PDA

View Full Version : Mr. and Mrs. Smith Movie Updos

Maelyssa
July 8th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I understand this is a movie more than a bit old BUT I happen to be laid up in bed the past couple of days and I decided to pop some older movies in the laptop and lay in bed.

I can't help but be absolutely in love with the updos Angelina Jolie wears in the movie. They look like the same one or to styles but I can't seem to figure out what they are. Can anyone help?

It seems like they're kind of french twisted up then wrapped into a bun on top. I can't really find any pics of the back of the head to show so for anyone else who owns or has seen the movie do you have any clues?
One scene that really shows off the look is when the character Jane goes in to the job and is body scanned.

Thanks for any help!

Bene
July 8th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I saw the movie once, years ago. I don't remember the hair standing out to me. You have any links to screenshots so maybe the updo peeps can know what you're talking about?

Maelyssa
July 8th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Try as I might I just can't find a still that shows the updos. Either it's hair down or a front shot so you can't really check the updo out.

Tisiloves
July 9th, 2012, 01:02 PM
I watched the film and I'm about 90% certain that that updo is a French fold (http://rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com/2009/09/22/french-fold/) or a French slide (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLWRKdtlYhc&feature=plcp), just, you know with much shorter hair and fluffed and pinned by stylists.

Maelyssa
July 9th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Omg thank you so much! Now I just have to learn how to get some volume at the roots.

Tisiloves
July 9th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Omg thank you so much! Now I just have to learn how to get some volume at the roots.

Get a little section of hair from the top of your head, twist the ends a bit and push forward, experiment til it looks good and pin in place.

HintOfMint
July 9th, 2012, 09:01 PM
slightly off topic, but it makes me feel super old when people refer to movies within my adult life as "more than a bit old." :D

Maelyssa
July 10th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Get a little section of hair from the top of your head, twist the ends a bit and push forward, experiment til it looks good and pin in place.

Thank you again....you're my hair hero this week!

slightly off topic, but it makes me feel super old when people refer to movies within my adult life as "more than a bit old." :D

Lol...I figured since it was more than 2 or 3 years old it might qualify. Sadly, for myself I can say a divorce, new man and new daughter ago!

Tisiloves
July 10th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Thank you again....you're my hair hero this week!

Yay! A use for all the cruising around for hairstyles!:cheese: