PDA

View Full Version : Fragrance free clarifying shampoo?

neko_kawaii
July 8th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I picked up a bottle of Neutrogena anti residue shampoo the other day and I just can't stand the way it smells!

Does anyone know of a fragrance free clarifying shampoo?

neko_kawaii
July 8th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Nothing? Guess I'll keep experimenting with baking soda till I find the ratio that isn't drying.

Macaroni
July 8th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I've never sniffed Neutrogena and don't know of one that is specifically fragrance free.

Sniff the Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo next time you're shopping. You may like it.

Bonny
April 5th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Bumping this old thread because I'm in the same boat as neko_kawaii! I hate the scent of Neutrogena ant-residue shampoo and would love to find a fragrance-free alternative!

ARG
April 5th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe any "volumizing" shampoo is also clarifying so you might want to look into that. =)

Ocelan
April 6th, 2014, 07:31 AM
I'm hypersensitive to scents (aka get a headache, a hot sensation on my skin and smell it constantly whenever I'm near anything with a scent) so I've been looking aswell and it's been of no help. I have figured I just have to bare with it once a month or less often when I do need to clarify. Oh yeah, today probably is one of those days, yay... (not yay).

At the moment I'm using Cutrin's Pureism clarifying shampoo which has the usual blah chemical scent, but atleast it's not an atrochiously attacking floral or a sweet one. I believe it works a bit better on me than the baking soda trick so I make myself use it when I have to and I do the putting it on and washing off quick. It helps that I deep-condition/CO-wash afterwards with a non-scented conditioner so less of the shampoo smell lingers. I still smell it for the whole duration when my hair is damp, but atleast it doesn't usually take days to dissipate that way.

If someone finds an actual fragrance free clarifying shampoo then I want to know too!