PDA

View Full Version : I can't WAIT to cut my hair!

kitcatsmeow
July 3rd, 2012, 07:04 AM
Let me explain....

I hate, no...despise my layers. Layers....ha! Honestly it is mostly breakage on the canopy of my hair from major chemical/heat damage. I did a major cut in September after I learned how to properly care for my hair. Probably a good 6 inches. Since then I have surpassed my longest length (since joining LHC) prior to cutting which was in August. I haven't trimmed since, just S&D which is hardly needed.

However....there is a good 5 inch difference STILL between the shortest and longest layer. And it irritates me to no end! Especially since if I push my hair behind my back my short layer makes it look as though my hair is only chin length not BSL. :mad:

I can't wait until that layer is about APL. Then I will cut at least two inches about every 6 months (if not sooner) until it is all one glorious length . Another issue this will address is cutting out the old bleach since I am growing out virgin hair.

I'm getting there. MY hair is healthy and growing fast I just needed to vent to some people I KNOW will understand. That is all...carry on. :cool:

Tisiloves
July 3rd, 2012, 07:12 AM
:grouphug:

I feel much the same way about growing/cutting out my Undercut of Doooooooooom.

squirrelli
July 3rd, 2012, 07:17 AM
I'm trying to grow out layers - mine are jaw length though and i have a long long way to go! I got my hair layered to try and improve the condition of my hair because it is damaged by bleach. I regret the layers though because i can't keep my hair up without having bits flap about my ears! I have about an inch or so of virgin hair and am so impatient with waiting for it to grow!

CurlyMopTop
July 3rd, 2012, 07:21 AM
I definitely feel your frustration. I just took the plunge last month and did cut it off! It's now just an inch or so shy of apl. It is however, all one length and has a very thick blunt hemline that's straight across. :D I miss the length, but I'm soooo happy to be ridden of the layers and v cut! No more trimming for me for awhile and only in small amounts! ;D

bunzfan
July 3rd, 2012, 07:26 AM
I hear you twice i have had big cuts to try and get rid of the layers and i still have them :justy:

Theobroma
July 3rd, 2012, 07:29 AM
I feel the same about getting rid of my fairytale ends. But I'll be doing that with microtrims as I can't bear to part with any significant amount of length in a single trim!

hafattack
July 3rd, 2012, 07:38 AM
let me jump on this band wagon! I have a big old chunk that is a solid two inches above my longest layer and looks atrocious! plus quite a bit of breakage that will take a while to catch up even with some great care. Grr..

Lostsoule77
July 3rd, 2012, 07:47 AM
Good for you having such a good plan to deal with this. I get the frustration. I have a deep U cut because of the layers I have that I didn't want, but the hairdresser thought I should have. That was in 2009! I've been able to slowly work them mostly out and you will too. Just ignore it and you'll get there. In the mean time why not try some halfups? That'll get the layers up and maybe won't bug you so much. :D

kitcatsmeow
July 3rd, 2012, 08:06 AM
Good for you having such a good plan to deal with this. I get the frustration. I have a deep U cut because of the layers I have that I didn't want, but the hairdresser thought I should have. That was in 2009! I've been able to slowly work them mostly out and you will too. Just ignore it and you'll get there. In the mean time why not try some halfups? That'll get the layers up and maybe won't bug you so much. :D

Now hopefully my plan WORKS! lol Thank god for half ups. That's pretty much the only way I'll wear my hair down unless I do some sort of bang braid. Luckily I'm in a stage now where I prefer my hair up. Specifically in a top knot. That I'm sure will change once I attain my all one length and long goal!

Glad to know there are others that share my frustrations....

:p

LaFlor
July 3rd, 2012, 08:16 AM
I've been there! I had a similar plan when I was growing out a perm I had when I stated LHC. It took a while and it really sucked to not be gaining length, but I felt better with every inch I cut out. Eventually it was gone and I was able to move on with my goals!

You will get there! :blossom:

shutterpillar
July 3rd, 2012, 08:31 AM
I am right there with you. I cannot wait until all of these layers have been cut from my hair. I imagine I wont be completely rid of them for another year+, though.

spidermom
July 3rd, 2012, 08:37 AM
I feel like I always have layers because of the shed and regrow cycle. Those shorter, newer hairs stick out all over the place!

Oksana
July 3rd, 2012, 09:03 AM
I feel exactly the same! I should reach waist in September and although it's great to reach that milestone I am more excited about finally trimming away at my layers. I literally hate them!