PDA

View Full Version : Thank Goodness for All You LHC Folks!!

MestizoGypsy
July 7th, 2012, 12:08 AM
I was discussing hair with a friend tonight (someone whose hair grows much faster than mine, so much so that she'll chop great lengths off on a whim.) I told her I was going for waist length by Christmas, and she was sort of shocked and dismayed by that :( She's definitely not the first of my friends that has felt that way. There aren't a lot of long hairs where I'm at, so thanks to all of you for the support and encouragement!

Vanille_
July 7th, 2012, 12:11 AM
My friend got bored the other day and posted on Facebook that she grabbed her hair in a pony tail and cut it off and straightened it from there.

And she's one of those people who asks me, How does your hair get so long?

Jesabel
July 7th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Goodluck on waist by christmas! That's my goal too! Judging by both our sig pics, we should get there before :grin: By the way your hair is gorgeous :flower:

Elanadi
July 7th, 2012, 12:31 AM
I had a conversation about hair with my bff tonight; she just had a bunch of layer cut into her beautiful strawberry blonde hair AND had it thinned "because it's too heavy". Her fiance wants her to grow it out, but she keeps cutting at it... so I asked her what she meant by "too heavy." She said that she couldn't put her hair up because it fell out, so she thought that meant it was too heavy and needed to be thinned. I told her she needed to quit cutting all the layers and thinning it, and needed to learn how to put it up properly instead. And then I told her I was going to show her all the beautiful hair on LHC to show her her hair wasn't too heavy, LOL!!!! So to answer your question in a long, round about way, it occurred to me during this conversation that we all define beautiful hair differently... your friend and my friend want current hair styles, whether it fits their hair type or not; and we want long hair and enjoy it for what it is. I think the two opposite sides of though have a hard time understanding each other sometimes, lol!! :)

MestizoGypsy
July 7th, 2012, 01:00 AM
I don't know how to quote 2 different messages in one reply, but here it goes:

Thank you Jesabel! Your hair is lovely too! I hope we both make it to waist by Christmastime =)

Elanadi I hadn't thought about it like that, but you're absolutely right. That's such a good way to look at it.