PDA

View Full Version : Sock bun BBQ

longNred
June 30th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Went to a lovely BBQ today, and being over 90 degrees, I put my mane up in a sock bun. Easy, polished, comfy.

Suddenly, 5 girls were oohing and ahhhing over it, wondering how in the world I got such a pretty looking bun. Oh this? Just a sock bun. Easy peasy. They were confused... A sock? Huh? Had never heard of such a thing.

Thus led to the "sock bun lesson" happening in the bathroom. 3 sock bun demonstrations later, they were astounded, and all proclaimed they were trying it ASAP. The men at the party got a good laugh of the sock hair group lesson going on...

later, I took it out and rejoined the party, to which I immediately heard, "whoa, you just went from bun girl, to smokin hot curls" lol. So funny! And bizarre this was a "new" style here. I figured I was just about one of the last to jump on the sock bun wagon... Guess not.

Fellow sock bunners, are others bewildered by it when you go out?

Lostsoule77
June 30th, 2012, 08:26 PM
That is great! That was really nice of you to show them all how to do it too!

I have yet to try a sock bun. Just seems like too much work to me.

swearnsue
June 30th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I tried a sock bun but my hair is still too short :( But I have the sock in my "hair drawer" for when it grows another 12 inches or so.

longNred
June 30th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Lostsoule77, at your length I can see how that may be more work! But your cinnabuns are stunning! It works well for my current length, about a minute to roll.

Dovetail
June 30th, 2012, 08:48 PM
I had one girl I know from work ask me how I got my bun so big and pretty, I took it down and said "oh, that's where my sock went..." she laughed and I showed her how I made it, but I don't know if she'll ever try it. That's really neat though that they were so interested! And they ARE a great day to night style too, polished bun by day "smokin hot waves" by night :p

pink.sara
July 1st, 2012, 05:20 AM
I tried a sock bun but my hair is still too short :( But I have the sock in my "hair drawer" for when it grows another 12 inches or so.

You could totally do a sock bun at your length. Granted not fully rolled but split over the sock then pinned.