PDA

View Full Version : Ketylo LET DOWN!

cubedcoley
June 30th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Hi there!

Sadly, I am reporting that two Ketylo hairsticks I ordered and were shipped on 6/15/2012 have yet to arrive, despite Ketylo confirming they were delivered on 6/18/2012. I spent the last week running between Ketylo and my Postmaster/mail carrier with no luck at all at locating my purchase. Since online it says they were delivered, nobody CARES! But, they have never been anywhere near my mailbox! I waited on them patiently EVERY DAY! I was left to fill out an insurance claim online because the mail service and Ketylo have left me in the lurch to get my money back on my own! Can't believe it! I have not been offered anything for the trouble and barely an apology that I have nothing to show for the money I plunked down! ORDER FUTURE STICKS WITH CAUTION!!! BE PREPARED IF YOU DON'T GET THEM!:luke: That is what you may be doing. In the future, I will :run: away from their company due to this very poor customer service issue.

AngelDoll
June 30th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Sorry that this happened to you. I have never ordered from them. I hope it all works out well for you.:blossom:

FrannyG
June 30th, 2012, 10:14 AM
I have never had such a problem with Ketylo. It sounds more like a problem with the postal service. Having said that, I would think that they might send you another order, just to keep up the good will.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

islandboo
June 30th, 2012, 10:34 AM
I understand your frustration but realistically, isn't that what insurance is for? Ketylo obviously shipped the product, it is not his fault at all that you didn't receive it, but you want him to take a loss and send you replacement product at his expense? If you file the insurance claim, you will get your money back and then you can reorder the sticks (if you choose).

Ketylo has been good about replacing product that is defective, even months after the fact, and if I recall correctly he had to increase his shipping costs to include tracking because of issues where people reported non-receipt and he had to replace product at his cost and it became too much of a financial burden for him to have to do that. He is just one man, not a big corporation.

cubedcoley
June 30th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I understand your frustration but realistically, isn't that what insurance is for? Ketylo obviously shipped the product, it is not his fault at all that you didn't receive it, but you want him to take a loss and send you replacement product at his expense? If you file the insurance claim, you will get your money back and then you can reorder the sticks (if you choose).

Ketylo has been good about replacing product that is defective, even months after the fact, and if I recall correctly he had to increase his shipping costs to include tracking because of issues where people reported non-receipt and he had to replace product at his cost and it became too much of a financial burden for him to have to do that. He is just one man, not a big corporation.
Yes, I agree with you that is what insurance is for, but I was surprised at the lack of help I received; for example, online with the Postal Service the mailer or the adressee can fill out the insurance form. I had to go back in email 3-4 times to ketylo to get all the information for this form; he could have filled it out, though he claimed at his post office they told him I had to do it, the online form says otherwise. I asked for help with the issue, not a replacement. I received no help, and that is my biggest problem at this time.

OhioLisa
June 30th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Yes, I agree with you that is what insurance is for, but I was surprised at the lack of help I received; for example, online with the Postal Service the mailer or the adressee can fill out the insurance form. I had to go back in email 3-4 times to ketylo to get all the information for this form; he could have filled it out, though he claimed at his post office they told him I had to do it, the online form says otherwise. I asked for help with the issue, not a replacement. I received no help, and that is my biggest problem at this time.

In his defense, I have been told the same thing from local post offices, that the person to whom the package did not arrive is the one who needs to fill out the form. And again, he did do his part. He made your items, packaged them, insured them, and shipped them. Is the loss and following claim a hassle? Yes. But the fault here lies in your postal service, not with Kevin. And, quite frankly, I do not think it fair to expect him to chase after every package he mails. It may be inconvenient, but he should not be expected to fill out forms for your refund. :twocents:

MaRo
June 30th, 2012, 11:38 AM
from which country does you came from? out of the USA it can nearly takes up to 3 month till you get your orders..

islandboo
June 30th, 2012, 12:59 PM

Ah, I see. I wonder if it is an difference with filing online versus on site. I know that for filing in person at my post office it is always the recipient who must file, so that might be where the confusion lies. I am sorry it has been such a hassle for you.

jeanniet
June 30th, 2012, 05:02 PM
I'm sorry this has happened, but I do think that you're the one who has to file the claim. I'm not sure why it say differently online. I had an instance where a stick hadn't arrived two weeks after shipping, and the seller did do some checking with USPS for me; fortunately it was just delayed for whatever reason and did show up a few days later. But that was a seller that I had done quite a lot of business with, so we had something of an established relationship.

KschoenSpeaks
July 4th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Hi CubedColey ~

It was a best business practice for Ketylo to have insured your package and include delivery confirmation. When you faced a problem receiving your shipment, he researched the matter and provided the deliver confirmation / insurance tracking numbers to assure you that the package had been delivered to your address.

When you post a message titled, "Ketylo Let Down," I believe you are misrepresenting the situation. As far as I can see, he did everything possible to fill your order and send it promptly and responsibly. The more appropriate title for your message might have been "What Can I Do About This"?

Ketylo adds insurance and delivery confirmation to his shipments for a reason. What do you think could happen if Ketylo set a precedent to replace an order when a customer said they did not receive it (even though the USPS Delivery Confirmation states they did)? While the
size of the order makes no difference in his customer relations, would you recommend for him to replace a $1,000 order if a customer said they did not receive it (although documentation from the post office confirms that they did)?

I understand that Ketylo checked the post office on his end, finding that everything was in order. Have you followed through by contacting your local mail carrier, post office, and/or neighbors to inquire about your missing package? Does anyone else have access to your mailbox or delivery point? Perhaps a neighbor or friend was being helpful to collect your mail? If so, have you found any clues regarding the missing package?

I sure hope you do! I appreciate your frustration with this situation, I would be frustrated, too. I hope you are able to find the missing package as it is SOMEWHERE on your end of the delivery process.

Ketylo has an excellent reputation for customer service. He has also been known to provide extra goodies from time to time. However, this is his choice, and I seriously doubt that he is going to feel inclined to give a present to someone who "slammed him" unfairly on an international forum.

You might consider apologizing to Ketylo and see what happens.

DragonLady
July 4th, 2012, 09:15 AM

I have two online retail stores, and I ship packages daily to destinations all over the world. Sometimes, they get lost. And I have more than once spent time and $$ on international phone calls to track down what happened.

So far, in every case, and in every country I've been told the BUYER would have to file a claim. They will NOT let me fill out the papers or perform any part of the process aside from sending a scan of the postal documents -delivery confirmation #, customs forms, etc.

I'm certain Kevin has done everything he could do for you.

cubedcoley
July 4th, 2012, 08:42 PM
KSCHOENSPEAKS~

As the customer, I did not realize I was taking such a risk with my 39$ hard earned and carefully planned out hairstick purchase. To date, 4 weeks after ordering, I have no hairsticks, no explanation as to why this happened, and no idea what to do next. This was an investment in a hairtoy for me, I only have one hairstick because I am very cautious how I spend my money. I use spin pins nearly every day....

My original post was meant to share this experience: if you spend your money, and don't get your item, it is your fault and not the shipper; don't expect anything other than the tracking number and a few shipping details with regards to assistance from Ketylo or Kevin.

IMO that is poor customer service, but it seems a personal relationship with Kevin excuses this happening to me. It outweighs my experience (spent nearly 40 bucks, and nothing for it but trouble) and justifies others' opinions of me. I don't post a lot, but thought this was relevant since everybody tries to help each other. I think the fact that I kindly but firmly asked Kevin to make it right in some manner that he deemed appropriate is what is so upsetting as a customer PAYING for a service: I did not ask for money back, hairsticks re-sent, or even a credit. I asked for him to CARE enough to continue helping me pursue the ending of the story. I asked him to HELP me rather than put all the responsibility on me to get my investment despite the fact that I am on the loosing end of this deal at this point.

I asked to make it right with me.

YOU be the judge if the situation has been resolved: I paid 39$. No hairsticks in my mailbox or explanation as to where they could possibly be from Kevin or the post office despite emails and over 5-6 phone calls to USPS. Insurance has been filed and it could take up to a few months to get my check IF they decide it is appropriate. There is still a chance I won't ever see my money again. YOU decide and then order from Ketylo in the future based on that judgment.

wendyg
July 5th, 2012, 03:39 AM
No one's trying to invalidate your experience - and I'm sure we are all sorry for your loss - but you are one dissatisfied customer among dozens of happy ones. My own experiences with Ketylo have been excellent. My experience with the Post Office, however, is variable, and it's clear from what you say that it's the Post Office that's the problem here. Like many others, I feel that it is not fair to blame Ketylo for the failings of the Post Office.

Bear in mind that a pair of sticks is a substantial investment for Ketylo, too - they're hand-crafted items, so to the maker they represent capital outlays (for the raw materials and tools) as well as a substantial amount of time making the sticks.

So, basically, you're blaming Ketylo for something that is not their fault. Until or unless the insurance makes good, the Post Office's failure has cost you your sticks - and, if you have your own way, Ketylo its reputation for customer service. THIS SITUATION IS NOT KETYLO'S FAULT.

Can a moderator possibly change the subject line of this thread? It's really not fair to the vendor concerned.

wg

Anje
July 5th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Did you ever check with your neighbors? I've had numerous issues with my local postal delivery (heck, I've gotten neighbors' social security checks in my mail). Sometimes it's as simple as the delivery going to a next door neighbor and getting written off as "delivered" by the confirmation service.

Frankly, delivery confirmation that doesn't require a signature is rather pointless. It confirms that a package arrived at a destination, but not necessarily the correct one.

prettykitty
July 5th, 2012, 05:08 PM
I'd be mad at the post office instead.

Unicorn
July 5th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Unfortunately, this is always a risk when shopping mail order. The vender really cannot be blamed for problems with the post office. I once made an hair toy order for just under £200. It was sent, but never arrived, the PO said it was awaiting collection, but on contacting them, they had no record. The Vendor offered a full refund, I suggested we split the loss, after all we had both acted in good faith, were both ticked off with the situation and neither was at fault. This is a well known (at LHC) and much respected vendor, I had not the slightest doubt that it had been sent.

It eventually turned up over two months later, the packaging looking somewhat battered and dirty. Fortunately the packaging ensured the contents were safe and unharmed.

But it is a (relatively small) risk we take when purchasing items by post - If a vendor uses insurance that really is the most they can do. All else has to be done by the purchaser.

Ketyo is a reputable vendor, it will have been sent. The issue is with the post office.

When I though mine was lost, I was so upset, I couldn't visit LHC for the duration because I REALLY didn't want to be thinking about hair AT ALL. But the fact is the vendor was not at fault.

Unicorn

MeganE
July 5th, 2012, 08:12 PM
I had a similar experience recently with a Grah-Toe purchase. The item was marked delivered, and I had no forks.

I followed through with the USPS, and they were incredibly helpful. In fact, the woman I spoke with volunteered to me that another person at the same residence frequently receives packages of the same type as the priority flat rate box I was expecting from Grah-Toe.

I inquired at that residence, and found that the items had arrived there, been opened, and stuffed in a drawer in the kitchen, as the man who lives there just didn't know what they were. He's suffered from a stroke, so it wasn't too surprising that he didn't realize the package didn't have his name on them.

If you want to take some knowledge from this, know that your package was scanned delivered by the USPS, and they must be somewhere near your house, likely delivered in the wrong place. And since they were insured, then you should be able to get a replacement.

Believe me, when I found mine, they became my lucky sticks. :) I hope yours become lucky for you as well.

elthia
July 6th, 2012, 09:13 PM
I have had the same problem with UPS all the time but backwards. I receive deliveries for 123 Maple Street, and I live on 123 OAK Street*, which is just around the corner. Sometimes these are rush deliveries. After dealing with this for 6 years, I just now walk down the road and hand deliver them to my neighbor, but I have come back from a vacation and found stuff sitting on my porch that has been there awhile. My deliveries always make it to me though, I don't know why?

Not my real addresses.

MandyBeth
July 7th, 2012, 10:35 AM
While it is a mail issue as to no package, there also is some lack of customer service. Being the vendor, send ALL the info needed to fill out an insurance claim form if you can't do so yourself.

Given as my experience was when asking how to use sticks as I was breaking them, I got a short one line reply to not abuse the sticks. Gee, that helps. I didn't think putting ebony hairstick in my hair was abusing the stick, I'm glad to know otherwise.

All vendors are good. Until you have a problem.

OhioLisa
July 7th, 2012, 11:32 AM
While it is a mail issue as to no package, there also is some lack of customer service. Being the vendor, send ALL the info needed to fill out an insurance claim form if you can't do so yourself.

Given as my experience was when asking how to use sticks as I was breaking them, I got a short one line reply to not abuse the sticks. Gee, that helps. I didn't think putting ebony hairstick in my hair was abusing the stick, I'm glad to know otherwise.

He DID send her all the info she needed, and even looked up tracking info himself. As the shipper, he did not, and COULD not file her claim for her. He can only do so much. Blame USPS, not Kev.

kpzra
July 7th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I think the point is it shouldn't take 3-4 e-mails to get all the info from the seller. They can look up what is needed and send it all, or just try to be more helpful. I've bought from sellers that others just raved about, but I had nothing but problems. I've had people refuse to send what I paid for because I lived in Alaska (they used flat rate). I had to use Paypal to get my money back, as they were just going to keep it and not send anything.

Long_hair_bear
July 7th, 2012, 09:16 PM

I'm with you. You find out very quickly what sellers have great customer service when a problem arises with either their product or getting there. I've never blamed a seller when a product didn't arrive though. 9 times out of ten, it's not their fault, but the shipping company's. You can't blame the seller for that, especially when they've done all they could to help. It would cost hairstick makers like ketylo and nightblooming a fortune if they had to atone for every lost package. Thank God for tracking and insurance! It sucks you have to fill out a claim, but things like this happen. I have known sellers that have shipped me a replacement when my item never arrived though, which I thought was exceedingly kind of them as it wasn't their fault. :D

MandyBeth
July 8th, 2012, 03:38 PM
He DID send her all the info she needed, and even looked up tracking info himself. As the shipper, he did not, and COULD not file her claim for her. He can only do so much. Blame USPS, not Kev.

One email to get the info, I'll blame USPS only.

More than one, nope, vendor no matter who is getting some blame.

I don't find Ketylo to have even good CS if you have a problem. I get that I can't wear dymondwood, but seriously, ebony and maple sticks shouldn't break when trying to be inserted while spinning them in. That's not stick abuse. Lord knows I have blatantly "abused" sticks by others without snapping them. Of handmade sticks - not topped - I have broken one other in 2.5 years. It was glass, I dropped it. That's stick abuse and that's my fault.

pepperminttea
July 8th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Out of curiosity MandyBeth, how thick were your ketylos that snapped? I've got some of his thicker and thinner ones, and I'm always a bit more worried the thinner ones might snap on me (though none have yet, touch wood).

MandyBeth
July 8th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Out of curiosity MandyBeth, how thick were your ketylos that snapped? I've got some of his thicker and thinner ones, and I'm always a bit more worried the thinner ones might snap on me (though none have yet, touch wood).

Got me, whatever was being made two years ago? I snapped them right on a curve, same point every time. I've not bothered trying them again so maybe there has been an improvement. But I'm happy with the vendors I buy from now.

Cupofmilk
July 9th, 2012, 07:18 AM
I've had problems with a ketylo in the past and one that got lost in the mail. Kevin was fantastic both times. Quick turn around great communication etc. i am sorry you had a bad experience.

Sheltie_Momma
July 9th, 2012, 10:09 AM
OP I'm sorry this happened, it must feel terrible to save up money to get something lovely and then have it go wrong. I do think the thread should be re-titled to reflect that it is a delivery issue, however, anyone reading it would see the majority of us have been thrilled with both product and service. I truly believe this is a one off situation but I'm sorry it happened.

Nightshade
July 9th, 2012, 10:22 AM
In his defense, I have been told the same thing from local post offices, that the person to whom the package did not arrive is the one who needs to fill out the form. And again, he did do his part. He made your items, packaged them, insured them, and shipped them. Is the loss and following claim a hassle? Yes. But the fault here lies in your postal service, not with Kevin. And, quite frankly, I do not think it fair to expect him to chase after every package he mails. It may be inconvenient, but he should not be expected to fill out forms for your refund. :twocents:

I couldn't have said that any better. There's only so much a seller can do in a situation like this. He did everything he could on his end to make sure that it got to you, and that if it didn't that you'd be compensated.

Expecting him to replace your order in full because of a fault with USPS is unfair.

Have you check around your house? Sometimes postal delivers are tucked inside of doors, so if you have two front doors for instance, could the package be in between them (Ketylo boxes are small)? Around the side of the house? Sometimes postal workers put packages in strange places :(