PDA

View Full Version : Oiling your hair AFTER the pool? + Club soda question

Asma
July 7th, 2012, 02:53 PM
I'm not really keen on oiling my hair before the pool since it would probably pollute the pool and clog up the filters or something, anyways do you reckon a deep treatment after swimming in chlorinated water and before showering would work?

Also, how exactly do you use fizzy water (club soda) do you just pour the bottle on your hair and then shampoo and condition as normal? (I don't think a bottle is enough for my hair though, lol :D)

sakuraemily
July 7th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Dunno about soda but oiling before you get into the water will form a protective coating on your hair. It will make a barrier from the chlorine. You can wash your hair once you're out of the water.
No the oil won't pollute the water because oil and water don't mix. So no clogging either. I think it'll be best to do a heavy oiling an hour before you actually get in and then shampoo it our or whatever the moment you're out.

Bunnysaur
July 7th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I oil my scalp and hair up pretty well an hour or two before getting in, then rinse it out and use a deep conditioner, no shampoo, before I change back into clothes.

Asma
July 7th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Dunno about soda but oiling before you get into the water will form a protective coating on your hair. It will make a barrier from the chlorine. You can wash your hair once you're out of the water.
No the oil won't pollute the water because oil and water don't mix. So no clogging either. I think it'll be best to do a heavy oiling an hour before you actually get in and then shampoo it our or whatever the moment you're out.

I oil my scalp and hair up pretty well an hour or two before getting in, then rinse it out and use a deep conditioner, no shampoo, before I change back into clothes.

Oh alright.. I thought it might form a layer over the pool, but come to think of it I wouldn't be using THAT much. :o

An hour or so before is a good idea actually since my hair will absorb some of the oil and the oil wouldnt feel that wet (okay I can't describe this), thank you! :)

maborosi
July 7th, 2012, 03:48 PM
When I swim, I oil, and put conditioning treatment on the ends, all under a swim cap ^^ But somehow I manage to get water in there...hmm...I condition really well after swimming, too.

But anyway, don't worry about polluting the water, 'cause oil won't likely clog any filters :)

~maborosi~

sakuraemily
July 7th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Oh alright.. I thought it might form a layer over the pool, but come to think of it I wouldn't be using THAT much. :o

An hour or so before is a good idea actually since my hair will absorb some of the oil and the oil wouldnt feel that wet (okay I can't describe this), thank you! :)

You'd have to empty a whole bottle on your head to do that!