PDA

View Full Version : Hair type changing? Am I crazy?

Ebrox
July 8th, 2012, 06:42 PM
So, I've always considered myself a straight hair person(between b/c)
But recently I've started to get wavy ends.. is this even possible?
I wash my hair twice a week, with baking soda on my scalp and conditioner on my length, then I rinse with apple cider vinegar.

First picture is from 05, the other from today (air dried uncombed).
http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1135/1466814093_fd85442c8f.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8024/7531741568_642265dfbb_z.jpg

What do you think? What type would it be?

jojo
July 8th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Yes hair type can change if we change routine that suits our hidden hair type better, your certainly not a 1C that's for sure, I'd put you as a 2b/c now, looks beautiful and you have grown so much too!

prettykitty
July 8th, 2012, 06:54 PM
I'm not sure about typing, but can definitely attest to hair texture changing over time. As a child my hair was as straight as straight can be, now I am in my thirties and my hair is distinctly wavy. No idea how that happened, but I don't mind :)

door72067
July 8th, 2012, 06:55 PM
in my early 20's I went from slightly wavy to spirals, so indeed, it *can* change

your hair is lovely =)

Ebrox
July 8th, 2012, 07:36 PM
thanks guys!
I'll follow jojo's suggestion, so I guess I'm a wavy girl now! haha :)

Dee38753
July 8th, 2012, 07:46 PM
You certainly have some lovely waves!

Ebrox
July 8th, 2012, 07:58 PM
You certainly have some lovely waves!
Thank you! :disco:

spirals
July 8th, 2012, 09:19 PM
My hair got curlier in junior high, probably due to hormones. Some women have a texture change in pregnancy. I think the ACV tightens the cuticle and makes it curve more. Lemon juice will do that, too.

Thenolegirl
July 8th, 2012, 11:06 PM
My hair was lightening-struck madness with tight crimps and frizz in middle school, which was tamed in high school with a blow dryer, straightener, and hair gel. Now it's slick and goes up and down the scale of 1C to 2B in smooth waves naturally.

You're hair is beautiful! I love how it curls on the very ends =)

Silken
July 8th, 2012, 11:09 PM
As we age and our hormones fluctuate, so does our hair. I was curly as a toddler, stick straight as a kid and young adult, then my hair started getting wavier and wavier, and I'm betting that past menopause, I'll be all curly again.

red-again
July 9th, 2012, 12:21 AM
My mums strand thickness has changed as well as her type. In her 30's I'd say she had 1b hair, medium, and a ii. Now, thoughout her late frites and into her 60's it has got wavier and coarser. Now it is a 2a, C, iii.
She keeps it above shoulder and can't do a thing with it! I keep telling her to grow it. I am almost winning!
And Ebrox, your hair is lovely. Love the colour in your siggy. And the surly ends ou have now are spectacular.

Ebrox
July 9th, 2012, 09:10 AM
My mums strand thickness has changed as well as her type. In her 30's I'd say she had 1b hair, medium, and a ii. Now, thoughout her late frites and into her 60's it has got wavier and coarser. Now it is a 2a, C, iii.
She keeps it above shoulder and can't do a thing with it! I keep telling her to grow it. I am almost winning!
And Ebrox, your hair is lovely. Love the colour in your siggy. And the surly ends ou have now are spectacular.

well it's nice to know I'm not the only hair type changing one :)
Thank you so much for the compliment! And the color in my siggy was just after a henna application.

meishkamooshka
July 9th, 2012, 11:39 AM
You have such incredibly waves!

Ebrox
July 9th, 2012, 03:08 PM
You have such incredibly waves!
thank you! :cheese:

elthia
July 11th, 2012, 06:12 PM
When I was a teenager, my hair was straight, maybe 1b, now I am 2b/2c. I had a pixie in my early 20's so I never noticed the change until I grew my hair out.

browneyedsusan
July 11th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Lots of fabulous information here.

I used my best guess at a hairtype, but have to wait and see what grows out of my head before I really know what I have! ;)