PDA

View Full Version : im new here :) i want my hair to grow and become thicker stronger:)

lole18
July 8th, 2012, 12:11 PM
helo everyone :) im new here i want my hair to grow 4 inches in the shortest time:rolleyes: how many months will it take me? what can i use on it to make it stronger thicker and stop falling? :rolleyes::D

Bene
July 8th, 2012, 12:12 PM
If you go by the average growth rate, it'll be 8 months.

sarelis
July 8th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Hi & welcome to the forum :) Most people's hair grows at the rate of around 1/2" per month, so 4" would take 8 months. You mention that you have shedding, perhaps if you share your hair care routine (how often you wash, what with, if you straighten etc) people will be able to advise you on your best way forward :)

lole18
July 8th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Hi & welcome to the forum :) Most people's hair grows at the rate of around 1/2" per month, so 4" would take 8 months. You mention that you have shedding, perhaps if you share your hair care routine (how often you wash, what with, if you straighten etc) people will be able to advise you on your best way forward :)

thankuuu :-) i am taking multivitamin i wash it every 2 days with lush shampoo and conditioner sometimes i use lush sometimes tresemme's my hair is curly and it breaks and sheds alot :rolleyes: also i want to lighten it with honey but i live in bahrain i dont kno what kind of honey is the best and will it turn my hair from dark brown to light brown if i always use it :D thnx a bunch:love:

patienceneeded
July 8th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Welcome to the forum! The best advice is to look around the forum and read about what others are doing. There is some standard advice to to members and other very helpful that would be beneficial to you as well.

Here is where to find lots of information that should help you get started.

http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/announcement.php?f=9&a=11

Alvrodul
July 8th, 2012, 12:21 PM
For healthy hair and good growth you need to eat healthy - get all the protein, minerals and vitamins you need. Growth rate is set by your genetics, and while you can't exceed your maximum growth rate, your growth can be decreased by various factors - illness, stress and lack nutritional elements in your diet amongst them.
For healthy, long hair, you should also avoid heat treating your hair and also definitely avoid chemical treatments - perms, bleach and chemical colorings. Also learn to treat your hair gently, there are tons of advice on this here, both in the various threads and the articles section.
Happy growing, and welcome to LHC!

Alvrodul
July 8th, 2012, 12:28 PM
thankuuu :-) i am taking multivitamin i wash it every 2 days with lush shampoo and conditioner sometimes i use lush sometimes tresemme's my hair is curly and it breaks and sheds alot :rolleyes: also i want to lighten it with honey but i live in bahrain i dont kno what kind of honey is the best and will it turn my hair from dark brown to light brown if i always use it :D thnx a bunch:love:
Since you describe your hair as curly, I am certain it needs moisture. I would recommend that you try SMTs (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128)for this. Also, as a curly, I suspect your hair would do much better with CO-washing (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2898). There are also threads here where the curlies discuss their hairtype and give advice to each other (I'm a straightie myself, and while I've tried CO, I got rather meh results from that!)

blaketob
July 8th, 2012, 12:28 PM
do deep conditioning treatments, oiling hair, and stop any usage of heat to prevent breakage. Happy growing :)

lole18
July 8th, 2012, 12:31 PM
For healthy hair and good growth you need to eat healthy - get all the protein, minerals and vitamins you need. Growth rate is set by your genetics, and while you can't exceed your maximum growth rate, your growth can be decreased by various factors - illness, stress and lack nutritional elements in your diet amongst them.
For healthy, long hair, you should also avoid heat treating your hair and also definitely avoid chemical treatments - perms, bleach and chemical colorings. Also learn to treat your hair gently, there are tons of advice on this here, both in the various threads and the articles section.
Happy growing, and welcome to LHC!

thanku so much for all the helpful information :love: i tried co-washing but it didnt work for me because my scalp is oily and the rest of my hair is dry:mad: but i'll try everything that u said and do u think i can get lighter hair with honey? i want it to be very light brown its now very dark brown thnx thnx again:D:inlove:

Alvrodul
July 8th, 2012, 12:47 PM
thanku so much for all the helpful information :love: i tried co-washing but it didnt work for me because my scalp is oily and the rest of my hair is dry:mad: but i'll try everything that u said and do u think i can get lighter hair with honey? i want it to be very light brown its now very dark brown thnx thnx again:D:inlove:
Be careful with that. There is an article on honey lightening here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=61)- but some members who have tried this have ended up with damaged hair. Just because something is "natural" doesn't necessarily mean it isn't damaging.
My hair hates peroxide, so I don't do this.
By the way, some people on the board may have trouble understanding "SMS-language", like what you are writing. It will go easier for everyone if you make the effort to write proper English!

tinywife
July 8th, 2012, 12:49 PM
My hair grows 1/2 inch a month, but if I take biotin it speeds up to 1 inch a month.

lole18
July 8th, 2012, 12:53 PM
My hair grows 1/2 inch a month, but if I take biotin it speeds up to 1 inch a month.
how much biotin did u use to take in mcg? and do u kno any natural ways to get lighter hair? have u tried the honey:D?