PDA

View Full Version : One-Length Blunt hair - at home? Possible?

DarkAlice
July 6th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Hello, i have hair down to my shoulder but I wanna cut it to chin length and was wondering how I could do this at home, I live in a small town with like 2 stylists, I tried her last year and she gave me an ellen degeneris cut, I just want a one length chin-length hair-do that is blunt with no layers.

How can I do this at home easily? My friends can help if require more then one more? i tried to do it before but it ended up crooked, or the ends still didn't look blunt.

i have hair scissors and a creaclip if that helps anything, thanks!

DarkCurls
July 6th, 2012, 08:52 AM
I guess everyone is going to recommend this (http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/2389.html#cutid1).

And if you're a more visual person, Habioku's video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Erf49Eyxc) may help. This is a U-cut, but for a straight-across you only do step 2.

XcaliburGirl
July 6th, 2012, 09:01 AM
I think it would be hard to do Feye's trim to get chin length hair. I personally wouldn't trim my hair that short because I can't see the back of my own head.

Having a friend do the cut with the CreaClip might help, but you'll have to make sure you won't get mad at them if they mess it up. Your friend isn't a professional after all. Again, I'm not sure I'd recommend that route either.

If you or a friend try it, I'd suggest cutting a little longer than you want and see how it comes out. That way you could go to a stylist if it doesn't look the way you want and just ask them to even it out, cutting the smallest possible amount.

You might just want to collect several pictures of the cut you want and go to the salon. Be very clear that you want no layers.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

bunzfan
July 6th, 2012, 09:12 AM
I do mine myself with 3 ponytail bands and i made a tutorial for it and its for a blunt straight across cut if it helps.

DarkCurls
July 6th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Hm... I don't know, I think pulling it back into a ponytail could work. You just wouldn't pull the scrunchie down. :p

But, yeah, for shorter lengths I would go to a stylist...

jojo
July 6th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I think at your length a hairdresser is required, Faye's method is great for us with longer hair but I'd imagine it being quite a task for shorter hair and I'd think it highly possible you'd get an uneven result.

Unofficial_Rose
July 6th, 2012, 10:32 AM
I think at your length a hairdresser is required, Faye's method is great for us with longer hair but I'd imagine it being quite a task for shorter hair and I'd think it highly possible you'd get an uneven result.

Agreed - from personal experience it is very difficult to cut it yourself and get it even at chin-length. I found that I kept trimming off extra bits because I wasn't sure it was accurate. Sometimes a professional cut really is better.

Is there any chance you can get to a reputable salon? They have better trained people sometimes.

Kaelee
July 6th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I used to do it with a lot of twisting and bending in front of a mirror...can't really tell you how I did it but it IS possible. (I decided to go to a stylist after a while, it was just easier.)

BrightEyes
July 6th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I wouldn't even attempt it and I have short hair (although I do have layers). It would just be so hard to get even. I would be worried that you would have to keep trimming to even it up, and then you would end up with shorter hair than you want. You may even end up at the salon to get it fixed. Hair that short is just so hard to cut by one's self.

jacqueline101
July 6th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I'd say a hair dresser would be required.