PDA

View Full Version : So relieved! My curls came back!

CurlyCurves
July 7th, 2012, 03:18 PM
This is just about the only place I can post this where people will understand but..

I am SO happy! I flat ironed my hair two days ago and was really anxious that I'd lose my curl pattern.

Well, they popped right back! I done my DC routine also.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/c0.0.403.403/p403x403/554040_4307793093451_443074858_n.jpg

Stepping away from the flat iron for a while. It's a risk every time I do it and, quite frankly, it's playing with fire (see what I did there? :D).

Just wanted to share that! I am honestly over the moon!

maborosi
July 7th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Yay! They're so shiny and pretty! ^^

Do you only flat-iron to check the length? How often do you usually do it?

~maborosi~

CurlyCurves
July 7th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Yay! They're so shiny and pretty! ^^

Do you only flat-iron to check the length? How often do you usually do it?

~maborosi~

Thank you :joy:I missed them so much!

I don't specifically flat iron to check length, but it does help.

I allow myself one flat iron a month, but I do often go months without doing so. But then, I also have months like June when I flat ironed twice :/

I'd love to go heat free. It's a little intimidating to me, though. I am not addicted to flat ironing, but I like the change that it gives me.

meishkamooshka
July 7th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Beautiful as usual! Whatever you do, it's working, girl! Happy for ya! :D

CurlyCurves
July 7th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Beautiful as usual! Whatever you do, it's working, girl! Happy for ya! :D

Thank you!

You know, I admire your hair in your siggie pic every time you post. Keep posting :D

RitaCeleste
July 7th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Your curls are beautiful! I've only had my hair flat ironed once. I don't actually have a lot of hair. I'm never letting anyone thin it again, never ever. I noticed more splits after my sister ironed it, and a faint burned smell. It takes too much heat to flatten mine, they may only be waves but they are quiet tough. It washed it out and my hair was usual self again.

CurlyCurves
July 7th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Your curls are beautiful! I've only had my hair flat ironed once. I don't actually have a lot of hair. I'm never letting anyone thin it again, never ever. I noticed more splits after my sister ironed it, and a faint burned smell. It takes too much heat to flatten mine, they may only be waves but they are quiet tough. It washed it out and my hair was usual self again.

Thank you!

RE thinning, I actually have a funny story to tell. My Auntie is a hairdresser, and she has a thinning comb. Once, years ago, I thought it was a normal comb and was combing my hair. I noticed lots of hair falling out and alerted her. Then she said "omg Carmen, that's a razor comb!" :D I wasn't that bothered then, but if that happened now, I'd have a heart attack and then some!

Yeah, I'd understand that. Your hair is C. Mine is F/M, so it straightens easily. I worry about the burnt hair smell, though. It makes me paranoid.

Your waves are lovely :D

Hollyfire3
July 7th, 2012, 04:29 PM

Just curious, how much does your ponytail decrease when flat ironed? I never noticed that mine does, when I flat ironed of course, it just was smoother, not any thinner in a ponytail:confused:.

Toiréasa
July 7th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Your curls are lovely,so glad you got them back!

pepperminttea
July 7th, 2012, 04:48 PM
I'd love to go heat free. It's a little intimidating to me, though. I am not addicted to flat ironing, but I like the change that it gives me.

Your curls are gorgeous! When you fancy that temporary change though, have you tried hair wrapping (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp-0Ru_OD90)? :)

CurlyCurves
July 9th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Your curls are lovely,so glad you got them back!

Thank you!

Your curls are gorgeous! When you fancy that temporary change though, have you tried hair wrapping (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp-0Ru_OD90)? :)

Thank you! R.E hair wrapping - I can't seem to do it properly :( also, no heat free method gives me the results flat ironing does. It's always somewhat 'poofy' :(

PurpleAshes
July 9th, 2012, 06:17 AM
I hold a gigantic grudge against Flat irons. They took my curls away oermanently a few years ago :/ But all that hair is gone now, thankfully.

Xandergrammy
July 9th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Just wanted to tell you how beautiful your curls are! :inlove:

MintChocChip
July 9th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Very pretty curls!

Hollyfire3
July 9th, 2012, 08:36 AM
I hold a gigantic grudge against Flat irons. They took my curls away oermanently a few years ago :/ But all that hair is gone now, thankfully.

Me too! Same thing happened! It's JUST now comign back!:(

meishkamooshka
July 9th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Thank you!

You know, I admire your hair in your siggie pic every time you post. Keep posting :D

Haha. Thank you :)

CurlyCurves
July 13th, 2012, 07:22 PM

This is what I'm scared of :run:

Just wanted to tell you how beautiful your curls are! :inlove:

Thank you sweetie ^_^

Very pretty curls!

Thank you so much!

Haha. Thank you :)

You're welcome ;)