PDA

View Full Version : HELP ME care for my curls!

Emme76
July 5th, 2012, 12:27 AM
I feel like I have tried everything (I know I havenīt) and I just canīt care for my curls. It it really starting to get to me and it doesnīt matter how much I read or try - nothing is working. :(

My hair is still short. Between chin and shoulder. But my curls are really starting to come back from taking much better care of my hair. My routine: co - wash (with deep conditioner treatment once in a while), AVC rince about once/week, mouistureizing treatment (honey, oliveoil mix) about every 1-2 weeks, protein treatment about every 3rd week. And then I use jojoba oil and coconutoil. Sometimes I do heavy oiling but not very often at all. I only use a wide tooth comb, sometimes my bb brush (but only before going to bed). I tried not combing at all after I shower but that makes it look even worse.I sleep on a silk pillowcase. I do use cassia but not very often at all. I know that can realx curly hair a bit.

My hair is to short to "plopp", I tried aloe vera but my hair doesnīt like it at all, I tried alcohol free products both in gel and foam to make my curls stay together. They do for a while but then it just looks messy, dry and ugly. I tried using a little, and alot. I tried in wet hair and in dry. When I just leave it, and just scrunch my curls a but it looks okej for a while. Then the curls donīt hold very well - and since my hair is very fine and thin I get fly away hairs all over.

Maybe my hair is just to short to make my curls look nice.

I read about the curl keeper. The product. Maybe that is something to try?

It just feels like everything I try ends up with the same result: Either dry frizzy curls that feels like crust - or to heavy oily curls that look greasy. I just want them to get "tighter" and more together without all the fly aways or feeling crusty or greasy. When I use gel or foam, I always scrunch very carefully when it is dry to try to easen the crusty look - but then they just end up a mess. And I just donīt want to put a ton of product in my hair to make it look nice. But I am open to use a bit of something, to make them stay together and look tighter. As they do when my hair is wet :).

It is just getting to me. So frustrating.
Any ideas or suggestions??? I will be very very grateful! :)
Maybe someone else with a similar situation?

Thank you so much for reading this....!!!!!Hugs to you all!

coneyisland
July 5th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Because you rate your hair as fine and thin, I suggest trying the Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Lite. It promotes more defined curling of hair that wants to curl.

I suggest using it in your still-wet detangled hair. Try just a wee little bit -- first spread it over your hands, then run your hands and fingers through your wet hair. It may take a few trials to figure out just the right amount to use for results satisfactory to you.

Then leave your hair undisturbed (no further handling) to air dry. Do not even comb it when it is dry.

starry
July 5th, 2012, 02:19 AM
YES! I can help.. what works for me is wo ( as you can see below) dry and scrunch. they look best when theres no product at all- no oily residue from deep treatment and no dryness and not messing with them too much.

You have to balance the "naturalness" of your hair. Having natural hair is when my curls look best.

A few girls have liked honey on their type 2 hair. Honey looks great!! do a rinse- it keeps moisture in. I've tried honey mustard rinses (9% honey) mustard is for growth.. It makes my hair feel funny (slippy) but it looks fantastic.

CurlyCurves
July 5th, 2012, 06:37 AM
I have 3b curls and don't use products. If you're interested, my regi is on my page x

CurlyCurves
July 5th, 2012, 06:38 AM
YES! I can help.. what works for me is wo ( as you can see below) dry and scrunch. they look best when theres no product at all- no oily residue from deep treatment and no dryness and not messing with them too much.

I second this. My hair likes to be naked. I get the best curls, naked :eyebrows:

Emme76
July 6th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Thank you for the advice!
I looked for Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Lite but canīt find it here in Sweden :(!!!!! And I am sure it will cost a bit to have it shipped here.

WO sounds interesting. I been reading about it before. I just have to read some more before I decide if it is something for me.

I will also look into the honey rinse :) Thank you again.