PDA

View Full Version : To Jojo and other colour remover pros

goldloli
July 1st, 2012, 12:32 PM
Hiii, I would like opinions on colour remover products that have given you great results.

My mom has 3a coarse gray/darkbrown hair that she has been colouring with ultra dark brown virtually black. Today she realised that it erm, doesn't look too great and clashes with her skin. She wants to go to a lighter brown and new cut which i can handle but I have no idea how to get the perm colour out without going to a salon to have it stripped.

Her hair is very dry, she uses low quality conditioners and leaves hair to tangle and do its thing because she has no patience for it (no chance of convincing to cowash lol). As a result it may be too fragile for salon stripping. I've seen great pics from you girls and greatly need the help before she goes and gets her hair broken off.

Tisiloves
July 1st, 2012, 12:54 PM
I would go with colour oops for 2-4 of hours and then loading on some oil and conditioner and lying and saying it's essential to the colour stripping process.

jojo
July 1st, 2012, 03:49 PM
Hey I'm honoured to have my name in a thread title! Well I loved colour B4 but my best and latest results have come from Scott Cornwall decolour, I even saw the colour change colour when rinsing. I too have baby fine hair which is delicate, so I only use gentle stuff on, I'd say the decolour is certainly the best product I've ever used, my hair feels fantastic and I've had no damage whatsoever from using it, it has not redarkened either which can happen with dye removers.
Wish your mum good luck from me, if I can remove the toughest of colours (hendigo) anybody can, it takes time and patience but is achievable.

Eta stripping is not the same as removing dye from hair, a dye remover as with colour b4 and decolour are removers they work by taking away the dye molecules without touching the natural colour underneath, so you are left with whatever colour is underneath, if you have bleached you will be left with bleach, if you have dyed darker, your natural colour will be revealed. It can take quite a few goes but a remover contains no peroxide or ammonia. A stripper does just that it removes not only the dye but the hairs natural pigments to give you a bleached out lighter colour to dye over, it contains bleach and I do not advise using a stripper as it will damage hair beyond repair. Both can be dyed over if you wish.
This is my hair today, as you can see no damage but all the dye gone, a stripper would leave you with candy floss hair.
http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s366/joanna-eglin/th_c3f71efb.jpg (http://s1048.photobucket.com/albums/s366/joanna-eglin/?action=view&current=c3f71efb.jpg) click to enlarge. Hope this helps xx

goldloli
July 5th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Aww you guys are just <3 sorry for delayed reply, i lost the thread and had to google to find it... such a n00b.

Yeah i heard about re-oxidation of colour when people woke in in the morning and this stuff needing a thorough rinsing.

She's currently around a level 2 dark brown with level 4 mahogany at the ends from dying different colours. since the 4 took, i think maybe the underneath colour is now mostly grey which should hopefully leave a nice canvas to re dye.

Its also gonna be the first time i do a curly hair cut, cutting the ringlets one by one and reshaping her hair where standard cutting fails. totes gonna post pics :D ty!