PDA

View Full Version : anyone tried adding rosemary essential oil in shampoo?

princess03
July 1st, 2012, 04:29 AM
just wondering if anyone has had any results in faster growth or thickness or jus any change from adding rosemary essential oil drops in their shampoo. and if so how many drops to the ounce? say if your shampoo is 16oz how many drops?

i just bought some at my local market and would like to add some in my shampoo ^.^

thanks !

Allychan
July 1st, 2012, 05:39 AM
The shampoo I currently use contains rosemary and is made with 70% "Organic content". But it does not say how much is in there. Sorry not much help, I'll ask my sister who studied Aromatherapy how many she'd put in or suggest putting in

ariesfairies
July 1st, 2012, 05:58 AM
I use straight up, boiled rosemary tisane rinse and rosemary steeped in olive carrier oil for deep treatments, all with fresh homegrown rosemary.
Not sure about faster growth though.. you see, the photo below was taken the day before I joined LHC and the blonde regrowth in my hair was approx 2 months at 2/3 of an inch, so alas not much extra growth there unfortunately. Maybe it will work different for you, give it a shot :) I still use it in hopes it will finally kick in.. you never know.

Anywho, drops of essential oil for shampoo.... I'd say the more the merrier, but not so much for it to make the shampoo smell yuck.

fridgee
July 1st, 2012, 07:53 AM
I add it to my washing conditioner (I'm CO), but I don't think it's done anything for my growth or thickness. Smells good tho! :D

princess03
July 1st, 2012, 09:57 AM
thank you ladies this is interesting i read it can work as a stimulator. i guess it can vary ill still give it a go n update my results although i also just started biotin so hoping some growth speed improvement!

Bunnysaur
July 1st, 2012, 09:59 AM
I put peppermint oil in the mix I use on my scalp and I think it's helped growth. Not sure about rosemary, though I've wanted to try it.

Jing
July 1st, 2012, 11:16 AM
As a general rule EOs should be diluted to make up max 2% of a mixture. I add a drop to my shampoo each wash. I have no idea if it does anything, but it's the only way I can use it since I can't oil my scalp.

princess03
July 2nd, 2012, 05:59 PM
hmm i hadn't looked into peppermint i might just.

thanx i tried that method better of adding a drop to what i use per wash.

gonzobird
July 2nd, 2012, 06:14 PM
I put three drop of neem oil in my shampoo. My scalp is rarely dry or bothered anymore. And my new growth is thicker and healthier. :)