PDA

View Full Version : I am SO desperate to flat-iron my hair :(

CurlyCurves
July 3rd, 2012, 12:12 PM
I am sporting an amazing WnG right now. My curls have ringletted perfectly, feel soft and moisturised, and are bouncy, heavy and 'hanging' really well. I love it.

But I am yearning to flat iron. I want to see my length properly. I want to feel my hair on my back. I want to see it straight again.

It's been about 2 weeks since I last flat ironed (16th June). I initially wasn't planning to do so again until the 11th August, then I changed it to the 11th July when I do a length check.

But I am so itching to do it now. My hair is in a perfect state to flat iron. I keep telling myself it'll be okay, but I am also quite scared.

Help? :/

bunzfan
July 3rd, 2012, 12:20 PM
I am sporting an amazing WnG right now. My curls have ringletted perfectly, feel soft and moisturised, and are bouncy, heavy and 'hanging' really well. I love it.

But I am yearning to flat iron. I want to see my length properly. I want to feel my hair on my back. I want to see it straight again.

It's been about 2 weeks since I last flat ironed (16th June). I initially wasn't planning to do so again until the 11th August, then I changed it to the 11th July when I do a length check.

But I am so itching to do it now. My hair is in a perfect state to flat iron. I keep telling myself it'll be okay, but I am also quite scared.

Help? :/

I'm telling you young lady don't do it your doing so well just keep with it. I know its hard i used to iron daily and i also know what it feels like when you want to see the length what saved me was keeping it up.

Bunnysaur
July 3rd, 2012, 12:23 PM
You only have to hold out for 8 days!

HintOfMint
July 3rd, 2012, 12:24 PM
But if your hair is ringletting perfectly, why would you want to ruin that? :)

It's best to have some patience because that keeps us from doing things that prevent us from having nicer hair in the future. You should absolutely enjoy your hair and do things that allow you to enjoy your hair. But waiting a bit longer and doing damaging things sparingly means that you have more good hair days to look forward to.

This is the same peptalk I give myself when my flat iron sends its siren song.

jeanniet
July 3rd, 2012, 12:27 PM
I don't know what WnG means, so please enlighten me so I don't have to move my lazy fingers and google it! :D

I know how frustrating it is to grow out curly hair and have to wait and wait and wait to see your length (at least, I sort of do, but you have my frustration times ten). But if you want to see that length be healthy, you have to keep your hands off the flat iron. If it were me, I'd go cold turkey and just swear off it, because it'd be too tempting, but if you can't do that I would at least stick to what you originally planned.

BrightEyes
July 3rd, 2012, 12:35 PM
I don't have any good advice, not having curly hair myself (although I will say the overall condition of my hair has improved immensely since I've stopped flat ironing).

I just wanted to say that you have beautiful curls. So shiny and springy, the kind you want to pull a lock just to watch it spring back (which I'm sure is so annoying to hear lol). It's so lovely, I hope you can hang in there. It will look just stunning when it is longer:)

jeanniet
July 3rd, 2012, 12:49 PM
I just wanted to add that I love straight hair (although I would never flat iron myself--too lazy, for one thing). I love straight, fine, flat hair. But curls like yours...they're something special. And healthy curls like yours, that's just amazing. Keep them that way!

Carolyn
July 3rd, 2012, 01:45 PM
If you want to flat iron just do it. Treat your hair well afterwards with some nice moisturizing deep conditioner or an SMT. Life is too short not to have fun with your hair.

HappyHair87
July 3rd, 2012, 01:47 PM
I feel ya! I have already flat ironed my hair twice this year...i'm waiting until this Fall/Winter to do it again. Even though i want to see my length now...im waiting bc i know its best for my hair to do so.:)

SerinaDaith
July 3rd, 2012, 01:59 PM
Now that my hair is on the whurly/curly full bouncy body track I wish I had known how to let it do this on it's own, I spent years and money and damage on my hair trying to "force" it to do what it does all by it's self. Do I miss the occasional flat ironing? Yes, do I want long healthy hair more? YES. I accidentally maliciously lost my flat iron shortly after joining this site so that it couldn't tease me any more. I carefully pull my hair straight along the length of my tape when I measure. Do I get the spot on perfect measurement the first time? NO but I take three each month on the same day and average the results. Just sayin, step away from the heat girl your lovely locks will thank you for it!

lapushka
July 3rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Try and do length checks less frequently (hair doesn't grow that fast anyhow), like every three to four months or so, and give into temptation those times only. When's the last time you heat styled? If the answer is several weeks ago, not even x-number of months, then step away from the iron.

Besides, isn't there a rule that says you don't mess with perfect curls. ;)

spidermom
July 3rd, 2012, 02:09 PM
Wow - your hair looks really pretty with those curls.

ratgirldjh
July 3rd, 2012, 02:10 PM
My best friend has super curly hip length hair that she flat irons sometimes because she also wants to see the length. It looks good and is surprisingly healthy still - but really I totally prefer her with curls.

But then my hair is just barely wavy and so I'm probably just jealous :p

My dbf has very very very curly hair. I mean he has a fro if he brushes it! When he grows it longer he has hair with curls that look remarkably like yours!!! But sadly he either cuts his hair super short or if it is a little longer he brushes it down flat!

DarkSky
July 3rd, 2012, 02:11 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with flat ironing every now and then if your hair can handle it (some hair types can't). I heat style as well occasionally to get it out of my system. Though you'll find that as time goes by and you embrace your natural texture, the longer time will go between flat ironing. It has been a weaning process for me. Besides... you love your ringlets and they are in great condition now and it's only been 2 weeks since you quit heat styling so to me it means that your hair seemed to have survived the abuse.

faellen
July 3rd, 2012, 03:12 PM
Oh my gooood the ringlets in your sig are making me hyperventilate. LOL. Wish my hair was curly! :(

Must admit I agree with Carolyn...

lmfbs
July 3rd, 2012, 03:18 PM
My approach is to do it once a season for length checking. The last time I used my straightner was early December. I keep meaning to do it again just to see how the layers are sitting if it's straight.

I've been having that desire to straighten for the last 2-3 weeks, but every day I just say I'll do it tomorrow. You can wait until tomorrow, right? Then each day it gets easier to wait!

Good luck. And if/when you do straighten it, take lots of pics!

KittyPTY
July 3rd, 2012, 03:59 PM
I flat ironed my hair a year ago, but it was the first and last time in my life, i bought a flat iron (extremely cheap one) and tried it without really knowing how to use it.. i was desperate to see the real lenght of my hair... lol well i had to cut some of it cuz i burnt my ends, but everyone was asking if i placed extensions lol!

I think isn't such a bad idea to flat iron it =( just do it sparingly and with looooot of care and heat protectant ( that i didn't knew those existed lol).

You have such a beautiful hair i wish my curls were as shinier as yours. What products and regimen do you follow/use. =(

jojo
July 3rd, 2012, 09:16 PM
If you want to flat iron just do it. Treat your hair well afterwards with some nice moisturizing deep conditioner or an SMT. Life is too short not to have fun with your hair.

Yep my thoughts too! As long as you use a heat protector and keep the straighteners moving , going down the hair in one swoop, I do see a problem. I straighten from time to time probably about 6 times a year and just follow up with a dc. I am actually addicted to dc and do at least 2 every week so my hair is still pretty healthy.

Life's too short as Carolyn said, enjoy it and have fun!

CurlyCap
July 3rd, 2012, 09:23 PM
I actually don't like flat ironing my hair. I miss my volume when it's gone. BUT I do understand the need to see how long your hair is. Right now all I know is that I'm between APL and BSL. That's a pretty big area!

The need for growth actually has made me reach for the flat iron more than I ever did before my pixie cut. And since my hair is short, flat ironing actually goes pretty fast and so it's sooooooo tempting.

But I agree with the whole damage over time idea. If I length check once every 2 months, I'll have flat ironed my hair dozens of times before I get to my goal length.

So now I let myself flat iron once a year. And I only wear it for a day because the lack of moisture makes my hair break.

Hold out! You can do it!

maborosi
July 3rd, 2012, 09:38 PM
If you can hold out, that would be good. You have some of the shiniest, healthiest curls I have ever seen. They are gorgeous!

~maborosi~

Ambystoma
July 3rd, 2012, 10:25 PM
I'm here valiantly resisting the flatiron siren call here with you! Your curls look beautiful but of course sometimes you feel like a change. I'm going to try out head wrapping as an alternative straightening since I'm going out tonight and I'd looove to iron it!

spirals
July 3rd, 2012, 10:33 PM
STEP AWAY FROM THE IRON...'cause you have my dream curls--both texture and color.

spirals
July 3rd, 2012, 10:38 PM
My best friend has super curly hip length hair that she flat irons sometimes because she also wants to see the length. It looks good and is surprisingly healthy still - but really I totally prefer her with curls.

My dbf has very very very curly hair. I mean he has a fro if he brushes it! When he grows it longer he has hair with curls that look remarkably like yours!!! But sadly he either cuts his hair super short or if it is a little longer he brushes it down flat!
I hate when boys do that. Also, your sig makes me tear up.

CurlyCap
July 3rd, 2012, 10:58 PM
Hmmmm. Could you do a roller set with giant (3"+) rollers?

Then you'd only be losing 1-2" in shrinking and better be able to see your length, but without the effects of heat damage.

CurlyCurves
July 4th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I'm telling you young lady don't do it your doing so well just keep with it. I know its hard i used to iron daily and i also know what it feels like when you want to see the length what saved me was keeping it up.

I decided not to do. Just gotta keep holding out!

You only have to hold out for 8 days!

I know, right? 6 days now!

But if your hair is ringletting perfectly, why would you want to ruin that? :-)

It's best to have some patience because that keeps us from doing things that prevent us from having nicer hair in the future. You should absolutely enjoy your hair and do things that allow you to enjoy your hair. But waiting a bit longer and doing damaging things sparingly means that you have more good hair days to look forward to.

I know! I'm so silly! It's just, I know my hair flat irons so well when my ringlets are good. It's cos they sort of hold in the moisture, IYKWIM?

But yeah, you're right. Every day that I hold off from heat is another day my hair is protected.

I don't know what WnG means, so please enlighten me so I don't have to move my lazy fingers and google it! :D

I know how frustrating it is to grow out curly hair and have to wait and wait and wait to see your length (at least, I sort of do, but you have my frustration times ten). But if you want to see that length be healthy, you have to keep your hands off the flat iron. If it were me, I'd go cold turkey and just swear off it, because it'd be too tempting, but if you can't do that I would at least stick to what you originally planned.

WnG = wash and go (basically washing and air drying) :)

And, yeah, it is sometimes. I mean, I'm APL, but I look shoulder length curly :( I love my hair, but that aspect is annoying sometimes.

Cold turkey? Eek!

I don't have any good advice, not having curly hair myself (although I will say the overall condition of my hair has improved immensely since I've stopped flat ironing).

I just wanted to say that you have beautiful curls. So shiny and springy, the kind you want to pull a lock just to watch it spring back (which I'm sure is so annoying to hear lol). It's so lovely, I hope you can hang in there. It will look just stunning when it is longer:)

Thank you so much! And, noooooo, that's not annoying! I love people touching/playing with my hair :) (as long as they're gentle).

I just wanted to add that I love straight hair (although I would never flat iron myself--too lazy, for one thing). I love straight, fine, flat hair. But curls like yours...they're something special. And healthy curls like yours, that's just amazing. Keep them that way!

You are so sweet! Thank you :)

I decided against it, hun. Just so scared. Hoping to hell it'll be okay when I do it next week.

I feel ya! I have already flat ironed my hair twice this year...i'm waiting until this Fall/Winter to do it again. Even though i want to see my length now...im waiting bc i know its best for my hair to do so.:)

Well done! You're doing amazing :)

Now that my hair is on the whurly/curly full bouncy body track I wish I had known how to let it do this on it's own, I spent years and money and damage on my hair trying to "force" it to do what it does all by it's self. Do I miss the occasional flat ironing? Yes, do I want long healthy hair more? YES. I accidentally maliciously lost my flat iron shortly after joining this site so that it couldn't tease me any more. I carefully pull my hair straight along the length of my tape when I measure. Do I get the spot on perfect measurement the first time? NO but I take three each month on the same day and average the results. Just sayin, step away from the heat girl your lovely locks will thank you for it!

Haha, I'd 'lose' my flat iron too but it's not mine, it's my Auntie's, and I live with her. So sometimes, I hear it whispering my name from downstairs. Damn thing :rollin:

I also stretch my hair to measure it, but it's not the same :(

CurlyCurves
July 4th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Try and do length checks less frequently (hair doesn't grow that fast anyhow), like every three to four months or so, and give into temptation those times only. When's the last time you heat styled? If the answer is several weeks ago, not even x-number of months, then step away from the iron.

Besides, isn't there a rule that says you don't mess with perfect curls. ;)

I can't! Eeek, every three or four months!

Just to clarify, I don't flat iron my hair to do length checks, I am just coinciding my length check with flat ironing next week, so it'll at least be just about a month between the last flat iron date.

I last heat styled 16th June.

And thank you ;)

Wow - your hair looks really pretty with those curls.

You are very sweet. Thank you :)

Haha, always the way!

And WOW, I would LOVE to see your friend's hair. I am always seeking out long curly hair, particularly HL, as this is my goal.

I don't think there is anything wrong with flat ironing every now and then if your hair can handle it (some hair types can't). I heat style as well occasionally to get it out of my system. Though you'll find that as time goes by and you embrace your natural texture, the longer time will go between flat ironing. It has been a weaning process for me. Besides... you love your ringlets and they are in great condition now and it's only been 2 weeks since you quit heat styling so to me it means that your hair seemed to have survived the abuse.

My hair can handle heat, in the sense that it doesn't break, get dry or seem damaged after heat styling. But I am TERRIFIED of losing my curl pattern. This happens to a lot of curly girls, and there is no way of telling when it'll happen. In fact, I have a curl in my front that appears looser, and I am scared to death that it's heat damaged.

I haven't quit heat styling, but I do it infrequently. I can go months without flat ironing, but sometimes I get the urge more frequently.

Oh my gooood the ringlets in your sig are making me hyperventilate. LOL. Wish my hair was curly! :(

Must admit I agree with Carolyn...

Thank you so, so, so much! You guys are lovely :)

My approach is to do it once a season for length checking. The last time I used my straightner was early December. I keep meaning to do it again just to see how the layers are sitting if it's straight.

I've been having that desire to straighten for the last 2-3 weeks, but every day I just say I'll do it tomorrow. You can wait until tomorrow, right? Then each day it gets easier to wait!

Good luck. And if/when you do straighten it, take lots of pics!

I will next week!

That is a good idea, in fact, I am doing that now ;)

I flat ironed my hair a year ago, but it was the first and last time in my life, i bought a flat iron (extremely cheap one) and tried it without really knowing how to use it.. i was desperate to see the real lenght of my hair... lol well i had to cut some of it cuz i burnt my ends, but everyone was asking if i placed extensions lol!

I think isn't such a bad idea to flat iron it =( just do it sparingly and with looooot of care and heat protectant ( that i didn't knew those existed lol).

You have such a beautiful hair i wish my curls were as shinier as yours. What products and regimen do you follow/use. =(

Thank you! I don't use any specific products, perse. My hair is naturally like this (providing I keep it healthy). My regimen, however, is on my page, and if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask away!

And yeah, I really try to limit how much I flat iron it. And I do use heat protectant .. it's just curly hair can easily lose it's curl pattern through heat damage, and that's what I am scared of. Not breakage, or anything like that, because I don't seem to get that from heat styling.

Yep my thoughts too! As long as you use a heat protector and keep the straighteners moving , going down the hair in one swoop, I do see a problem. I straighten from time to time probably about 6 times a year and just follow up with a dc. I am actually addicted to dc and do at least 2 every week so my hair is still pretty healthy.

Life's too short as Carolyn said, enjoy it and have fun!

I'm scared :(

I actually don't like flat ironing my hair. I miss my volume when it's gone. BUT I do understand the need to see how long your hair is. Right now all I know is that I'm between APL and BSL. That's a pretty big area!

The need for growth actually has made me reach for the flat iron more than I ever did before my pixie cut. And since my hair is short, flat ironing actually goes pretty fast and so it's sooooooo tempting.

But I agree with the whole damage over time idea. If I length check once every 2 months, I'll have flat ironed my hair dozens of times before I get to my goal length.

So now I let myself flat iron once a year. And I only wear it for a day because the lack of moisture makes my hair break.

Hold out! You can do it!

I can! I can!

AFM, I can only wear my straight hair for MAXIMUM 3 days, because it gets SUPER greasy :/ I actually have pics showing how greasy it gets. I think it's because I have very silky textured hair, and it goes like 1A hair when flat ironed. So the sebum just ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuns down.

If you can hold out, that would be good. You have some of the shiniest, healthiest curls I have ever seen. They are gorgeous!

~maborosi~

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it :)

CurlyCurves
July 4th, 2012, 06:42 PM
I'm here valiantly resisting the flatiron siren call here with you! Your curls look beautiful but of course sometimes you feel like a change. I'm going to try out head wrapping as an alternative straightening since I'm going out tonight and I'd looove to iron it!

Let's resist together :p

And thank you!

Also, RE alternative straightening, I do something called banding. In fact, I am doing it right now. I posted a thread about it here ---> http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=96627

I hope it worked for you (the wrapping) :)

STEP AWAY FROM THE IRON...'cause you have my dream curls--both texture and color.

Awww, thank you so much!

Hmmmm. Could you do a roller set with giant (3"+) rollers?

Then you'd only be losing 1-2" in shrinking and better be able to see your length, but without the effects of heat damage.

I might try that! I was thinking about rollers.

But it's still not quite the same :( and 1-2" is a lot when you're only APL.

CurlyCap
July 4th, 2012, 07:28 PM
But it's still not quite the same :( and 1-2" is a lot when you're only APL.

I'm only BSL (maybe...close...can't tell quite).

My biggest problem with rollers at APL is that it is reaaaaally difficult to put short hair in rollers by yourself. Time consuming and takes a lot of concentration. You barely get 1 wrap around the roller.

I can only suggest that you try foam rollers instead of magnetics at this length...unless you have help.

And if you want a hair toy, I bought a caruso to help with lengthening at APL. The rollerset process was made MUCH faster. It wasn't that expensive on Amazon. Here's the thread, in case it might help: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85483 The caveat is that 6 months later, I think I'm already outgrowing their largest rollers. Which I guess means I can go back to magnetics. Sigh.

Anyway, I know 1-2" is a lot....but it's so much easier to pull straight and do a length check or brush into almost straight (1cish).

aspartame gram
July 5th, 2012, 12:30 AM
I love, love, love your hair! I would trade you my blonde, straight-ish hair for yours. If I could pull off darker hair, omfg. I'm too pale and pink for darker hair to look nice on me. But those curls are gorgeous.

With that said, you can keep your hair healthy! Take all the precautions if/when you ever straighten, and don't do it too often. You seem to be doing a fantastic job, regardless! :)

MintChocChip
July 5th, 2012, 01:56 AM
But if your hair is ringletting perfectly, why would you want to ruin that? :)

Yes, this! Perfect ringlets is what I dream of. A little patience is necessary in life I think, although I know how tempting it can be!

ETA: I do agree with aspartame gram too though, if you absolutely have to straighten your hair make sure you use heat protectant on your hair before you bring out the straighteners and just try to limit yourself to rarely maybe.

Good luck!

carolinaberry
July 5th, 2012, 04:32 AM
I haven't read all of the other responses to this. But PLEASE stay strong. You seriously have some of the most gorgeous hair I have ever seen. You have perfect curls, serious shine, no visible damage, and awesome growth. I have fried my hair with chemicals multiple times trying to achieve what you were born with!

To help you stay strong-there are no-heat straightening methods recommended on here. Members with curly hair can be of much more help than I can with this.

afu
July 5th, 2012, 04:42 AM
I stopped straightening my hair at christmas 2011, and i haven't straightened since. I think the temptation gets less and less the longer you go without it. I still occasionally straighten my blunt fringe when it has a wild day (but at less than 4" long the damage isn't going to last too long) but I nolonger have the urge to go ahead and do the whole lot.

I think part of stopping heat use is to embrace your hair in it's natural state, so when I measure I only measure for 'visible' length, as in what people see on a daily basis. So to me my hair won't be at waist until it looks waist curly, since people don't see it stretched out I don't see the point in using stretched/straight length as a marker (of course thats just me, i have no objection to others doing so).

When I joined LHC I told myself I would allow myself to straighten twice during the year, so far i'm in month 7 and havn't straightened even once :) I guess it helps that any compliments I receive are always when my hair is curly, which always shocks me after straightening daily for years thinking my curls looked a mess!

CurlyCurves
July 5th, 2012, 05:38 AM
I'm only BSL (maybe...close...can't tell quite).

My biggest problem with rollers at APL is that it is reaaaaally difficult to put short hair in rollers by yourself. Time consuming and takes a lot of concentration. You barely get 1 wrap around the roller.

I can only suggest that you try foam rollers instead of magnetics at this length...unless you have help.

And if you want a hair toy, I bought a caruso to help with lengthening at APL. The rollerset process was made MUCH faster. It wasn't that expensive on Amazon. Here's the thread, in case it might help: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=85483 The caveat is that 6 months later, I think I'm already outgrowing their largest rollers. Which I guess means I can go back to magnetics. Sigh.

Anyway, I know 1-2" is a lot....but it's so much easier to pull straight and do a length check or brush into almost straight (1cish).

I had a look at that thread. It was entertaining. I like how you put it all together :cool:

Right now, what is working for me, is banding. I am going to band next week before I flat iron. Banding makes my hair A LOT straighter. Probably similar to the results I'd get from a rollerset.

I love, love, love your hair! I would trade you my blonde, straight-ish hair for yours. If I could pull off darker hair, omfg. I'm too pale and pink for darker hair to look nice on me. But those curls are gorgeous.

With that said, you can keep your hair healthy! Take all the precautions if/when you ever straighten, and don't do it too often. You seem to be doing a fantastic job, regardless! :)

Thank you so much!

And I do! I do take the precautions, but like I mentioned earlier, every time I flat iron, I run the risk of losing/loosening my curl pattern. That's what I'm scared of :(

And thanks again! I appreciate the compliments :)

Yes, this! Perfect ringlets is what I dream of. A little patience is necessary in life I think, although I know how tempting it can be!

ETA: I do agree with aspartame gram too though, if you absolutely have to straighten your hair make sure you use heat protectant on your hair before you bring out the straighteners and just try to limit yourself to rarely maybe.

Good luck!

I use heat protectant and I don't flat iron often :)

I haven't read all of the other responses to this. But PLEASE stay strong. You seriously have some of the most gorgeous hair I have ever seen. You have perfect curls, serious shine, no visible damage, and awesome growth. I have fried my hair with chemicals multiple times trying to achieve what you were born with!

To help you stay strong-there are no-heat straightening methods recommended on here. Members with curly hair can be of much more help than I can with this.

You just made my day! Thank you :cloud9::cloud9:

I stopped straightening my hair at christmas 2011, and i haven't straightened since. I think the temptation gets less and less the longer you go without it. I still occasionally straighten my blunt fringe when it has a wild day (but at less than 4" long the damage isn't going to last too long) but I nolonger have the urge to go ahead and do the whole lot.

I think part of stopping heat use is to embrace your hair in it's natural state, so when I measure I only measure for 'visible' length, as in what people see on a daily basis. So to me my hair won't be at waist until it looks waist curly, since people don't see it stretched out I don't see the point in using stretched/straight length as a marker (of course thats just me, i have no objection to others doing so).

When I joined LHC I told myself I would allow myself to straighten twice during the year, so far i'm in month 7 and havn't straightened even once :) I guess it helps that any compliments I receive are always when my hair is curly, which always shocks me after straightening daily for years thinking my curls looked a mess!

Congrats! I hope I can be that strong someday.

Bene
July 5th, 2012, 06:17 AM
I say go ahead and flat iron while you still can. They aren't the devil. Just be careful, don't overdo it, and make sure your hair is actually dry beforehand. There's a point where hair is too long to flat iron, especially if you have short arms. Also, it takes FOREVER. So enjoy it while you still. An unless you're willing to have a stylist do it. In that case, apologize profusely and tip well.

CurlyCurves
July 5th, 2012, 07:05 AM
I say go ahead and flat iron while you still can. They aren't the devil. Just be careful, don't overdo it, and make sure your hair is actually dry beforehand. There's a point where hair is too long to flat iron, especially if you have short arms. Also, it takes FOREVER. So enjoy it while you still. An unless you're willing to have a stylist do it. In that case, apologize profusely and tip well.

Haha, I can't wait to get to that point ;)

And holding it off for a while. I am actually scared of the flat iron now.