PDA

View Full Version : Is Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo also a chelating shampoo???

Babs1039
July 1st, 2012, 05:53 PM
Lately my hair has been a tangly, dry, crunchy mess especially at the ends. I tried going the no sulfate/cone route and for a few days those products made my hair feel super soft. Then I couldn't even finger comb my hair after conditioning due to how much my hair was tangling and breaking so I went back to sulfates/cones.

After reading several posts on here regarding how much clarifying can help dry, crunchy hair I tried Suave daily clarifying shampoo last night. I was amazed that I was able to finger comb through my hair with the shampoo in there with no problems!!! Afterwards I used Neutrogena Triple Moisture Mask on my hair to help with the dryness. While damp I applied some Aragan oil to the ends to give them added moisture. Now my hair actually feels like hair until I get to the ends which are still a little dry and frazzled looking, but noticeably less than before.

However, I am left wondering if I still need to use a chelating shampoo (I have hard water)...I read the ingredients and Suave contains EDTA, but I don't know if it contains enough to actually rid the hair of the build up of minerals.

My hair has NEVER been this long before and I just want the ends of my hair to be normal again. :(

jeanniet
July 1st, 2012, 06:16 PM
No, it's not a chelating shampoo. Joico makes a good one, but make sure you do a deep treatment afterward, because chelating shampoos are pretty stripping.

If you have hard water, doing citric acid rinses may help prevent/remove mineral buildup (I have hard well water). I use 1/4 teaspoon in a gallon of water as a final rinse every time I get my hair wet. I rarely have to clarify or use a chelating shampoo with this method.

jojo
July 1st, 2012, 11:42 PM
^^ I second the joico one, my hair never feels as good as when I've washed with this one. You have just reminded me I need another bottle!