PDA

View Full Version : Hairstyles for clubbing

FireFromWithin
July 5th, 2012, 11:31 AM
I've always struggled to find hairstyles that I can wear out clubbing. I thought that I would ask you guys if you have any good/ favourite hairstyles for going to clubs.

I need something ideally that is up, as my hair tangles easily and I don't like having to wash all the spilt drinks out of it in the morning.

It also needs to be easy to take out while I'm drunk (not fall down drunk necessarily just a bit wobbly) but not fall out during the night because I won't be able to redo it.

I'd rather not use any of my lovely hair toys as I don't want to lose them and people in clubs will be likely to simply pull it from my hair (or at least they do this with hats so I wouldn't trust them not to with hair sticks).

I really want a style that looks dressy (not formal but clubbing dressy) or maybe a little unusual.

Any ideas/ advise would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

gracenotes
July 5th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I always have trouble with this too. I've yet to find a style that's both club-friendly and 100% hair-friendly. Most of the time I end up resorting to a high ponytail and comb some oil or 'coney serum through it to prevent some of the tangles. It's not particularly inspired or unusual, but it's off my face and out of the way of most potential hazards. I don't do ponytails often, so I figure it can't hurt once in a while. Every updo I've ever tried to go dancing in has either fallen down before the night is over, or it just doesn't look right for a club environment.

l'inconnue
July 5th, 2012, 08:02 PM
I like to do a French braid when I go out, but I'll usually leave my bangs down to keep the look more "modern." Also, it's fun to whip my bangs around while dancing! :)

I sometimes use cheapy rhinestone clips to add a little sparkle. Also, it might be fun to add one of those strips of synthetic, bright clip-in extensions into the braid.

Great thread topic!

Knotted
July 5th, 2012, 08:09 PM
A side braid (English or fishtail) may work well. Maybe keep it a little messy instead of super sleek.

Tisiloves
July 5th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Heidi plaits? With a scarf (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2QYT2QsAMc&feature=plcp) perhaps? Or interlaced braids? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zA37CREatY)

With the right accessories pretty much anything would work, plus pigtail based styles can just be unpinned and slept in :)

tinywife
July 5th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Depending on your outfit, pigtails?

kowlrea
July 5th, 2012, 11:28 PM
high ponytail with a braid

https://www.google.com/search?q=high+ponytail+braid&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=FXf2T-6KG8a-0QHwqozKBg&biw=1173&bih=558&sei=F3f2T9GrKeWw0AGO-5jABg

This is the sexiest thing ever ! My hair goal is for my braid to be hitting BSL sigh

Kyla
July 5th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Maybe do a hair friendly curling method (like sock bun curls or rag curls) and pin it up with amish pins? I find it fairly sturdy and easy to take out, and it can be adjusted to look neat, messy, boring or interesting.