PDA

View Full Version : What is my hair type now?

dontcallmejessi
August 2nd, 2008, 11:03 AM
My hair is really changing on me. Now that I have learned it needs moisture and am trying to steer clear of sulfates and discovering other things my hair doesn't like I am seeing more and more spiraling popping up. It looks so different to me. So hoping you ladies and gents can help me. what is my hair type now? This is freshly washed air dried hair in the sun, no flash. I did not use any conditioner, only shampoo, no oil or other products whatsoever. I tried not to touch it too much but admittedly I did shake it a bit to try to get out a few tangles. So what do you think? have we changed?

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj45/dontcallmejessi/honey/H2007.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj45/dontcallmejessi/honey/H2010.jpg

notice how shiny it is now (no oil or nothin!) :D :cheese:

daydreamer
August 2nd, 2008, 12:57 PM
I definitely wouldn't call you a 2b. I'd say 2c, maybe even some 3a in there? It seems like it is tighter of a curl than 2c to me, but maybe some curly people can chime in here. I can see from your photo album that your hair has changed a LOT! And it is very beautiful and shiny!!

dontcallmejessi
August 2nd, 2008, 01:19 PM
Thank you! I am confused at to what to type it too. It started out as loose S-ways but not they are tight S's and lots of spiraling starting to show up.

I am so thrilled! I had just gone threw a period where my curls were falling out and my hair has gone flat, then I discovered moisture :D Now my hair and I are much happier. I think I owe most of the shine even to damaged tips to my experiementations with honey. Each time my damaged ends feel "healed". If I didn't know better I'd say they were fully repaired now. But I know that doesn't happen, just feels and looks healthy now. :hmm:And I was really contemplating a drastic trim to my lower layers, shooo that was close!

spidermom
August 3rd, 2008, 09:04 AM
It's at least 2C if not 3A.

lapushka
August 3rd, 2008, 09:13 AM
I think 2b, possibly 2c if you have a few ringlets in there.

Lady Godiva
August 3rd, 2008, 09:14 AM
I'm seeing some 3a spiraling in there. :agree:

paper
August 3rd, 2008, 09:54 AM
I just wanted to say, your hair is gorgeous!!! Love those curls and shine.

Meli
August 3rd, 2008, 10:09 AM
I vote for 2c/3a. Definitely not a 2b.