PDA

View Full Version : How much of a difference does S&Ding make for you?

Rufflebutt
June 30th, 2012, 06:56 PM
How often do you S&D? And how much of a difference has it made on your hair?

Doesn't it make you super jealous when you see someone with a super thick hemline even though they're at a very long length of hair? I seriously want to go up to them and be like,"Oh hey! :D Can I just steal all of your hair and make it mine? Better yet, can I just BE you?"

My ends are thin at the moment due to TONS of layers eating up my thickness. Bah.

Zhennni(:
June 30th, 2012, 07:27 PM
I S&D all the time! Is like an obsession, I bring my scissors everywhere:P But I think it doesnt make that much of a difference since I dont have much splits, but if you have alot it will make a difference

MeowScat
July 1st, 2012, 02:16 AM
I'm amazed at how much better it makes my hair look and feel. I have splits but I mostly have the dreaded white dots which are quite noticeable since I have brown hair. It looks okay when I'm in the house but the moment I go out in the sun I always say, "wow, there's so many!"

Then I grab my scissors and start snipping away like a mad woman. It feels smoother and the comb glides through so much easier once I'm done. Since I only take off about 1/8 of an inch, I havent noticed any thinning. Just trimming my hemline doesn't get rid of them since most of the splits and dots are all throughout my entire length. Grrrrrr....

If I didn't S & D, my hair would look horrible.

sparrowswing
July 1st, 2012, 02:40 AM
I feel like I've been in the midst of a constant S&D ever since I joined LHC. I'll sit there going hair-by-hair looking for splits, spots, and fairy knots; trim every one I find; and a little later - an hour, a day, never as much as a week - I'll notice more. And I just spent a week at my parents' rustic cabin in the mountains of WV; I could feel the damage to my hair every time I moved. So n steps forward, n+1 steps back. Or at least it feels that way.

And yes, I envy every thick, even hemline I see, regardless of length. But I just can't bear the thought of cutting or even trimming when my hair is longer than it's ever been before.

Phalaenopsis
July 1st, 2012, 02:41 AM
I stopped S&D'ing, because it actually just thins your hair out if you do it a lot.

Ticky
July 1st, 2012, 02:52 AM
I used to do it every coouple of weeks, but got tired of it. I didn't see any improvement from it anyway. :shrug:

SongofLove
July 1st, 2012, 03:30 AM
It looks okay when I'm in the house but the moment I go out in the sun I always say, "wow, there's so many!"

Haha the same thing happens to me. It's so annoying how I seem to notice splits whenever I don't have my hair scissors in hand.

But yeah, S&D really helps reduce tangling.

MeowScat
July 1st, 2012, 04:10 AM
Those scissors are never in my hand when I need them either. I've even noticed those white dots on cloudy days, zero sun. I should just keep a pair on my porch and stop cursing under my breath. Hahaha!! :D

Once I start ye ole S & D, my OCD kicks in and I can't stop snipping. I just did a bunch tonight and now I've got the itch to do it again. I'll be doing it again tomorrow and probably the next day, then I'll try to put the scissors down for a few days.

It's so satisfying though to get rid of those ugly buggers.