PDA

View Full Version : Hair toys - on the hunt.

Sarahlabyrinth
July 3rd, 2012, 02:24 AM
I am looking for the - not sure what you call it - clip? Barrette? as worn by the character Sarah in the 1987 movie Labyrinth, it looks like an oval shape with a stick passing through holding the hair between the back of the oval and the stick, is the best way I can describe it, either dark brown or black.

pepperminttea
July 3rd, 2012, 02:42 AM
Something like these (http://www.etsy.com/shop/South4th?section_id=7976092)? :)

Libbylou
July 3rd, 2012, 02:42 AM
Could be a hair slide. Used to have one long time ago. Have a flexi-8 now with the stick attached and is metal. You could do an etsy search for hair slides there are lots of sellers made from different materials and from plan to fancy. My bad, search for hair stick slide instead of hair slide.

SongofLove
July 3rd, 2012, 03:24 AM
I am looking for the - not sure what you call it - clip? Barrette? as worn by the character Sarah in the 1987 movie Labyrinth, it looks like an oval shape with a stick passing through holding the hair between the back of the oval and the stick, is the best way I can describe it, either dark brown or black.

Why...Could you possibly be doing a Sarah cosplay? :D That would be sweet!

I am a sad Labyrinth fan now. I searched feverishly trying to find a clear photo of the hairtoy, but it's really close to the color of her hair, so I cannot see it.

Sarahlabyrinth
July 3rd, 2012, 03:25 AM
Yes Yes Yes Pepperminttea, thats them. I didn't know they were called shawl pins though! Yay! THank you!

Sarahlabyrinth
July 3rd, 2012, 03:28 AM
No, but I have hand sewn the shirt and waistcoat for myself that she wears as her main costume and have made up the little brooch as well that she wears, so all I need now is the shawl pin!. I sometimes dress up just for fun when no one is looking, haha.