PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I'm greasing my hair

W2
July 2nd, 2012, 08:31 AM
Whenever I want to try anything new, especially braids, I feel like my hair gets greasy from my hands. Even right after a co-wash.
It doesn't really show, and after a bbb it stops feeling greasy again.

What can I do? Wash or clean my hands before touching, but it's irritating me.

spidermom
July 2nd, 2012, 08:38 AM
I have noticed that the more I manipulate my hair with my hands, the quicker it gets dirty. I don't always remember to wash my hands, though, so that might be part of my problem.

CO in and of itself left my hair limp and coated-feeling if I did it more times in a row than once.

W2
July 2nd, 2012, 08:47 AM
I co 2-3 times a week - and every other week I wash with a (purple/blue) shampoo - so I'm not only co'ing. But it's the same after a shampoo-wash

Madora
July 2nd, 2012, 08:54 AM
Perhaps there's too much residue on your hair, which is transferring it to your hands.

I usually wash my hands before handling my hair.

jacqueline101
July 2nd, 2012, 11:01 AM
I'd wash your hands if that doesn't help try clarifying.

Xxanderia
July 2nd, 2012, 11:06 AM
I have the same problem, the more I tend to play with my hair, the greasier it gets. I don't think it's necessarily the oil from your hands, but it could also be the natural oil production from your scalp being distributed. Some people just have more than others. (It's a pain.)
I usually have to use a clarifying shampoo once a week or once every other week just to feel cleaner and less greasy. It seems to help with my hair at least.

ratgirldjh
July 2nd, 2012, 11:21 AM
Yes wash your hands well with soap before you touch your hair. I have noticed that sometimes I have oil on my hands from the night before when I rubbed it into my cuticles before bed. They don't feel 'oily' but if I get them wet I can feel it on top of my skin. Perhaps you have lotion or oil on your hands and even though you can't feel it - it gets transferred to your hair? This was happening to me when washing my hair before I figured out I needed to wash my hands with soap before beginning.

Also what others said - perhaps the manipulation of your hair is stimulating your scalp? Or your hair needs clarifying. Once I washed with a moisturizing soap and no ACV rinse and my hair felt like 'cat fur' but I realized after a while that it was build up. I could actually see it on my brush after brushing - ick.