PDA

View Full Version : Should I cut my hair ?

Tristelle
July 6th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Yes, sorry, it's that kind of thread. :)
Just thought I could ask you for advice there !

So, here's my hair :

http://www.hostingpics.net/thumbs/33/62/41/mini_336241P1090066.jpg http://www.hostingpics.net/thumbs/36/52/72/mini_365272P1090062.jpg
(Am I at classic length or no, btw ? Hard to evaluate :shrug:)

So, on the pictures you can see that the ends are thinning, and I sometimes get self-conscious about it when I let it down in public.

I think it's normal for long hair, but I'd take your advice gladly : is it bad to the point that I should cut some to regain a good hemline ?

(There's a difference between rat-tails and fairytales, and I fear my hair's going for the former...)

irishlady
July 6th, 2012, 05:34 AM
You have gorgeous hair!! I wouldn't cut it if it were mine.

Amber_Maiden
July 6th, 2012, 05:39 AM
I wouldn't cut it either. Maybe just a trim?

Vampyria
July 6th, 2012, 05:52 AM
If the thinning really bothers you should cut, maybe just do a little trim or start micro trimming to thicken you hemline. I think it's not bad at all, it looks really nice and your hair is gorgeous.

torrilin
July 6th, 2012, 06:02 AM
The ends are clearly past your fingertips, so you're past classic AND past fingertip. So you're headed for knee, if you want to go there.

The hemline is a relatively smooth U shape. If it upsets you a lot, I can see trimming to neaten things up a tad. This might not involve losing any real length, just a slight sharpening of the edges of the U. But it doesn't look to me like you're developing the sort of pointed hem that goes with terminal yet. Nor would I describe your ends as having heavy fairytale ends. It's a lot more blunt than I see on EdG or trolleypup.

Mesmerise
July 6th, 2012, 06:17 AM
You certainly look classic to me! Classic is basically where the butt meets the thigh, and it looks to me like you're there if not past it ;).

Honestly to me your ends look great, especially for the length of your hair. When your hair is more spread out your ends look thinner, but that is quite normal! Gosh you have thicker ends than me and twice as much hair ;). If you think it looks a bit straggly then trim an inch or so off, but I don't think it really needs it.

embee
July 6th, 2012, 06:20 AM
It's a lot longer and a lot more blunt than my hair too. Alas, mine's at term and is thinning. (Thank you, thyroid and age.... :( )

I think your hair looks great, I'd be thrilled to have it. If you don't like how it looks down in public, then don't let it down in public.... ;)

Tristelle
July 6th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind answers !

Wow, I didn't think I was at classic yet. I think I'll just trim a little soon then (maybe today, as I do it myself ^^)
Embee, you're right, though sometimes I just like the feeling of my hair brushing my arms ;)

LuxAurea
July 6th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Don't cut, your hair is beautiful... the ends too!!! :)

firegypsy
July 6th, 2012, 06:34 AM
You certainly look classic to me! Classic is basically where the butt meets the thigh, and it looks to me like you're there if not past it ;).

Honestly to me your ends look great, especially for the length of your hair. When your hair is more spread out your ends look thinner, but that is quite normal! Gosh you have thicker ends than me and twice as much hair ;). If you think it looks a bit straggly then trim an inch or so off, but I don't think it really needs it.

this....all the way.

jojo
July 6th, 2012, 06:41 AM
You look way past classic to me, I'd trim a tiny bit from the ends if there bugging you. Your hair is gorgeous btw, your making me re-think my end goal, I just love that length!

Ebrox
July 6th, 2012, 06:44 AM
you have lovely fairytale ends! I wouldn't cut them :)

1nuitblanche
July 6th, 2012, 06:47 AM
For hair so long, your ends look great! Since you don't feel confident about it, maybe you could give it a little trim? That will thicken up the hemline a bit and you won't lose much length. My hair always feels so much better after I do that.

SpinDance
July 6th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Your hair is lovely. If the thinner ends bother you, perhaps some microtrimming would do the trick for you. A tiny bit off regularly you can still make progress while improving the ends.

torrilin
July 6th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Embee, you're right, though sometimes I just like the feeling of my hair brushing my arms ;)

So clearly the real solution is grow longer yet, so you can have twin braids brush your arms :D

Tristelle
July 6th, 2012, 07:42 AM
So clearly the real solution is grow longer yet, so you can have twin braids brush your arms :D

Haha yes, Torrilin ! Though my braids are thin things (one of the reasons I'm growing my bangs :D)

Thank you everyone who answered, It's been decided, trimming it will be !

jacqueline101
July 6th, 2012, 08:01 AM
I'd just trim it its too pretty to cut.

lapushka
July 6th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Looks past classic, and no there's no need to cut your hair. It is fairytaling maybe a little, but not much at all.

nobeltonya
July 6th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Just trim maybe 0.5" at a time, maybe once a month, until it evens out. That's what I've been doing, and while it's taking FOREVER to reach classic, it's thickened up and evened out my hemline significantly. Much happier with it. :disco:

Silken
July 6th, 2012, 09:27 AM
I would trim it blunt, an inch, perhaps an inch and a half, tops.

MintChocChip
July 6th, 2012, 09:28 AM
You have beautiful hair and ends! I wouldn't cut it if I were you, it's gorgeous.

spidermom
July 6th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Oh how pretty!
There's nothing wrong with it at all. You might like the ends better after a small trim - no more than 2 inches.

Deborah
July 6th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I think about a two inch trim would even things up nicely for you.

Alembic
July 6th, 2012, 10:18 AM
I agree, your hair already looks gorgeous to me. If you really feel the desire to trim, just do a little dusting - I did it recently myself and you'd be surprised by how the tiniest microtrim can really help your hair 'sit' right when you wear it down.

GoblinTart
July 6th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! You have the perfect fairy tale ends. If you feel its scraggly, trim a 1/2 inch, to maybe an inch. That would be enough to thicken it quite a bit.

*drools over your hair*