PDA

View Full Version : how to: get longer hair [youtube video]

Altariel
July 2nd, 2012, 05:24 AM
I was surfing around and I saw this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxmZntIuQ_o&feature=fvwrel

If you don't want to watch this is what the girl do:

How To:
Heat up 2-4 tablespoons of olive oil (If you don't have olive oil, you can use coconut oil, or rosemary oil.)
Apply the oil all over your scalp
Tip your head upside down for 4 minutes
Let the oil sit in your hair afterwards for 2 hours
After 2 hours, wash your hair out with a purifying/cleansing shampoo
Let air/towel dry
Do this everyday, once a day, for a week
I want your opinion, is it safe for hair?
Because maeby once a day for a week it's too much.
I wan't to be sure I'm not going to damage my hair doing this thing :confused:

bunzfan
July 2nd, 2012, 05:27 AM
I was surfing around and I saw this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxmZntIuQ_o&feature=fvwrel

If you don't want to watch this is what the girl do:

I want your opinion, is it safe for hair?
Because maeby once a day for a week it's too much.
I wan't to be sure I'm not going to damage my hair doing this thing :confused:

As long as the oil was only warmed gently before you put it on your hair and scalp i can't see there be any damage from it but the claim that your have longer hair in 1 week is a bit far fetched :lol: co wash it out it removes it much better and its gentler than shampoo.

Altariel
July 2nd, 2012, 05:35 AM
bunzfan the thing that made me worry was the daily wash but by using co I should avoid the damage :)
I know I wont have a magic growth :) I was just hoping to increase the grow rate a little ^^

bunzfan
July 2nd, 2012, 05:39 AM
bunzfan the thing that made me worry was the daily wash but by using co I should avoid the damage :)
I know I wont have a magic growth :) I was just hoping to increase the grow rate a little ^^

I already commented on the video it self because she is miss leading people the oil thing would mainly help with scalp issues it would not give you faster growth, you could look into head massages though there are plenty of video's on that or you could look into monistat thread i did that on and off for 2 years and i got really good growth with it went from Shoulder/apl to waist in 2 years.

Altariel
July 2nd, 2012, 05:41 AM
Thank you :) you're very nice :)

Jesabel
July 2nd, 2012, 05:46 AM
I watched that, I liked the whole oiling thing but it sounded like she was using a harsh shampoo every day and I don't think she was using conditioner after the harsh shampooing, doing this every day could cause more harm then good.

Madora
July 2nd, 2012, 06:57 AM
If a body wanted to grow their hair faster, that's not the way to do it. Too much washing, hair manipulation..and oil, oil oil!

Having long hair is one thing. Having HEALTHY long hair is quite another.

RileyJane
July 2nd, 2012, 10:58 AM
id say if you wanted to try it, I wouldnt do it everyday, just on days you would normally wash your hair :P on the off days you could do scalp massages, but thats just me. i personally dont think washing your hair everyday will really help, itll prob do more harm than good :X i only wash mine 2x a week, sometimes 3 and that works best for me

Lostsoule77
July 2nd, 2012, 11:03 AM
She did have some good tips under the video for growing healthier hair. I didn't watch the video itself.

jacqueline101
July 2nd, 2012, 11:11 AM
I think its a little far fetched. I know monistat works for hair growth.

Miss Maisie
July 2nd, 2012, 11:18 AM
If I used that much oil on my scalp my hair would all fall out. I shed like crazy if I get oil near my scalp.