PDA

View Full Version : Worst split you've ever had?

lmfbs
July 7th, 2012, 02:54 AM
A few weeks ago I found this split:

https://p.twimg.com/Av5Ocj0CEAAlpKb.jpg

What's the worst split you've ever found? Feel free to share photos!

DarkCurls
July 7th, 2012, 04:56 AM
That's your worst split? I'm jealous. I've never actually taken a photo of my splits, but I've had some truly awful ones, split at least half the way up in that horrible "feather" way. Argh.

I like this thread. ^^

schweedie
July 7th, 2012, 05:49 AM
That is a good one! I do love me a good split end. :D This is probably one of the coolest I've found in my own hair:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6095&pictureid=122614

Madora
July 7th, 2012, 07:12 AM
No pic but about a month ago I snipped off a section that had 7 tiny splits. Looked like a feather.

CurlyMopTop
July 7th, 2012, 08:11 AM
I'm jealous! I can never find any splits in my hair. Anytime that I thought I may have seen a split, I discover that it's actually several strands of hair. LOL...:D

GoddessLocks
July 7th, 2012, 08:17 AM
I think the worst one I found was like that, all split up into 4 pieces and traveling up :0

sharonluvscats
July 7th, 2012, 08:18 AM
I'm jealous! I can never find any splits in my hair. Anytime that I thought I may have seen a split, I discover that it's actually several strands of hair. LOL...:D

Same here. I think it's a split but it isn't. I can never find splits. I've seen a million pictures but I can never find them on my own hair.

TheMechaGinger
July 7th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Same as CurlyMopTop here, I've never actually found any splits in my hair. That's not to say I don't have em, I hardly ever look (how un-LHC of me! haha). But when I do bother to look and I think I find one, turns out it's just a couple of strands hangin' out together

IvanaGil
July 7th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Oh, I have had some pretty bad ones. I don't have pics, but I will occasionally find a spilt with at least 4 spilts, a slit higher in the strand so it looks like () but with the ends still closed so it's like someone cut right in between the strand and left a little slit, and a white dot! I always get excited to chop those bad boys off.

arcane
July 7th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I found one once that was just y splits with y splits that had y splits. It went halfway up my hair and in the end probably had 10 or pieces at the end. I was impressed.

Kyla
July 7th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I've found many awful ones...but I try to forget about them immediately. :p My hair splits very easily and badly, keeping them at bay is always a battle.

Zesty
July 7th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Oh, I have to pick ONE worst ever split? :p I've had a lot of doozies. My favorites are probably the white dot and split combos, where it's a deep split with a white dot and then a y split and, oh, a feathered split thrown in on the other side for good measure. LOL. Okay, that might be exaggerating slightly, but even though I don't get that much damage on my hair, the splits I do have are fierce.

missmelaniem
July 7th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Mine would be similar to the OPS: splits that had splits!

When I stop using cones and use poo bars alllll of my splits are there for everyone to see!

Amber_Maiden
July 7th, 2012, 12:46 PM
I've had ones like that My worst split though was split up 4in of my hair! Not 4in up my hair- the entire 4in WAS the split.

maborosi
July 7th, 2012, 12:48 PM
The worst splits I've had were probably when I was a bit younger and didn't take care of my hair. Typically, I just get y-splits.

Even though they're split ends, I've gotta admit that these do look kinda cool.

~maborosi~

spirals
July 7th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I think I've had a few that were inches long. That's when I was brushing and heat-styling. But now I might get a 2 mm split that doesn't go further. My ends are really dry, but I don't see any splits. I have been brushung lately, so I will probably get more. It just feels sooo good on my scalp.

Syaoransbear
July 7th, 2012, 04:42 PM
I once had a hair that was split 21 ways. It almost looked like a feather.

jojo
July 7th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I haven't had many splits since my trim in may but the worst one I ever found was a feather one, they are awful!

petali
July 7th, 2012, 04:47 PM
It's so weird. My deep split ends usually only have one split, and they look so healthy and I sometimes want to keep them.

Kittykins
July 7th, 2012, 06:59 PM
I once found a deep split that went about 2 inches up the strand of hair.

LizTheLyre
July 7th, 2012, 08:36 PM
my splits are tricky, they arent usually Y splits, theyre more of like a road, with a smaller pathway spliting off farther up. they can look like 2 hairs or stay together like a sneaky little spit end... my worst was one of my common slpits, with a Y spit on the bigger end, and a feather up the smaller side.it was about an inch long.

lmfbs
July 7th, 2012, 11:35 PM
I had a feathery one once. Wish I took a pic of it! Mostly I find y splits now!

Winnie!
July 8th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I have had my fair share of splits. One day when I was searching for split ends I found a hair that was split pretty far up it. I kept searching for where the split began so I could chop it. Well, it actually kept splitting up the hair shaft. I got about halfway up the hair and decided it wasn't salvageable and yanked it out. :p I actually don't know how far the splits went.

Humbug454
July 17th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Split in 3, with 1 of the three splits being a feather one! Hideous!!!

vanillabones
July 17th, 2012, 02:52 PM
I bet the majority of my hair (especially around the edges) is mostly splits *shudders and hides* I don't examine them out of fear.

Terra
July 18th, 2012, 07:35 AM
my splits are tricky, they arent usually Y splits, theyre more of like a road, with a smaller pathway spliting off farther up. they can look like 2 hairs or stay together like a sneaky little spit end... my worst was one of my common slpits, with a Y spit on the bigger end, and a feather up the smaller side.it was about an inch long.
I'm not sure if i got you. But it sounds similar to my worst split that I found:
It looked like a ladder. Like two parallel hairs with rungs in between like a leader. But the rungs where angular and not in a right angle...
That was over a length of 6-8inches and with rungs every 0.5inch... :bigeyes:

CurlyCurves
July 18th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Oh, I've had some bad ones... wait, lemme go get a pic ..

ETA; Okay, here's one shudder:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/522954_4137510756499_612032769_n.jpg

There's been worse - believe me.

ManeSqueeze
July 23rd, 2012, 10:47 PM
It makes me so happy to see that other people get splits. For some reason for the past month that I've been kind of obsessively S&Ding, I felt like no one ever got splits, even though I would read here that others did. If I put my hair into a regular braid I get AMAZING splits. Tomorrow I'll have to take some pictures of a few of my doozies.

This thread makes me think of this:
http://www.cabinetmagazine.org/issues/40/turner2.php

Vampyria
July 24th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Here is mine:

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p496/Lilith513/hjjf.jpg?t=1342469223

Right down to the root. :( I think, I win. :p
I just found two of those though, and the reason was protein overload, I think. Otherwise my hair is in it's best health.

lmfbs
July 24th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Here is mine:

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p496/Lilith513/hjjf.jpg?t=1342469223

Right down to the root. :( I think, I win. :p
I just found two of those though, and the reason was protein overload, I think. Otherwise my hair is in it's best health.

I also think some people are just more prone to splits, regardless of their hair health. That's a pretty impressive one, though!