PDA

View Full Version : Post-Disney hair weirdness...

patienceneeded
July 4th, 2012, 08:14 PM
So, we just came back from several days at Disney, where I made sure to wear my hair braided and safe from all Disney ride hazards. ;) However, the water quality in LA was not great and my hair is not very happy right now. The ends are all dry and frazzled, plus I was shedding like CRAZY while in LA.

Should I clarify to remove the hard water minerals, or would that just make the problem worse? I know my ends need moisture right now, which I will make sure to give.

Disney was AWESOME! :D:D:D:D:D

Anje
July 4th, 2012, 08:19 PM
Glad you enjoyed Disney!

Clarifying or even chelating (if you have lots of hardness buildup and need to break out the big guns) might help. But I think I'd start small if I were in your position, unless you're due to clarify anyway. Give your hair a nice long soak in distilled water, wash it as usual, and maybe throw in a few diluted vinegar or lemon juice rinses. In most cases, that should be enough to get hard water residue out.

Kaelee
July 4th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I had a similar issue in Hawaii and my hair was all...waxy. Turns out, it was a combination of salt water and sunscreen! (I dislike having to wear sunscreen now. >.<) that may be the culprit. I would clarify and moisturize the heck out of it. I doubt you did much if any real damage.

prettykitty
July 4th, 2012, 08:26 PM
I know some would find it odd, but I just love that the first thing we think of when going on holiday is how to protect the hair :blossom: