PDA

View Full Version : the renegreys inspire me!

stew
July 7th, 2012, 11:25 AM
hello everybody! i just had this thought and had to put it out there. i'm 22 years old and nowhere close to going grey yet, but i was looking at pictures of all the gorgeous, soft, shiny, long silver hair on this site and hoping that when i start going grey, i remember everything i learned about hair care on here.

it just always seemed inevitable to me that when i got older, i would have to start wearing my hair shorter to fit in with societal expectations, and the texture would be coarser, and i would get to this magic age where my hair just stopped co-operating with me and i would just have to deal with it.

but you beautiful LHCers have shown me that grey hair can be just as amazing, and it is something very inspiring to look forward to! thanks! :p

DarkCurls
July 7th, 2012, 11:56 AM
I know, right? You renegrays almost make me want to have grey hair. (But, not yet.)

Long hair forever. :D

Jing
July 8th, 2012, 04:07 AM
I can't squee enough over the awesomeness of grey hair. :cheese: I want to have white streaks already, dammit. The few white hairs I do have are so sparkly! It's going to be awesome.

jojo
July 8th, 2012, 08:52 AM
I have a silver streak in the front , for me it's blends in well with my hair and looks like a highlight which I like but my hair is not dark, so could understand it being annoying if my hair was darker.

I was dying my hair with hendigo but have managed to remove all of that and now I am back to my natural colour, not going to dye again but just let them come in as mother nature intended. I am 43 btw!

leylusha
July 8th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Hear, hear! I even hope my grays show up all over my head and not just a few here and there, but all the women in my family that I know of didn't get much gray.

long&blonde
July 8th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Loved reading this. :) But man, when you are There? Those white roots come in so awkward! I have a solid white stripe down the center of my head,when I let mine go. Exactly like skunks do. Of course I do part my hair in the middle. I love when someone has the streak of white grey or silver. I have a positive skunk stripe. My mum has totally white hair, Santa Claus white, and I'm betting were I not salon dyed darkish ash blonde, I'd be there too. If anyone sees inspiring renegray photos of "growing in skunk stripe style", please share?

afu
July 8th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I love grey/white hair - the day I start going grey/white can't come soon enough!

Miss Maisie
July 8th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the post! My whites are coming in with a vengeance lately, and I am starting to feel my will to keep them break down. It doesn't help that the rest of my hair is very, very dark brown. On good days though, I love it!

Thanks for helping me keep my chin up!

spidermom
July 8th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Glad to be an inspiration.

Alembic
July 8th, 2012, 12:11 PM
They are beautiful - I always admire silver/white hair and if I had a head full of it I would want to do pretty lavender rinses in it. The problem is my skin tone so far doesn't seem to compliment the little white roots coming in near my temple - I have greenish/olive tones. I hope maybe I will change my mind as I get a bit older, I'm in my 30s now. Of course in the summer my skin tone is more pronounced than it is during the winter. I love the Renegrays' hair, though. Time to change these societal expectations! Long healthy hair is almost the new way to buck conformity - and it's for everyone of any age.

I say if you got it, grow it. And then flaunt it on here so we can all drool over it. :bottomsup:

mojavewolf1
July 9th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Glad to be an inspiration.
Do you still dye or are you going natural? I am still thinking about not dying..My hair is almost black but is getting alot of white in it..salt and pepper..Im not sure if I want to go natural but I know it is better for your hair!:cheese:I told someone I was thinking about letting it go natural and they said your to young to let your hair go grey!! They were shocked..But I think it might be fun...:eyebrows:

elbow chic
July 9th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Me too. I always knew I would not color my hair to hide grey-- my mom and grandma and great-grandma all went grey with zero shame and great aplomb-- but it's so cool to see women out there rocking the grey so publicly. I think it is silly that people will go to such lengths to avoid looking "old." What's so wrong with looking "old," anyway?

Today's crop of 25 year olds will age just like their parents, today's crop of babies will replace them, there is simply nothing shameful about this! Even my babies will be old people some day. :D (hopefully they will learn to tie their own shoes sometime between now and then :hmm: )