PDA

View Full Version : My leave-in conditioner idea

TheLuckyLurker
July 5th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I've been really looking in to making my own leave-in conditioner. I have an 8 ounce spray bottle; my plan was to use a tablespoon of conditioner, a tablespoon of olive oil, and fill the rest with water.

Do you think that'll work? Is it a good starting point at least?

kaydana
July 5th, 2012, 06:11 PM
I suspect that won't mix very well. At a consistency where that type of mixture wouldn't separate, you wouldn't be able to use it in a spray bottle without clogging it. I'd recommend just using the conditioner and water.

Diamond.Eyes
July 5th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I agree that the conditioner would clog the nozzle, and the concoction may just coat the hair. I'm not sure if this would work, but I guess you could try. Let us know how it goes. :flower:

Natalia
July 5th, 2012, 10:02 PM
I've been really looking in to making my own leave-in conditioner. I have an 8 ounce spray bottle; my plan was to use a tablespoon of conditioner, a tablespoon of olive oil, and fill the rest with water.

Do you think that'll work? Is it a good starting point at least?

what they heck give it a try. i havent used oil in a mister before that i can recall... condish should be fine since its pre-emulsified. some tips to make it last longer use distilled water, refrigerate and use within a week or add a preservative. i react to many preservatives so about that you will have to ask someone else. happy experimenting!

SeaLamb
July 5th, 2012, 10:52 PM
you could also just use a floral water, or maybe a floral water with the condish and maybe an EO? i don't know much about making a leave-in, but this sounds like it would work well :D.

also, i have a box with that same cat picture as your avatar on it lol; i've never seen that picture anywhere else before.

TheLuckyLurker
July 7th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Well, I did it. It sprayed just fine, although I had to shake up the bottle due to separation; I expected that. My hair's still wet, so the real test will be tomorrow when I do my usual second day oiling.

TheLuckyLurker
July 8th, 2012, 05:01 PM
SUCCESS!!! So far it's done exactly what I wanted!

MrsGuther
July 8th, 2012, 05:03 PM
SUCCESS!!! So far it's done exactly what I wanted!

Awesome. I may have to try that.:)

jojo
July 8th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I used to do this too it works very well as long as you don't go overboard with your spraying and then you get greasy hair