PDA

View Full Version : Most moisturizing condish for coarse,frizz prone hair?

Zhennni(:
July 1st, 2012, 10:14 PM
Hello fellow LHC, I need some recommendations to a REALLY moisturizing conditioner as my hair is on the dry side. I live in a dry area so humectants dont work well for me. Ive tried garnier triple nutrition and my hair HATES it, suave almond and shea butter was ok, toadstoolsoap leave in and deep condish didnt do much, aussie 3mm was ok,smt with suave coconut was pretty good but I think it could have done more....my hair is so picky:/ I think it likes cones because it does well with serums and pantene condish, but it hated garnier & other coney condishs. HELPP!!

Zhennni(:
July 1st, 2012, 10:15 PM
also Ive tried mineral oil, it works ok id say, not a big difference.

Zhennni(:
July 1st, 2012, 10:57 PM
Ive heard great things about honeysuckle rose , but I also heard they changed the formula:/ are there places to get the old formula ?

kidari
July 1st, 2012, 11:30 PM
we have similar hair, i love l'oreal evercreme intense nourishing shampoo, conditioner and their leave-in treatment spray... try anything with camellina oils

Zhennni(:
July 1st, 2012, 11:37 PM
my hair didnt like the sulphate free shampoos Ive tried, so I guess ill try the conditioner.:P thanks!

Zhennni(:
July 2nd, 2012, 07:00 PM
bump! I ordered some honeysuckle rose from this website that listed the old ingredients, I hope is the old one!

brave
July 2nd, 2012, 08:07 PM
HSR works best on my hair but it's expensive and yeah, new ingredients, although I haven't tested it. Frankly so far the best I've found is just using a very good leave in, which involves cones for me right now. Conditioner on its own just wasn't enough, the moisture left and my hair frizzed.

Zhennni(:
July 2nd, 2012, 09:45 PM
HSR works best on my hair but it's expensive and yeah, new ingredients, although I haven't tested it. Frankly so far the best I've found is just using a very good leave in, which involves cones for me right now. Conditioner on its own just wasn't enough, the moisture left and my hair frizzed.

Ive heard so many great things about it and I cant believe they changed the formula :( I just hope I got the old one or the new one works for me...fingers crossed!

Zhennni(:
July 4th, 2012, 12:38 AM
bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sundial
July 4th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Phalaenopsis has been using the old HSR formula and she recently purchased the new one. On her blog she mentioned that it feels the same so far. You can probably give that a try and see if you like it :)

Phalaenopsis
July 4th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Phalaenopsis has been using the old HSR formula and she recently purchased the new one. On her blog she mentioned that it feels the same so far. You can probably give that a try and see if you like it :)

I haven't tried it yet, but it just looks the same, smells the same... I tried the "new" gpb and it was just like the old one, so the "new" honeysuckle probably will be good too.

hellucy
July 4th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Have you tried good old Herbal Essences Hello Hydration or Smooth & Soft?
Both are good moisturising conditioners & they are cheap too so no big loss if they don't work out.

Zhennni(:
July 4th, 2012, 03:18 PM

I really hope my hair likes it ! :)

Zhennni(:
July 4th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Have you tried good old Herbal Essences Hello Hydration or Smooth & Soft?
Both are good moisturising conditioners & they are cheap too so no big loss if they don't work out.

hello hydration was ok, but I need something more intensive :/

gthlvrmx
July 13th, 2012, 12:40 PM
you said you live in a dry area and humectants dont go well with your hair, have you tried running a search on humectant free conditioners?
i live in a dry area as well and cant use humectants so most conditioners are a no-no for me, the only one that works for me is Suave Ocean or many the new they made that has passion flower and vanilla extract in it, i forgot the name.But they dont have humectant, and i tried getting rid of mineral and product build up with club soda and antiresidue shampoo, and i used ocean breeze for about 20-30 minutes and i my hair was little too moisturized. Even if it didnt have humectant in it, it works enough, at least for me.

anything that has the word "glycol, glycerin" in the ingredients is a humectant and wont work well in a dry area. and i was wondering how the suave coconut worked well on you, i though coarse hair didnt like protein? it has soy i think or amino something in the coconut conditioner i think, or was it the coconut extract? i forgot but that one might not work for you best because of protein and humectant, unless your hair is liking protein for some reason.

Sundial
July 13th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I haven't tried it yet, but it just looks the same, smells the same... I tried the "new" gpb and it was just like the old one, so the "new" honeysuckle probably will be good too.

:o yes you're right! I totally got that mixed up :D

Natalia
July 13th, 2012, 10:44 PM
here is a link to an esty one that people have been talking about - http://www.etsy.com/listing/78550597/goats-milk-conditioner-8-oz-custom-scent?ref=sr_gallery_7&ga_search_query=goats+milk&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=ZZ&ga_min=0&ga_max=0&ga_search_type=all sorry for the long tag dont know how to fix that yet.

Phalaenopsis
July 14th, 2012, 02:54 AM
I really hope my hair likes it ! :)

And? Have you tried the HS yet? I tried the 'new' recipe and as I thought it's still like it used to be ^^