PDA

View Full Version : monistat - can you use it long term?

red-again
July 8th, 2012, 02:01 AM
I have used monistat on and off for a while now. I am drawn by the growth success stories but then I read about shedding once you stop and this puts me off! I know like some have said on other posts, that those hairs are probably just ones you'd have shed anyway but I'm nervous in case that is not completely the case.

So I have two questions that I wanted to make a new thread for as the monistat threads are HUGE and I'm worried my q Mary get lost!

1) when stopping monistat, how many of you had a shed? And was it noticeable?
2) to omit the shed possibility, does anyone use monistat for a long time/ permanently? If so does it work and on the flip side does it eventually tire out your follicles as they can't go through the shedding phase, indeed they are being kept in the active phase? Is the constant growth going to cause any probs?

Ok that's a few q's bundled up as two but...

Thankyou in advance for any replies x

pink.sara
July 8th, 2012, 04:02 AM
I found when using MN I stop shedding completely.

Normally I shed lots of hair every day, on the occasions I plaited it all day then counted it's more than 80. But with MN it's perhaps one or 2. But after using it for 4 months 3-4 times a week I had a slightly bigger than normal shed... Like maybe 100 hairs a day for a week?

But not enough to cause me to worry as it stopped quickly.

I've never been disciplined enough to use it for longer as I get easily bored so I can't say what happens long term I'm afraid. :)

DragonLady
July 8th, 2012, 07:10 AM
I used Monistat for a year, in three month stints. That is, I used it twice a week for three months, then took a month's break.

When I was using it, I almost entirely quit shedding. But during the month I was off of it, I shed more than "normal".

I think using Monistat just causes hairs that have stopped growing and should have been shed out to hang on longer.

jacqueline101
July 8th, 2012, 07:15 AM
I've been on it for a year. I've never stopped using it I probably won't until I get to my ultimate goal of tail bone.