to be dreaming! Haha. Oh well, at least I enjoy every millimetre of growth at this stage and I surprise myself when I can manage a new up do! They don't look too good but I'll take it! I remember feeling so nice at collarbone length.

Do you have a favourite length ?

skeletonous
September 13th, 2014, 06:59 PM
What updos can you manage, if any?

Pretty much just half ups (like a half french twist) and a tiny regular ponytail with a little bit of the bottom out.

And how do you do them?

I discovered that I could do the half french twist with a 5 inch acrylic hair stick, but it could also be held with a smallish claw/jaw clip.

What is your final goal length?

At least TBL. :)

How do you style hair that is not that short, yet still definitely not long?

I don't usually :laugh: unless it's in those two styles mentioned above. I also just tuck my hair behind my ears to keep it out of the way when bending forward so far.

turtlelover
September 24th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Hi! I am still hanging out on this thread. My hair is at shoulder, but I want to cut out a bit of the layering before I head for APL, so I will be sticking around here for awhile.

Knifegill
September 24th, 2014, 10:47 PM
We measured at a month but got the same number, even though it looks longer and my wurls have clearly evolved quite a bit. I guess growing in circles takes longer than growing in a straight line, lol.

Puffer Fish
October 14th, 2014, 06:51 PM
*revives thread*
Hey guys, I'm new here! As you can hopefully see in my current profile pic, I'm between chin and shoulder. Looking to get to APL, and that'll be the longest my hair's ever been.

Last time I made it to shoulder flip length it was soooo itchy and irritating that I whacked it all off back to chin length. This time I plan to put it up more so I stop getting annoyed at it and hopefully I'll get to where I want to be.

amanda_the_tall
October 14th, 2014, 09:44 PM
*revives thread*
Hey guys, I'm new here! As you can hopefully see in my current profile pic, I'm between chin and shoulder. Looking to get to APL, and that'll be the longest my hair's ever been.

Last time I made it to shoulder flip length it was soooo itchy and irritating that I whacked it all off back to chin length. This time I plan to put it up more so I stop getting annoyed at it and hopefully I'll get to where I want to be.
Welcome Puffer!
I agree, keeping hair pulled up will help prevent the "chop attacks" as I like to call them, or the sudden urge to cut your hair. I chopped from nearly waist to halfway between chin and shoulder in a graduated bob... because of a "chop attack" and being tired of being mistaken for my sister. Fortunately I have all virgin hair now and I'm hoping to grow it more gently this time. :) From your picture it looks like you won't be in this thread for too long!

ohdokey
October 16th, 2014, 01:03 AM
I am joining up here, too. I have jaw length bob-ish thing grown out from a pixie (with the last mullet trim behind me, and now just welcoming any growth that occurs.) Not sure how long until shoulder, but that will make it possible to pull it back without one hundred pins. :joy:

Puffer Fish
October 22nd, 2014, 05:59 PM
I am joining up here, too. I have jaw length bob-ish thing grown out from a pixie (with the last mullet trim behind me, and now just welcoming any growth that occurs.) Not sure how long until shoulder, but that will make it possible to pull it back without one hundred pins. :joy:

Congrats on making it past the awkward-pixie-growth phase! That took me years to get past as a kid due to my mom's insistence on frequent haircuts that I didn't want.
It's always so exciting the first time you realize you can pull it all back in one teeny tiny little ponytail poof, isn't it? ^_^ I hope you make it to that point soon! ...also your post reminded me I really should buy some bobby pins. I haven't owned any since ballet when I was 6 or less.

skeletonous
October 27th, 2014, 11:43 AM
I have joined the no trim 2015 challenge but I'm wondering how I'm going to S&D the back of my hair since the shorter bits are jaw length and the longest bits are about at chin :hmm: I still have a couple of months to go before I start that but still.

PinkyCat
October 27th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Look my first updo since my chop! Still not shoulder yet though.
http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b533/lisadelelys/Mobile%20Uploads/1027141409a2_zps5davaoom.jpg (http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/lisadelelys/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1027141409a2_zps5davaoom.jpg.html)

WOAH THATS HUGE!! Sorry!

bna_rapunzel
October 27th, 2014, 03:02 PM
My hair is brushing shoulder. Another month and ill be solid shoulder. Yay!

Puffer Fish
October 28th, 2014, 09:03 AM
I've run out of conditioner so I'm using only shampoo, and the big wave at the back of my head is gone! No wonder my length measurement was crazy last night; I thought it was weird that I'd grown an inch in less than a month. Sadly I have not, but progress is still progress. :)

Lady Sparkleloc
October 28th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Hi Everyone! This is my first post ever, and I'm very excited to post here! I got my hair cut last month so my hair is currently at chin length. I can't do to much with it, but at least it looks healthy 😊

Puffer Fish
October 28th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Hi Everyone! This is my first post ever, and I'm very excited to post here! I got my hair cut last month so my hair is currently at chin length. I can't do to much with it, but at least it looks healthy ��

Hi! Welcome! :D
I usually get my hair cut up to chin-bob length, but not anymore. Muahaha.
How long is your goal of 33" on you?

Lady Sparkleloc
October 28th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Hi! Welcome! :D
I usually get my hair cut up to chin-bob length, but not anymore. Muahaha.
How long is your goal of 33" on you?

Thank you! I am guessing that at 33" my hair will be about waist length. I have never had hair longer than BSL, so anything longer than that is a goal. So many things I want to try as my hair gets longer, can't wait!

Puffer Fish
October 30th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Thank you! I am guessing that at 33" my hair will be about waist length. I have never had hair longer than BSL, so anything longer than that is a goal. So many things I want to try as my hair gets longer, can't wait!

I'm thinking of changing my goal to waist, but I've never had past shoulder so I'm not sure if I'm even going to want it that long or if I just think it's pretty/impressive. :hmm:

skeletonous
October 30th, 2014, 08:18 PM
I've decided to start measuring my hair at the back again; I had been measuring the sides where it is slightly shorter because I kept getting trims in the back when growing out my pixie cut. I'm SO close to getting everything into a ponytail, it's just the outermost bottom pieces that don't reach quite yet. :p How exciting!

Lady Sparkleloc
November 3rd, 2014, 08:09 AM
So what is everyone doing to help keep your ends healthy? Does anyone oil there hair? I have just started using coconut oil on my ends, which is actually most of my hair. I use it anywhere from a couple of hours before I wash to the night before I wash. I can't believe how soft and silky it gets!

Puffer Fish
November 3rd, 2014, 10:14 AM
So what is everyone doing to help keep your ends healthy? Does anyone oil there hair? I have just started using coconut oil on my ends, which is actually most of my hair. I use it anywhere from a couple of hours before I wash to the night before I wash. I can't believe how soft and silky it gets!

I'm combing now instead of brushing, and I used a nice cone-filled conditioner last night so it all feels nice and silky.
I can't wait until I go home for Thanksgiving break at the end of the month because my mom has some coconut oil and I want to try it. It may not happen though, depends on if she lets me use it. Sigh.

Decemberrose
November 3rd, 2014, 12:41 PM
Well, I'm back here again. Just chopped from collarbone. Had a lot of bleachdamage to get rid of. I'm at mid neck length now, sigh..
The best part is, that now I'm just gonna let it grow :) it's just sad having to start all over again.
Hope you all have nice growth :)

Puffer Fish
November 3rd, 2014, 01:05 PM
I think to make sure my ends are healthy before no trim 2015, I'm going to get a trim after all in December. That way I'm starting fresh. I feel like my ends are damaged but I also don't know what damage feels like since my ends have always felt different than the length of my hair. Bluh.
So i'm going to be in this thread a little longer than I want to be, but it's better than the alternative.

Welcome back, Decemberrose! It's a good thing you chopped off your damage. Welcome back with healthy ends! Here's hoping you get back to where you want to be soon. :flower:

Decemberrose
November 3rd, 2014, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the welcome :) glad to be here.
At least I got rid of my layers. Yay, ready to start over. I'm joining the no trim challenge for 2015. I'm so tired of being short.
In a couple of months I'll be able to do a proper french braid and just keep it out of my sight :)
Doing The Inversion Method this week. Everything counts :)

Puffer Fish
November 6th, 2014, 03:02 PM
I finally got my flexi today and I love it! Now I have something to keep my hair back more often in a nice, stylish way that hairties can't. Which means that, provided I do keep my hair back, I'll get annoyed with the neck itchies less, which means hopefully less chances of having the urge to chop! :cool:

Decemberrose
November 6th, 2014, 03:47 PM
I also hate these neck itchies ;) and you're so right about, that wearing your hair up is a great way to stop hacking off hair! I get scissor itches when my hair is too short to wear up :( and that's right now! sigh... It has to be contained somehow in the back of my head were I can't see it/obsess about it.

Rocking the half-ups untill then... :) and 50's styles.

Fufu
November 7th, 2014, 06:43 AM

I'm using camellia hair oil before shampooing on scalp for minimum 30 minutes and on hair ends after washing.

amanda_the_tall
November 7th, 2014, 02:43 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14185&d=1415396379

Am I at shoulder?? It's hard to tell because when my hair is short it likes to flip...
eta: I FINALLY figured out how to imbed a photo! Yay! Only took 3 years lol.

Puffer Fish
November 7th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Honestly, I'd call it shoulder. Mine is about the same length (your hair actually looks a LOT like mine, though mine is thicker. Are we hair cousins? lol) and I'm getting tempted to call it shoulder too. I think it's just the very top edge of the shoulder spectrum.

amanda_the_tall
November 7th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Honestly, I'd call it shoulder. Mine is about the same length (your hair actually looks a LOT like mine, though mine is thicker. Are we hair cousins? lol) and I'm getting tempted to call it shoulder too. I think it's just the very top edge of the shoulder spectrum.

Haha sweet! It's right at the stage where I can make a puny ponytail, but the lady that cut my hair cut a section in the back shorter than the rest so it's aggravating. Usually my hair is a lot more wavy, I used double conditioner and blow dried in this picture, but I have a feeling my hair is more 1c/2a after all as the wave is easily diminished and barely shows at shorter length.

Puffer Fish
November 9th, 2014, 03:14 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/qqo200.jpg

UGH, I thought I was closer to shoulder than this! I blame the way my ends flip up constantly no matter what I do to them. :angry:
Just stretched the flips and my long fronts do actually barely touch my shoulders, but nothing else does. Sigh.

amanda_the_tall
November 9th, 2014, 03:36 PM
You're getting so close puffer!! :D

yvsa
November 11th, 2014, 07:52 AM
I'm finally finding the patience to grow out my short hair. I could not get passed chin length for years (due to impatience and feeling insecure by how I looked with my "silly hair") and now I did it! I'm almost shoulder length. Woohoo!:cheer:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14236&d=1415715095

skeletonous
November 11th, 2014, 06:52 PM
^ Great job! :cheese: I love your hemline too!

amanda_the_tall
November 11th, 2014, 07:09 PM
yvsa, I love how our hair type is similar but yours looks so much more wavy-licious than mine! It looks lovely! :)

Decemberrose
November 12th, 2014, 10:56 AM
I really want to start practising some benign neglect, but it is so hard when I can't put my hair up. It is just impossible not to obsess at this length.

JadeTigress
November 12th, 2014, 12:30 PM
I haven't been on the site for awhile, I took a bit of a hiatus. But I belong in this thread now. :p I cut to a pixie in the middle of last December from BSL+ (3 inches from waist...I'm still kicking myself), and now I'm around 1.5 inches from shoulder length. I'd already be there long before now, but I had a lot of mullet trims. And it's still mullety, but I'm so close now that I can finally pull it into the stubbiest ponytail as of a few days ago, so I'm just leaving it alone. It's got a lot of layers and what used to be bangs still that I want to get grown out. But they start around jaw/chin length and don't interfere with my ponytail too much since I can just pin the bangs back or tuck them behind my ear. Overall length is far more important to me right now. I'm hoping to be atleast to APL by this time next year, but preferably past it. I'm thinking it'll be another two years at the very least before I'm back to my pre-chop length. But I broke out my Wild Growth Hair Oil last night and started doing the inversion method, so hopefully that'll jumpstart things. My growth always stalls once it starts getting cold outside.

amanda_the_tall
November 12th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Jade tigress I am the same way, I chopped from about 4 inches from waist to an angled bob in August. I blame layers and old damage for making my hair look even thinner than it was. Now I'm thinking it should take 2-3 years to get to my goal. A tiny bit at the time! I just see it as a way to start fresh :)

Puffer Fish
November 12th, 2014, 03:29 PM
I had no idea how long it had been since my last haircut until today. Turns out it's been since May! (pics crossposted from the general picture thread)

Then:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/whoispufferfish/LHC%20pics/5ab3b475-23d5-4d4e-b20c-27db3c2606c7_zps84d130ba.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/whoispufferfish/media/LHC%20pics/5ab3b475-23d5-4d4e-b20c-27db3c2606c7_zps84d130ba.jpg.html)

Now:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/whoispufferfish/LHC%20pics/IMG_20141112_162946_715_zpsedd54f95.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/whoispufferfish/media/LHC%20pics/IMG_20141112_162946_715_zpsedd54f95.jpg.html)

Only downside is that now I remember that I look really cute with my short hair so it's making me kind of reconsider my goals...

Decemberrose
November 13th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Puffer Fish: I think the short style is cute too, but I don't feel like myself with it. Do what makes you feel happy about yourself :) you could always cut it back into a bob, but it takes so long to grow out...

Puffer Fish
November 13th, 2014, 12:07 PM
I know right? My big problem is that nearly everyone I know IRL thinks I should keep my hair short and sadly I'm a rather easily swayed person. So my growth journey is going to be an uphill battle every step of the way. :P
My grandma even suggested that i go back to a pixie for some reason! :shudder:

Luckily my DBF doesn't really care what I do with my hair, though he thinks long hair is inconvenient.

katielea
November 13th, 2014, 03:07 PM
I think you have to remember that you wanted to grow your hair out for a reason. If you cut it now, you'll get the urge to grow it out again and then you'll regret cutting it.

Puffer Fish
November 13th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Oh, I know. I'm not going to cut it now. I'm just saying that a lot of people are going to be against me the entire time, and that's going to make it less fun.

lapushka
November 13th, 2014, 04:27 PM
I know right? My big problem is that nearly everyone I know IRL thinks I should keep my hair short and sadly I'm a rather easily swayed person. So my growth journey is going to be an uphill battle every step of the way. :P

Oh, I know. I'm not going to cut it now. I'm just saying that a lot of people are going to be against me the entire time, and that's going to make it less fun.

It's going to be especially hard and you'll fall back on cutting it if you're not careful! This is going to be especially hard during the awkward stages of growth!

yvsa
November 14th, 2014, 03:50 AM
I totally understand what you mean Puffer Fish. A lot of people around me are telling me that short hair suits me much better (even my own husband). But you know what: I want it longer. And this time I'm going to listen to myself.
It does make our hairjourney less fun, that is why I really appreciate the nice comments here on lhc. The people here are so kind and helpfull. Let's be greatfull for that and just keep on growing.

Decemberrose
November 14th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Puffer Fish: Maybe you could put your hair up when you are around those people, to avoid comments? And they would not know how long it is ;)

Puffer Fish
November 14th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Puffer Fish: Maybe you could put your hair up when you are around those people, to avoid comments? And they would not know how long it is ;)

That'll be the plan once it's long enough to do fun things like braids with. I don't want to end up with ponytail damage especially when I'm just starting out!

katielea
November 14th, 2014, 01:53 PM
puffer fish- I really like your hair the length it is now. I'm sure it is cute as bob too but I love the length it is now with the bangs. Looks great!

Puffer Fish
November 14th, 2014, 02:03 PM
puffer fish- I really like your hair the length it is now. I'm sure it is cute as bob too but I love the length it is now with the bangs. Looks great!

:flower:
Thank you, katielea! The bangs were a big decision for me back in May because I haven't had bangs since the unwanted pixie cut. I hope I can keep my trimming urges down as they grow out a bit, because that's why they're so short right now. I lost my patience with them, and cut too much off in September.

Puffer Fish
November 16th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Bump?

I feel like my hair is shrinking!
I know it's not because that's not really possible, but I measured 15" yesterday and I'm measuring 14" today after it dried post-wash...and at some point last week I swear I measured 15.5". I feel like I'm never going to leave the mid-neck chasm of doom at this rate...
:-(

sarahchant
November 16th, 2014, 10:42 PM
I'm still in this group due to two trims and very slow growing hair! So ready to be past this point.

skeletonous
November 17th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Ready for my hair to all fit in a claw clip :meditate: so close!

ohdokey
November 24th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Had a friend mention that my hair looked longer the other day. That was encouraging, because it feels like I am in the doldrums of chin-shoulder. Lately I can do semi-updos, but I still have lots of new growth hairs and shorter hairs left from the bob's bottom layer that don't cooperate. Headbands and earrings!

Puffer Fish
November 24th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Oh geez, layers are the worst. I'm so glad I haven't had layers since the pixie, no matter how much my mom tried to explain it to the stylists back when she was in charge of my hair. Thank goodness none of them knew what "feathering" was or else I'd be in growing-out-layers hell too.

How long is yours? Mine's alllllmost shoulder. I think by January I might be on to the next thread, but it's hard to say.

Puffer Fish
November 24th, 2014, 08:53 PM
I'm perpetually at the 'can I call this shoulder yet?' phase lately.

These pics are post wash, no combing, as a texture experiment. Turns out my hair gets slightly wavier, and floofy. I feel like I have triangle head even though I don't have curly hair! And the ends are still doing the thing where they all wave right, no matter where they are on my head.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/whoispufferfish/LHC%20pics/IMG_20141124_224457_200_zpsf4735ce4-1.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/whoispufferfish/media/LHC%20pics/IMG_20141124_224457_200_zpsf4735ce4-1.jpg.html)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e310/whoispufferfish/LHC%20pics/IMG_20141124_224403_506_zps2c08752b.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/whoispufferfish/media/LHC%20pics/IMG_20141124_224403_506_zps2c08752b.jpg.html)

ETA: I just realized that my ends are waving LEFT today and it feels very wrong. :couch:

bna_rapunzel
November 25th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Im off to the shoulder to apl thread!!!!! See you all so soon!!!

sarahchant
November 30th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Taken about 20 days apart, one is dried straight and the other is air dried and fluffy.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/sarahchanthaseny/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11-30_09.59.00_zpsqukxbrit.jpg (http://s8.photobucket.com/user/sarahchanthaseny/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11-30_09.59.00_zpsqukxbrit.jpg.html)

I feel like I'm never getting out of this stage. I am doing the no trim challenge for 2015 so I'm sure I'll make some progress then. I've been trimming off damage every six weeks or so.

Puffer Fish
November 30th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Taken about 20 days apart, one is dried straight and the other is air dried and fluffy.
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/sarahchanthaseny/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11-30_09.59.00_zpsqukxbrit.jpg (http://s8.photobucket.com/user/sarahchanthaseny/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11-30_09.59.00_zpsqukxbrit.jpg.html)

I feel like I'm never getting out of this stage. I am doing the no trim challenge for 2015 so I'm sure I'll make some progress then. I've been trimming off damage every six weeks or so.

Hey, we're the same length! :D
Here's hoping we can both make it out of this awful stage ASAP.

sarahchant
November 30th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Hey, we're the same length! :D
Here's hoping we can both make it out of this awful stage ASAP.

Yes, fingers crossed we can cross over early in the new year! What's your plan for trimming? The front of your haircut looks adorable. It will grow out well.

Puffer Fish
November 30th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Yes, fingers crossed we can cross over early in the new year! What's your plan for trimming? The front of your haircut looks adorable. It will grow out well.

Thanks!

And uh...I don't really have a plan for trimming. :whistle: I'm also doing No Trim 2015, so...
But in the future I guess my plan is to just even out the ends every couple months or so, no major chops. I'm currently heading to BSL but waist is sounding very tempting.
Right now I can't see the back, so I'm not trimming until I can do a Feye's trim or something. I also don't know what kind of hemline I want either. :p I'm so bad at planning ahead! This is the longest I've gone without a haircut in years. I don't know what to do with myself lol.

sarahchant
November 30th, 2014, 02:34 PM
I am glad to know you're planning to do the no trim challenge. We can encourage each other! My goal is to get to waist length with a U shaped hemline but I think I may be aiming too high!

Puffer Fish
December 4th, 2014, 08:51 PM
:taz:

If my ends weren't flippy I'd be able to let myself call this shoulder! Aaagh. It's a good thing the waves are pretty, because they're driving me insane with the slow length gain.

skeletonous
December 6th, 2014, 03:35 PM
I just realized today that my longest layer is about an inch from shoulder :cheer: yay! Also Puffer Fish, I have felt that before, my hair right now has more wave in the front than the back so the front pieces look shorter than they really are...but the waves are cute. :p

sarahchant
December 7th, 2014, 03:55 PM

If my ends weren't flippy I'd be able to let myself call this shoulder! Aaagh. It's a good thing the waves are pretty, because they're driving me insane with the slow length gain.

Even when I've tried to get a length picture with my hair sopping wet (to appear longer haha), it STILL flips up at the ends!

sarahchant
December 7th, 2014, 03:55 PM

Even when I've tried to get a length picture with my hair sopping wet (to appear longer haha), it STILL flips up at the ends!

Puffer Fish
December 9th, 2014, 06:48 PM

I noticed in my shower last night that if I was counting wet length, I could call this shoulder length!
I'm so close. Agghhh.

sarahchant
December 11th, 2014, 07:48 PM
I got my final trim today! Fingers crossed I can make it a whole year without a trim! Here's my pic and I'm calling shoulder! I think I'm close enough!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/sarahchanthaseny/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141211_2032421972_zpsvabjq0dr.jpg (http://s8.photobucket.com/user/sarahchanthaseny/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141211_2032421972_zpsvabjq0dr.jpg.html)

Puffer Fish
December 11th, 2014, 08:08 PM
:toast: Yay sarahchant!
I'm not calling my lengths until I reach them dry, so I think I'm the only person left here for a while lol.

sarahchant
December 11th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Don't worry Puffer Fish, I'm staying here for a bit longer... I think we will move on at the same time! I just had to call it for my own satisfaction.