PDA

View Full Version : Thought you'd guys would appreciate this

Amber_Maiden
June 30th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Of course there are some of us who don't use these hair toys-

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff519/shamber1/380768_390707844324033_1140837697_n.jpg

Bunnysaur
June 30th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Hahaha. So true!

HintOfMint
June 30th, 2012, 02:58 PM
It's as predictable as milk running out. "I'm going to the store, do you need anything?" "Yes, a pack of hairties!"

I've given up trying to keep them straight.

Arden
June 30th, 2012, 03:01 PM
OMG YES! That is so hallarious.. and so TRUE! I was just thinking this last night.. I was searching everywhere for a hair tie and could not find a singel one... I don't know where they end up at... Maybe there's a hair accessiorie monster... you know like the sock monster? :D

SongofLove
June 30th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I always lose hairties...I don't know how it's possible to lose so many, and I wonder where they go. Luckily I don't seem to have this problem with scrunchies!

By the way, I always larf when I see what you've put down for your "location", Amber Maiden :D

beautifulending
June 30th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Every time I go to the store I buy some of both because I can never keep up with them. Please tell me Im not the only one!?!?

Tisiloves
June 30th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I've somehow managed to lose 500 kirby grips in the last two years. I hardly ever use them because my hair tries to eat them, so how do they dissappear?

Lostsoule77
June 30th, 2012, 03:11 PM
That is hilarious and so true!

swearnsue
June 30th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I think the kitty steals some of them. But where do they all go? Stephen King might know.

DarkCurls
June 30th, 2012, 03:15 PM
I love this! I had to buy some more hairpins the other day, but I'm sure I'll be out in a couple months. As for the hair ties... I don't know how many I've gone through. Annoys my mother. :D

Phalaenopsis
June 30th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Lol, I was just thinking this today "where the F are suddenly all my elastics!" when I was doing a hairdo :p

LaFlor
June 30th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Yes! I am currently working with 1 hair tie, when I know I bought a pack of like 20 not to long ago... where have they all gone to? I am trying really hard to keep an eye on the last one :p

Ticky
June 30th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Oh yes... Hair ties especially. :justy:

Slug Yoga
June 30th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I try to tell myself that they cannot be literally disappearing. They are just in out-of-the-way places. Therefore if I keep buying and losing more hair-ties, some kind of equilibrium will eventually be achieved and I will always have a hair tie within arm's reach.

So far this has not worked.

Phalaenopsis
June 30th, 2012, 03:29 PM
I try to tell myself that they cannot be literally disappearing. They are just in out-of-the-way places. Therefore if I keep buying and losing more hair-ties, some kind of equilibrium will eventually be achieved and I will always have a hair tie within arm's reach.

So far this has not worked.
LOL :p

Keep trying though. :D

NataschaB.
June 30th, 2012, 04:03 PM
True that, they always disappear!

lapushka
June 30th, 2012, 04:09 PM
This is not typically what happens around here. Don't use bobby pins, but I seem to have too many hairties, and I can't get rid of any of them. :lol: In any color, in several thicknesses, ... They're all of them stuffed in a neat little (quite large actually) plastic drawer. Maybe it's because I hardly ever use them any more. I used to lose them, though.

dollyfish
June 30th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I think the kitty steals some of them. But where do they all go? Stephen King might know.

My mother's cat LOVES hair ties and rubber bands, so when I lived with her this really *was* my problem :laugh:

These days it's my own darn fault. My kitty cat doesn't steal hair ties, I just lose them :"(

Carolyn
June 30th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I think all my missing hair elastics went to live with all the missing single socks that never came out of the dryer.

Alvrodul
June 30th, 2012, 05:00 PM
yes, they do seem to disappear, don't they? But they also turn up in the oddest places - possibly the little gremlins dealing with these things take them, and then somehow teleport them to those odd places. :rolleyes:;)

racrane
June 30th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Oh yes, I agree! I actually need to buy more elastics and pins. I'm geting tired of using spin pins all the time now.

But someone mentioned their cat likes elastics. Mine does too. He carries them around in his mouth and then leaves them in the oddest places. :)

BrightEyes
June 30th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Yes, exactly! If I somehow found all the bobby pins and elastics I've lost over the years I would have mountains and mountains of them.

PixxieStix
June 30th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I'm so glad everyone else has noticed this too! LOL!

MintChocChip
June 30th, 2012, 05:27 PM
So true! Kirby grips and hair ties are the bane of my life! I always find heaps of kirby grips floating at the bottom of my bags for some reason, and no reason why they should be there... :bigeyes:

Lucky_Lucy
June 30th, 2012, 05:29 PM
I have those exact hairties :lol:. And today I was just thinking that there were a whole lot more of them when I first bought them! Same with the hair pins. I had a handful of little ones and now they're all gone!

neko_kawaii
June 30th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Oh! The joys of wandering around the place holding a do up with one hand muttering, "I know they are around here somewhere."

Vampyria
June 30th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I saw that on Facebook today, and was wondering where did all my hair ties go. Claw clips are also always disappearing who knows where. I always promise myself that I will keep them in one place, but I never do, and then they soon all gone.

GrowingGlory
June 30th, 2012, 06:15 PM
I bought two boxes of Spin Pins (2 each) and a Modern Updo pin. I have 2 spin pins left. (?!) I have no pets to blame and I've never been that hungry.

Nae
June 30th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Argh! Yes! I think there is something wandering around my house that eats these things. I am almost out of hairties and I bought a large pack (like 30) just last month.

The Roku remote is also MIA. No Game of Thones for me tonight. *sighs*

Vanilla
June 30th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Lol I lose these so often. Hubby bought me one of those balls with the elastics on it a year ago, and I've gone through them all already!

Kristen121
June 30th, 2012, 07:48 PM
My 3.5 year old loves to take my hair ties (especially the more expensive ribbon style ones) and wear them as bracelets, then takes them off and leaves them all over the house. When I wear my hair in a braid, she will come up behind me and take my hair tie out so she can wear it!

SerinaDaith
June 30th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Love this, I totally keep loading up my ring of hair dodads and purse and bathroom but somehow things just keep wandering away...

sugarpixie10988
June 30th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I have this little shelf screwed into the wall under the mirror in my bedroom. I go through hair ties and bobby pins like crazy, especially the latter. I never could figure out where they would all go, as I tried to keep them in a little box on my shelf... that is until a few months ago. I was going to repaint my shelf, so my dad unscrewed it from the wall. At LEAST one hundred bobby pins fell out from behind the shelf. :bigeyes: I know there are a lot back there again, but I'm no good with power tools and don't want to harass my poor dad into helping me retrieve them. :p

Falcore
June 30th, 2012, 09:28 PM
Haha yup always losing hair ties!!

Henrietta
July 2nd, 2012, 01:27 PM
I like the picture, so LHC-like ;)

But I don't lose those! I haven't lost any hair tie since I remember. In childhood I probably lost dozens, but now- not even one.
Same with bobby pins. I lost one several weeks ago and I couldn't believe it for two days. It just doesn't happen. I have them well put in buns and whatnot, and I check it a few days ago, so if anything slides out I always catch it in time.
Saying it all, I mean both- losing those things by putting them somewhere around the house and then :magic: - they disappeared, and also by losing them because they slide out of an updo.

So, how do you lose them, guys? By :magic: around the house or do they escape from updos during the day? ;)

spirals
July 2nd, 2012, 01:57 PM
I've found hair pins on the floor at work, and I KNOW they're mine; my coworkers don't uase them. I've also lost them in my hair. Ah, the life of a curly....

Lostsoule77
July 2nd, 2012, 01:58 PM
I think I lose hair ties when people take them without me knowing. ;) When my little sister lived with me I lost a lot more than I do now. Now I think they just break or stretch out & I chuck them when I'm half asleep and doing my hair in the a.m. So I'm more losing my memory than the ties. LOL I rarely use pins so I don't lose those.

spirals
July 2nd, 2012, 02:08 PM
Does anyone else use roller pins? http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.morrisflamingo.com/images/A-5610.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.morrisflamingo.com/products/A-5610.htm&usg=__7SbSFse_N8XNWpeT3X8fytIHH9k=&h=1650&w=1650&sz=236&hl=en&start=2&zoom=1&tbnid=umC18B0sz27c0M:&tbnh=150&tbnw=150&ei=XP_xT5_JGcehrAHL4OX2AQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Droller%2Bpins%26hl%3Den%26gbv%3D2%26t bm%3Disch&itbs=1 They're hard to lose.

Tisiloves
July 2nd, 2012, 02:20 PM
I've found hair pins on the floor at work, and I KNOW they're mine; my coworkers don't uase them. I've also lost them in my hair. Ah, the life of a curly....

I'm straight as can be and hairpins still get eaten by the slithery mop.

spidermom
July 2nd, 2012, 02:25 PM
I find bobby pins all over the house. I guess my hair spits them out because I certainly don't randomly carry them around and toss one over by the fireplace, one in front of the couch, one on the stairs, ....

Lostsoule77
July 2nd, 2012, 02:34 PM
I find bobby pins all over the house. I guess my hair spits them out because I certainly don't randomly carry them around and toss one over by the fireplace, one in front of the couch, one on the stairs, ....

Spidermom this cracked me up! :D

SerinaDaith
July 2nd, 2012, 03:26 PM
I have cat's and toddlers, anything small left out for even a second will be forfeit.

Micayla47
July 2nd, 2012, 04:04 PM
those hair accessories can be found with all the missing pencils, lighters and socks!

catamonica
July 2nd, 2012, 05:58 PM
I keep my bobby pins, in a plastic bag & a little coin purse. I love bobby pins. Theu jold mu braided bun in place. Couldn't do without them. They are comfortable.

catamonica
July 2nd, 2012, 05:59 PM
Sorry about the misspelling.

MissAlyssa
July 2nd, 2012, 06:01 PM
I saw a picture on pinterest the other day where they glued a magnetic strip inside a drawer in the bathrooom, so they could stick all their bobby pins on it. So simple yet I never would have thought of that ;P still not sure how to keep track of hair ties though..

Tisiloves
July 2nd, 2012, 06:02 PM

That reminds me of my Granny, she wore her hair in a pinned French pleat every day, her house was always littered with u pins.

Kerrilynn
July 2nd, 2012, 06:39 PM
I saw a picture on pinterest the other day where they glued a magnetic strip inside a drawer in the bathrooom, so they could stick all their bobby pins on it. So simple yet I never would have thought of that ;P still not sure how to keep track of hair ties though..

I've seen this as well! It's a brilliant idea! I'm always losing bobby pins and hair ties. Though, with the hair ties I'm pretty certain it's my cat stalking off away with them if I haven't put it away.

SerinaDaith
July 2nd, 2012, 06:52 PM
I have a large metal ring for my scrunchies and metal free elastics. It has rubber covers on the ends. I leave it hanging from a knob on my medicine cabinet before that I had a hook for it next to my bathroom mirror, I think I got it in a pack of goodie hair elastics, come to think of it all of them are gone now... I also have my DD's hair clips all clipped onto a ribbon on the other knob on the same cabinet. I just took a simple fairly thin ribbon folded it over and clipped each one to the ribbon.