PDA

View Full Version : what hair tools and toys will you never leave home without?

long&blonde
July 1st, 2012, 06:49 PM
Thursday night I tripped on my mum's "Angel Stairs" rider cable while delivering 15 six packs of gingerale for her. My foot caught and bent backwards in the cable. I had to dislodge myself,no way could I call Ma,83,to that scene! I went to the ER the following morning:feeling worse. Badly broken ankle. I never expected them to keep me,but having other leg health issues:lymphedema worst in leg broke;they did:came home today. Inspiring this post:both to update all at LHC, because We are Family! :) And for this hair post "I will never leave home without;" in my case, tangle teezer and a soft scrunchie hair tie. All the days of twists up into the claw clip I thankfully had, only thing I had was ponytail safe elastic:but those are heck to keep reinserting on tangled hair.Scrunchies are the best to sleep in. I was grateful I had a clawclip! From now on:tangle teezer/scrunchie,and claw clip:don't leave home without them. If you don't return home for days;you will be thankful! What hair tools & toys would you not leave home without? I nearly added "small bottle of oil" to my list:but how could that survive the mayhem that is our purses? Lol.

lmfbs
July 1st, 2012, 06:53 PM
I'm pretty low maintenance. I don't tend to leave home without either my hair up (hair tie or pins or hair stick) or else, I'll wear it down with a hair tie around my waist. The great thing about long hair is it's easy to pop up into a bun so it's off my face.

honeybunnie8
July 1st, 2012, 07:00 PM
I have hair elastics on my purse, other then that nothing. I sleep in a top bun or french braid and I use an elastic for that as well.

longNred
July 1st, 2012, 07:07 PM
I almost always have a stick, extra elastics, and a wide tooth comb in my bag. They come in handy all the time. Often for friends who always ask to borrow an elastic, knowing I'll have a handful somewhere in the bag.

Ouch on the ankle! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

embee
July 1st, 2012, 07:18 PM
My hair is always up when I go out, so there's always one hairtoy. But I carry a widetooth comb, an elastic, and a spare hairstick just in case. Because you never know.

Sorry about your ankle, that's nasty. Hope it heals soon. Eat lots of protein, bones need protein to grow.

long&blonde
July 1st, 2012, 07:58 PM
Thank you guys for the well wishs! And reminding me about protein bein great for healing broken bones. Since this happened: I've been ordering entrees with meat thru the hospital cafeteria. I thought my wanting them was nutty,normally I'm just about vegetarian. You guys are totally right.
Also, a coworker told me this; if you feel nauseous steadily after you think you've "sprained something?" You've broke something. I did;and it was true in my case.

prettykitty
July 1st, 2012, 08:08 PM
A good cautionary tale! I just changed to a smaller purse and had no real emergency kitin there but I've put a spare hair stick and comb in there, just in case.

prettykitty
July 1st, 2012, 08:08 PM
Oops, and I hope you're feeling better and will be up and about again soon!

owlathena
July 1st, 2012, 08:12 PM
I always always carry my denman brush and a scrunchie in my purse

Long_hair_bear
July 1st, 2012, 08:13 PM
Ouch..... I almost twisted my ankle in pointe ballet one time, but thankfully my ankle muscles are Thor strong and caught me long enough to set my foot right. Hope you'll be ok!

I always have a cheap hairstick, a hair tie, and a TT in my bag..... Sometimes bobby pins.

Tisiloves
July 1st, 2012, 08:19 PM
Hair ties and a detangling impliment.:)

spirals
July 1st, 2012, 10:07 PM
I never take anything with me; is that weird? But I'm only BSL. However, at any length here or longer I can bun it without anything, so I'm ok, I think. Oh, I sometimes carry a curl refresher spray.

kme81
July 1st, 2012, 10:16 PM
My bare minimum of hair things to have on hand is a handful of hair pins and several of those little clear elastics. I usually put them in an old mint tin, it works really well to keep everything together!

BrightEyes
July 1st, 2012, 10:18 PM
I always have a seamless comb and hairtie in my purse. I also try to have a couple bobby pins too, if I need to contain any stray hairs.

neko_kawaii
July 1st, 2012, 10:25 PM
If it isn't already up, I'll be sure to grab the spin pins. Wide toothed comb is always in the bag, and I can usually find a band rattling around in there somewhere.

Ticky
July 2nd, 2012, 04:54 AM
I usually have a hair tie laying around somewhere in my bag/pocket.

PolarCathy
July 2nd, 2012, 04:59 AM
I don't have such hairtoys. I tend to forget about things like cellphone, umbrella, and hair things. Interestingly, I always have my credit card, ID-card, driving license and car keys with me but everything else I just. forget. Maybe the early onset of Alzheimer?

Lucky_Lucy
July 2nd, 2012, 05:46 AM
I'm sorry about your ankle, I hope it heals soon!:flower:

I usually carry around a TT, hairtye, and some bobby pins.

vanity_acefake
July 2nd, 2012, 06:01 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
I always have a hair stick, multiple hair bobbles and hair clips in my bag.
I always seem to have multiple hair bobbles on my wrists too.

Arashi
July 2nd, 2012, 07:18 AM
I always have a comb, elastics, some bobby pins, and a little clip or two.

PixxieStix
July 2nd, 2012, 07:24 AM
I have a small wide tooth comb, scrunchie, and hair stick in my bag at all times. I've been caught without one and NEVER AGAIN!

Ambystoma
July 2nd, 2012, 07:25 AM
Wishing you well with your ankle! I always have a hair safe elastic around my wrist and usually a seamless comb and tiny bottle of aloe vera gel with a couple of drops of MO mixed in to combat random frizzies. I also always carry a glass nail file in case I get a tiny chip or snag since an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure :).

Bunnysaur
July 2nd, 2012, 08:35 AM
I hope you recover soon! That sounds like a nasty way to hurt yourself :blossom:

I'm pretty low maintenance. I don't tend to leave home without either my hair up (hair tie or pins or hair stick) or else, I'll wear it down with a hair tie around my waist. The great thing about long hair is it's easy to pop up into a bun so it's off my face.

:agape: You keep a hairtie around your waist?!?! How small are you?! :p

As for me, I always have a stick/fork unless I'm wearing one already, a hairtie (or two, you never know when one will disappear) and a wooden comb. I don't think I could handle being responsible for keeping much more than that undamaged in my purse throughout the day...

Lostsoule77
July 2nd, 2012, 11:46 AM
I hope you heal well! My sister broke her ankle and I know how much it bugged her.

I always have a spare hair tie on me. If I have my purse with me (no I don't always have it) I also have some little clips to keep my halo in check. I also always grab a small stick if I'm not wearing one in my hair. I finger comb most of the time though and can put up a bun with nothing so I'd be set even if I didn't bring anything. ;)

long&blonde
July 2nd, 2012, 12:33 PM
Thanks everyone for all the good wishs!
Right now I am just feeling like I won the lottery:broken ankle & all;
Estimated 6 weeks off(paid)from work. All the books I've never got around to reading,movies not seen,tv not watched! Sure I can barely walk couch to bed:but:no work and Jerry Springer on 3 times daily!!? Lol.
I am a finger comber too:have been washing weekly,use a seemless widetooth comb for combout & part,airdry:after that:its fingercomb out tangles,till next wash.
I did not have a comb:nor brush in my purse:nor a scrunchie:for my 3 day hospital stay. Up and down and machine tests when you don't feel well,surely tangle your hair more than normal;the rigamarole tangled my stable Bun! And when you aren't in your own bed,and have a headache from crazy new meds:nothing like a hair scrunchie to sleep on. I thought I had one;but only had elastics. A claw clip:I did have:I found better than a stick;they can be hard to put up high enough to sleep on:vs clip. So from now on its claw clip,tangle teezer,scrunchie in my purse! With no washings,fingering out tangles,my hair did remind me why long hair is so awesome:it thrives on benign neglect. :)

door72067
July 2nd, 2012, 01:19 PM
for longer than I can remember I've always had a wide-toothed pick and hair ties with me and recently I tossed a few sticks into my bag

AutumnLocks
July 31st, 2012, 03:46 PM
Hairbrush, metal free elastics, and a HUGE jaw clip.

dwell_in_safety
July 31st, 2012, 04:01 PM
I always have my fine-toothed comb in case I need an emergency redoing of my updo for the day.

earthnut
July 31st, 2012, 04:13 PM
On camping trips, I pack olive oil and ouchless elastics. Maybe spin pins and bobby pins, but I can always use a stick or pencil. Maybe conditioner, but I can go WO for a week or two.