PDA

View Full Version : Which is best -

Sarahlabyrinth
July 7th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Dabur Vatika enriched almond oil

or

Dabur Vatika enriched coconut hair oil.

Have tried the coconut and love it but haven't tried the almond...

Amanah
July 7th, 2012, 06:28 AM
if you hair likes protein, coconut oil might work well.

if you hair doesnt like protein and is a bit finer, Almond oil may work better.

meteor
July 7th, 2012, 09:15 AM
I love the coconut version because it's absolutely natural (except for a very safe preservative added) and actually coconut-oil-based.
The first ingredient in the almond version is Paraffinum Liquidum, i.e. mineral oil, so I didn't buy it for that reason. I do hear some wonderful reviews on this product and on mineral oil, too. Just realize that mineral oil is very sealing (blocks moisture from in and out) and not natural. I'd like other members to correct me if I'm wrong, but mineral oil is NOT good on scalp (blocks follicles), but is generally good for hair length. So you might want to use coconut version on scalp (as recommended) and almond version on length.

Dabur Coconut Hair Oil Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Neem, Brahmi, Extracts of Amla, Bahera and Harar, Kapur Kachri, Henna, Milk, Rosemary Oil, Lemon Oil, TBHQ, Fragrance

Dabur Enriched Almond Hair Oil Ingredients: Paraffinum Liquidum, Canola Oil, Palm Oil, Olea Eurpoaea (Olive) Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Til) Oil, Phenyl Trimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Parfum, Vitamin E Acetate, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary )Oil, Tert Butyl Hydro Quinone, CI 12010, CI 12740.

pepperminttea
July 7th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Dabur Coconut Hair Oil Ingredients: Coconut Oil, Neem, Brahmi, Extracts of Amla, Bahera and Harar, Kapur Kachri, Henna, Milk, Rosemary Oil, Lemon Oil, TBHQ, Fragrance

Dabur Enriched Almond Hair Oil Ingredients: Paraffinum Liquidum, Canola Oil, Palm Oil, Olea Eurpoaea (Olive) Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Til) Oil, Phenyl Trimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Parfum, Vitamin E Acetate, Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary )Oil, Tert Butyl Hydro Quinone, CI 12010, CI 12740.

Going by these, I'd say the coconut version. The almond version is very high in mineral oil, which works well for some people in small amounts but some have found it very difficult to remove after deep treatments of it; less is more with that one if you do try it. On coconut oil generally - it does not contain protein, but it can help reduce protein loss.

Really though, I'd just buy the ones sold to cook with that are just the oil and not a lot of other things you don't need thrown in. :)

jojo
July 7th, 2012, 10:40 AM
if you hair likes protein, coconut oil might work well.

if you hair doesnt like protein and is a bit finer, Almond oil may work better.

Coconut oil doesn't contain protein, it prevents you loosing protein from the hair!

I like both but almond is my favourite from the 2