PDA

View Full Version : Need help asap

CajunBaby
July 2nd, 2012, 08:53 AM
Hi ladies, (and gents)

I have a hair appointment in a few hours with my regular stylist who is very talented and I trust him 100%. I have been having him bleach my BSL hair to bright white platinum. He does a very good job of it and because I don't style with heat, my hair is actually very healthy looking even with the platinum. But it's no secret that hair, though it may seem ok bleached, would always be healthier with no bleach. I understand this :)

Well..... I am thinking about taking it a shade or two darker for two reasons. The first is of course, platinum requires a certain style including a certain way of wearing makeup in order to complete the look. This is a lot of work. My natural hair color is dark blonde, so a shade or two darker would allow me to go with more natural looking makeup sometimes without making me look albino.

The other reason, and this is my question: Do you think that by taking it from white to say, medium ash blonde, would require less bleaching thus causing less damage?
I have a couple of ideas. Am I allowed to post outside links to others' pictures for references?

Bunnysaur
July 2nd, 2012, 08:56 AM
It would require less bleaching, but bleach is bleach, either way. Does he bleach your whole length every time you go in for an appointment, or just your roots?

CajunBaby
July 2nd, 2012, 09:03 AM
Just the roots. I don't think my hair would be this healthy if he bleached the length every time lol. All bleach is bad but if he bleaches a little less, would that be a little less damage?

longhairedwolf
July 2nd, 2012, 09:07 AM
Perhaps less bleach might cause less damage to the roots. However, I assume that you're planning to colour the length today to make it a couple of shades darker. Are you planning to use semipermanent colour, or permanent? I'd be concerned that colouring the length darker could damage it further.

akilina
July 2nd, 2012, 09:08 AM
Well, What is your natural color exactly?
Are you trying to go darker to blend your growing out roots?
Or are your roots really naturally dark?
I guess an option if your virgin hair was darker, would be to use permanent dye and touch up your roots with the lighter color and it would actually work, But yes, bleaching is still bleaching. How much "less often" are we even talking here?
Permanent dye is still damaging in the sense that it lifts your hair color, then deposits hair color. So you still get some of that lifting action of the hair color which is more damaging than a dye that deposits only.

CajunBaby
July 2nd, 2012, 09:09 AM
I think he would use a semi-permanent. Would that damage the length more? My length is so platinum that it is absolutely porous so I was hoping some dye would give my hair something to hold onto. No?

Bunnysaur
July 2nd, 2012, 09:10 AM
It'd be less damage, but just like bleach is bleach, damage is damage, no matter how much you have. I actually just bleached the ends of my hair on Saturday, but before doing so I slathered it in coconut oil and let it sit for a bit, and it really helped my hair to not get damaged. Do you use any sort of pre-bleach treatment?
I'd be concerned that the coloring would be more damage on top of the already bleached hair, I wonder if you could find a non damaging deposit only dye for that?

CajunBaby
July 2nd, 2012, 09:14 AM
My natural hair color is dark blonde with gold highlights. But rest assured it is a stark contrast against the white hair, so it's a fair amount of lifting we are doing to it.

He would have to use a deposit only color, nothing with peroxide on the length. Kind of like a toner, except instead of white toner he would use a color. And I am hoping that instead of having to bleach to banana yellow prior to adding the color, he could stop somewhere during the orange phase then apply the color?

CajunBaby
July 2nd, 2012, 09:22 AM
We keep posting at the same lol.

I know the toner he uses is deposit only. I don't think he would use something that lifts because there isn't any pigment left in my hair to lift. I just kind of wanted a little color to fill in my porous hair and maybe make it look a little more like real hair instead of barbie's hair lol.