PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else counting down to a trim and looking forward to it?

juliaxena
July 9th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I am a weird weird person. But I plan a 2 inch trim when I come back from seaside vacation and I am really looking forward to getting rid of some damage. My hair seems to be growing rather fast the last couple of months so I won't be set back for 4 months but rather like where I was 3 months ago if all goes well. Pretty good and lots of damage gone:cheese:. Anyone else?

UltraBella
July 9th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Yes !! I eagerly await all my trims, I love a fresh cut and how my hair feels afterwards :)

juliaxena
July 9th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Yes !! I eagerly await all my trims, I love a fresh cut and how my hair feels afterwards :)

And the ends especially...pure beauty to me :D. So when is your next one UB? Mine is either on 5th August or 11th to 12th (depends on my moms mood lol).

luxepiggy
July 9th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Oh me, me!! I've been holding off on cutting because I want to keep my dip-dye until the end of the summer, but I'd forgotten how annoyed I get when my hair is past classic. I cannot wait to get back to my usual hip-length style (^(oo)^)`

lunalocks
July 9th, 2012, 11:46 AM
I love my trims. Usually 1/4 inch. But last time 3/4 inch. Even 1/4 inch makes a world of difference.

Alva
July 9th, 2012, 12:19 PM
My last trim was somewhere in February or March and I have had the urge to get a trim since like 2 months now. My hemline is growing somewhat uneven and I want it back straight. Having promised myself to wait until October I am forcing myself to stick to my original plan, but inside I am really eager to get a trim of an inch or so, so definitely counting down to October :)

Indigostreams
July 9th, 2012, 01:41 PM
I'm looking forward to trimming by the moon on the 26th or 27th this month to see if it actually makes my hair grow faster. :D

Gillian
July 9th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I'm waiting until right after my birthday to trim because I want the length, but i do reealllyy need a trim. i feel like the bottom inch of my length is so dry it rejects oil

DreadfulWoman
July 9th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Yes, me. I just had a growth spurt, and my hair is suddenly feeling so shaggy. I refuse to trim more than once a month, though, and I still have a week and a half to go. I'm trying not to think about it too much, but I am definitely counting down the days...

CurlyCurves
July 9th, 2012, 02:02 PM
I feel like trimming now. Humph.

But, no, no - not until I reach goal!

CurlyCurves
July 9th, 2012, 02:03 PM
I feel like trimming now. Humph.

But, no, no - not until I reach goal!

jojo
July 9th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I don't hate having my hair trimmed as I like it looking healthy but can't say I really look forward to it either! Funny since my hair has got to a more likeable length for me, I hardly ever get the urge to trim anymore!

Alvrodul
July 9th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Me! I'm in the "Classic in 2012" challenge, and I'm so looking forward to reaching that goal! I am getting rather unhappy with my ends - they aren't really all that bad, and I still have a fairly good hemline, but when I do get to classic, I can start on a decent trimming schedule again. I have only S&Ded this year, I had my last trim (a very small one, using Feye's method) at the end of December.
When I do reach classic, I expect to join the Microtrimming and maintaining club. I don't think I'll stop growing out my hair, but I am going to gain length considerably slower, as there is some mechanical damage I want to get rid of, something that contributes to my unhappiness about my ends.:)

dwell_in_safety
July 9th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I LOVE a fresh trim. I take of 0.5-1" or so every third month, and my ends look soooooo good right after a trim. If I could trim that much every month and still show growth, I would, but I think my growth rate is roughly 0.7-0.8" per month.

FrannyG
July 11th, 2012, 02:52 PM
I do! I've been maintaining between BSL and waist for almost 2 years. I had been waiting for my hair to be long enough that I could cut off the thinness brought on by a pre-menopausal shed a couple of years ago, and still be at BSL. Today was the last of those trims. I cut off the last 3 inches(new siggy below)! Woo-hoo!

I don't regret losing the length at all. I love having my thicker ends back. :heartbeat

Now, I'll just be back to 1/2 inch trims every 3 or 4 months.

bunzfan
July 11th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I actually enjoy a trim rather to much i always enjoyed having my hair cut. I seriously need to learn to put the scissors away.

NoRush
July 11th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah... I have this thin section of hair that's longer than the rest, right at the front (I think the hairdresser missed it when she straighteed my inverted bob) it drives me nuts and I don't have the courage to take scissors to it myself.

Alas, I have no damage so I'll just deal with the uneveness :p No hair stylist is touching my hair any sooner than strictly necessary!:laugh:

FrannyG
July 11th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Yeah... I have this thin section of hair that's longer than the rest, right at the front (I think the hairdresser missed it when she straighteed my inverted bob) it drives me nuts and I don't have the courage to take scissors to it myself.

Alas, I have no damage so I'll just deal with the uneveness :p No hair stylist is touching my hair any sooner than strictly necessary!:laugh:

If and when you have the courage to trim your own hair, I recommend Feye's Self Trim Method (http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/). I've been trimming for six years with it; straight-across, u-shape, v-shape. I've tried them all. And I am a real klutz. If I can do it, anyone can.

Ticky
July 12th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I look forward to them, too! Not to the boring trimming process, but the end result is worth it :cheese:

swearnsue
July 13th, 2012, 02:37 PM
I just trimmed my hair using Feye's method. I really look forward to my little trims. Even though I hardly cut anything off it makes my ends feel better.

kam.pearson
July 13th, 2012, 02:41 PM
I am! I love the way my ends feel right after a trim!!!

sun-kissed
July 13th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Freshly trimmed hair, my favorite. :cloud9:
Unfortunately I just had a trim in early June, so it's going to be a while before I get to take some more off! Perhaps right before Christmas I'll do a micro instead of waiting a whole year, just for the fun of it.