PDA

View Full Version : Hairtyping help please

lmfbs
July 5th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I clarified without conditioning or touching after washing, and air dried. There was some minimal touching to move my hair when I was sitting, but nothing major.

What hairtype would you say I am? I'm thinking 2a? But there are defininte spirals in there, the curls just don't really start until after shoulders.

http://hoult.org/hair.jpg

Quixii
July 5th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I think it's gotta be at least 2b with the way your ends kinda spiral. Maybe 2b/2c?

lmfbs
July 5th, 2012, 06:21 PM
It's so strange how the top is much straighter. I wonder if the weight pulls the roots straighter? I have lots of natural volume (but frizz from no conditioner :()

jojo
July 5th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I'd say 2b too but I rekon if you co washed you'd easily get to a 2 c, your hair is lovely btw

lmfbs
July 5th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I'd say 2b too but I rekon if you co washed you'd easily get to a 2 c, your hair is lovely btw

Thanks! I can get it to do full spirals consistently when co-washing. I'm planning on henna-ing very soon though, so I bet that'll losen the waves.

lmfbs
July 5th, 2012, 10:39 PM
I'd also be interested in what you think my hemline is - is it a heavy U or a V?

I'm thinking of changing my hemline but I don't know if I want it blunt, V or U - opinions welcome!

IvanaGil
July 5th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Wow, you are my hair twin! My hair looks exactly like yours. And it does straighten at the roots for some reason. My hair is mid-butt length though, so it's pretty heavy. I'm 2c so you probably are too! :D

lmfbs
July 5th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Wow, you are my hair twin! My hair looks exactly like yours. And it does straighten at the roots for some reason. My hair is mid-butt length though, so it's pretty heavy. I'm 2c so you probably are too! :D

It does look pretty similar! Amazing! Do you CO/curlygirl? What's your hemline like? Super keen to see a bigger pic if you have one!

EDIT: Also - what's your ponytail circumference? I see you're a ii/iii? I'm 3.75 inches but have a whole bunch of babyhairs so will plump up to 4 when they grow

IvanaGil
July 5th, 2012, 10:56 PM
It does look pretty similar! Amazing! Do you CO/curlygirl? What's your hemline like? Super keen to see a bigger pic if you have one!

EDIT: Also - what's your ponytail circumference? I see you're a ii/iii? I'm 3.75 inches but have a whole bunch of babyhairs so will plump up to 4 when they grow

Nope. I tried CO but my hair was a grease pit. My hemline is pretty thick with no formal shape. My fringe is still growing out, so it's kinda wispy on the sides. My circumference is 4 inches exactly.
Below is the link to my post with the pic, but keep in mind that my hair tends to get straighter after wrapping it in a bun or braiding and in the pic I'm on wash day 2, so it's not in it's freshly washed state. Once air-dried, my hair is a spitting image of yours! :hifive:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=96248

jojo
July 6th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Thanks! I can get it to do full spirals consistently when co-washing. I'm planning on henna-ing very soon though, so I bet that'll losen the waves.

It never did for me so you never know! Though my length is starting to lose some I've gone from 2 b to a 2 a/b though I class it on here as a as it depends on the weather and what I've used on my hair.

lapushka
July 6th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I'm thinking 2b too.

lmfbs
July 7th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Thanks guys! I think I'll do another test in a month or so!

ariesfairies
July 7th, 2012, 01:23 AM
It's so strange how the top is much straighter. I wonder if the weight pulls the roots straighter? I have lots of natural volume (but frizz from no conditioner :()

I have this too *pokes picture below* and I'm very sure it's attributed to the weight, and possibly frequent pony tail/braid wearing. I'm not sure about anyone elses experiences on that, but definitely know hair weight is a big cause.

GlennaGirl
July 7th, 2012, 01:31 AM
I'm seeing some solid spiral action going on there, unless my eyes deceive me. I wouldn't be concerned that the top is straighter than the bottom. I don't think that's all that uncommon. I'm pegging you at 2c or at the very least, 2b/2c.