PDA

View Full Version : Hairtype me!

UpNorth
July 3rd, 2012, 02:26 AM
So I've finally taken some hairtyping pics, but because I had to go to work five minutes later it never got better than this :D Anyway, I did a clarifying wash and let it air dry, well I guess I squeezed out some of the excess water but thats ok right? Its hasn't been brushed or combed on the pictures. What do you guys think? I see more waves than I expected! :D

http://i50.tinypic.com/9ifccx.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2rdj4n6.jpg

Avital88
July 3rd, 2012, 02:27 AM
i would say 1b/1c?its too wavy to be 1a for sure :)

Lissandria
July 3rd, 2012, 02:35 AM
You may even be a solid 1c- because 1b waves aren't visible- they merely give body to the hair that doesn't happen when you're a 1a.
Lovely hair btw :)

pepperminttea
July 3rd, 2012, 02:43 AM
I'd go 1b/1c too. :)

Mesmerise
July 3rd, 2012, 03:00 AM
While I would go with 1b/1c, I would imagine that it behaves more like 1a/1b most of the time, as it really looks as though those waves would be easily brushed out.

I don't know if that really matters though ;). However, I sometimes think that the way our hair behaves is more important than what it actually classifies as! Some will have waves that will brush out to straightness, and others have similar waves that will brush into frizziness and won't brush out at all! Hair is weird :D.

Lissandria
July 3rd, 2012, 03:36 AM
^^ Hair is weird. :D FWIW your siggy pic definitely looks 1a/b to me :)

UpNorth
July 3rd, 2012, 03:51 AM
Yeah I know, I have never seen such waves in my hair before (except braid waves) because I always tend to brush my hair and then they are all gone! But I always use quite heavy conditioners too. I hope to be wavy though :P

torrilin
July 3rd, 2012, 06:08 AM
I'd go for 1c :). You've got defined waves and the basically straight appearance down pat!

Mesmerise
July 3rd, 2012, 07:39 AM
I'd go for 1c :). You've got defined waves and the basically straight appearance down pat!

Hrm this is why I'm never sure whether I should call myself 1c or 2a... my hair WAS definitely 2a (possibly 2a/2b when it was shorter), but with henna straightening it, it just doesn't really look all that wavy now.

BUT there's also no way in heck I'd be able to brush what waves I DO have out. It would never go that straight. And yet, it really doesn't look all that 2a wavy anymore either. So yeah... ho hum... hair is weird!

FrannyG
July 3rd, 2012, 07:42 AM
I wouldn't think that you are 1c at all, just going by how my own hair can look sometimes without combing.

I'm a definite 1a, but for you I'd go with 1a/1b.

ETA: Your hair is gorgeous! :blossom: