PDA

View Full Version : Compliment on cinnamon bun!

Lostsoule77
June 30th, 2012, 02:22 PM
People rarely notice my hair at work because it is up and out of the way (I work in a retail pharmacy.) Well the other day I must've been partly turned around for something because when I went to the counter to assist a patient she asked me to turn around. All I had in was a simple cinnamon bun and she asked me if I did it myself. When I told her I did she asked how it just stays like that. I explained that the stick was put in kind of like sewing. She was amazed and said it was very artistic! I thanked her and had the biggest grin on my face for awhile. :D (I still wonder how she would've reacted to a complicated bun. ;))

This was the exact bun.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/IMG_4279.jpg

Madora
June 30th, 2012, 02:27 PM
People rarely notice my hair at work because it is up and out of the way (I work in a retail pharmacy.) Well the other day I must've been partly turned around for something because when I went to the counter to assist a patient she asked me to turn around. All I had in was a simple cinnamon bun and she asked me if I did it myself. When I told her I did she asked how it just stays like that. I explained that the stick was put in kind of like sewing. She was amazed and said it was very artistic! I thanked her and had the biggest grin on my face for awhile. :D (I still wonder how she would've reacted to a complicated bun. ;))

This was the exact bun.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/IMG_4279.jpg
What a lovely compliment, lostsoule77! Very artistic indeed! How lovely to read of someone who appreciates the beauty and artistry of long hair!

owlathena
June 30th, 2012, 02:27 PM
It IS a pretty bun!

HintOfMint
June 30th, 2012, 02:34 PM
What a kind compliment, and very accurate.

It's a lovely bun, simple but very... imposing? Impressive? One or both of those words will do.

Lostsoule77
June 30th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Well thank you guys! To me it's just the quickest, easiest thing to do in the morning. I'm not a morning person and the less time it takes me the better. ;)

LaFlor
June 30th, 2012, 03:36 PM
It is a lot more impressive than my bun, so I probably would have said something as well :blossom:

I would love to see some LHC updo's in real life... it would make my day. I have yet to see anyone with any kind of special bun or hairtoy :(

Honestwitness
June 30th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Yay for you, Lostsoule77! Your bun is very beautiful!

dollyfish
June 30th, 2012, 04:51 PM
To be honest, that IS quite a lovely cinnabun!

The woman at the Burger King drive up yesterday had a beautiful rope braid, but I was too shy to say anything. I agree that it's always so nice seeing LHC-ish styles in everyday life :)

racrane
June 30th, 2012, 05:02 PM
I agree that it was really pretty! :)

I sometimes get told, too, how impressed people are with my hairstyles. I always point them here and say other people are much better at the styles than me. And it's true, you have a much better cinnamon bun than I could ever hope to have. It's just lovely. :)

BrightEyes
June 30th, 2012, 05:12 PM
That's awesome! And I agree, your bun is lovely as well as artistic:)

AngelDoll
June 30th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Your bun is lovely and it is nice to get a compliment from time to time :flower:. I wear a cinnabun 99% of the time.

Sewas
June 30th, 2012, 07:17 PM
That is so neat. Wasn't that the nicest person ever to actually take note of your hair and compliment you on it? Your cinnamon bun is very pretty, and it is one of my favorite buns as well.

Vanilla
June 30th, 2012, 07:19 PM
The bun is very pretty, and I like your hair stick as well. What a nice compliment from that woman :)

Lostsoule77
June 30th, 2012, 07:43 PM
You guys are amazing! You put that same grin back on my face. :D I was so happy to receive the compliment in the first place and you are all repeating it over and over! I only posted the picture so you could see that it's just a regular old cinnamon bun. Certainly nothing special especially compared with most of the other styles people on here post.

Thank you all so, so much! :D

LaFlor I would love to see some of the LHC styles in real life too!

Vanilla that is my favorite stick to use. :)

plainjanegirl
June 30th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Your bun is very pretty.

It is weird because I find that usually when I get hair compliments it is when I have it fixed in a simple style that I consider plain, but rarely get compliments when I have fixed in a nicer fancier style.

lis_sing
June 30th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Very cute bun, wanna attempt this style on my own now :D

Amethyste
June 30th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Less is more...
Your hair and bun = gorgeous classy style!! :)

Debra83
June 30th, 2012, 10:38 PM
I agree!!! If it were me, I would have asked you to show me how to do it!!! I am not shy...you might have guessed!!!

Macaroni
June 30th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Yay for spontaneous compliments!

Kyla
June 30th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Your cinnamon bun is much neater than mine ever are! Very pretty. :) I like your stick too.

I've also have people act fascinated/complimentary with my buns and hairsticks, in that they don't exactly understand how it stays up. I usually take down my hair and show them.

Lostsoule77
July 2nd, 2012, 12:35 PM
Your bun is very pretty.

It is weird because I find that usually when I get hair compliments it is when I have it fixed in a simple style that I consider plain, but rarely get compliments when I have fixed in a nicer fancier style.

I know! I don't get why that is though.

Very cute bun, wanna attempt this style on my own now :D

Try it! It is so simple. :D

Less is more...
Your hair and bun = gorgeous classy style!! :)

Thank you so much!

I agree!!! If it were me, I would have asked you to show me how to do it!!! I am not shy...you might have guessed!!!

Your cinnamon bun is much neater than mine ever are! Very pretty. :) I like your stick too.

I've also have people act fascinated/complimentary with my buns and hairsticks, in that they don't exactly understand how it stays up. I usually take down my hair and show them.

At work I'm too busy too do that, but I would show someone in another setting if they seemed interested. She was in her 70-80's though with such a short bob that is was almost a pixie. ;)