PDA

View Full Version : Newbie From The Uk!

Veaslea93
July 2nd, 2012, 11:28 AM
Helloo :) Been reading through the forums on here for a while and thought I may aswell register too! Loving all the advice and tips and tricks! Im currently trying to grow out my just above shoulder length hair to around bra strap length, after deciding to chop my beautiful long hair off into a Frankie Sanford style then regretting it after a few months! Recently starting to CO wash and have been using coconut oil for the last month or so.

Any advice or tips would be much appreciated!

redsonjared
July 2nd, 2012, 11:40 AM
Hi

Good to see another UK member :)

I've recently joined this site and have found everyone incredibly helpful and a wealth of collected wisdom. There are some UK threads that cover some of the product equivalents to US products which have been really useful.

My tip would be that despite all the temptation to try everything at once, try one or two things for a couple of weeks to see how they suit your hair. I'm also keeping a hair journal - spotting some good patterns already.

Enjoy!

gillybeanxo3921
July 2nd, 2012, 03:11 PM
I just joined here a few weeks ago, while I've been lurking on it without actually being a part for years..

I've had an on again off again struggle with growing my hair out hahah.

I'll just let you know, when I first joined my goal was waist, but now I'm thinking more towards hip! Waist doesn't even seem that long anymore once you see all the beautiful hair here!

Happy growing :D

Louise148
July 4th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Hi Veaslea,

Welcome :waving:

I'm in the UK too. I'm currently growing out a pixie and I'm at about ear length so I'm a bit shorter than you but would also love to see if I can get BSL hair. After having short hair for so many years I'm quite excited about having long hair. You've come to the right place for advice and support, there's loads of it on here.