PDA

View Full Version : From hip to chin: and I'm back again...

naomimcc
July 6th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Hey hey hey all you wonderful LHCers!

So now that I've gone from hip to chin and have been at chin for 2.5 years methinks I'm in the mood for long again - but not as long as before. Just APL - long enough for sticks and clips again.

So I'm currently at just below chin and can justbarely pull it back into a teenytiny ponytail which is nice actually. I've also added bangs which has been awesome. :)

Here's my conundrum...anybody have any cute style ideas/updo's for this length? I haven't had to do the grow out from this length since the mid 90s....

naomimcc
July 6th, 2012, 10:55 AM
BTW...I missed you all!! :D

Rain
July 6th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Hey hey hey all you wonderful LHCers!

So now that I've gone from hip to chin and have been at chin for 2.5 years methinks I'm in the mood for long again - but not as long as before. Just APL - long enough for sticks and clips again.

So I'm currently at just below chin and can justbarely pull it back into a teenytiny ponytail which is nice actually. I've also added bangs which has been awesome. :)

Here's my conundrum...anybody have any cute style ideas/updo's for this length? I haven't had to do the grow out from this length since the mid 90s....

Welcome back! I am just about in the same boat. Lopped off my mid-thigh hair a few years ago, kept it around chin, decided to grow it back out, and now it's at APL. I've been wearing a lot of barrettes and headbands. I put it in two low ponytails in back for the gym for a long time but now it's finally long enough for a single ponytail. I wear barrettes, mostly.

jojo
July 6th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I could do a French plait at apl or how about the twisting your hair from the bottom and using a jaw clip half way along the twist, leaving some hair out if that makes sense :) or double braids, scrunchie bun, or French plait with the ends tucked under, lots of options at this length! Welcome back by the way!

Nae
July 6th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Well howdy stranger! I recognize that avatar, I haven't seen you in a long time. Glad to have you back!

spidermom
July 6th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Hi; it's good to see you!

Alva
July 7th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Wanted to say hi and welcome back! I also had a 2 or 3 year break and came back last christmas somewhere, I remember you from when I joined, long time ago! I don't have much tips for you hairwise, but felt like saying hi anyway :D

truepeacenik
July 7th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Hey! So good to see you posting!

Now, what from before are you using? What was helpful in your shortie sojourn?

maborosi
July 7th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I did the same sort of thing- I chopped my hair off to chin and now it's growing back out. I found that really the only things I could do were put a few hairpins in it to keep it out of my face.

Happy hair growing!

~maborosi~

naomimcc
July 7th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Basically I throw in a few pins every once and awhile as well but that's about it. I keep trying to do an updo - of any kind - but it ain't happening. I'll have to post updated pix at some point :D

On the upside I still have my original pony tail from when I cut it off. 24" long!!! I was thinking of having it made into a clip :) I was going to sell it but cancelled the deal...

maborosi
July 7th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Basically I throw in a few pins every once and awhile as well but that's about it. I keep trying to do an updo - of any kind - but it ain't happening. I'll have to post updated pix at some point :D

On the upside I still have my original pony tail from when I cut it off. 24" long!!! I was thinking of having it made into a clip :) I was going to sell it but cancelled the deal...

Yeah it's frustrating. I am soo close to being able to to an actual updo- I think I've got maybe an inch before I can actually pull all of my hair back into a ponytail without clips/pins, but argh! It's so frustrating.

Oh! I have a ponytail from when I got my hair cut when I was little- my hair was very long back then (well, long for someone under 4 feet tall, lol!)

~maborosi~

Merlin
July 8th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Get some pretty clips and clip the sides back? Other than that bunches are cute on that length ;-)

FrannyG
July 8th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Good to see you again! :waving: When my hair was your length, and that was a long time ago, now, I think I did things like twist strands of hair and hold them with little claw clips. I would vary the way I did it for variety. You can get pretty creative if you try. Looking forward to the photos! :blossom:

Tabitha
July 8th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Welcome back!

Did you cut off your hair yourself, or go to a salon? I'm wondering, because I have a salon appointment on Saturday and plan to lose 12" to go back to APL. I'd quite like to keep the ponytail/braid, but wondering if the stylist would think it a weird request so I'd be interested to hear. Mind you 2 foot of hair is much more impressive and more understandable to want to keep it.

Merlin
July 8th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Welcome back!

Did you cut off your hair yourself, or go to a salon? I'm wondering, because I have a salon appointment on Saturday and plan to lose 12" to go back to APL. I'd quite like to keep the ponytail/braid, but wondering if the stylist would think it a weird request so I'd be interested to hear. Mind you 2 foot of hair is much more impressive and more understandable to want to keep it.

I've known a couple of stylists who say that women and girls wanting to keep the ponytail they get cut off is quite common: I'm guessing they'll neither think it weird nor be unwilling to oblige. Or you could get a friend with a steady hand to cut the length off so you could keep it and then get the salon to do the actual styling?

silverstars
July 8th, 2012, 09:43 AM
I did pigtails a lot when I was at chin.

Shorty89
July 8th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Good to see you again :D

Shell
July 8th, 2012, 10:46 AM
At your length, headbands, barrettes, and bobby pins. Hats? You can do French and Dutch single and double braids too. Peacock twists when it gets a little longer. When you get to APL, you'll be able to do French Twists, a Gibson Tuck, and a crown braid. Real buns don't really start until close to BSL.

Best of luck on regrowing and welcome back. :)

naomimcc
July 17th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Welcome back!

I went to a salon to get it cut. It was awesome...I told the lady my history and she was fantastic about it :D

naomimcc
July 17th, 2012, 03:34 PM
At your length, headbands, barrettes, and bobby pins. Hats? You can do French and Dutch single and double braids too. Peacock twists when it gets a little longer. When you get to APL, you'll be able to do French Twists, a Gibson Tuck, and a crown braid. Real buns don't really start until close to BSL.

Best of luck on regrowing and welcome back. :)

After 15 years of long hair the one thing I never learned how to do (not for lack of trying) was french or dutch braid...I just can't do it LOL. I do a lot of pigtails and half ups right now. It's a tough length...now I remember why I let it grow in the first place - to avoid this stage :P