PDA

View Full Version : So, Clip in Bangs? Pics?

AspenSong
July 3rd, 2012, 07:20 PM
I'm wondering, if any of you ladies have clip in bangs, how do you like them and what do you recommend?

I'm just getting bored with my always pulled back hair and my bare forehead. I do not want to mess with cutting bangs again, but I want the look. I was looking at the Jessica Simpson Hair Do kind, but am not sure. If any of you lovely ladies could toss me some advice or photos with yours on, I would love to see them/hear your thoughts!! :)

kme81
July 3rd, 2012, 07:53 PM
I have also looked into clip-in bangs but it has become a rather ridiculous search for my hair color...I have virgin blonde hair. I am fascinated by the idea, I have a rather short forehead and I am afraid to cut in real bangs.

I will be watching this thread!

boofles
July 4th, 2012, 02:14 AM
I've given them a go before, but I really couldn't get them to look right on me. The way they flow doesn't tend to look right and there is such an obvious start to them where the clips are - hard to explain, and unfortunately I have no pictures :(

maborosi
July 4th, 2012, 03:04 AM
I've always wanted one-length hair, but I just love bangs so much! I have considered that maybe clipping in bangs might be a nice compromise?

~maborosi~

Bagginslover
July 4th, 2012, 03:06 AM
I'll be watching this with interest too. I'm very tempted by some-I've found some very close to my hennaed colour, but I don't want to waste the cash if they won't look good.

Natalia
July 4th, 2012, 03:29 AM
i want some of these so badly...

Gabriel
July 4th, 2012, 05:48 AM
I have clip in bangs. I don't really wear them much but they do keep me from making the mistake of cutting bangs into my own hair. I had my hair stylist cut them and blend them for me and she did an awesome job. No pics though, sorry!

AspenSong
July 4th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I know how I look with bangs and while I like it...I just don't want to cut and go there again now that mine are collarbone length. I just feel I tend to look really angry with all my hair in a bun and glasses. lol.

prettykitty
July 8th, 2012, 10:57 PM
I was thinking about trimming mine, but they're just almost getting long enough to go into my bun.....which I like much better :)
I saw a few pics of these, and some tutorials, and while they look pretty great, I think I'd be really paranoid about them :/

hairstuck
July 9th, 2012, 06:36 AM
The only clip-in ones I've seen are very "long" and attach to the center of the crown. Looks weird to me.

Surely more brands sell them.

I, too, am hoping for reviews and pics.

Memza
July 9th, 2012, 07:43 AM
I got mine from http://perfectfacecosmeticsuk.com/ the owner is very good with matching colours from photos, mine is almost identical to my natural colour. She does a large variety of styles and thicknesses too, I would defiantly recommend trying them.

There is a small join noticeable between my hair and the fringe so I wear it covered with a headband. I can’t give you any pictures currently, sorry.

Bagginslover
July 9th, 2012, 08:11 AM
I've been looking at them on eBay, I think I'm going to get a set made from human hair, and henna them. Then I'll attach them to a headband to hide the join rather than clip them ;)

Helix
July 9th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I already posted a pic of my clip-in bangs in another thread yesterday, but I'll play:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/racheru/bangs-1.jpg

First I pulled my hair up into a high-bun then clipped in the bangs in the front. My experience was positive. They weren't uncomfortable, can be cut/styled and I got the look of bangs without the sacrifice. I don't wear my hair straight very often but it was fun to try something different.

The only con was that the faux bangs were slightly darker than my real hair color, (The lady at the BSS insisted that I was a 1B. I tried to tell her that even though my hair is close to black, it has dark brown undertones. Shouldn't have listened to her). As long as you pick the right color you should be able to pull it off.

RileyJane
July 9th, 2012, 10:29 AM
ive never really heard of clip in bangs, but i would say deff give them a try! my friend recommends the ones by jessica simpson and ken paves.

Wildcat Diva
July 9th, 2012, 10:35 AM
I really like the idea, but the potential for "epic fail" is pretty large as far as matching color.

GlennaGirl
July 9th, 2012, 10:55 AM
I already posted a pic of my clip-in bangs in another thread yesterday, but I'll play:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/racheru/bangs-1.jpg

First I pulled my hair up into a high-bun then clipped in the bangs in the front. My experience was positive. They weren't uncomfortable, can be cut/styled and I got the look of bangs without the sacrifice. I don't wear my hair straight very often but it was fun to try something different.

The only con was that the faux bangs were slightly darker than my real hair color, (The lady at the BSS insisted that I was a 1B. I tried to tell her that even though my hair is close to black, it has dark brown undertones. Shouldn't have listened to her). As long as you pick the right color you should be able to pull it off.

Wow, those look amazing.