PDA

View Full Version : Knot bun

Sarahlabyrinth
July 7th, 2012, 07:24 PM
I want to be able to do a knot bun on my APL hair. Any tips / advice please?

honeybunnie8
July 7th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Nope. I cant do one with my BSL but I have slippery hair

FrannyG
July 7th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I only have a ii thickness, and I couldn't do a knot at APL. With your thick hair, I think you would be hard pressed to do any sort of knot at your length.

You may be able to do double knots. For example, you could part your hair as you would do for a half-up, do a knot bun with that hair, and then do a knot directly underneath it with the remaining hair.

If you did that, you might be able to manage a KarenLynn knot (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=29), or something similar. Depending on how thick your hair actually is, you might need to make three vertical knots.

Dovetail
July 7th, 2012, 07:54 PM
:c I tried a knot bun today and I couldn't get my hair around enough. If you figure out a way id love to hear it!

MissManda
July 7th, 2012, 08:40 PM
My hair is "Can I call this hip?" length and I still can't do a knot bun with all of my hair. The only way I can get it to work is to section it as mentioned by the previous posters.

Lady Neeva
July 7th, 2012, 09:24 PM
My version of the knot bun is a cinnabun with it's ends tucked into the loop made by the bun. If your hair is long enough to do a cinnabun, then I suggest that you should try it.

Sarahlabyrinth
July 8th, 2012, 05:14 AM
OK, have managed a knot bun. But only on half of my hair, to lessen the thickness. I only get about an inch of tail after tying the knot and when I stop the pressure of tying it the whole thing goes SPROING and triples in size swallowing the ends.

So there I was with a sproinged bun and still more hair to deal with so decided to try doing an English braid and looping it up so it reached to the bun. So, a bit messy but hopefully practice will help with that. See my profile picture.

bunzfan
July 8th, 2012, 05:17 AM
I cant even do a knot bun and my hair is almost hip length:(

FrannyG
July 8th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Ooh, I looked at your profile photo and your hair looks beautiful. :crush:

Thicker haired folk just have to wait longer to do knots, I'm afraid. But your thickness is so gorgeous that it's worth not being able to do certain updos at shorter lengths.

white.chocolate
July 8th, 2012, 05:26 AM
I notice your hair is thick. I have tried doing the knot bun on APL/iii hair, and it was very difficult. I think it's best to wait for your hair to grow a bit longer.

jacqueline101
July 8th, 2012, 07:42 AM
I think your style is for tail bone and longer depending on hair type.

jojo
July 8th, 2012, 04:12 PM
My hair is 33 inches and I can just about do a knot bun and my hair is thickish at 4.4 " so I think hair needs to be past 30" to do this, especially on thicker hair. I'd think thinner hair would be able to do this much sooner